hello there im part of a milsim unit much like your own 3 commando.. in particular im part of the flight element and we were curious if it were possible to apply different textures to it that would only slightly change how it looked just being able to add these insignias to the right arm freeing the left arm for the squad URLXlwXv5W.pnglatest?cb=20141229171458

hello there im part of a milsim unit much like your own 3 commando.. in particular im part of the flight element and we were curious if it were possible to apply different textures to it that would only slightly change how it looked just being able to add these insignias to the right arm freeing the left arm for the squad URLXlwXv5W.pnglatest?cb=20141229171458

I think what he is asking for is the implementation of a place where insignia will appear on the pilot suit, I dony know how possible it is. Atm it only supports squad XMLs on the Left arm, maybe the insignia could go on the right arm?

Cheers

Dexter

The ability to select an insignia from the virtual arsenal will be restored in the next update. It was overlooked in the release. The issue we have with the vanilla BIS uniform arms is that they are mirrored textures and we cannot change that. That is why the Royal Marine Commando text is reversed on the opposite arm. In the future we hope to move to our own uniform - which will give us greater control over the entire equipment pack.

• Like 1

Not at the moment. We have a mesh thanks to Cunico, and we have our own textures, but the whole thing will need to be rigged and weighted for the arma 3 skeleton. It is a lot of work and not something we are focusing on at the moment. Perhaps when the Apache and Wildcats are finished, we will look at it further. If anyone out there has created a uniform model from scratch (not just a retexture) and successfully got it into game, we'd be interested in speaking to you as it is not something we have done. We could do with the help.

There is an image I found online, that gave a decent guide to a British infantry load-out. I can find the image and post a link. Also, I found a model on Turbosquid, perfect for you guys, I wouldn't mind donating if you guys decide to look at it further. I'll post a link to that also.

Infantry - 2014 - http://i.imgur.com/xB9qJFw.jpg

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/crye-combat-g3-pants-max/917844

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds-max-combat-apparel-headwear-multicam/834031

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/emerson-6094a-tactical-vest-3d-max/889727

Dont The use elcan sights and serpa holsters ?

The picture is safariland and trijicon sights

Dont The use elcan sights and serpa holsters ?

The picture is safariland and trijicon sights

New Glock holster is by Radar 1957. The one in the pic is the Serpa holster for the SIG Sauer.

But yeah, basically everything he's wearing in that photo is in the process of being replaced now, apart from the Tier 2 pelvic protector and possibly the trousers.

Even the UBACS has been updated since.

Thanks for the offer, Stonebridge, but the same issue would apply with those models. None of them are rigged and weighted to use to the arma 3 skeleton. We would still have to do that, and currently, we don't have anyone with the experience to do that. We have a really nice uniform model, and our texture artist has the work done, it is just that we currently lack someone with the skill to take the uniform mesh and get it into game.

Possibly, however our current focus is the Apache to use with the helmet. ;)

• Like 1

Hi guys great mod. 

Is there anyway to use the BackPack radios as acre_117 radios without just placing the radio inside the backpack ?

Basically is it possible to make the backpack think its an acre_117.

When did ACRE release 117's ? I thought it was only 148's ?

Great mod guys, finally got to use it quite a bit recently. I hope the uniform works out for you guys, I'm in the process to making new uniforms but not sure you guys would be able to use it due to this mod being for basic infantry and stuff. Either way love the mod, keep up the wonderful work, cheers :)

• Like 1

Thanks, Cunico, and thanks for all of your help with the new uniform. Hopefully there must be someone out there that can help us get it rigged and weighted to the arma 3 skeleton.

So it seems the Arma Nexus update has broken vests across many of the mods we use including the ones in the 3CB pack. They basically behave as if there is no vest at all - one shot, one kill. The vanilla vests work normally, taking multiple shots. Is there any timetable for an update to fix this? Thanks

We're investigating the issue.  No timescales for a fix yet.

• Like 1

We're well on the way to resolving the issues, and will hopefully be able to give a timescale for a hotfix, following testing later tonight.

• Like 3

I'm pleased to announce the release of 3CB BAF Equipment v1.1

This is mainly a hotfix for the damage changes to equipment following v1.54, but we've also squeezed in a few other small improvements

v1.1 (05/12/2015)
- Fixed insignia on uniform sleeves
- Fixed bullet penetration and armour values on headgear
- Fixed bullet penetration and armour values on vests
- Fixed accuracy and sight issues on the L16 Mortar
- Fixed inheritance issues with NVG
- Cleaned-up BAF faction names
- Improved vest base texture
- Added three berets (Royal Anglian, Royal Engineers and Mercian)

This is live on PWS

The Armaholics link will be updated shortly.
  • Like 2

Fixed insignia on uniform sleeves

Cant make this work.

In my dec.ext i got

class CfgUnitInsignia

{
class UK_3rdBattalionParachuteRegiment
{
displayName = "UK 3rd Battalion Parachute Regiment"; // Name displayed in Arsenal
author = "LooP"; // Author displayed in Arsenal
texture = "3PARA_Insignia\UK_3rdBattalionParachuteRegiment.paa"; // Image path
textureVehicle = ""; // Does nothing currently, reserved for future use
};
};

In my init on unit i got

[this,"UK_3rdBattalionParachuteRegiment"] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;

Dont shows eny thing, but if i change to vanila unit it works.

help plz :D