Is it possible to script slinging the helmet to backpack?  It's for inclusion in a loadout script when a player loads in.  It'd be nice to have an individual's helmet pre-slung to backpack.

Looking forward to the next update  :)

Is it possible to script slinging the helmet to backpack?  It's for inclusion in a loadout script when a player loads in.  It'd be nice to have an individual's helmet pre-slung to backpack.

Looking forward to the next update  :)

ACE does tht

ACE does tht

Slinging your helmet to backpack is a 3CB function which we add into the ace menu's.

As to whether it can be scripted by mission designer, I suspect it can be, although it would need to fire after our load-out script kicks in and might be non-trivial.

We're currently reviewing the load-out script process, module and variables to see if we can take on board feedback from the community since release, so perhaps best to watch this space for the update in due course.

Is there any way at all I can set it so no matter what my player loads with any kind of NVG's on? I've set it so the player spawns with NVG's in the editor and also made sure I was using overnight Navy units but every time after that 7 second delay, I load with "default" EOD gear which includes no night vision and can't see what I'm doing when I spawn in the dark.

I just need to be able to see enough to walk over to my loadout spawners which I place at my respawn points.

Currently, if you have NVG's selected in the map module, the default 3CB NVGs will be added to the player's inventory.  Otherwise there are no NVGs.  

It's only basic functionality, added primarily to allow our mission designers to quickly remove NVGs for TvTs.

As Apollo has mentioned, it appears people are interested in alternative ways of using the module, so we'll look at this in a future release.

In the meantime, perhaps a chem light on your "loadout spawners" ?

• Like 1

Since arma is a combat simulator and the osprey is issued to anyone going on deployment the only reason to add ECBA in would be if you were trying to make pre-osprey units, which to my knowledge 3cb arent doing (afaik)

As for Smocks they did say in another thread that they had plans for cold weather units so that may already be in the works! (They also hinted at webbing for those same units)

And I agree the bayonet would be cool but since Arma has no hit or stab option it would be cosmetic at best! (Would still be nice though)

Sorry for long time to reply mate. The reason I brought up ECBA was because if we had just smocks and a belt kit; it would offer no armoured protection which would be a shame. A cosmetic bayonet would be a nice touch lol.

For the smocks and winter kit, we are trying to get some decent chest rigs sourced / modeled. They don't tend to wear full body armour when wearing the smock jacket or arctic white coveralls.

Actually you wear your body armour under your smock.

Its so you dont have to f**k about with body armour and all when your taking it on and off

As for chest rigs the existing pilots vest is actually quite close to what an issued chest rig looks like

Nice to see how things are going on, I have only just had a look at your 3cbmod website and I saw the February news post liking the DPM and all the other things that are in progress any more pics to show if possible??

Again this is amazing. 

The website will be periodically updated. We may do a WIP for April. Getting the updated weapon pack rolled out is the current priority and most of that is config / model adjustment to remove the errors produced in our testing. Not a lot of great images to be had from fixing those! ;)

The website will be periodically updated. We may do a WIP for April. Getting the updated weapon pack rolled out is the current priority and most of that is config / model adjustment to remove the errors produced in our testing. Not a lot of great images to be had from fixing those! ;)

I avidly await with bantered breath!

My units wont spawn with helmets, vests or backpack. Does somebody have an solution for this? :)

@Bezz  it sounds as though our loadout script is not being called currently.  This usually happens if another mod is incompatible with the CBA event system, and corrupts it.

I suggest checking your mod list and making sure they are all compatible with CBA

@lifetap I have now tested everything. Even when i only have BAF Units, -Weapons, -Vehicles, -Equipment and CBA (from Armaholic, not Steam workshop). And still, no vests, helmets or backpacks :P Any solution for that? :)

Even tried out to start via Arma 3 Launcher and via modline... :(

@lifetap I have now tested everything. Even when i only have BAF Units, -Weapons, -Vehicles, -Equipment, CBA (from Armaholic, not Steam workshop) and ASDG JR. And still, no vests, helmets or backpacks :P Any solution for that? :)

Is your CBA up to date? What happens if you remove ASDG JR?

ASDG JR has been part of CBA since v2.0, so you can remove it.

bezz, when you say "spawn" are you talking about what you see in the Eden Editor?

In the Editor, the units do not appear to have helmets, vests, backpacks...

...but they do appear when you 'Play Scenario' and get in game for real.

• Like 1

i would not click that link if i were anyone here.  seems dubious eh? reported.

Thanks eggbeast. I did the same and it appears to have done the trick. Cheers moderators!

Sadly I think mightyflames98 is correct. We achieved similar results when we attempted to replace our reskinned AAF uniform with the Blufor one. Our texture artist spent weeks trying to remove the kneepads in each texture layer. While we managed to severely reduce their presence, you could still make out the outline in certain light settings, the section of the uniform around the knee still looked and moved like it had a kneepad, and there were issues with shadows caused by the removal process. There wasn't a lot more we could do as the kneepad is actually on the model itself and obviously they are protected by BIS. It is a real shame as our proposed replacement looked a lot better on the whole. We would still love to replace our current one with something better. We do  have a lovely uniform model from Cunico (of RHS work), but we lack anyone in the team that can weight / rig it to the Arma 3 skeleton. If anyone in the community would be interested in helping us with this, we'd appreciate the assistance.

Fucking awesome work ! Can you make your backpack in other camo ? (OD for example) :)

The equipment pack is currently being updated. It will include additional camos (DPM, DDPM, CS95 DPM).

• Like 2