I'm very pleased to announce the next release of our  3CB_BAF_Equipment, along with updates to 3CB_BAF_Weapons, 3CB_BAF_Vehicles and 3CB_BAF Units.

This release includes many small tweaks and bug fixes.

A download link and change log is available on the front page 

• Like 5

hey guys is there any chance of AAC pilots with MTP & even though you guys currently dont have fast movers british pilots with G-suits & helmets
The-Longest-DayLG.jpg29935708451_c5c85735f4_b.jpg

• Like 1

Unfortunately, we don't have a suitable chest rig / vest model for a G-suit. If you know of one currently out there, please let me know. As for the helicopter pilot, you could just use a standard MTP uniform, use the MTP pilot vest, and wear the pilot helmet if you don't want to wear the re-skinned vanilla helicopter overalls.

To  be perfectly honest though, we aren't currently focused on aircraft / crew. We have a Scimitar to finish off first and foremost and it would be nice to get a couple of other ground vehicles added. 

• Like 5

Is there any kind of optional config or something that I am not aware of that will allow vanilla or modded suppressors etc to be used with 3CB weapons? Specifically the L129a1?

That is not one I can answer. I would guess that is either an oversight or it is deliberate that the L129a1 can only use the one suppressor. I'll raise it with the team.

• Like 1

@ineptaphid  We deliberately restrict the attachments on our weapons to just our accessories, for the sake of realism.

7 minutes ago, lifetap said:

@ineptaphid  We deliberately restrict the attachments on our weapons to just our accessories, for the sake of realism.

For realism's sake, as far as I'm aware the L129A1 (LM308MWS) has a standard 5/8-24 muzzle thread so it should accept any 5/8-24 muzzle thread attachment.

• Like 5

Hello, thank you for the great hard work! I was just wondering, are you guys planning to add camo combination texture for especially DDPM and Temperate DPM or DDPM and DPM mix to the normal combat uniform model too? (AAF's uniform model)

Also, just an idea, perhaps you can use and retexture the Tanoan guerilla uniform as well? The one with brown combat pant and camo tank top if I recall correctly, to sort of achieve this look haha. I believe the pant model is the same as the AAF's one, which I think gonna fit in with the rest of the modpack.

It's just a rough suggestion, though I believe the guy in the photo was most likely to be shirtless instead of having a tank top underneath that vest. :p

964e61535276c90d6964787cc94a1b03.jpg

But thanks again for the mod itself!

Additional Idea:

Perhaps, in addition to the current green netting, adding tan netting option into the Temperate DPM or DPM camo helmet would be nice as well, so that it can also be used as a combination with the DDPM uniform.

4254643588_e5cde781a9_b.jpg

Edited by roastedporkchops
Additional Idea
  • Like 2

roastedporkchops, thanks for the suggestion.  I'll add it to the backlog to investigate other uniform possibilities, based on newer content

• Like 3

Could i make a suggestion to the current backpacks that you have. 

Due to the improvement of ACRE2 recently would you be implementing these radios into your backpacks to supplement the existing TFAR ones. ?

Great work fellas on your work so far, i hope you realise how many british folk you keep smiling over a cuppa with each new release.

Sorry, must have missed this originally. At the moment there are no plans as it would effectively mean doubling the number of backpacks in the pack. I haven't used ACRE2 recently, however can't you simply put a longer range radio as an inventory item in the backpack and use it that way? 

On 30/3/2018 at 8:56 AM, Mcnab.D said:

Could i make a suggestion to the current backpacks that you have. 

Due to the improvement of ACRE2 recently would you be implementing these radios into your backpacks to supplement the existing TFAR ones. ?

Great work fellas on your work so far, i hope you realise how many british folk you keep smiling over a cuppa with each new release.

In the 3CB BAF Equipment folder is an optionals folder, inside there you can find a .pbo that increases the carry limit of backpacks to accommodate ACRE radios.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello! i was wondering if it's possible to get insignias to work with the smocks? They don't show up when i try it. 

I don't believe the smocks have an insignia arm patch hidden texture or selection set within the model .p3d which is why they won't work. We were kindly allowed by RHS's PuFu to include them in our pack, so we use them 'as is'. I'd have to check our permissions to see whether or not we'd be permitted to modify the model. 

• Like 2

Hello,

I understand that StalkerGB no longer has the UBACS uniform however, are their plans on working on a new uniform or a collaboration with MPX on the Virtus gear? It is a crying shame that we have all the additional kit for the British yet we still are missing the basic proper uniform.

Kind Regards,

• Like 1

We were graciously given a uniform mesh by Cunico some time ago now. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone to weight it and get it in game. It is unlikely it will happen now due to a number of things, RL, age of the game, manpower in the team etc.. etc.... Current focus is to fix and update the pack post-Tank DLC.

Found a bug when using magnifying optics WHILE supporting weapon on the ground, probably has something to do with viewpoint of weapons:

Any idea how to fix this?

The issue is the reason why we avoid 3D optics in our pack.  They generally work ok for lower magnifcation optics, but as soon as the magnification increases, so does the eye position from the end of the scope.  The larger the distance, the more chance there is of clipping part of the other equipment.  This is exactly what you are experiencing.  2D scopes avoid this issue entirely.

aw. at first I used to hate 3D optics and only use 2D, but after a while they grew on my and now its the only thing I can use. something about the 2D overlay system feels clunky and makes you feel removed from the action. however, I can't say I haven't noticed some weirdness and clipping with 3D optics from other mods when on the SA80 series. I  find it quite a shame you guys would prefer not to do 3D, but it is understandable.

It isn't a case of not preferring to do it, if we could get it working we would. However, as we are using a reskin of the AAF uniform, and our vests, we can't perfectly weight the vests to the uniform as we don't have access to the uniform model. As a result, to prevent clipping through the vest when the unit is crouched, or in other certain poses, the vests are slightly bulkier than absolutely necessary. As a result, we get issues with the 3d scopes and the eye position clipping through the shoulders of the vest. Originally, this was not a problem, but following a game update some time ago now when the magnification standard was changed, it affected the use of 3d scopes and our kit - primarily when lying prone and using the scope. If we move the eye position, you wouldn't be using the scope correctly. We'd love to fix it, but so far there doesn't seem to be a way, without obtaining a new uniform and weighting all of our vests to more perfectly match the uniform. That way we could slightly reduce the bulkiness of the vests and you wouldn't see the issue.

• Like 2

No, I understood the situation, I just figured you guys preferred not to do it because of, as you described, camera pos weirdness and to a lack of access to source models to make everything fit perfect causing the bug. I knew there wasn't any kind of way to fix it as things stand, and it wasn't exactly a matter of choice. Poor phrasing on my part haha. Thanks for the response regardless, I appreciate hearing the lowdown on the why and how.

What is the current development focus of your modpack? In regards to units, vehicles and equipment. 

Current development focus for all of the packs is to fix the issues caused by the Tank DLC and the most recent game update, in addition to the bugs we've found ourselves, or those that have been reported to us by the community. Most of that is now done. That is the first and foremost focus.

On top of that, we will be adding one or two small additions - mainly pistols and accessories - in this next release.

Elsewhere, we are working on a several new vehicle additions, but these are at varying stages of completion.

• Like 4