Yeah, it seems to be a confirmed problem now. (I am speaking with other members on the forums about the issue, hopefully it will be fixed :) )

Hope it gets fixed soon. The splash screen on mission exit looks good and making me wish i could be playing now. :o

It seems to be loading exactly as it should with splash screens, loading the assets in the lower left on the UI, which is showing also, and a big DSS with loading bar and "Launching DSS" flashing. Background is black this whole time and stays that way. DSS disappears then reappears with the music coming up yet the black screen with DSS in the middle does not disappear a second time. Can hear noises in the background like the character talking and bring up the gear menu to see I heard him messing with the flashlight. The whole time nothing but DSS on a black screen 

Hi Ranwer, experiencing the same issues as Stormforge when trying to play the DSS mission.....sent you a PM of my rpt file.

However, the DSS modules are fantastic.....hands down the best implementation of Zombies in A3 thus far, animations are familiar, classic and timeless.....you really gotta fill them full of lead!!

Ambient Music module is the little cherry on top.  :D

A little feedback.....

Currently, for me anyway, when using the Ambient Spawner, sometimes the zombies spawn in a line or group and are static until the player is within an approximate 25/30m radius before they react to player..is this normal.. :huh:..maybe this can be tweaked to spawn them with random roaming behavior. ;)

Overall, for an Alpha release, a very generous Survival Sandbox modification.

The apocalyptic survival future is bright.....or should i say overcast with a slight chance of rain.  :P

Just a heads up......@DSS requirements.....the latest version of CBA 2.0 now includes ASDG Joint Rails as standard.  ;)

Any way to get this to work?

Singleplayer:

Having the same issue as described before, DSS Logo is not disappearing but you can hear footsteps etc.

Multiplayer:

Seems not to load any of the modules - no loading loot , etc. , 

Tried Steam Version and Armaholic Version. Same problem.

OT: I had once a script that should black out and black in the screen - it worked with a rate of 75% - script was correct but sometimes it didnt black in...

Hi Ranwer, experiencing the same issues as Stormforge when trying to play the DSS mission.....sent you a PM of my rpt file.

However, the DSS modules are fantastic.....hands down the best implementation of Zombies in A3 thus far, animations are familiar, classic and timeless.....you really gotta fill them full of lead!!

Ambient Music module is the little cherry on top.  :D

A little feedback.....

Currently, for me anyway, when using the Ambient Spawner, sometimes the zombies spawn in a line or group and are static until the player is within an approximate 25/30m radius before they react to player..is this normal.. :huh:..maybe this can be tweaked to spawn them with random roaming behavior. ;)

Overall, for an Alpha release, a very generous Survival Sandbox modification.

The apocalyptic survival future is bright.....or should i say overcast with a slight chance of rain.  :P

Just a heads up......@DSS requirements.....the latest version of CBA 2.0 now includes ASDG Joint Rails as standard.  ;)

Any way to get this to work?

Singleplayer:

Having the same issue as described before, DSS Logo is not disappearing but you can hear footsteps etc.

Multiplayer:

Seems not to load any of the modules - no loading loot , etc. , 

Tried Steam Version and Armaholic Version. Same problem.

OT: I had once a script that should black out and black in the screen - it worked with a rate of 75% - script was correct but sometimes it didnt black in...

With regards to the forever black screen, this sometimes occur in the SP mission, as well as fully in the MP mission.

The cause of this problem is a 'FADE IN' bug with one of the commands (as well as not forcing the DSS logo to 'PLAIN' with cutRsc). I'll run through a thorough check, once I am available, of the following directory to fix:

"dss_missions\scenarios\dss_mission.Altis\Addons\DSS\pre-init.sqf"

Thank you guys for your feedback, and I will get back to you, with the solution, as soon as possible.

With regards to the Ambient Spawner, zombies and vehicles spawn on the road at this time (using the command, nearRoads). However, I'll get through a workaround that will spawn zeds and vehicles around the town, rather than on roads. :)

Also, thanks for letting me know about ADSG's inclusion for CBA. (I will update the steam/forum releases pages with that info) ;)

G'day Ranwer. Just downloaded the mod and gave it a run, but I am unable to figure out how to activate the survival menu to eat or drink. I haven't found a readme in the mod folder. Can you please tell me how to access the menu?

G'day Ranwer. Just downloaded the mod and gave it a run, but I am unable to figure out how to activate the survival menu to eat or drink. I haven't found a readme in the mod folder. Can you please tell me how to access the menu?

Ok, to access the Survival Menu, press 'H'. (Remember to add the DSS init module if you are testing it in editor)

To drink, eat, etc., equip an item such as baked beans into your normal inventory, and you should see it in the Survival Menu as well. (I will write up a readme or some video tutorial on how to use DSS. Others are free to do so as well ;) )

New update arriving hopefully today. It includes a hotfix to both SP and MP side of the DSS mission, as well as three other add-ins/improvements.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info Ranwer. Will give it a go when I knock off work.

Steam Version has been updated, but was not able to upload dropbox version for the forums. <_< (Privacy connection error. Will try and get it done though)

Also, Foxhound, can you please link the mission to my Armaholic account? That would be appreciated!  :) (ASDG is also now part of CBA, so it no longer needs that requirement)

• Like 1

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

DSS: The Mod v0.21

required_addons.png

Community Base addons A3

Weapon Eventhandler Framework

HLC-Core

iniDB [ ALPHA] - A simple server-side database extension using INI files

Trixie's Rifle Pack

Also, Foxhound, can you please link the mission to my Armaholic account? That would be appreciated!  :) (ASDG is also now part of CBA, so it no longer needs that requirement)

If you can confirm me your account on Armaholic I will, I am just not sure the Ranwer we have is you.

And I know about CBA, but if authors list requirements I simply follow their list cause I have not really the idea I know better than an author himself what their work depends on ;)

I have removed ASDG from the requirements now.

I just registered here to congratulate you on the initial release!

A couple of days ago I started a thread on Reddit asking if anyone could suggest a good post-apocolyptic mod and BAM! DSS gets released! I can't wait to dive in so thank you.

Sorry if this is a stupid question - so I apologize in advance - but I'm wondering for SP if I need to do anything like dragging and dropping mission files or whatever to get the full offline SP experience? The initial post is a little confusing about what to do (and what to expect) for the single player mission (or missions?).

I have both DSS Workshop mods plus all of the other requirements (aside from the online-only ini-DB mod) and wasn't sure if I just load up the game and launch the mod or if it required any additional action on my end?

Also, does this mod have a saving option?

Anyway, congrats! I'm excited to give this a go later.

Booted this up and gave it a go...lots of issues.

Some issues I saw :

Loot spawning above ground, sometimes unable to access

Mashed the keyboard until I found out the 'H' key was the one I needed to eat/drink.

Zombies and cars predictably spawn on roads (and fall from the sky as they do)

Many zombies spawned frozen in place.

Found a Fully loaded and fueled Pawnee at the main airport (lol wut).

I'm guessing you intended this to be a framework that other mission designers build upon and flesh out, as the mod by itself cannot hold someone's attention for longer than 30 minutes.

I just registered here to congratulate you on the initial release!

A couple of days ago I started a thread on Reddit asking if anyone could suggest a good post-apocolyptic mod and BAM! DSS gets released! I can't wait to dive in so thank you.

Sorry if this is a stupid question - so I apologize in advance - but I'm wondering for SP if I need to do anything like dragging and dropping mission files or whatever to get the full offline SP experience? The initial post is a little confusing about what to do (and what to expect) for the single player mission (or missions?).

I have both DSS Workshop mods plus all of the other requirements (aside from the online-only ini-DB mod) and wasn't sure if I just load up the game and launch the mod or if it required any additional action on my end?

Also, does this mod have a saving option?

Anyway, congrats! I'm excited to give this a go later.

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

It looks like you have all the requirements to just press play.....you will find DSS in the scenarios tab in the main menu.

The ini-DBI mod is only a requirement for MP.

I believe the save option for SP is currently disabled, i think Ranwer is aware of this and should be fixed soon.

You could always try the good old ARMA cheat for quick-save....press and hold left shift, then press the number pad minus(-) let go and type SAVEGAME, although i'm not 100% sure this still works. 

Hope some of this helps you out.  ;)

Booted this up and gave it a go...lots of issues.

Some issues I saw :

Loot spawning above ground, sometimes unable to access

Mashed the keyboard until I found out the 'H' key was the one I needed to eat/drink.

Zombies and cars predictably spawn on roads (and fall from the sky as they do)

Many zombies spawned frozen in place.

Found a Fully loaded and fueled Pawnee at the main airport (lol wut).

I'm guessing you intended this to be a framework that other mission designers build upon and flesh out, as the mod by itself cannot hold someone's attention for longer than 30 minutes.

It's worth remembering DSS is in an early Alpha state...more content and features will follow.

It's also worth remembering that DSS is literally a one man show.

DSS players will need to be patient while Ranwer gathers feedback for future updates.

G'day!

First of all, congrats on the initial release. I just signed up here to leave some feedback of my own....

At first I was not able to give it a go, as I got the bug with the DSS Logo not fading out as documented by others. But that's fixed now, so that's great!

Hopefully there will be some user documentation on key bindings,crafting, etc in the map/briefing screen at some point..

Loot: Most other survival mods or games are far too easy when it comes to loot. You get fully decked out after just a few minutes of play when you know the spawn locations. I'm happy to see that loot seems to be a lot more scarce in DSS. However, I ran through a pretty sizeable town earlier and found absolutely nothing. Then just outside of town, there was a bunch of items in a couple small shacks. Bit strange.

Undead: I'm assuming they will be improved upon, so I won't be too harsh. But the only undead I ever saw all spawned in a group/line on the road. They didn't seem very interested in me until I got right up to them and started swinging my axe.

Time Compression: It would seem the mod is running something like a 30x time compression... This is probably what will make me not play this mod in all honesty. Hunger and thirst goes down so fast, you end up sprinting from house to house just in order to stay alive. You have no time to really make a camp, or take a break, unless you already have a backpack full of food and water. Personally I would like to see it at 4x tops.

Look forward to seeing how and where the development of DSS goes. :)

Hey guys, :D

Since quoting many posts could be a bit, wee long. I'll get right into the Q & A. (This will be made a copy on the release pages)

Q. I cannot find the new modules, where are they?

A. If you press F7, then double-click anywhere on the map, you should see in the categories a section called 'DSS'.

Q. How do I open the Survival Menu?

A. If you press the key 'H', it should open. (If it doesn't, make sure the DSS module 'Init' is placed on the map)

Q. Zombies are not attacking me, why is that?

A. Zombies are fitted with the knowsAbout command, as well as distance. They will not attack you if they do not sense you, or at a specific range. However, they can be a little tweaked so they have a better awareness.

Q. Cars spawn in the air and sometimes explode?

A. This is a small bug, and I am aware of it. I first attempted by spawning it on the road, but w/o fuel, it does not move whatsoever. However, this will be taken as a priority to fix and hopefully be in the next patch.

Q. Zeds and vehicles spawn on roads, any fixes to this?

A. Yes, I can say that there will be a fix. However, I will have to look into important factors to this fix such as getting the location radius for spawning, as well as an avoidance of spawning in water.

Q. Loot spawns in the air?

A. This is a known bug in ArmA 3, as the object weaponPlaceHolder does not support PhysX. I will try and look for a fix, such as having a temporal PhysX object to replace it with, but currently it is an Arma bug.

Q. Fueled up heli at airports?

A. They have been accidently put there from the old mission. They will be removed in next patch. (During its alpha, rotors and other aerial items will be made to expand the repair system. But for now you can only find land vehicles)

Q. Time acceleration is too fast?

A. This will be tweaked (like you said) to a slower rate such as 4x. The main reason for the time acceleration is to experience night things, such as Shadow Zombies. But during its alpha, a new Dialog will be created for the tent so you can sleep. (Mainly it puts you on a voting menu to request to sleep. If no one is voting, you can broadcast a msg to all players that you want to sleep)

I am really working hard on this development, guys. This is, after all, a one man project. But when the time is right, I will get requesting members to help with the project.

Best Regards,

Rawner235

• Like 2

Q. How do I open the Survival Menu?

A. If you press the key 'H', it should open. (If it doesn't, make sure the DSS module 'Init' is placed on the map)

A visual representation.....

A visual representation.....

ranwer can we put videos like these on the main post ;) for future reference??? may help a lot of people 

• Like 1

right ok had a little go at this mod.. 

placed the INIT, spawner, music modules on stratis.

placed myself as a normal soldier

pressed preview

the music plays fine
cannot find any loot or items
cannot find any zombies or shadow zombies 
craft and survival menu works fine

am i doing something wrong here guys??? do i have to sync modules to the init? or player?

please dont tell me i have to place all the food and that manually? or is it only compatable on altis?

also can i suggest a cool feature request? 

another module that adds a filter to make everything dull and hazy? similar to the video above? 

right ok had a little go at this mod.. 

placed the INIT, spawner, music modules on stratis.

placed myself as a normal soldier

pressed preview

the music plays fine

cannot find any loot or items

cannot find any zombies or shadow zombies 

craft and survival menu works fine

am i doing something wrong here guys??? do i have to sync modules to the init? or player?

please dont tell me i have to place all the food and that manually? or is it only compatable on altis?

also can i suggest a cool feature request? 

another module that adds a filter to make everything dull and hazy? similar to the video above? 

Hey tyl3r99,

Currently the Ambient Spawner module only spawns zombies, vehicles and vehicle damage.

There is a Survival Cache in the editor with all the Custom DSS Items.....look under EMPTY>AMMO>Survival Cache. ;)  

Hey tyl3r99,

Currently the Ambient Spawner module only spawns zombies, vehicles and vehicle damage.

There is a Survival Cache in the editor with all the Custom DSS Items.....look under EMPTY>AMMO>Survival Cache. ;)  

ah ok, is there plans to make a loot spawner module?? if so it would be a good idea to select rarity of loot types for example

food/water - low,med,high

weapons - low med high 

items - low med high 

etc etc :)

hmm i couldnt find any zombies at all when i placed my module :( do they only come out at night?

[EDIT] ah they do spawn on altis but on the roads.

also noticed that they do not wonder around just stay completely still.

ah ok, is there plans to make a loot spawner module?? if so it would be a good idea to select rarity of loot types for example

food/water - low,med,high

weapons - low med high 

items - low med high 

etc etc :)

hmm i couldnt find any zombies at all when i placed my module :( do they only come out at night?

[EDIT] ah they do spawn on altis but on the roads.

also noticed that they do not wonder around just stay completely still.

Yes there are plans, however, it may not be universal as the current loot spawner (by Na_Palm) detects specific buildings. If I manage to make one universal, it will only spawn loot within towns.

I will try and have a "rare", "scarce" and "common" selection, but it maybe tricky, since the DayZ SA team have only done the 'long but working' way by inserting loot locations for each building. (But again, I will do my best.)

Zed spawning at towns are being fixed at the moment, as well as the exploding vehicles (converting road positions to random positions). However, here is a short list of what has been fixed/added during 14 hours of the last update: (not patched yet, still getting the others fixed)

Added: Animation - Fill Water.

Added: Animation - Soda Erect.

Added: Animation - Soda Crouch.

Fixed: Bug - Falls of ladder if using item.

Fixed: Bug - Skips animation if proned.

Tweaked: Function - Fill Water. (Improved SFX and new code)

It may not look much, but animations and modeling take longer to do than scripting (Vaulting animation is also being worked on for future implementation, as well as cinematic melees). Things left to do before releasing next patch:

Tweak: Module - Zed and Vehicle spawning.

Tweak: Weapon - Crossbow to Crafted Bow. (No animations will be worked on at the moment, only vanilla reload currently)

• Like 1

rather than having individual loot lying around, i think it probably be a lot better if you asked the 2017 guys if you can use their idea on loot containers i.e. rubbish piles, boxes, suitcases etc 

Howdy guys. Where exactly in the zip will one find the documentation? Or is it published somewhere else? Thanks

Los