Sign in to follow this  
vampire613

Suddenly Low Fps After Coming Back To Arma

I was playing Arma 3 on ultra with a stable 60-80 fps before.

I've come back after a few months and my frame rate has halved , i'm getting between 30-50 fps on high .

Has there been patch that has screwed with performance ? I have no idea why this would suddenly happen.

My specs are,

i7 4770 @4.4 ghz

16gb 1866

2x GTX 770 4GB

Its not really sudden, each successive patch has reduced performance. That is pretty normal performance nowadays with an overclocked CPU. I wont go into the what and why but its a problem most of us have in even surprisingly small scenarios (10 players 20 AI). Play on Arma 2 maps and you'll get better FPS, for now I would say 70% of altis is too low performance to be worth playing.

Come back in a year again , maybe DX12 will improve things ..

Its all about perception, the more you play and get used to the poor performance the more you will feel 'its the norm', so go play some more until you are conditioned, then in a few weeks or months you will defend it stating its the mission makers fault or other that is the problem and the game is not broken. ;)

Its all about perception, the more you play and get used to the poor performance the more you will feel 'its the norm', so go play some more until you are conditioned, then in a few weeks or months you will defend it stating its the mission makers fault or other that is the problem and the game is not broken. ;)

The numbers don't lie, the frame rate is significantly lower . Perception is not a factor here.

Yup, I bought Arma on sale and just remove it from SSD to backup HDD until it becomes playable for me. Either with upgrade or with optimisation. 20-30 FPS is really bad, but it gets even worse when I tried some mods I was interested in, like TacBF.

I didn't know this was such issue that even people with top cards, or with SLI pair struggle... What beast is that Dyslexi guy running on and other youtubers?

hah! spot on. made me giggle. thx

I didn't know this was such issue that even people with top cards, or with SLI pair struggle... What beast is that Dyslexi guy running on and other youtubers?

He is running Arma 2 for the big coop games. Arma 3 is limited to much smaller games and if you look its not doing 30 fps reliably either.

Lol, who said come back in a year? It's more like 26 days ish, Windows 10 - DX12.

Dx12 doesn't do shit until it is added to ArmA3 (or expansion), and even then you will be lucky if the FPS change has to be counted on two hands.

Dx12 doesn't do shit until it is added to ArmA3 (or expansion), and even then you will be lucky if the FPS change has to be counted on two hands.

ahh yeah, good point. I about forgot that main features must be incorporated into the game. I guess we will have to wait a year than. GG

Has everyone forgotten that arma is still experiencing the 1.46 memory leak.....

or do we still think that 16.6 MB update fixed it cause it didnt

I was playing Arma 3 on ultra with a stable 60-80 fps before.

I've come back after a few months and my frame rate has halved , i'm getting between 30-50 fps on high .

Has there been patch that has screwed with performance ? I have no idea why this would suddenly happen.

My specs are,

i7 4770 @4.4 ghz

16gb 1866

2x GTX 770 4GB

Lets be honest: did you really thought that you would encounter some magic fps improvements? After 1 year? Arma 2 is running since release (was released only 6 years ago, no time to optimize engine in this time^^) still with the same low framerates...

I love Techno but i need to quote a wise man for the next sentence:

"some things will never change...."

Hi everyone,

I jump on this post instead to open a new one.

I didn't found any specific and clear answers to my questionment.

I have 2 GTX970 graphic cards, working in SLI. With the latest drivers.

When i activate only one, or both, i don't see any difference with the PFS...it turn around 50/60 FPS, no matter if i activate a card or two.

I wanted to know if this is normal ?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

When i activate only one, or both, i don't see any difference with the PFS...it turn around 50/60 FPS, no matter if i activate a card or two.

Thanks.

100% normal. The game is entirely limited by CPU performance in its simulation and the BI code for rendering on a single thread. There is no way to fix the situation, its been like this since release and it'll always be like this.

Okay thank :)

It explain maybe why i don't loose FPS with all settings up or down, but i fall with puting up the views distances ?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Thanks.

No, that's not normal.

You should see an improvement in matters of fps, there are a good amount of situations in rendering not cpu dependent.

Are sure that both are activated?

You have the correct profile enabled?

You are playing windowed or fullscreen?

You have Vsync enabled or disabled?

What's your screen resolution?

SLI dont work in Arma cause there is no SLI-Profile available. Even if there would be a profile you woudnt see a difference according the frames

Honestly, SLI I dont know.

But with CrossFire I have na improvement of about 30% in matters of fps.

With Vsync enable and full screen.

With Vsync disabled I have stuttering and windowed only one GPU is being used.

Yeh guys,

It look like Timewarp said.

I did check the list of games that is available with SLI at an Nvidia official listing.

ArmA 3 don't have any SLI Profile...:(

Also, i did check how many ressources my computer is using for hard scenes under ArmA 3 (around 20 PFS).

Iam surprised to see that even one signle GTX 970 activated is only used at 50%...even with 20 FPS shutdown...

Much more bad : my CPU (i7-5930k), is used around 40% MAX ! not more (what ever the situation and even if i add view distance, the CPU stay definitively around 40% of capacity even if the game is falling in fluidity...) :(

There are known issues for a LOOOOONG time. DX12 could improve some situations, but an overhaul may come only with ArmA 4 or whatever it will be called.

Yep, ArmA 2 haved the same problem.

I dont even know if it will be fixed with directx12...its not enought, it need programation work beeside.

Its sad, but Arma 3 is not badly optimised for this kind of 3D engine and scale...it just have to be better (50% GPU and 40% CPU, it must) :D

I have the same thing... i5-3570k OC 4.2Ghz 8Gb RAM R9 290 4Gb 1100/1350Mhz Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bits and I get like 15-20 in for example king of the hill while flying with all at standard(same as low and Ultra e.e) and wiew distance 1km, with drops to 7-8Fps.

Other servers like conquer and annex with 20 people in the game I get like 20-30fps. :/

Any tips/advice for some performance? :c