Yep, this is SP compatible. :D

With regards to scenario making, all the hard work is already done for you.

Such example would be the zombies. Their configs contain the initialization for their pathfinding, so all it takes is by simply placing a zombie on the map. :)

In the current process of this WIP project. Dialogs, also, will be made user-friendly. The difference from the zombies is that the list of items that will be loaded into the dialog, will be part of the mission file. This way, you can add your own items (if you wish) into the dialog. (Instructions will be provided upon release)

And lastly, this mod welcomes those of the community to design their own add-ons/missions for this mod. Even if it means adding DSS as a requirement for a KOTH or Life server, its your world. ;)

Rawner135

will we be able to play without using any other thing apart modules for spawn and the units for some standard coop missions?

Yes, you would still be able to play it.

New Planned features:

- When night time, zombies will become more aggressive. (A new "monster" will be lurking..)

Just some ideas :

Why not making Zeds during day-time :

- less spawning count with slow speed (no sprinting), less sensing of humans but stronger (hitpoints) & hitting harder (damage)

and during night-time :

- higher spawning count with faster speed, higher sensing "skills" but on the other hand weaker (hitpoints) and doing not that much damage (as a single individuum).

And to have some balance ... item-spawning (especially high-lvl items) is increased during night times.... so daytime-only players have a little disadvantage.

Similar to "I am Legend"... only the strongest Zeds are trying to lurk around during day-time, all others are hiding from the sun (blinded by UV-radiance)

Anyways... i´m just thinking loud. ;) Whatever you are releasing.... i´m really excited and i cross the fingers that you are not going that selfish way that Breaking Point went (by e.g. not releasing server-files).

I am currently working on a survival mod. As of now I added full persistence of players, vehicles and objects via extDB2.Also I have got a really reworked version of the Lootspawnscript by Napalm (it's pretty much 90 % my code right now ) and a lot of custom Items ingame as magazines, that can be used by double clicking them in the inventory. This is also used in the medical system (there is a dialog for doing medical stuff to other players) which lets you bleed, feel pain, have broken legs and so on. In addition I have added a keybinding based actionmenu instead of a selfaction loop to save performance. There is a basebuilding template ready (you need to put down a claim marker) and also melee weapons. I am working on storage Items such as Tents and some kind of exchange traders you will only find by hints in cities or notes from AI's. The next step is to make Groups persistant and to add some missing crafting functions.

This scenario is based on a new world order style concept, that lets you take the role of a rebel (who can get a mercenary) or a guardian of the new government, that wants to vanish old artefacts of their actions (nuclear warfare) to prevent the rebels from publishing them.

there is another faction (Zombies) planned, because of the nuclear stuff :D

now to come to your work. I am really interested in the work you have done and my question would be, if you would like to work together and combine our work to a framework that is similar to DayZ (Hero = rebel, bandit = New bad government

I will really enjoy your mod as I did enjoy the mission :)

As you have said,I would also like to include it into my later mission scenarios as the Zombies are really enjoyable but yet too much work for me (I am a Noob in animations xD )

Ps: Don't worry I have got a fluid 75-85 FPS near Pygros with loot spawned, 50 vehicles and around 100 Basebuilding Items (in editor only around 10 fps more without any scripts enabled

PSS: My mod is based on resource war, but I have rewritten almost anything (and I have got permission to use these files) since they have been using ArmA 2 Net for persistence. Their dialogs and folder structure is pretty much all I am using "unmodified" yet most of them will be modified.

I hope I did not do anything wrong with this post and would really like to talk to you on teamspeak if that's possible, maybe we can get a really good mod set up together :)

Greetings,

Creep

Just some ideas :

Why not making Zeds during day-time :

- less spawning count with slow speed (no sprinting), less sensing of humans but stronger (hitpoints) & hitting harder (damage)

and during night-time :

- higher spawning count with faster speed, higher sensing "skills" but on the other hand weaker (hitpoints) and doing not that much damage (as a single individuum).

And to have some balance ... item-spawning (especially high-lvl items) is increased during night times.... so daytime-only players have a little disadvantage.

Similar to "I am Legend"... only the strongest Zeds are trying to lurk around during day-time, all others are hiding from the sun (blinded by UV-radiance)

Anyways... i´m just thinking loud. ;) Whatever you are releasing.... i´m really excited and i cross the fingers that you are not going that selfish way that Breaking Point went (by e.g. not releasing server-files).

Good suggestions! :D

Although, plans for the night-zed will include features like:

- Similar sounds to The Gorn from Star Trek.

- Mesh design something similar to the alien from "Alien".

- Glowing eyeballs.

- It can run faster than a human. (also will walk around creepy)

But will look into your suggestions and see if I can re-tune some of my zombies I have already got for the night-time mode. ;D

I am currently working on a survival mod. As of now I added full persistence of players, vehicles and objects via extDB2.Also I have got a really reworked version of the Lootspawnscript by Napalm (it's pretty much 90 % my code right now ) and a lot of custom Items ingame as magazines, that can be used by double clicking them in the inventory. This is also used in the medical system (there is a dialog for doing medical stuff to other players) which lets you bleed, feel pain, have broken legs and so on. In addition I have added a keybinding based actionmenu instead of a selfaction loop to save performance. There is a basebuilding template ready (you need to put down a claim marker) and also melee weapons. I am working on storage Items such as Tents and some kind of exchange traders you will only find by hints in cities or notes from AI's. The next step is to make Groups persistant and to add some missing crafting functions.

This scenario is based on a new world order style concept, that lets you take the role of a rebel (who can get a mercenary) or a guardian of the new government, that wants to vanish old artefacts of their actions (nuclear warfare) to prevent the rebels from publishing them.

there is another faction (Zombies) planned, because of the nuclear stuff :D

now to come to your work. I am really interested in the work you have done and my question would be, if you would like to work together and combine our work to a framework that is similar to DayZ (Hero = rebel, bandit = New bad government

I will really enjoy your mod as I did enjoy the mission :)

As you have said,I would also like to include it into my later mission scenarios as the Zombies are really enjoyable but yet too much work for me (I am a Noob in animations xD )

Ps: Don't worry I have got a fluid 75-85 FPS near Pygros with loot spawned, 50 vehicles and around 100 Basebuilding Items (in editor only around 10 fps more without any scripts enabled

PSS: My mod is based on resource war, but I have rewritten almost anything (and I have got permission to use these files) since they have been using ArmA 2 Net for persistence. Their dialogs and folder structure is pretty much all I am using "unmodified" yet most of them will be modified.

I hope I did not do anything wrong with this post and would really like to talk to you on teamspeak if that's possible, maybe we can get a really good mod set up together :)

Greetings,

Creep

Possibly, :confused:

However, I will hold that thought and progress with the project and see how it turns out in the mean time. :)

Kind Regards,

Rawner135

Hey,

Yes, I know you guys are sooo bored of zombie games. But I can assure you, the only difference between this and BreakingPoint, is that it will be for SP and MP. The other main feature that will separate this from any other MP mod/mission, is that it will have a campaign story on how it all began.

I love zombie games - i miss a projekt that combine epoch with wasteland and the forest (crafting)

For few days, i saw a Streamer on Twitch (i forgot his name ;( ) he makes with a friend a nice crafting system - for few minutes i was speakless it was so great - you has a table and can craft some items or building parts, you can craft a pickaxes for iron/stone and much more.

I know ArmA is a tactial shooter but since i saw arma 3 life or similar mod - i know the power of arma.

I wish me a mod like epoch, wasteland, breakingpoint in one mod.

So i cant script anything - at the moment i play and look on some script - so ill learn the logical of scripting in arma - but i would help you i can it translate to german - when you use a stringtable (i know many scripters are to lazy work with the stringtable.csv - but for localize is for me the best method.

I hope you have many motivation for you mod ;) contact me or i will keep my eye on this thread

Regards,

Hey,

I love zombie games - i miss a projekt that combine epoch with wasteland and the forest (crafting)

For few days, i saw a Streamer on Twitch (i forgot his name ;( ) he makes with a friend a nice crafting system - for few minutes i was speakless it was so great - you has a table and can craft some items or building parts, you can craft a pickaxes for iron/stone and much more.

I know ArmA is a tactial shooter but since i saw arma 3 life or similar mod - i know the power of arma.

I wish me a mod like epoch, wasteland, breakingpoint in one mod.

So i cant script anything - at the moment i play and look on some script - so ill learn the logical of scripting in arma - but i would help you i can it translate to german - when you use a stringtable (i know many scripters are to lazy work with the stringtable.csv - but for localize is for me the best method.

I hope you have many motivation for you mod ;) contact me or i will keep my eye on this thread

Regards,

Yep, sure. :cool:

In fact, there are already plans to introduce crafting and other functions much like the mods you have mentioned. However, as I have said earlier, this mod is compatible with SP and MP, not to mention the ability to create your own missions, etc. This has never been achieved EVER unlike DayZ and BreakingPoint, where you have to constantly pay money to host a server for your buddies. :16_6_8:

Paying for something that has been made free to the public, doesn't leave a pretty smile on my face. FPDR

Anyways, I found the streamer you talked about, yeah he had a really amazing dialog there. Although, I am currently doing my very best to make mine user-friendly, so if there is any moderators or mission-makers out there who want to add their own stuff in, that would be the way to go. :D

Kind Regards,

Rawner135

UPDATE:

According to the polls, it seems that "ORANGE" has won the votes. (Will post photos shortly on all Dialogs currently in WIP in "ORANGE")

Currently working on:

- Fixing Dialog issue.

- Importing model to O2.

- Planning ahead.

Edited by Ranwer

Hey guys,

Tonight, I will post photos of new features I have worked on.

These include:

- Crafting Menu

- Cooking Menu

- Sleeping Menu

- New look on the Mod's mission intro.

- Inventory icons for items

- New zombie pathfinding explanation on how it works.

Again, photos will be published once after the voting is done. ;D

Voting finished, "ORANGE" Wins!

UPDATE:

New photos of the latest features added towards the WIP of DSS:

Survival Menu:

qp54c7.jpg

Crafting Menu:

25fu7nn.jpg

Cooking Menu:

120jbdz.jpg

Sleeping Menu: (onLoad)

2u8b6gj.jpg

Sleeping Menu: (When clicked on YES)

15hgkj.jpg

Inventory Items: (Part 1)

11acvp4.jpg

Inventory Items: (Part2)

somt0j.jpg

DSS: The Mod (Intro Optimisation)

14lmu4g.jpg

And there you have it everyone! The brand new functions for DSS!

Finally, about the zombies.

The zombies are now outfitted with the latest code from ArmA 3 to create a "pathfinding" engine. This pathfinding engine will detect if the player is nearby, here's how it works:

1. The zombie detects if the player is close by. If so, he will start chasing you.

2. He will continue to chase you until you reach at approx 100 m.

3. When he gives up chasing, he will then look for the next player close by.

Kind Regards, ;)

Rawner135

I can't tell you how much i'm hyped...... honestly.

I've sent you a PM.

Dude...i'm salivating......menu pictures look awesome.....mega-hyped for this......

AWESOME! It´s just getting better and better, you´re "da Man"! ;)

The sleeping feature is for SP only or it will work on MP? (how´s the gameplay mechanic? dangers/perks etc...) Anxious for the playtests or open alpha =D

BTW, will it support main mods (RHS gears/hlc/RH/idf etc)? When I say support, is on compactibility level (it won´t REQUIRE other mods, but if you have them activated, their itens and weapons will spawn on loot)??? Whole Lotta Altis/Pilgrimage missions and MERCS campaigns have the support code if you need it (and their authors are very helpful) ;D wink wink!

cheers!

;2963345']AWESOME! It´s just getting better and better' date=' you´re "da Man"! ;)

The sleeping feature is for SP only or it will work on MP? (how´s the gameplay mechanic? dangers/perks etc...) Anxious for the playtests or open alpha =D

BTW, will it support main mods (RHS gears/hlc/RH/idf etc)? When I say support, is on compactibility level (it won´t REQUIRE other mods, but if you have them activated, their itens and weapons will spawn on loot)??? Whole Lotta Altis/Pilgrimage missions and MERCS campaigns have the support code if you need it (and their authors are very helpful) ;D wink wink!

cheers![/quote']

The sleeping function will be compatible with both SP and MP ;) (What it will do is that it will broadcast a system message to all players that a vote has started for sleeping)

Once the right amount of players vote, the time will skip to the presumed time...Morning.

Also, mods that include items such as RHS gear can spawn throughout the map. However, it will not be available within the DSS Menus. (That is why documentation will be provided on how to add your own items for the dialogs :))

BUT!

I would like to announce though that the function of "Crafting" will be also applied to creating custom scopes for weapons. (vanilla scopes for the mean time, but made out of binoculars, wires, etc. :p)

Since it was clear by one of the DEVs that anything is possible, then it means that DSS will go towards the impossible and make that "impossible", possible. :cool:

^ this dude posts more information than the community posting on here itself haha respect for this guy!!!

out of curiosity is it just you working on this mod?

if so then you have talent!

(really sorry to ask) are you planning on opening any form of pre alpha test stage for a lucky number of people or just plan to whack it out there and go with all the feedback etc?

^ this dude posts more information than the community posting on here itself haha respect for this guy!!!

out of curiosity is it just you working on this mod?

if so then you have talent!

(really sorry to ask) are you planning on opening any form of pre alpha test stage for a lucky number of people or just plan to whack it out there and go with all the feedback etc?

Haha, yeah I happen to be addicted to coding. :p

Yep, just me. Although, some people (even the most common youtubers of ArmA and DayZ) offered to stream a couple of videos for Youtube, plus a majority of fans on my friends list constantly giving me ideas. ;D

I have actually been doing coding for programs at least 2 years+, which is not that far between Visual Basic and ArmA. ;)

And yes, once all the mechanics and engines are ready to go for release, the Mod will be then published as a Pre-ALPHA state. (Feedback testing would be also appreciated, if possible :D)

UPDATE:

Optimized code for Survival Menu, so any current item you have will be displayed, rather than a whole list of unavailable items. :p

Added new Items: (will post photos once I have my sleep XD)

Survival Menu:

- Bandage

Craft Menu:

- Campfire

- Tent

- Fabric

- Hammer (non usable, but craft-able)

The purpose of the Craft Menu is that when you have all the necessary items to craft an item. You then click the button CRAFT it will then replace those required items with the Brand new item you crafted. (sorry for my English, need to head to bed now)

@poll

I believe the color for GUIs is stored in player's profilenamespace, you should be able to use whatever's set for the player, eliminating the need of setting fixed colour, thus upsetting some other users.

Edited by Arkhir

@poll

I believe the color for GUIs is stored in player's profilenamespace, you should be able to use whatever's set for the player, eliminating the need of setting fixed colour, thus upsetting some other users.

Thanks for the heads up! But, how would I do this? (colors have been set within the Text Color and Background Color)

(profilenamespace getVariable 'GUI_BCG_RGB_R')

(profilenamespace getVariable 'GUI_BCG_RGB_G')

(profilenamespace getVariable 'GUI_BCG_RGB_B')

should return these values

Thanks for letting me know of these variables, Arkhir! (Didn't know there were such in the game :) )

UPDATE:

Improved: added custom colour compatibility with DSS. (To change the colour, go to OPTIONS\GAME\COLOUR from your pause or main menu)

Improved: Crafting code optimised.

Added: Fill water feature added. (Explained below)

Improved: Text introduction for mission now replaced by logo.

Added: New design logo of DSS (See my signature)

Improved: Sounds for eating and drinking.

Features under way:

- Add a death scene. (Better than "You Are Dead" :p )

- Create loot spawner. (Or implement one)

- Improve the sleep function.

- Add an item for cooking function.

- Work on night zombies. (Known as "Lurker")

- Create water source for each town.

- Add wrecks and major events that tell a bit of DSS' story.

- Optimize code for humanity.

- Create Humanity engine.

- More features to come if any problems or ideas.

Now about the model I created. Because I had no luck with the others Lib had mentioned, I managed to run into some luck. It appears that Bohemia Interactive has already added an item I did not see, which can be found in "objects (market)".

Players can find the locations of these water sources in each town. (Because i'm on mobile, they look like a huge bucket with a blue bench)

Regards,

Rawner135

Epic !!

Have you planned some kind of peresistence ? (e.g. Database or something similar to DayZ)

Epic !!

Have you planned some kind of peresistence ? (e.g. Database or something similar to DayZ)

Hm, now that you have mentioned the special function of DayZ, yes it could be possible. (if not, I will make it much like the "Life" mod where you have to join the particular server where you left off)

It may be also possible if I create a ".pbo" database within the mod. That way, when the player leaves the game, it will automatically saves the user's location, gear and state. As soon as the player joins any server, it will check what the name of the mission is, then it will load that database back onto the player. (This may do the trick ;) : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/saveProfileNamespace )

PS: I have heard the function rocks, but uses a hell lot of data when not scripted properly. So I am going to test this function out and see if it goes smoothly. If it turns out great, this means that any server you join labeled "DSS", will load where you left off on your adventure.

UPDATE:

Photo's of different types of the logo "DSS":

sg1ilh.png

4k7joi.png

2vwa1cl.png

vxyts9.png

Edited by Ranwer

The third logo....(the red and black one) looks super cool......

hi ranwer, could you use this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma3_CfgVehicles_Land_Water_source_F.jpg as water source aswell ? or was that what you were trying to say that you could not use it ?

"edit"

there is also a water barrel "Land_BarrelWater_F" and "Land_BarrelWater_grey_F" and "Land_WaterBarrel_F" and "Land_WaterTank_F"

this is the one you mentioned "Land_StallWater_F"

Edited by suiside

hi ranwer, could you use this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma3_CfgVehicles_Land_Water_source_F.jpg as water source aswell ? or was that what you were trying to say that you could not use it ?

"edit"

there is also a water barrel "Land_BarrelWater_F" and "Land_BarrelWater_grey_F" and "Land_WaterBarrel_F" and "Land_WaterTank_F"

this is the one you mentioned "Land_StallWater_F"

Thanks for the lists of water sources, suiside! :)

Yeah, I couldn't use the Land_Water_Source. Only because when you snipe at a town, you'll see this big architecture sitting in the middle of a patch of grass with players you might wanna consider shooting. :p :bye:

However, I will consider to use those other classes beside "Land_StallWater_F". :D

UPDATE:

- Optimized intro screen.

- Zombies spawn in towns (they random in number), thank the dead. :cool:

- Replaced classic Dynamic Text intro, with the all new logo. (I'll post photos later on what they look like in-game)

ISSUES:

- Finding a "working" persistent save/load function, much like "Altis Life". (tried StatSave and IniDB, they don't work :459: )

In the mean time, I will now begin working on the spawning of wrecks, as well as the new type of Zombie for night...the Lurker. ;)

Kind Regards,

Rawner135