Op Granby, don't do it........ It won't stop at blue berets and helmet covers, arm badges

Next it will be white vehicles plastered with big UN signs

Then it will be well what about Op Resolute, paint them all green again, new IFOR badges

Then what about the FV430 series, Scimitar, CRV(T), snatch landrovers or horrible Saxon

Don't do it!

Op Granby, don't do it........ It won't stop at blue berets and helmet covers, arm badges

Next it will be white vehicles plastered with big UN signs

Then it will be well what about Op Resolute, paint them all green again, new IFOR badges

Then what about the FV430 series, Scimitar, CRV(T), snatch landrovers or horrible Saxon

Don't do it!

Are you saying you don't want any updates or new features because then the 3CB team will be too tempted to keep giving us cool features and the coolness will get out of control?

Really good news about the Opfor, thanks guys

Gives a road map for when Leights or Aggressors finally stop working, and knowing your teams attention to detail, will remove a lot of current errors generated

Now this post understand. Totally agree. I can't wait for the new factions. :)

Please don't get too carried away, guys. Like I said, BAF packs are the priority and I am dependent on RHS pushing their next release so that certain things can be re-textured.

Are you saying you don't want any updates or new features because then the 3CB team will be too tempted to keep giving us cool features and the coolness will get out of control?

Actually as much as I would like all that stuff, I'd prefer they keep to what they are doing, stuff from the last few years to now.

That way we have lots of quality stuff that I hope will be kept current.

Too much workload risks the quality going down and it becoming too much of a hassle for something that's 1/ done in there free time, 2/ doesn't bring in a wage and 3/ reduces their own time in-game - not enjoying the stuff they created while we all do.

I just wish BI hadn't gone in the direction they have with the future stuff.

As for the Opfor totally understand, it's just nice to know someone's thinking about it.

It would be better if another team brought out a good (minimal dependacy error free) insurgency and civ faction to leave your teams to focus on what your already doing so well.

Reference Apollos response to toyokoindia about the UN stuff (Which would be very cool to see)

Bosnian Era UN

kC4YXOb.jpg

UN Patch 

D0JuIpR.jpg

UN Cap Badge

hgo8gwm.jpg

UN Helmet Cover + Battalion Flash

3oB3kuh.jpg

Close-up of (Irish) Capbadge (Also extremely scary photo....)

XdB5Eo4.jpg

Sorry I didn't intend to cause any issues! Just throwing an idea around more than a request!

I'm away at work at the moment but when I get back to my home pc I will see if I have any high quality pictures to add in addition to what the limbo has posted. :)

@tokyoindia, it's no problem, thanks for your suggestion

@limbo365, many thanks for the images!

sxp0qbp.jpg

disclaimer: WIP image and still no promises  :P

• Like 3

Disclaimer: there is a reason why we don't usually allow Apollo to take the release / PR images on his potato-powered PC. :D

• Like 4

Disclaimer: there is a reason why we don't usually allow Apollo to take the release / PR images on his potato-powered PC. :D

Power to the potato!!

• Like 3

Sorry I can't remember where I read this so I apologize I'm bringing this back up.

A few weeks back I think someone mentioned gear randomization being turned off wasn't working for them and now I can't find the answer, though bare in mind I didn't look too hard.

So I noticed my gear automatically randomizes even without the 3CB module. And this also includes forced randomization even if I choose to use an Arsenal loadout in the editor. So I decided to add the 3CB module and force randomization off and it still randomizes. Is there a workaround for this or is it a bug that needs to be patched?

Quoting lifetap from the 3CB BAF Units thread, which hopefully answers the question:

Default Gear on Respawn:     Yes (No) - Select 'No' to allow other mods or scripts to set unit gear on respawn

This affects units on a respawn only, not the initial spawn.  It is to avoid conflicts with the death script within other mods eg. ALIVE, etc.

Randomise Equipment:         Yes (No) - Each unit will have a randomly selected uniform, helmet, vest, backpack and glasses appropriate to it's role

This removes gear randomization and uses the default item (the first in the list).  However it always applies this 7 seconds after the initial spawn.

The reason for this method of initialization is to allow the mod to be used with and without ACE.  We have a number of users would do not wish to use ACE, whilst others who wish to have ACE items in their loadouts.

Our mission makers have no issue with the 7 second delay.  They just apply their loadouts, when required, after this time period.

• Like 1

Quoting lifetap from the 3CB BAF Units thread, which hopefully answers the question: Default Gear on Respawn:     Yes (No) - Select 'No' to allow other mods or scripts to set unit gear on respawnThis affects units on a respawn only, not the initial spawn.  It is to avoid conflicts with the death script within other mods eg. ALIVE, etc. Randomise Equipment:         Yes (No) - Each unit will have a randomly selected uniform, helmet, vest, backpack and glasses appropriate to it's roleThis removes gear randomization and uses the default item (the first in the list).  However it always applies this 7 seconds after the initial spawn. The reason for this method of initialization is to allow the mod to be used with and without ACE.  We have a number of users would do not wish to use ACE, whilst others who wish to have ACE items in their loadouts.Our mission makers have no issue with the 7 second delay.  They just apply their loadouts, when required, after this time period.

Our other option is to apply 3CB gear to default NATO units (This works with a gear script or the arsenal)

Quoting lifetap from the 3CB BAF Units thread, which hopefully answers the question: Default Gear on Respawn:     Yes (No) - Select 'No' to allow other mods or scripts to set unit gear on respawnThis affects units on a respawn only, not the initial spawn.  It is to avoid conflicts with the death script within other mods eg. ALIVE, etc. Randomise Equipment:         Yes (No) - Each unit will have a randomly selected uniform, helmet, vest, backpack and glasses appropriate to it's roleThis removes gear randomization and uses the default item (the first in the list).  However it always applies this 7 seconds after the initial spawn. The reason for this method of initialization is to allow the mod to be used with and without ACE.  We have a number of users would do not wish to use ACE, whilst others who wish to have ACE items in their loadouts.Our mission makers have no issue with the 7 second delay.  They just apply their loadouts, when required, after this time period.

Oh ok. That's unfortunate but I get it. I really dislike ACE but I know how popular it is so it all makes sense.

I'm using a custom script for ALiVE that persists my location (so when I load my mission, I spawn where I saved) and that also teleports my AI teammates to my saved location. So technically, when I continue my mission, I'm always doing an initial spawn and obviously don't always have the Arsenal handy. So if I'm reading this right, I'll always get default gear when I continue my mission regardless of the settings. Bummer.

I appreciate the reply though.

Hey fellas,

I had a question regarding the static weapons, specifically the mortar.

When I place down a pre set-up mortar and play as that unit, I can use it, disassemble it, move it, etc.

But when I attempt to grab the pieces of a mortar from a vehicle or supply box...piece by piece, I see no option to assemble the mortar.  I tried putting the items on the ground, use the mousewheel, ACE interaction menu,etc

What is it that I'm missing? 

Thanks for the report we will look into it.

@autigergrad, place the tripod on the floor, put the mortar tube on your back, and look at the tripod.  You should now get the mouse wheel "assemble" option.

If this is not the case, can you please let us know

@autigergrad, place the tripod on the floor, put the mortar tube on your back, and look at the tripod.  You should now get the mouse wheel "assemble" option.

If this is not the case, can you please let us know

Thanks. I'll test when I get home from work and report back.

I know I shouldn't really be posting a request as you guys are already busy, but would it be possible to have the L86A2 LSW's magazine changed to a steel stanag like its non-LSW counterpart? Got to get that oldschool feel!

@khaosmatical: Appreciate what you are saying, but things like that are pretty far off priority at the moment. It is possible, but it would mean having another L86 LSW in the pack with a different mag as it is part of the model. The focus on the weapon pack is incorporating some new models that have been generously donated to us, adding sound tails and shot set sounds / sound shaders to all weapons so that weapon sounds change depending on their surroundings (inside a house for example) and over distance, and of course correcting some outstanding bugs (flash suppressor causing ear ringing with ACE3).

@khaosmatical, I've added your request to the backlog, but as Evrik says, its unlikely to make it into the next release.

This is an absolutely outstanding addon, especially when combined with your units and weapons. It's nice to have some half decent Royal Marines in A3 now. I only wish that you awesome addon developers could give a mirror or two for the downloads. I used to rely on Armaholic but what they are asking per month is a no go for me.

Great work! :)

This is an absolutely outstanding addon, especially when combined with your units and weapons. It's nice to have some half decent Royal Marines in A3 now.

Only half decent?? ;-)... (I'll get my coat)..

• Like 1