rather than having individual loot lying around, i think it probably be a lot better if you asked the 2017 guys if you can use their idea on loot containers i.e. rubbish piles, boxes, suitcases etc

I like the idea as well. ;)

This might arrive probably at late ALPHA stage, where there will be more custom dialogs, loot and gamemodes. (But I cannot do exactly what the guys are doing back at 2017, so I'll have to try something new to get that effect)

Howdy guys. Where exactly in the zip will one find the documentation? Or is it published somewhere else? Thanks

Los

There should be some documentation on Armaholic (I'll update the release page here with Armaholic link). Otherwise, you could download it off the steam workshop.

New Update:

Steam Version (v 0.22)

Added: Animation - Drink Soda. (Erect) 
Added: Animation - Drink Soda. (Crouch) 
Added: Animation - Fill Water. (Crouch) 
Added: Weapon - Craft Bow. (No textures or code implemented yet. That will come later in next patch) 
Tweaked: Code - Fill Water. 
Tweaked: Module - Ambient Spawner. (Veh and Zeds no longer spawn on roads, but around the town such as meadows) 
Tweaked: Humanity - Time of Thirst/Hunger. (No longer dying quickly ;D ) 
Tweaked: Mission - Fueled up vehicles. (Removed because they were from old mission) 
Tweaked: Mission - Acceleration Time. (Reduced from 50x to 40x)
  • Like 1

Updated mod v0.22 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Ranwer135 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

DSS: The Mod v0.22

required_addons.png

Community Base addons A3

ASDG Joint Rails

Weapon Eventhandler Framework

HLC-Core

iniDB [ ALPHA] - A simple server-side database extension using INI files

Trixie's Rifle Pack

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

i used to be the lead tester for 2017, they are a lovely bunch im sure they will help you out if you end up helping them ;) 

Can we expect the SP game save function to be rolled out in these initial phases or is this something planned in the later stages instead?

Yes, Persistent SP save will be introduced, hopefully in next update.

New video on a WIP animation I am working on: (Including plans for melee animations) ;)

• Like 2

Hi Ranwer,  so just a week after DSS Early Alpha Release and already over 1500 subscribers on Steam Workshop...Congrats mate, you done a good job :clap:

:icon_idea: Feature request/suggestion - Continuing with the DSS tagline "This is your World...Your Story Begins....."

Before the mission starts, a splash screen with an options menu for players to tailor their DSS Mission experience.

Example-

Spawn Point -  North, South, East, West or Random

Time of Day - Dawn, Dusk, Midnight or Random

Time Acceleration - x10, x20, x30 etc. or OFF

Loot/Zombie Spawn -  High, Medium, Low 

Humanity Hud - toggleable On or OFF

Dynamic Weather - On or Off

There are probably a few more parameters that could be added, but this could be a start.

Rydygier's Pilgrimage mission has a similar options menu before mission start which made each playthrough more diverse.

Regards.  :)  

Hi Ranwer,  so just a week after DSS Early Alpha Release and already over 1500 subscribers on Steam Workshop...Congrats mate, you done a good job :clap:

:icon_idea: Feature request/suggestion - Continuing with the DSS tagline "This is your World...Your Story Begins....."

Before the mission starts, a splash screen with an options menu for players to tailor their DSS Mission experience.

Example-

Spawn Point -  North, South, East, West or Random

Time of Day - Dawn, Dusk, Midnight or Random

Time Acceleration - x10, x20, x30 etc. or OFF

Loot/Zombie Spawn -  High, Medium, Low 

Humanity Hud - toggleable On or OFF

Dynamic Weather - On or Off

There are probably a few more parameters that could be added, but this could be a start.

Rydygier's Pilgrimage mission has a similar options menu before mission start which made each playthrough more diverse.

Regards.  :)  

Nice! I love the ideas!  ;)

I would definitely have features like the area of spawning, however it may ruin the experience as huge towns and cities base around in the West (That may change when Tanoa releases). I will consider including the start time in the upcoming patch, including Time Acceleration and Dynamic Weather. 'Ambient Spawner' Module has been fitted with 2 new options now, these are:

Player Detection Radius: Input Box, type NUMBER. (Default is 300. Begins spawning of Zeds and Vehicles when player enters the given radius)

Vehicle Spawn Chance: Selection of Choices: Scarce, Rare, Common. (Default is Scarce. Determines the amount of vehicles to spawn in the town, with the factor of the town's size)

Zombie spawn chance option will be introduced as well, but I'll have to look at factors such as how much more it needs to spawn as well as the size of the town. 'Humanity' module will also have a new option as well, allowing you to turn off HUD and have simply DayZ SA-Style status messages. (e.g. "I am feeling thirsty.")

Little off-topic, here is a unique tool/program I have been developing while working on DSS:  :D

1jraqg.png

It basically automatically loads the .rpt files in your current windows profile (currently loads Arma 3, Arma 2 and DayZ SA), without the burning patience of going through all the directories. If the program/tool is still active while you re-launch Arma for some reason, you can click Refresh List to reload the .rpt files. (Shows a time stamp of when it has been refreshed)

Other features include copying and saving the .rpt for your convenience.  ;) (I might include a button where you can delete the .rpt or open your own, but in this case I will leave it as is)

• Like 3

Nice! I love the ideas!  ;)

I would definitely have features like the area of spawning, however it may ruin the experience as huge towns and cities base around in the West (That may change when Tanoa releases). I will consider including the start time in the upcoming patch, including Time Acceleration and Dynamic Weather. 'Ambient Spawner' Module has been fitted with 2 new options now, these are:

Player Detection Radius: Input Box, type NUMBER. (Default is 300. Begins spawning of Zeds and Vehicles when player enters the given radius)

Vehicle Spawn Chance: Selection of Choices: Scarce, Rare, Common. (Default is Scarce. Determines the amount of vehicles to spawn in the town, with the factor of the town's size)

Zombie spawn chance option will be introduced as well, but I'll have to look at factors such as how much more it needs to spawn as well as the size of the town. 'Humanity' module will also have a new option as well, allowing you to turn off HUD and have simply DayZ SA-Style status messages. (e.g. "I am feeling thirsty.")

Little off-topic, here is a unique tool/program I have been developing while working on DSS:  :D

1jraqg.png

It basically automatically loads the .rpt files in your current windows profile (currently loads Arma 3, Arma 2 and DayZ SA), without the burning patience of going through all the directories. If the program/tool is still active while you re-launch Arma for some reason, you can click Refresh List to reload the .rpt files. (Shows a time stamp of when it has been refreshed)

Other features include copying and saving the .rpt for your convenience.  ;) (I might include a button where you can delete the .rpt or open your own, but in this case I will leave it as is)

That program looks awesome!

• Like 1

That program looks awesome!

Just been released today:  :P

You can download the tool/program Here.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Thread has gone a bit dead while a few other survival mods left this one in its shadows...Anyway, so here is a final look on the vault animation I have been working on. Three brand new animations have been finished (May be tweaked even before next update), take a look:  ;)

I cannot rattle off the rest of the tweaks, adds, and fixes yet. But I can say there's a lot of improvements  :P  (I can reveal, though, that new options have been added, plus a window that views what the required item looks like when crafting). I can confirm that the next update is on this Thursday.

• Like 3

Sick!

Those animations deserve a stand-alone addon!

Thread has gone a bit dead while a few other survival mods left this one in its shadows...

Don't say that, the demand for mods such as ours is probably higher than you think - and one single mod certainly can't satisfy everyone!
  • Like 3

Sick!

Those animations deserve a stand-alone addon!

Don't say that, the demand for mods such as ours is probably higher than you think - and one single mod certainly can't satisfy everyone!

I suppose you are right.  :)

Ugh, I sometimes get this kinda mood when I usually work on something dead straight for more than 24 hours. Unlike EXILE or BP, I do feel that the current survival mods such as Ravage, DSS and 2017 (as well as many other new ones I might have missed), could/will be the start of a new era where there would be more mods of the type to choose from. Hell, I even had a thought where these survival mods could band up into one, major community group, helping modders and/or improving Arma 3 together with new scripts, etc.

My comment wasn't directed at all to the new mods like I have mentioned, I just wondered why people still play these big-ticket mods, even though there are sometimes so many issues within them they do not bother to fix. (Probably the most common thing that everyone would know: "Clean code is good code")

• Like 2

has the new version been published yet ???, so far I so no zombie on ther ground

Sick!Those animations deserve a stand-alone addon!Don't say that, the demand for mods such as ours is probably higher than you think - and one single mod certainly can't satisfy everyone!

Yep. I have enough room in my heart for all of these survival mods.

Last night I played 3 separate ones and would have made DSS number 4 had it received its update.

Guess I know what I'm doing Thursday night. :)

I suppose you are right. :)

Ugh, I sometimes get this kinda mood when I usually work on something dead straight for more than 24 hours. Unlike EXILE or BP, I do feel that the current survival mods such as Ravage, DSS and 2017 (as well as many other new ones I might have missed), could/will be the start of a new era where there would be more mods of the type to choose from. Hell, I even had a thought where these survival mods could band up into one, major community group, helping modders and/or improving Arma 3 together with new scripts, etc.

My comment wasn't directed at all to the new mods like I have mentioned, I just wondered why people still play these big-ticket mods, even though there are sometimes so many issues within them they do not bother to fix. (Probably the most common thing that everyone would know: "Clean code is good code")

The best part about what you, Haleks, IndeedPete, Surfer and some others are doing is that you're focusing on SP play. I'd jump on BP or Exile in a second but I honestly feel no desire to hop online and get grieved by people.

It's a great time to be a survival oriented ARMA SP type person. The more the merrier. Though you guys merging isn't a bad idea either.

• Like 2

The new vault animations are looking great and will definitely make getting out of a tight spot a lot easier....can't wait to try these out.  :icon_eek:

And please don't get too disheartened, you just put out an Alpha mod that has........huge capacity for growth!

........bespoke crafting and inventory menu!

........custom animations! 

........custom made vehicle repair and camping scripts!

........and even videos! 

The list goes on and on, you've done a phenomenal job so far.  Keep the faith Mate.  :)

• Like 1

has the latest version of the mod been uploaded yet???

Not yet, I am currently finishing off 2 models, code for the vault animations and internalization.

• Like 1

The two models have been finished, here is a quick peak before texturizing: ;) (Primarily for crafting the 'Craft Bow')

Reel of String: (Will be edited to have some kind of handle, to avoid making it look like some kind of 'yoyo')

2eyjdso.jpg

Carpenter Kit:

fu9iyh.jpg

All that's left is some internationalization and code for vaulting over fences, prior to the next update.

• Like 3

UPDATE:

Download (v 0.23 - Steam Version)

Changelog:

Added: Ambient Spawner (Option) - Zombie Spawn Amount.
Added: Ambient Spawner (Option) - Vehicle Spawn Amount.
Added: Ambient Spawner (Option) - Custom Spawn Radius. (Spawns zeds and vehs when player enters given radius)
Added: Animation - Vault. (With Rifle)
Added: Animation - Vault. (With Pistol)
Added: Animation - Vault. (Unarmed)
Added: Craft Menu - Required Item preview window.
Added: Craft Menu (Item) - Crafted Bow.
Added: Item - Carpenter Kit.
Added: Item - String.
Added: Mission - SP Save.
Added: Mission Param - Start Time.
Added: Mission Param - Time Acceleration.
Added: Mission Param - Start with Map.
Added: Module - Zed Spawner.
Added: Survival Menu - Drink from water source button.
Added: Weapon - Craft Bow.
Added: Zed Spawner (Option) - Spawn Zombies.
Added: Zed Spawner (Option) - Spawn Shadow Zombies.
Added: Zed Spawner (Option) - Spawn Military Zombies.
Added: Zed Spawner (Option) - Spawn Amount.
Added: Zed Spawner (Option) - Spawn Time.
Added: Zed Spawner (Option) - Agro Zombies.
Fixed: Function - Fill Water.
Fixed: Survival Menu - Category 'Food' does not load on startup.
Fixed: Zombie - Attack Animation.
Tweaked: Ambient Spawner - Zombie placement behaviour.
Tweaked: Animation (SDR) - AmovPercMsprSlowWrflDf.
Tweaked: Animation (SDR) - AmovPercMsprSlowWrflDfl.
Tweaked: Animation (SDR) - AmovPercMsprSlowWrflDfr.
Tweaked: Craft Menu - Universalized 'ui_SelectSlot'.
Tweaked: Craft Menu - Universalized 'ui_craft'.
Tweaked: Craft Menu - Result item count beside display name.
Tweaked: Craft Menu - Required item count beside display name.
Tweaked: Craft Menu - Adjusted width for better item visibility.
Tweaked: Humanity - Hunger and Thirst slowed down to realistic effect.
Tweaked: Internationalization - 50,000 lines of new translations.
Tweaked: Survival Menu - Item count beside display name.
Tweaked: Weapon - Axe. (Resized to better scale)
Tweaked: Weapon - Craft Bow. (Resized to better scale)
Tweaked: Weapon - Craft Bow. (Textures)
  • Like 3

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

DSS: The Mod v0.23

required_addons.png

Community Base addons A3

ASDG Joint Rails

Weapon Eventhandler Framework

HLC-Core

iniDB [ ALPHA] - A simple server-side database extension using INI files

Trixie's Rifle Pack

** The DSS Mission Files and the DSS mod files are all available in one archive!

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

UPDATE:

Download (Dropbox): Mission Files (v 0.23)

Changelog:

Added: Mission Param - Start Time.

Added: Mission Param - Time Acceleration.

Added: Mission Param - Start with Map.

Added: Mission Server - SP Save.

Fixed: Mission Server - SP Save was not working properly.

@Side Notes

- These are the latest mission files updated for DSS. Take note that the steam version (Only the mission files) is currently outdated, due to some vital fixes in this one as a hotfix. (Steam version will be updated shortly)

EDIT: Steam version has been updated, Foxhound. :)

• Like 2