... Sadly @3CB_Tache is yet to be fully realised. More's the pity.

• Like 3

Wot no tache?  Realism broken, immersion gone.

Next you'll be telling me the Wild Geese was just a film.

• Like 1

Absolutely love the update. the new equipment plus the slightly reworked textures for the MTP equipment are great.

Hello guys,

Appreciate the update that's been out, there's a nice array of kit to play with. I've got a list of suggestions or problems that I wanted to put out. I haven't had a chance to read through every response to the thread, so some of these might already have been mentioned. I will include some points on the weapons pack too, rather than starting the same post there too. If it's easier in terms of backlogging with it being on there, I'll do so.

Equipment

• Berets: Is there a chance for the shades of green on the Commando beret, Rifles beret, and so on be adjusted further? They're currently the same shade, with my particular quarrel being the Commando beret which still feels fairly blue-ish as appose to the Commando green.

• DPM Boonie: Something I haven't tried myself, but was reported to me is that the DPM variant of the Boonie hat changes to MTP when one of the distant LODs load.

• Radio Backpacks: I can see some work is going into the radio antennas. Is there any chance to have these antenna variants independently? I'm not a particular fan of two antennas on the same backpack.
    Example:

c6c575297835a08e22750af90c21d4f7.png Having the antenna on the right being shifted to the left, removing the one there currently would be fantastic.

• RM Wool Cap: Just a query about the reason for it being slanted? Might be something researched that I am not aware of, but it looks very out of the ordinary.

ef214351a802e1df5b1cc2692b606b79.png

Weapons

Other than one issue I've noticed, I mostly just had suggestions.

• Minimi: The L110A2 without the rails is being held in an interesting manor. Might have already been picked up on, but would like to report it in-case it hasn't.

733e84270c55eff49406884c859cab91.png

• Magazines: When removing the magazine from the weapon, could it be looked into having the magazine visually remove from the weapon? It may seem small, but my group are particular about making weapons safe etcetera, and would add to the 'immersion' having it remove. I've noticed a fair amount of the weapons in the back lacking this functionality, yet some do such as the Minimi. If there's a limitation on the L85A2 losing its magazine whilst having the EMAG, would it be possible to having the versions of the RIS without the EMAG to allow this feature? It's definitely a 'feature' we've been crossing out fingers for for a while.

• Animations: I've seen that some work is going into animations, such as the UGL reload. Out of curiosity, is there an intent to work on the L85A2 animations? The ones in CUP are stunning, would be a brilliant addition.

• L85A2 Training Variant: To my understanding there would be a engine limitation in having a 'type' of magazine show, depending on whether you loaded a standard 556 magazine or a blank magazine (please correct me on this if possible, I'd love to know). Therefore, would there be a possibility to add a 'training' variant of the L85A2 RIS with the yellow magazine? Again, small feature but it's the smaller details that make projects like this brilliant.

I can't think of anything more from the top of my head, but would love to hear back about suggestions/issues I have raised. I'll visit back if I find anything more.

Hi MangosHead,

Thanks for all the suggestions, great stuff.

We've implemented two of the changes just now, so they should make the imminent hotfix:

- fixed: boonies changing colour at distance

- updated: magazines no longer show in the weapon when removed (all)

Example: L85A2 EMAG

BqTjd3O.png

The L85A2 yellow training mag is on the wish list for us too, but isn't currently possible without creating it as a separate weapon (engine limitation).

Someone else will probably comment on the others tomorrow.

• Like 1

@MangosHead 

Minimi: The L110A2 without the rails is being held in an interesting manor. Might have already been picked up on, but would like to report it in-case it hasn't.

That L110A2 animation you show is odd, and not what we're seeing (screen shot below).

Can you provide repro steps please?

4WAJy6z.png

• Like 1

In terms of reproducing, this is all I am presented with if I select it in the Arsenal. The version I am running is the Armaholic one. Others within my group are also seeing this, both in the editor and on a dedicated server.

Another strange thing we're encountering is the EMAGs on the Osprey Mk4. In the editor, or singleplayer in general there are no visible issues. However, when on our server we're seeing the transparency of the EMAG cock up. The images will explain it better. Again, this is the Armaholic version.

1a256f370cfd901455b1841379b4f06e.jpgcbea3f288210fe1968c22e5c68266895.png

In terms of reproducing, this is all I am presented with if I select it in the Arsenal. The version I am running is the Armaholic one. Others within my group are also seeing this, both in the editor and on a dedicated server.

Can you check the mod version please by opening the readme.txt in the mod folder and pasting the first two lines.

Then run Arma with the following TWO mods only and check the animation on the L110A2 in the VA:

@cba_a3

@3cb_baf_weapons

• Like 1

• Animations: I've seen that some work is going into animations, such as the UGL reload. Out of curiosity, is there an intent to work on the L85A2 animations? The ones in CUP are stunning, would be a brilliant addition.

Theres no plans to do a pass on the L85 animations at present, I have quite a list of other animations that I was going to work on first.  If you would be so kind as to video the animations from CUP as I don't have it and as we don't use CUP weapons and I'm not going to download that much just to check one reload that would be great.

Making reload animations is a long process and to get them to line up with the sounds as well is an even longer process, so I hope everyone is aware that any anim changes will take along time to filter through.

Can you check the mod version please by opening the readme.txt in the mod folder and pasting the first two lines.

Then run Arma with the following TWO mods only and check the animation on the L110A2 in the VA:

@cba_a3

@3cb_baf_weapons

Right, after a play around with what you've suggested it seemed to be a cock up on my end though a mod confliction. Still not quite sure what caused it, but base pack is fine. Ignore that issue, thanks for the help!

Theres no plans to do a pass on the L85 animations at present, I have quite a list of other animations that I was going to work on first.  If you would be so kind as to video the animations from CUP as I don't have it and as we don't use CUP weapons and I'm not going to download that much just to check one reload that would be great.

Making reload animations is a long process and to get them to line up with the sounds as well is an even longer process, so I hope everyone is aware that any anim changes will take along time to filter through.

The best video I've found thus far that demonstrates it is here:

CUP Weapons have moved their L85 over to Kiory's one too, as you can see in the video.

Thanks for the clarification on the hand animation. If you figure it out, I'd be interested to know which mod is causing the issue.

As for the reload animation, we do have access to it as Kiory released it open source. I will pencil it in as a possible inclusion in a future release.

• Like 1

A hotfix for the Equipment is now available.

Version 2.0.2

• Fixed brightness of MTP T-shirt
  • Fixed texture issues with slung helmets
  • Fixed missing don/sling helmet commands
  • Fixed vest ballistics
  • Fixed LOD issue on hi-viz jacket
  • Fixed helmet weights
  • Fixed texture issues on Boonie
  • Fixed legacy class names
  • Fixed shading on some berets
  • Fixed position of commando wool hat
  • Added Welsh beret

Apologies for any inconvenience

• Like 6

As for the reload animation, we do have access to it as Kiory released it open source. I will pencil it in as a possible inclusion in a future release.

That is good news.The animation used in CUP really is excellent.

• Like 1

Great work for the smock,Absolutely love the update!!! Would love to see more old school equipments in the future including the flak vest, the assault vest, the ECBA body armour . Would you guys consider cooperating with STKR_BI as he got some authentic backpacks including the Predator backpack.. Would love to see them in the future

However, I have two suggestions on the PLCE now. The size of the pouches are seems to be too small comparing to the real one. Also, the color of the olive variant are looking too light. 

Cheers and keep up the good work 

• Like 2

Great work for the smock,Absolutely love the update!!! Would love to see more old school equipments in the future including the flak vest, the assault vest, the ECBA body armour . Would you guys consider cooperating with STKR_BI as he got some authentic backpacks including the Predator backpack.. Would love to see them in the future

However, I have two suggestions on the PLCE now. The size of the pouches are seems to be too small comparing to the real one. Also, the color of the olive variant are looking too light. 

Yes! Those vests you mentioned would look great with the smocks, espcially with the ddpm and dpm mixed one. Nice to see someone else out there who likes the early 2000s equipment!

Great work for the smock,Absolutely love the update!!! Would love to see more old school equipments in the future including the flak vest, the assault vest, the [/size]ECBA body armour . Would you guys consider cooperating with STKR_BI as he got some authentic backpacks including the Predator backpack.. Would love to see them in the future

Yea I'm not part of 3cb (sorry guys) but I managed to get the source files and I'm giving them a facelift at the moment... All those authentic backpacks will be coming soon to another mod

• Like 1

Great work on this new stuff, guys.

Can you fix Smock cargo space, please? Currently they have less cargo space then Combat Uniform (which is a bit weird, regarding more available pockets).

@bl2ck dog, thanks for spotting that one.  It's fixed in the dev build, so you'll get it next time we patch.

Any more smocks and we'll be nearing the grounds for a Falklands/Malvinas mod.

Keep up the good work!

Hey chaps good work as always:

I has request for some mtp para gear

• MTP Para flashes parawings placed were RM is placed XD small and hopefully simple to add

• My second request is i  guess something that also works into the units as well were basically there is a single unit that can be placed down - he is only wearing the MTP/DPM/DDPM plain unifrom and nothing else

Hello HillGamez, in response to your second point, are you talking about units placed in the 3D Eden mission editor? If so, the unit will only have his uniform and weapon. Once the mission begins the unit will be assigned his helmet and vest, plus face gear. If you are placing a unit with Zeus while the mission is running, and they do not have a vest or helmet, then yes, that is an issue. Can you confirm which?

• Like 1

Hello HillGamez, in response to your second point, are you talking about units placed in the 3D Eden mission editor? If so, the unit will only have his uniform and weapon. Once the mission begins the unit will be assigned his helmet and vest, plus face gear. If you are placing a unit with Zeus while the mission is running, and they do not have a vest or helmet, then yes, that is an issue. Can you confirm which?

its not a bug its a addon request my friend were the unit is just the uniform and nothing else even after load in