Ranwer my man. Where have you been? I remember seeing your older WIP videos on youtube which you referred to me wayyyyyy back in a forum. Love the progress. SP compatibility is gonna make it a Wasteland like mod but with Zombies and other things. Legendary Brah'.. Cannot wait. Seriously. Release it as it is already, lol.

Btw, can you share the estimate size your masterpiece is gonna have? :P

Haha, its been ages since I got back to this mod. (I lost some of the content I made including a xenomorph due to my hard drive suffering from the click of death.

But yeah, its back riding its way to a release. ;)

With regards to size of the download, its less than 100 MB so far. (Only requirements are HLC core and Dawn of The Dead skins) :)

Speaking of the night zombie, I had a little thought of these well-known sounds. :p (if you guys like, you may suggest some other sounds you would think this special zombie would suite with ;) )

Here is one idea:

UPDATE:

- Custom animation added for drinking. (Ha! Beat that BP :P )

- Fill function fixed for refueling.

I gave up on motion builder due to the sample files not being sampled enough. So I went back to our favourite program...Blender. Since I also have some skill in the animation area, making an animation and getting it into arma was a piece of cake. ;)

So far, I created a drink animation in under 4 hours and a weapon inspect animation in under 1 hour. (I feel so confident with modding, I might as well make a xenomorph... :rofl: ) *Going crazy at 4:17 am*

I'll post a video sometime this week on the new animations.

UPDATE:

- Custom animation added for drinking. (Ha! Beat that BP :P )

- Fill function fixed for refueling.

I gave up on motion builder due to the sample files not being sampled enough. So I went back to our favourite program...Blender. Since I also have some skill in the animation area, making an animation and getting it into arma was a piece of cake. ;)

So far, I created a drink animation in under 4 hours and a weapon inspect animation in under 1 hour. (I feel so confident with modding, I might as well make a xenomorph... :rofl: ) *Going crazy at 4:17 am*

I'll post a video sometime this week on the new animations.

Such build-up to the finale man. lol under 100 MB? O.O

OMG fo real ? How did you manage the zombie animations man?

those animations will make all the difference. love em. add more more MOREEEEeee.. bigger meanier zombies. :P

UPDATE:

NEW VIDEO!!!

And finally, a sneak peak shot on what I'm working on: ;)

17bzih.png

Cheers! ;)

Rawner135

Thats a ****** Alien for heaven's sake!! O.O

Haha, yep! However, he will be tweaked a little so these are the features he won't have:

- Tail

- Spines on back

- Jaw will be tweaked to more of a Canine Jaw.

More like a crossover with the alien:

http://wallpoper.com/images/00/37/15/50/aliens-xenomorph_00371550.png (1047 kB)

And The Gorn:

http://godhatesgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Star-Trek-Game-Gorn-Brute.jpg (154 kB)

This creature, however, will be rare to come across. But as soon as the sun goes down and a sound plays, try not to get killed in a town. ;)

It can be kill-able, but you will need about 2 mags into the thing. (Headshots are suggested in order to survive!)

Edited by Ranwer

Hey Ranwer.....new animations are very cool, do you think the "check weapon" animation could be used for other loot items...would be really cool to have some custom made loot items with clues/messages written on them that could be checked in first person....you know something that could tie into a quest/mission system

Hopefully that scary beast your working on can be tamed with some beef jerky:scared:...i think i'd like to keep him as a pet!!

Hey Ranwer.....new animations are very cool, do you think the "check weapon" animation could be used for other loot items...would be really cool to have some custom made loot items with clues/messages written on them that could be checked in first person....you know something that could tie into a quest/mission system

Hopefully that scary beast your working on can be tamed with some beef jerky:scared:...i think i'd like to keep him as a pet!!

Speaking of taming, there's new plans to make a gamemode similar to Dying Light, where your the night zombie hunting players. (with the power of blender, there will be definitely some functions where you can push the hunter away from you if hes in CQC) The aim of it is to survive all night from the hunter until sunrise. (fast time is also enabled) If a number of tickets are lost on the survivor side, the hunter wins. If the survivors stay alive until sunrise, the survivors win.

But most indefinitely that there will be some lurking around in rare quests. ;)

In terms of making the model, it may take a while. There is also a couple of probs with some of the zeds so you may just expect them to be in the Early Access Alpha for now.

- Oh and please make the "Detected by zombie" condition realistic. As in, there is a zombie mod (dont wanna name it coz he has also put up hard work :) ) so i am trying to sneak closer to the zeds and they appear to have developed a mutation to see through walls and the entire stealth effort goes down the drain. :P

Zombies are silly. Only obvious "running around" and other loud noises and visuals should make them active, not walking or strafing IMHO. :)

Ranwer you are trying to achieve the "till-now" impossible feat man. And nearly there. I rarely get so excited but this IS IT. Please dont mind my hysteric posts. ;)

- Another great thing would be occasional red zones on map showing the nearing Zombie apocalypse. That would be a huge herd of zeds about to enter that area. Like battle royale's Red Zone, one would be wise to leave that area asap. Or just stay put without moving a muscle. Brings a rushing piss just at the thought of it. lmao

- Sorry to make it too long and demanding, but if not with the first release, then in the following updates, just introduce different zombie walking/moving/attacking animations? slow and fast zombies etc. I will happily try to find legal and free to use zombie skins on the net for you man. :)

There is this guy at the armaholic forum who had also started it. I dont know where he is or the progress now. You might wanna check there are 3 in it. http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=27881

You must take over a dinosaur mod after this. I am sure you WILL do justice to it.

Edited by TheLegendaryKhan

Tbh, the "Alien" even if it's modified is a bit over the top. It does not fit into the "Zombie"-Theme..... you should change it into something better fitting. Some kind of mutants or something similar.

For instance it could be a more rottened zed, compared to the normal ones. With the ability to climb wall and or crawl on the ceiling.... do know...

OR skip the Zombie-Setting completely over board and move to a complete alien-invasion theme..... for examples workers and wardens/queens (the modified alien) above.

(Imho a way better approach.....)

Fighting aliens with the dinner-bell because of the lack of ressources/better weapons/etc...

You prove a point.. :confused:

However, I don't want users to feel scared that an invisible mutant like in stalker is watching them, players need to feel fear and awareness thus kicking in tactics. I understand that the Alien can obviously decimate anyone, but this is to be changed dramatically in DSS.

The creature will have human-like appearance, he will be creepy as hell when he walks around with sounds. I realized a post back of what I said on hit points for the creature, instead it will be as weak as a zombie.

In addition, there will be animations created for a "push away" function, boosting the player's survival. Again, the creature is rare to find and only appears at night.

On a side note, in the future, dead night zeds can be gutted in a craftable item. (And beneficial as well)

In terms of zed pathfinding as well, distance is currently a detection at the moment. However, this will change as I have realized BI have already made a function in a mission back in ArmA 2: OA "Operation Jackal".

Edited by Ranwer

UPDATE:

Added: Random Weather script by MeatBall
Added: Ambient music (like DayZ Mod but different tracks and not that loud)
Added: Fill function for refueling
ADDED: Animation - Eating
ADDED: Animation - Bandaging
ADDED: Animation - Axe pose (just the static animation of an axe)
Added: Function to prevent any known glitch for the DSS menu.
Added: Module - Random Weather script by MeatBall
Added: Module - Ambient Music
Added: Script - Tent pitch and unpack (updated and now more efficient)
Added: Script - Fireplace pitch and unpack (same as tent)
Added: Mission - Player Spawn (explained below)

INTRODUCED: Internationalization using Stringtable, supporting "English", "German" and "Russian".

Overhauled: Animation - Drinking
Overhauled: Dialog - Functionality
Overhauled: Dialog - Code (Lot easier for users to add their own items into the menus)

Tweaked: Mission - Load screen (Now similar to DayZ mod's loading screen, with progress bar)
Tweaked: UI - Size of status icons are now a bit smaller.

Animations looked a bit unrealistic, so all animations were tweaked and replaced by the BVH rig. (current was the ATL rig)

In WIP:

Add: First melee weapon - Axe
Add: Dedicated Function (explained below)
Add: Loot spawn (almost completed, just fixing up simple bugs to get into a module)
Tweak: Zombie pathfinding (instead of distance as a factor, eyesight will be used)

@Player Spawns

This is probably one of the best features that saves a lot of "Arrrghss.." and "WTF" moments. It is also one of the first features to be implemented for random spawning in DSS.

Once the mod loads you into the game, it will pick a random position on the map for you to spawn in. If there are zombies or players nearby (we call them "campers"  :ph34r: ), it will find a new spawn point and will repeat the process until it is safe.

@Dedicated servers

It seems to be a very hard topic to talk about, since this involves going outside of the arma box and into programs like VB. This feature is still alive for the mod, but it takes time to sort out how Life and the other mods have done it. I will look at the public release of Altis life Tonic made, and will see if that sparks any plugs in my head.  ;)

Side Note:

Because the forums were not properly up, some of the posts were forgotten during the switch over. Sorry for the inconvenience.  :P

On a side note, in the future, dead night zeds can be gutted in a craftable item. (And beneficial as well)

Does it means that we can gutt zombies and "dress their guts" to be unoticed by the Zed just like many characters did on The Walking dead??? Or we can make a "Stomach bag" or "bowell ropes" from zeds gutts???

Anyways, this mod get us hyped and hyped after your posts, Rawner! Hope to playtest this beast soon =D

cheers!

UPDATE:

Added: Weapon - Axe
Added: Pose - Holding axe
Added: Animation - Swing Axe
Added: Stringtable - Dialogs

In WIP:

Add: Engine - Melee
Add: Function - Chop Trees
Add: Function - Gut animal

Not many updates this time, only because the model took a while to complete, not to mention its textures.  B)

As shown above, melee is now being introduced into DSS. Along side with melee, functionality with trees will be also added to gather wood. Another would be gutting animals (e.g. rabbit) linking up with the cooking dialog.

Here is a photo of the new melee weapon:  ;)

hrlqp2.jpg
des32q.jpg
97ms15.jpg

@Corporal_Lib

There are plans for extending the craft mechanism to the point of making your own backpack, yes. However, I am still planning what item will be crafted if you gut the night zed.  ;)  (Most likely it will be some sort of weapon, but not immunity against zombies  :P )

Upcoming WIPs in progress for this coming week!

- Work on Melee function

- Make some new replacement animations for the pistol (BI has only used 1 for all of them at the moment, except the revolver)

As listed above, yes I am working on some cool new animations for some reloads such as the pistol and a few rifles. Few standard weapons will spawn in the game, except a few of them have replacement skins and animations.

While on the topic, here is a little teaser on the beauty of animating. (not this one below, really. However, Hype is probably one of my best inspirations   :lol: )

Any thoughts on the tracks found here?:  :P

http://www.freesound.org/people/DJ%20Chronos/packs/

Also, getting back to iniDBi. It seems reliable, so I will need to take a look at it in order for players to continue their adventure.

Edited by Ranwer

Being a frequent visitor to freesound, i am more familiar to these particular sound packs than i care to admit....for me, the Suspense packs are really top notch.... :o

Being a frequent visitor to freesound, i am more familiar to these particular sound packs than i care to admit....for me, the Suspense packs are really top notch.... :o

Yeah they are pretty top notch.   ;)

However, there won't be any loud ambient tracks like in DayZ. The tracks will still have that fear sensation, but players are still able to hear everything. (In addition, there will be a settings dialog introduced within the Survival Menu to allow you to turn it off.  ^_^

Hey guys,

I have decided to add some more weapons, but made fresh from blender. (ha, fresh, yeah...  :P )

Here is a list of some of the few that I might possibly add: (I now know the schematics of adding weapons in arma, very easy  ;) )

- Colt 1911 .45 (with wooden-style texture on grip)

05325-mid.jpg

- Karabiner 98k

download

- MR41

07178-mid.jpg

- M4

03348-mid.jpg

There will be also a new item added to the craft menu, allowing you to turn scrap metal, a non-working gun, and some string, into a powerful crossbow!  ;) (still gotta work on the models though)

Plans are also made for custom vehicle models, but that can come later in the BETA.  :P

If you like guys, you may post your ideas on some cool new guns you want to see against zombies.  ^_^

If you like guys, you may post your ideas on some cool new guns you want to see against zombies.  ^_^

May i refer you to an idea Killzone Kid worked on a while back....all done through the power of scripting....perfect for DSS....

http://pastebin.com/Fanwi9bv

While were on the subject of Killzone Kid, here's another cool idea for DSS :D

May i refer you to an idea Killzone Kid worked on a while back....all done through the power of scripting....perfect for DSS....

http://pastebin.com/Fanwi9bv

Great suggestion, you just gave me a brainstorm for a possibility of making fire arrows!  ;)

Also, since the latest dev blog of Tanoa, it is best that DSS attempts to get most of the features done within the beta. This way, new concepts and ideas will be ready for planning/making once Tanoa releases!

While were on the subject of Killzone Kid, here's another cool idea for DSS  :D

Mmmm...that would belong to the fortifications area for crafting. But would suit well with the player restrain function.

If you are looking ideas and suggestions I think you are in the right place, I think about the weapons should be for most semiautomatic weapons not too particular as double-barreled shotguns, SVT 40, SKS, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, and the like.

If you have time you should look at this:

Establishment of safe areas in which to exchange goods and ammunition would give meaning to survival outside.

Wild animals in my opinion could be a threat obviously not the hare but a bear or a wolf pack could be an interesting addition.

I hope I've given you some interesting idea to think about. Thank you for what you do.

If you are looking ideas and suggestions I think you are in the right place, I think about the weapons should be for most semiautomatic weapons not too particular as double-barreled shotguns, SVT 40, SKS, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, and the like.
If you have time you should look at this:

Establishment of safe areas in which to exchange goods and ammunition would give meaning to survival outside.
Wild animals in my opinion could be a threat obviously not the hare but a bear or a wolf pack could be an interesting addition.
I hope I've given you some interesting idea to think about. Thank you for what you do.

Great find, will look at the video today.  :)

While on the same page, I worked on the MR41 all night (no sleep, haha) and it turned out pretty well.

Here is a photo of the new beast:  ;)

nv6pt0.png