Hey guys,

Just curious but a while ago MK.7's with UN covers were mentioned in the thread, I know the UN Beret got added in the last run through so I was wondering are these still planned?

I'm working on a scenario where they would be ideal

As always thanks for the great work and still looking forward to whatever you do next <3

No plans for a MK.7 with UN covers, so have added it to the backlog.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lifetap said:

No plans for a MK.7 with UN covers, so have added it to the backlog.

Thanks for the quick reply

Love you guys

Hi 3CB Guys 

I was wondering if you could please add all the Guards Berets to your md this would help masssive for my Division which has 7 Sub Units as there ar eno good shaped berets are apart from your and i think a guards beret would look awaesome i must say 

Thanks for posting here Michael.

Can you also link the reference information for the berets - close up's of cap badges and colours.

As we have a lot of work in the backlog and want to prioritise based on the most useful equipment, which of all the Guards berets would be top of your list, in case we only do a few of them? Just out of interest, how many members do you have active in your Division?

In the United Kingdom the Household Division consists of septem juncta in uno (Seven joined in one):

parade and field badges examples here

http://www.guardsgearmilitaria.com/cap-badges

example berets with parade badges (not for field use - too shiny)

Grenadiers

6054451_orig.jpg

coldstream

Coldstream-Guards-Beret-Brass-Cap-Badge-

irish

Irish-Guards-Beret-Brass-Cap-Badge.jpg

scots

Scots-Guards-Beret-Brass-Cap-Badge.jpg

welsh

Welsh-Guards-Beret-Brass-Cap-Badge.jpg

blues and royals

BERCA06-2.jpg?1475288618

life guards

s-l500.jpg

• Like 1

The blues and royals badge is wrong tyats the officer badge the blues and royals cap badge is the same as the life guards but black i served for 4 years in this unit.

Apollo we have 15-20 members now in the unit growning stronger as well would he great for the division same as i trying to find a fix for the Scimiter that has white tracks lol weird   

On the topic of headdress if you guys could not make the Royal Irish headdress that would be awesome!

Its very distinctive and a point of pride for the regiment that its different from everyone elses (Berets suck)

I love the shit out of you guys but I love my caubeen more ;)

P.s berets suck

Thanks eggbeast.

Our very kind Mr lifetap has been working on the Guards parade berets, so you should see something nice in the next release - but please don't ask for a date - it will come when other things in the pack are also done.

I reckon it'll be the limited edition "LimboLife" beret that will be in most demand though.  Burn the heretic.  ;-)

• Like 2

i was a marine, i know eff all about pongo lids - just felt like helping out lol.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, UK_Apollo said:

Thanks eggbeast.

Our very kind Mr lifetap has been working on the Guards parade berets, so you should see something nice in the next release - but please don't ask for a date - it will come when other things in the pack are also done.

I reckon it'll be the limited edition "LimboLife" beret that will be in most demand though.  Burn the heretic.  ;-)

We at the 20th AIB previously used Scots Guards as an attachment and accordingly have their 3 different berets plus the RAMC attachment version that we no longer use. I'll see if the mod creation team can donate them!

Charlie that would be great are yoy able to shoot over a image of them in game mate as the best modeled beret inhave aeen is Apollos 3cb things nothong seems to come close and 7 berets thats a fair few Apollo sorry for making you workload more lol but thanks for this friend

yeah agreed his beret is great, properly ironed flat. not like these chefs hats the yanks have.

• Like 2

On 24/01/2017 at 3:19 AM, charlie1210 said:

We at the 20th AIB previously used Scots Guards as an attachment and accordingly have their 3 different berets plus the RAMC attachment version that we no longer use. I'll see if the mod creation team can donate them!

Thanks. I'd be interested to see them.

16 hours ago, evrik said:

Thanks. I'd be interested to see them.

On 1/24/2017 at 9:54 AM, michael poole said:

Charlie that would be great are yoy able to shoot over a image of them in game mate as the best modeled beret inhave aeen is Apollos 3cb things nothong seems to come close and 7 berets thats a fair few Apollo sorry for making you workload more lol but thanks for this friend

These were edited by our mod creation team from source files given to us from Steel, who I believe gave them to you guys in 3CB. The infantry berets unfortunately look a bit odd due to the backing and cap stars looking horrible above the left eye where they should be, so we moved them more to the side. It seems to be the Ally thing to do these days anyways. (Too bad there aren't any flat cap models :don11:)

JSydoC5.jpg

RAMC Pl CMT attached to Guards

jNkB5kc.jpg

Scots Guards Other Ranks

godDKWq.jpg

Scots Guards SNCO

SDUFRIZ.jpg

Scots Guards Officer 

BONUS:

LC21mze.jpg

RAF Officer's Beret

Oi1ImK2.jpg

Boonie with Guards TRF

We also have a RIFLES beret and boonie but we use yours @3cb due to them being the correct colour and with the PRR options.

Uniform shown is part of the 3CB Equipment pack.

• Like 3

IMHO the RAF beret looks best, not because it's RAF :f:, but because it has the badge over the left eye.

So I think the other berets would look much better with their badges aligned over the left eye.

Also, though it's great to see berets, how many troops go into combat with berets today (instead of helmets), apart from peace-keeping ops?

1 hour ago, domokun said:

IMHO the RAF beret looks best not because it's RAF but because it has the badge over the left eye.

Though it's great to see berets, how many troops go into combat with berets today (instead of helmets), apart from peace-keeping ops?

We always carry head dress in the event we have to go "Soft Posture"

It all depends on the tactical scenario and the current threat

It could be jungle hats (boonies) or proper headdress, depending on what we are doing

2 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

We always carry head dress in the event we have to go "Soft Posture"

It all depends on the tactical scenario and the current threat

True. I remember rolling mine up and tucking it into a pocket, so it was always at the ready.

1 hour ago, domokun said:

IMHO the RAF beret looks best, not because it's RAF :f:, but because it has the badge over the left eye.

So I think the other berets would look much better with their badges aligned over the left eye.

Also, though it's great to see berets, how many troops go into combat with berets today (instead of helmets), apart from peace-keeping ops?

Agreed.. however when we put the infantry berets' backing and cap stars over the left eye it made the beret look like something found on an african war lord.

• Like 3

that beret model just needs a little retooling above the eye, move some of the front left points forward and up to create a flattened void space beneath where a badge can sit. you could even lower some of the back points behind that "peak" to create a little wave, where the beret front rises up and over the harder badge material.

i could do that for you if you need it done. just send me the model in pm and i'll have a go at fuckin it up lol.

• Like 2

On 26/01/2017 at 9:10 AM, domokun said:

The Scots guards wore berets at the battle of Tumbledown Mt in the falklands war so they knew who was british and who was argentine to prevent friendly fire.