I'd um.....

Prefer an Iraqi or Afghani OPFOR faction. :)

You know, so all I'd ever load is 3CB and literally nothing else. 3CB4life

Hey, a guy can dream!

Working on it, but it will require RHS AFRF as a dependency as we use that on our server, and because we simply don't have the manpower / hours in the team to create everything we'd need for it while our primary focus is stuff for the BAF:

27C1314586F90FF4D50109F953718A77D2E1365D

• Like 3

OMG...

My heart. It just can't take all the awesomeness. :)

*crosses fingers* Do you they might *crosses fingers even harder* have motorized or any kind of vehicle/mechanized/etc groups for us to spawn with ALiVE or is the plan infantry groups only?

I really can't believe you guys are actually doing an OPFOR faction. Thanks a million. The photo looks sweet!

Yeah, there will be vehicles. What type depends on the faction.

• Like 2

We have a uniform mesh from Cunico. We just need someone to help us weight / rig it to the Arma 3 skeleton. Also, the CUP BAF uniform is not a straight port from Arma 2. They have had to remove the vest from the chest (as it was part of the uniform model) and then add in new sections to cover the gaps left behind by removing the vest. We'd need permission to use it, get access to the source models, and include it in our pack, otherwise we'd have to make our pack dependent on CUP.

• Like 1

What uniform ? The one that no-one can weight for us (!) :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What uniform ? The one that no-one can weight for us (!) :-)

Yeah, they can't weight to see it...

• Like 2

I did wonder :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I failed to get around to updating the Dev part of the website. Here are a couple of images. I'll make a point of getting more images of different WIP projects to the website sometime soon.

1F0270642C22CA2240A2E6706D650403BE7A57D245EF2D7E779765A2819038B9659E61E1B8A36D5FCA0192AE7CEDE3597EAD271E52619D812894553F

• Like 13

Thanks. We are getting there. We have a few tweaks (UI's mainly) and last minute decisions to make, and then some testing to do. The same goes for the weapons. We are just waiting on a few sounds from Laxemann for the heavier weaponry and then they should be done. Finally, the Units have to be updated to use all of this new good stuff.

• Like 2

Looking great evrik, one question though - is the MTP textured mirrored in all uniforms like the second to last photo you uploaded? The legs from the crotch down to the knee seem very obviously mirrored, same goes for the sleeves too. Apart from that amazing work as usual.  :)

Sadly that is one of the drawbacks of reskinning that particular BIS guerilla uniform. I believe it only has one leg that is then mirrored. It is originally some pants and a blue shirt. Not a lot I can do about it for that one unfortunately. Still, that uniform is mostly just for units chilling at base or for running training sessions on the range (hence the Hi-Vis vest). It shouldn't really get a lot of use.  

I'll take another look at it though to see if I can make it look a little less obvious.

• Like 2

Sadly that is one of the drawbacks of reskinning that particular BIS guerilla uniform. I believe it only has one leg that is then mirrored. It is originally some pants and a blue shirt. Not a lot I can do about it for that one unfortunately. Still, that uniform is mostly just for units chilling at base or for running training sessions on the range (hence the Hi-Vis vest). It shouldn't really get a lot of use.  

I'll take another look at it though to see if I can make it look a little less obvious.

Ah yea, I forgot some of the uniforms are mirrored. Like you say probably wont get used too much, either way the colouring and pattern looks great.

Yeah, it's a shame. Mirroring aside, I was really pleased with how it came out. I really like the colouring and pattern as well. Still, I hope the 'officers' in the BAF clans will like it for their briefings. :D

• Like 1

Hey Evrik, is your DDPM camo an in house 3CB thing? If not I would love it if you could point me in the right direction to getting it for my own mod.

All the best,

Mullan

Yes, there are more berets in the pack, along with more helmets and other headgear.

As for the DDPM pattern, it is a pattern we created in-house from a smaller swatch of the camouflage. It essentially just a matter of getting the scale correct and seamlessly repeating across the uniform. It is the same for the MTP, older woodland DPM and CS95 DPM patterns we are going to release.

C9AE82E27B013FBE48F64ACDC6EAF32E5141E2DC77F5BE753895AB28F51B573255ED657144ACDA1AC25ABC4B5D2DC139532640ADABAF3B587B2FB4D3E63E0A12BB6441D8683380E6DB724DABA57AFDF5

• Like 10

Will there be new L85 Sounds, I found it sounds very Loud, I know everyone will have a different opinion on what it should sound like im just wondering if they will change or stay the same.

Also is that the new model you were talking about in the pictures above that you couldn't get weighed to the A3 model?

The new uniform model isn't in the images, because it is not yet weighted and is therefore not possible to get 'into game'. Therefore I can't take any pictures of it. Work is underway to weight it, however it won't be included in the next release (because we are on an asset freeze as we actually want to get the update released!)

As for the weapons (although this isn't the correct thread), they will have completely new main sounds, environmental sounds, and distance sounds. The original release of the pack was done before Bohemia added the new sound engine. The update will bring the weapons (old and new) up to date. 

• Like 2

Awesome to hear about the sounds (Sorry about the wrong thread)

So the uniform that we see above with the old style assault boots that will be included?

Yes, that is meant to be an additional older style Smock / Pants combo with chest rig, rather than a replacement uniform. It also allows us to make a better recreation of the white snow suit the BAF wear over their uniform.

6cc90760894418749c47fcc79706e505.jpgRoyal_Marines_During_Winter_Training_in_

The uniform that is being weighted will replace the retextured AAF uniform. Once we have that, we can rescale all of our Osprey MK4 vests to fit it more closely (they will be less bulky as we'll have access to all of the uniform weights and therefore we can make the vests move more accurately with the uniform). We will also be able to fit the kneepads, add the belt, put a better thigh holster onto the uniform so that it all fits more seamlessly together. It also looks more like the real BAF MTP uniform in terms of pockets and velcro patches. It also has proper combat gloves! :D

• Like 3

...Still, I hope the 'officers' in the BAF clans will like it for their briefings. :D

Tucked jacket AND rolled sleeves? LOVE IT.

...Once we have that, we can rescale all of our Osprey MK4 vests to fit it more closely (they will be less bulky as we'll have access to all of the uniform weights and therefore we can make the vests move more accurately with the uniform). We will also be able to fit the kneepads, add the belt, put a better thigh holster onto the uniform so that it all fits more seamlessly together.

Do you plan for more pouch layouts (ammo left, medical right, admin/radio front, utility rear) or more proper looking pouches? And are holsters on the Osprey feasible with the new show-pistol-in-holster thingy?

I totally love the new screenies and it's good to hear what's coming up. I eagerly await release. You guys are doing phenominal jobs!