Nice to see you back in the DSS saddle. Best of luck. ;)

Cheers! :D

Also, since the RII System only works on custom items (because the models need adjusting in terms of holding it), I have decided to start creating the first item of the year with 3DS Max 2015. The model shown here is a canteen bottle, but pretty simple to make. Here is a photo on the canteen without the cover (cover is more difficult, so that may take some time):

n8l4sYO.jpg

EDIT: Did some work on the pouch (Took 3-4 hours if anyone asks), not sure if it is best with or without the two pouch clips for the top two buttons (currently have done the one without the clips at this time):

yezkEtU.jpg

• Like 2

Ladies and Gentlemen,

New development has been made to the RII System, and so far it is looking better by every second.  ;)

Since the item you are about to see has the label 'PEPSI', this will be changed as it is a prototype test model. So if you are new to DSS, don't despair as this year is going to be better than last year.  :)

*Updated first page of thread*

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:

Improved model and new textures for soda can. Here is a picture of the new four variants ;):

vCPc7UD.png

Before that, I made another video showing the improvements of the first person view when holding the item, as well as tweaks to the model and animation:

Additional notes: During the year (or possibly in the coming week), I managed to find some models that can be used for any purpose (as long as you credit them and mention the license). The latest photos of the canteen and soda can are created by myself, but again, in the coming weeks I will let you guys know of these upcoming 'freeware' models. You can view their FAQ and/or License, if you are unsure.  :)

EDIT: I'll just as well create my own models. Many models out there have a high number of vertexes and faces. So really there's no point using them anyway.

• Like 3

The next model to work on is a P.E.T. Bottle designed by Tzanislav. Again, I have linked the License and FAQ above if anyone wants to have a read. As with the model, it is marked as 'freeware' and 'All Extended Uses'. If anyone would like to know where I have found the model, you can find it Here.

The reason I am going to use these models, is to save development time. I have got too much on my plate at the moment, so I need to half the time it takes to recreate most items in Objects (Small). But as always, I will credit the author and provide links to the License and FAQ in respect of AMAR's policy of ArmA.

EDIT: No point in using other people's models anyway. Their poly is way too high (including number of vertexes and faces), so I'll just as well create my own models, meh.  :P

Any feedback on the mod is welcomed, by the way. :)

I really really like the whole food/water thing. But Im not fond of the zombie apocalypse thing.

Is it possible to use only that survival part of the mod, without the need of all the other required mods?

I really really like the whole food/water thing. But Im not fond of the zombie apocalypse thing.

Is it possible to use only that survival part of the mod, without the need of all the other required mods?

Yes, you can. Easy-to-use modules are found in the editor under the category 'DSS'. As for the required mods, you will only need CBA. The rest are just modifiers for a bolt-action rifle (custom animations for the gun are planned to reduce the number of required mods). :)

• Like 1

Awesome. This is exactly what my group was looking for. We do many more-day sessions where we 'survive' behind enemy lines for longer periods of time.

Thnx!

• Like 1

Ok first bug report:

*From Editor Preview

- Raw meat doesnt come up to 'cook' when in inventory

- When trying to pickup and move an object (a tent in this specific case) it gets attached to you and you cannot drop it anymore.

Ok first bug report:*From Editor Preview- Raw meat doesnt come up to 'cook' when in inventory- When trying to pickup and move an object (a tent in this specific case) it gets attached to you and you cannot drop it anymore.

Raw meat:

- To cook meat, you need to do the following:

1. Build a fireplace.

2. Place your raw meat into the fireplace's inventory.

3. Look at fireplace (have to be close to it as well), then scroll and click the action 'Cook Menu'.

4. Select your meat in the list, then press 'Cook'. :)

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll add it to my fix list for coming patch.

Object Attachment:

- Thanks for letting me know of the bug. I'll add it to my fix list for coming patch.

Hey guys,

I have updated the above two posts about using external model/s. There was really no point in using them anyway, as the vertex and face count is ridiculously too high (And it feels wrong to use them anyway, as they are not my creations). So in conclusion, no external models will be used, but instead, I'll continue to create my own.  :)

Again, any feedback about the mod or its development is welcomed and appreciated!  :D

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE:

As you know, I have decided to not bring over 3rd party content (as seen above). So from last night, I have done a rough (but nice) sketch on the water bottle with 3DS Max 2015:

vbRwXRI.jpg

The model may look a bit bland, but it will be fitted with _nohq and _smdi textures that will give it more depth and realism (as done with the soda cans above). After the water bottle is complete, I will then work on the food tins and resume my progress on the canteen bottle.  ;)

No point downloading this because it's not compatible with vanilla Arma 3...

No point bashing other people's work just because you don't like or don't have use for it.

There's plenty of mods or missions with loads of requirements, are you going to make useless comments on them too?

• Like 6

Couldn't agree more haleks. Seems to be a lot of bashing going around these days.

• Like 1

No point downloading this because it's not compatible with vanilla Arma 3...

Hello,  :)

I am sorry to hear that the mod is not up to your expectations. If you like, you may want to try out the vanilla mission for ArmA 3. you can find it Here (However, the mission is outdated and may be getting attention in the coming months). The file size for both the mod and requirements are below 200 mb, so it is not really big to download either.

Ranwer, I was just experimenting with the mod in a small Multiplayer test and I have an issue. I placed the init and survival modules on the map and started the game in Multiplayer. On the primary computer the health, thirst and hunger icons came up with their percentage values. On the other computer the icons came up but no percentage values.

Have you encountered this before? Is there something else I need to put in the mission?

Thanks.

Ranwer, I was just experimenting with the mod in a small Multiplayer test and I have an issue. I placed the init and survival modules on the map and started the game in Multiplayer. On the primary computer the health, thirst and hunger icons came up with their percentage values. On the other computer the icons came up but no percentage values.Have you encountered this before? Is there something else I need to put in the mission?Thanks.

Yeah I am well aware of the issue, but nobody had confirmed that it is affecting them until now (cheers for confirming :D ). After the development on the RII System, I plan to have the MP code and database of high-priority (extDB will be the new persistent database for DSS). So this issue will be resolved for good. :)

I believe the issue is caused by a client vs server issue. So I may had accidentally inputted the wrong condition, thus seeing no percentage as the client. But again, I will get right onto the important issue when RII System is finished. :)

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the fix.

With the RII system have you considered adding the MRE model into the mix, perhaps even making it a craftable/cooking item, ie. to prepare an mre you must have an mre and a bottle of water to prepare the meal. You could also do different menus if you wanted to.

One small issue I have noticed is that with DSS running, the icons for weapons and equipment selections in the arsenal are replaced with what appears to be \A. I have linked a screenshot

311115421203442475http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027835285/screenshot/311115421203442475. Have you seen this before?

Another issue I have noted is that your system appears not to be compatible with ACE. If I injure myself with a grenade, for example, the health percentage doesn't change. No big issue for me, but have you considered incorporating ACE compatibility to the mod as well? This is not a request as I know you have plenty to work on at the moment.

Thank you

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the fix.

With the RII system have you considered adding the MRE model into the mix, perhaps even making it a craftable/cooking item, ie. to prepare an mre you must have an mre and a bottle of water to prepare the meal. You could also do different menus if you wanted to.

One small issue I have noticed is that with DSS running, the icons for weapons and equipment selections in the arsenal are replaced with what appears to be \A. I have linked a screenshot

311115421203442475http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027835285/screenshot/311115421203442475. Have you seen this before?

Another issue I have noted is that your system appears not to be compatible with ACE. If I injure myself with a grenade, for example, the health percentage doesn't change. No big issue for me, but have you considered incorporating ACE compatibility to the mod as well? This is not a request as I know you have plenty to work on at the moment.

Thank you

Yes a model of the MRE will be added to the RII system as well :) . With regards to the survival and craft menu, they will be combined into one big menu, replacing the ArmA 3 inventory completely (button will also change from H to TAB). Features from the ArmA 3 inventory will be similar (I.e. drag and drop), but you will then be able to right-click items and use them (apart from the A3 inventory, where you use right-click to unequip). But overall, the menu is going to be great when it arrives with upcoming patch.

Thanks for letting me know of the \A bug, I wasn't sure if it was a CBA issue or a DSS issue. I'll get onto the problem, hopefully a fix in the upcoming patch. With the ACE mod, I do plan on making it compatible, but won't be appearing in the upcoming patch. However, the compatibility will arrive sometime after Tanoa's release. ;)

An additional note, zombie deaths have been dramatically improved, thanks to the PhysX engine. So zombies now use PhysX instead of standard animations (reworked attack animation as well, since the one in the mod is a bit ugly). Overall, the upcoming patch is going to be the biggest update for DSS, featuring many improvements, major overhauls, lots of bug fixes and a crazy s*** tonne of additions. ;)

• Like 2

No point bashing other people's work just because you don't like or don't have use for it.

There's plenty of mods or missions with loads of requirements, are you going to make useless comments on them too?

I think the point that chiburek was making was that Ranwer popped up on someone else's mod thread (quite an interesting persistent database mod) and said he didn't like it because it involved the use of ACE and should have just run on vanilla ArmA 3. I think it sufficiently irked chiburek, so he made the same comment on here. None of this is helpful to anyone, Ranwer included. So let's just forget that any of this ever happened.

I'm quite impressed with DSS. It works quite nicely and I look forward to the improvements to multiplayer. I'm especially impressed with the additional models (a lot of work went into them) and the zombie behaviour. I'm very much looking forward to the campaign - that looks cracking.

Hey Ranwer! 

It's so good to have you back! :D

First of all, nice work on the IIR system, it looks great!

I've seen you are still working with modules and it made me question something.. Why don't you prefer to make a mission that doesn't use modules?

Modules are a fun way to go, but personnaly I'd prefer a premade MPMission that I can customize myself.

I know that you prefer to use modules because they're easy to use for the server-owners and players, anyway I'll see if I can work on it too and check if I can add some things if you want.

Do you think you could make a public Github so that we can help with the code? I think it would be very nice and easier for us.

By the way, would you like help somewhere? I am ready to help if you need it. :)

Stay awesome!

xBowBii

hi ranwer long time no speak!

have we managed to fix the zombies spawning on roads ;) think that issue was way way back but i thought id check :)

[EDIT]

ive downloaded latest version off PWS and loaded the scenario that was included. 

I think its broken somehow, theres no LOOT that i could find anywhere even in kavala.

as for the zombies they only spawn in towns and they are very static and dont try to run after me.

also the zombie sounds make me think the zombies are 10m away when they are 100m away for example.

hope this feedback helps mate. 

Edited by tyl3r99

Hi would you mind to host alternate download location other than Armaholic?

Maybe nexusmods for instance? or dropbox?

A lot of people trouble getting download from Armaholic, no offense.

Just downloaded DSS. I've had my eye on this for a while, so after playing Ravage for a few weeks I decided to give this a go. I haven't played any missions and only messed about with the items in the editor. Loving the animations, an excellent touch alongside the crafting system which is quite intuitive. Looking forward to see what happens with the future of this mod.

With what's planned in the future, I can't wait to play it. Ravage scratches a Stalker-ish, Sci-fi itch whilst this looks to scratch a general "survival" itch, especially if temperature is added, so it's great to have variety especially for single-player. Can't wait to see the next update!

A couple of questions if it's okay to ask;

Is there going to be an ambient AI spawner for AI humans? Any chance of an ambient animal spawner as well? 

Also, I know the loot spawner isn't in yet, or not working I can't remember, but will it support A2/OA buildings as well as the vanilla A3 buildings?

Honestly wish I could help you and Haleks out somehow, but I know jack-diddly-squat about scripting or coding. That said, I'm willing to test out stuff in the mod, in editor or the mission if you want anything looked at. Finding bugs or things like that, anything easy for a coding and scripting luddite like me.

• Like 1