Great to see this DPM, are these vests ported from arma 2 btw? The look nice !

Looking good, excited for the L119. I still have that improved GPMG config that decreases the recoil with the bipod if you wanted it?

In regards to the existing Mk4 Osprey, is there a chance of darkening the MTP textures to somewhat match the combat uniform. Not a pressing issue, but has been a big eye catch for a while for me.

It's most notable towards the chest region.

36502888f19b994b860967c68c254dad.jpg

The reason why it is like that is because it tends to be like that in RL. The vest webbing / mtp texture appears different to the uniform:

OspreyMK4vest.jpg

The reason why it is like that is because it tends to be like that in RL. The vest webbing / mtp texture appears different to the uniform:

OspreyMK4vest.jpg

On the contrary, it seems the MkIVa overall camouflage is the same MTP as the uniform, with the MOLLE PALS webbing being a darker colour than the rest.

From what I've seen, along with some pictures I've found, the pattern on the carrier and on the uniforms are without any real differences, whereas in game, the carrier is considerably- and noticeably brighter than the rest of the kit.

7836546424_1af331c6f9_b.jpg

20111216_rsignals_cpl-birkett_001.jpg

As such.

Just my 2 cents; the effort put in by you and the team has been phenomenal and I appreciate the work you're doing!

Hmm, so it is the brightness that is the issue. My mistake. If that is the case, it must be the underlying texture files (.smdi, .as, .nohq) for the vest causing it as the same section of mtp pattern for the uniform was applied to all of the vests and other pieces of equipment. The MOLLE webbing strips and small pouches near the velcro section on the chest are purposely slightly different colours.

@Baconeo, yes please.  Can you PM them to me

PM'd this the other day, if any other members of 3cb need it PM'd let me know.

Hmm, so it is the brightness that is the issue. My mistake. If that is the case, it must be the underlying texture files (.smdi, .as, .nohq) for the vest causing it as the same section of mtp pattern for the uniform was applied to all of the vests and other pieces of equipment. The MOLLE webbing strips and small pouches near the velcro section on the chest are purposely slightly different colours.

Interesting. Looking at it more, it does seem the pattern is correct, just with the lighting issues the carrier is abnormally bright, causing the PALS webbing colour to match the uniform rather than its normal darker shade.

Hello all  :)

I understand you guys are already up to your neck with requests so I'll try my best to keep this short and sweet. However I was just wondering if adding more widely used equipment instead of just deployment gear. What I mean by this is adding webbing and ECBA instead of just UBACS and Osprey, the MTP PCS smock as well as other PCS clothing and also PRRs over berets and bush hats instead of underneath them.  If you ever consider adding ECBA, would it be possible to have the option of having ECBA jacket underneath the smock? (Pictures to follow).

-As seen here, ECBA is worn underneath a smock with webbing and also PRR is worn over a bush hat.

B09jSXyIgAA8_1e.jpg

-As seen in this picture below, smocks can be worn underneath the osprey system as well as webbing.

2RGR_Article_Image_002_600wide.jpg

-Ples add bayonet 4 th bants (also ECBA)

ArmyHQ-2015-077-Ex-Volcanic-Dragon-265-M

(This was niether short nor sweet, apologies.) Bye.  ;)

Hello all :)

I understand you guys are already up to your neck with requests so I'll try my best to keep this short and sweet. However I was just wondering if adding more widely used equipment instead of just deployment gear. What I mean by this is adding webbing and ECBA instead of just UBACS and Osprey, the MTP PCS smock as well as other PCS clothing and also PRRs over berets and bush hats instead of underneath them. If you ever consider adding ECBA, would it be possible to have the option of having ECBA jacket underneath the smock? (Pictures to follow).

-As seen here, ECBA is worn underneath a smock with webbing and also PRR is worn over a bush hat

-As seen in this picture below, smocks can be worn underneath the osprey system as well as webbing.

-Ples add bayonet 4 th bants (also ECBA)

(This was niether short nor sweet, apologies.) Bye. ;)

Since arma is a combat simulator and the osprey is issued to anyone going on deployment the only reason to add ECBA in would be if you were trying to make pre-osprey units, which to my knowledge 3cb arent doing (afaik)

As for Smocks they did say in another thread that they had plans for cold weather units so that may already be in the works! (They also hinted at webbing for those same units)

And I agree the bayonet would be cool but since Arma has no hit or stab option it would be cosmetic at best! (Would still be nice though)

We do have plans to add in smocks and webbing. However, as a small team, it is about priorities. Priority at the moment is to upgrade our weapon packs with new models / sounds / weapons / scopes - plus correcting a couple of bugs, then an update to our Equipment pack with the older camouflage patterns, vests, helmets, hopefully working holsters, beret requests etc... On top of that, we will be releasing the Commando mortar. Work on the Merlin is ongoing, and we have some fixes to push for the Apache that occurred after the most recent update to the game. After those, we want to get around to working on another ground vehicle (Land Rovers, Ridgeback etc...). Smocks and webbing will probably be scheduled for any future update to the Equipment pack. Parallel to the British packs, we are also working on some Opfor / Indep units based off of the RHS pack. This is primarily for our mission makers, however it will be released as well.

We do have plans to add in smocks and webbing. However, as a small team, it is about priorities. Priority at the moment is to upgrade our weapon packs with new models / sounds / weapons / scopes - plus correcting a couple of bugs, then an update to our Equipment pack with the older camouflage patterns, vests, helmets, hopefully working holsters, beret requests etc... On top of that, we will be releasing the Commando mortar. Work on the Merlin is ongoing, and we have some fixes to push for the Apache that occurred after the most recent update to the game. After those, we want to get around to working on another ground vehicle (Land Rovers, Ridgeback etc...). Smocks and webbing will probably be scheduled for any future update to the Equipment pack. Parallel to the British packs, we are also working on some Opfor / Indep units based off of the RHS pack. This is primarily for our mission makers, however it will be released as well.

As a mission maker, happy to hear about a nice Opfor back for my Brits to battle.

Evrik, I'm assuming that pack will include Middle East, African, and European Opfors? Will this pack also include Civs for each of those regions? That would be helpful in regards to Insurgency missions/ ALiVE insurgency missions.

Looking forward to all of the new updates!

As a mission maker, happy to hear about a nice Opfor back for my Brits to battle.

Evrik, I'm assuming that pack will include Middle East, African, and European Opfors? Will this pack also include Civs for each of those regions? That would be helpful in regards to Insurgency missions/ ALiVE insurgency missions.

Looking forward to all of the new updates!

Good questions. I can't wait for this.

Is RHS being a dependency a definite?

Regardless I'll be waiting with baited breath. This is quite the pleasant surprise and one more reason why the 3CB team is the best of the best.

Civs pretty please! :)

Oh Evrik, you've let the cat out of the bag. You'll never get it back in now!

@Heroes, yes, RHS will be a dependency, so as to avoid duplication of weapons and vehicles.

It looks like the possible RHS/Alive issue is now known to be just an Alive / BIS function problem, which they are working on fixing (if we're talking about server freezes), so having RHS in the mix going forward should be fine.

• Like 1

Oh Evrik, you've let the cat out of the bag. You'll never get it back in now!

@Heroes, yes, RHS will be a dependency, so as to avoid duplication of weapons and vehicles.

It looks like the possible RHS/Alive issue is now known to be just an Alive / BIS function problem, which they are working on fixing (if we're talking about server freezes), so having RHS in the mix going forward should be fine.

I believe there are also some config issues with certain RHS factions too (Maquez wrote a script, which is now broken thanks to updates, to help alleviate the issue, for instance).

That said I don't want to even pretend I know what using a unit pack as a dependency does to configs or if the problems will carry over or not. I'd imagine if you're configuring them yourself and just using their weapons that no problems would come of it but again, I have no clue how this works. LOL!

Looking forward to it nevertheless.

@Heroes, those problems shouldn't be an issue as we'll be creating our own Alive factions and as you say, just using the weapons.  :)

• Like 1

Sorry Apollo, I was citing the amount of work we currently have on going in the hope that people will understand why we don't leap on all of the requests. :D :D

@autigergrad: The plan is to include civilians. I've been working on Middle East factions (army and militia), Eastern European (breakaway 'countries' and militia) and African (again, army and militia). Currently the Opfor of each are Russian-backed with gear and weaponry (vests, AK-74s), whereas the Indep versions of the same faction use AKM's and just have chest rigs etc... I am really waiting for RHS to release their update so that I can reskin the backpacks as the Russian ones don't currently allow for hidden textures.

@HeroesandvillainsOS: Yes RHS will be a dependency for all of the reasons Apollo mentioned and more. As I stated earlier, the Opfor pack is primarily for 3CB - and we already use RHS - but it will also be released so that others can use it. It is second in priority to the BAF work though. That is our primary focus. I am just working on it when I have time.

If I update the Dev website this month, I'll see if I can include some images.

• Like 2

Sorry Apollo, I was citing the amount of work we currently have on going in the hope that people will understand why we don't leap on all of the requests. :D :D

@autigergrad: The plan is to include civilians. I've been working on Middle East factions (army and militia), Eastern European (breakaway 'countries' and militia) and African (again, army and militia). Currently the Opfor of each are Russian-backed with gear and weaponry (vests, AK-74s), whereas the Indep versions of the same faction use AKM's and just have chest rigs etc... I am really waiting for RHS to release their update so that I can reskin the backpacks as the Russian ones don't currently allow for hidden textures.

@HeroesandvillainsOS: Yes RHS will be a dependency for all of the reasons Apollo mentioned and more. As I stated earlier, the Opfor pack is primarily for 3CB - and we already use RHS - but it will also be released so that others can use it. It is second in priority to the BAF work though. That is our primary focus. I am just working on it when I have time.

I'll be first in line to download the new factions when it's done. Your guys work is the very best and I appreciate you making the pack public when it's done. Thanks for the reply.

The plan sounds great guys and I'm looking for to seeing more about it on the development blog. I had a thought the other day whilst re-watching "peacekeepers" that when you guys do the DPM gear a nice little addition would be some UN blue covers for the mk6 and a UN beret. It would allow re-creation of a lot of the 90's Brit deployments. Any way just a thought. Much love for the team and I want to reiterate what an amazing job you are doing.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good idea toyokoindia.

Would you mind posting some real life photo's with close-ups of any insignia or cap badges if you can get them so we have something to work from please?

No promises, but good research by others saves us time and makes it more likely to happen. :-)

Really good news about the Opfor, thanks guys

Gives a road map for when Leights or Aggressors finally stop working, and knowing your teams attention to detail, will remove a lot of current errors generated

• Like 1