Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Animation - RTM file config

Hi there,

Have a splendid RTM animation - but have no idea how to get it in-game via the config.cpp. It's a cutscene animation and would be right at home with the briefing animations. Can anyone help me out with an example to show me how to get it there? :) Thanks ever so much, as always!

Jumping on this particular train as well. I have no own animations ready but I was always thrilled by the idea of trying to port cutscene animations from A2 if possible. :)

Hop on the animation-config train! :D Yes - porting A2 animations would be cool too!

Take a look in the ArmA 3 CfgAnimations, plenty of resources and examples there. (it can be found within the arma 3 editor, it looks like a cog)

@Ranwer - I did check there - the cfgAnimation entry wasn't very helpful.

---------- Post added at 07:03 ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 ----------

Also had a look at the cfgMovesBasic - but really don't understand how it all works! Ideally need an example config entry for a cutscene animation :)

Ok - managed to get the animation into the game via Smookie's very helpful thread on animations. However, the unit that the animation is being played on doesn't have any arms and appears to be moving far too slowly! :P

Here's a link to the rtm file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzoob3kbdykg4te/Resist_cutscene_2_Drakon_1.rtm?dl=0

And this is what I have in the config.cpp:

class CfgMovesBasic; 

class CfgMovesMaleSdr: CfgMovesBasic 
{
    skeletonName="OFP2_ManSkeleton"; 
    gestures="CfgGesturesMale"; 
    class States
    {
        class AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon;
        class Drakon_Briefing : AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon
        {
            looped = 0; 
            speed = -500; 
            file = "\Resist\Animations\Resist_cutscene_2_Drakon_1"; 
            canBlendStep = 0; 
            minPlayTime= 1; 
            InterpolateTo[] = 
                {
                    "AmovPercMstpSrasWrflDnon", 0  
                };
        }
    }
}

Can any brave soul out there help? :D

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:19 ----------

Huzzah! Got there! Just need to edit the speed!

class CfgMovesBasic;
class CfgMovesMaleSdr: CfgMovesBasic
{
skeletonName="OFP2_ManSkeleton";
gestures="CfgGesturesMale";
class States
{
class AovrPercMstpSnonWnonDf;
class Drakon_Briefing : AovrPercMstpSnonWnonDf
{
file = "\Resist\Animations\Resist_cutscene_2_Drakon_1";
looped=0;
speed=-50;
mask="BodyFull";
leftHandIKBeg=0;
leftHandIKCurve[]={};
leftHandIKEnd=0;
rightHandIKBeg=0;
rightHandIKCurve[]={};
rightHandIKEnd=0;
weaponIK=0;
enableOptics=0;
showWeaponAim=0;
disableWeapons=0;
disableWeaponsLong=0;
leaning="empty";
aimingBody="empty";
aiming="empty";
forceAim=1;
limitGunMovement=9.1000004;
headBobMode=0;
headBobStrength=0;
canPullTrigger=0;
enableDirectControl=0;
weaponLowered=0;
variantsPlayer[]={};
variantsAI[]={};
ConnectFrom[]=
{};
ConnectTo[]=
{};
}
}
}
[/Php]

Hope this is of help to others!

Glad you made it!

I've tried to port some of A2's cutscene animations - with great success so far! Since BI published the Arma data packages including configs it was a simple copypasta with minimum adjustments. I've only imported a handful but they seem to work perfectly fine. Sometimes a weapon is slightly misplaced or similar but still, a mission maker's wet dream. I loved A2's cutscenes and I'm wondering why no-one did a complete port of the anims yet.

Anyway, I've captured a few tests in the VR (Full HD might take a while for YT to process). A guy sitting down for briefing, a team getting up after a chopper crash, a fireteam kneeling down for a field briefing and a unit performing a breach and clear on a warehouse:

I took the animations and most of the configs from the official Arma 2 data package (ALDP_A2_PBOs_APL_part1.zip): https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_Licensed_Data_Pack#Arma_2

Edited by IndeedPete

@IndeedPete - WOW! They look awesome! :D What minor adjustments did you need to make? Never played A2, so those animations have made a massive first impression!

Changed the paths (obviously) and sometimes a reference to an empty geometry (.p3d). Also, some animations require additional actions. I'm currently in the process of porting all (to me) relevant cutsene animations from A2 (as the generic walk, shoot etc. anims are probably inferior compared to A3). I have 1500+ lines in my config now and didn't build just yet so I'm not sure whether everything will work. I'll try to upload a working build and the sources once I'm done. In my opinion, A2's cutscenes were more active than in A3 where it's mostly briefing scenes and hub walks. A2 had these lovely chopper crash get-ups (whereas in A3 there's only Kerry's get-up anim), field briefings, evasing grenades and gunfire, death scenes, a suicide anim, arrests, storming a building etc.

I hope I can get something done soon, stand by!

Wonderful stuff, mate! Standing by! :D