Sign in to follow this  
Tjockejocke

Arma footage used in journalism. Again.

You might remember when a UK documentary used Arma 2 footage and labeled it as "IRA 1988" a few years ago.

Well, history repeats itself - now with IS.

http://aranews.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/mis-isis-terrorists-v01-2_4-620x388.jpg (102 kB)

Link to news site

http://aranews.net/2015/07/isis-declares-jihad-against-kurdish-people-sends-military-reinforcements-to-northeast-syria/

Gee, I wonder why Bohemia goes out of their way to deliberately disassociate their games from real war footage... oh wait, then outside media just resort to mods. :rolleyes:

Real life needs better anti-aliasing. Look at those terribly jagged edges on that terrorist's AK!

When Life gives you no live footage, use stuff from the Internet instead.

I guess we all know how "well" informed media outlets are these days.

When Life gives you no live footage, use stuff from the Internet instead.

I guess we all know how "well" informed media outlets are these days.

*Use stuff from Games :D

I have contacted my lawyer and we are going to sue them. I want money for them falsly using screenshots taken from my website. I think I should be able to get a few million terrorist dollar from it.

Anyone up for some beers afterwards? Idiotic journalists are paying!

They should at least show a picture from an Arma 3 mod, it would be more up to date... :whistle:

That poo thing doesn't have millions probably so don't waste your moneys on lawyers for nothing.

Are you telling me I will stay poor? Fuck, I really thought this was my chance for all the millions I wanted all my life......

In that case, without me changing your name you will have to pay anyway for all the beers we need to get over this :)

Are you telling me I will stay poor? Fuck, I really thought this was my chance for all the millions I wanted all my life......

In that case, without me changing your name you will have to pay anyway for all the beers we need to get over this :)

Hey you never know, it may be funded by G&S for the cause of freedum! That is a good cause to get rich no? o7

I will pay one way or another, now nudge some of the sheriffs and lend me a hand, be a sport. ;)

Bottoms up!

just wait til they see our lifelike peshmerga units...

tyria_women_1_zpskfgho6hs.jpg

Why are they doing this and what is the purpose of posting computer game screens in articles related to real life events? Isn't internet full of islamic terrorists that can be used as reference in the article.

^ Well todays "journalism" is down to three basic things:

• See an article on competitors or some larger media site and copy it, shorten it a bit, and rephrase
  • using original image might not look convincing, so next thing is to google for some related images, and since Foxhound has done a good job on SEO, doing google search on the topic will top him on google search ;)
  • Now its left to format all that in their frontend CMS, upload the image and sign it as your own

</journalism>

since Foxhound has done a good job on SEO, doing google search on the topic will top him on google search ;)

Ahh, so its actually my fault (again)? Anyone wants to sue me?

I already put 12 beers (weiss beer) in the fridge, that should be enough for the first takers :D

I will also get six pack of La Trappe tripple for those coming in with the highest demands.

If there are no takers you wont see any news on saturday as than I am drunk as fuck...

But I did actually really contact them, I demand being credited on their crap "inform about anything in any way" site. :butbut:

Now that's a good tactical planing for a weekend! Respect. I wouldn't usually miss that kind of offer, but its fuken hot and I am on duty. :/

Looks like it's been changed. Damn :p did anyone screenshot it?

Looks like it's been changed. Damn :p did anyone screenshot it?

Google cache :)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:e297eRtDkckJ:aranews.net/2015/07/isis-declares-jihad-against-kurdish-people-sends-military-reinforcements-to-northeast-syria/+&cd=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl

I think they at least read their mail....cant wait to get home and see their reply. If millions await me its party time and there will also be no news on saturday!

Which mod is that btw. I don't remember hunter having that in core game, has that arcade csw thingy.

Lol reading trough that article I get sense you'll get in mud like Greece with defense budget. Get some faptors too, so you can fly :D

the mod was IS units by S@ndbob for A2OA. The vehicle was a humvee.