Jastreb

Insurgency 3 [WIP] Alpha testing phase - sign up!

A2 Insurgency

man, A2 Insurgency was perfect in this respect. I don't know of any other mission or mod that spawned and handled AI better.

In regards to that, we removed one of the features ( lets call it that way ) A2 Insurgency had. FYI AI always knew where you were in A2 version, no matter where you are, hidden or not. We thought that was ugly and removed it, but if we dont find any other mechanisms for AI to better concentrate on players, and most of all better defend caches, we will use this again. And it will be super hard if you set AI precision too high. We shall see.

It is freaking hot in entire Europe, so that is holding of development a bit, plus developers are busy with other projects and RL, so a minor delay, and patience is required.

Once they get to it, it will be up and working in no time.

Update: Issues with ASR_AI3 mod have been fixed, thanks to @Robalo. As of ASR_AI3 version 0.9.26 conflict with Insurgency 3 initialisation has been resolved.

It is freaking hot in entire Europe, so that is holding of development a bit, plus developers are busy with other projects and RL, so a minor delay, and patience is required.

Once they get to it, it will be up and working in no time.

Update: Issues with ASR_AI3 mod have been fixed, thanks to @Robalo. As of ASR_AI3 version 0.9.26 conflict with Insurgency 3 initialisation has been resolved.

So its been Almost 2 months since this post. Is it still on hold, or is it dead, or have I just missed something? I'd really love to see this, since the ALiVE insurgency doesn't seem to work quite right, and our group would really like playing this.

Yep, guess its time to write this one off. Sad, I was looking forward to getting a good insurgency game up and going.

No, we are just busy with RL things and other mods and missions and our communities, websites and server management, and once we sort that out we will continue.

Please dont bump this topic if you dont have mission or code related question.

Thanks.

I would love to help test this on my dedicated server, however, i do NOT have the player count you desire. My server only seats 16 players. I would like to help but if you feel i couldnt then i understand

Sure, no problem. Most of the things are found as in bugs and stuff, but here I will send you via PM so you can feel it. Make sure you read trough the topic about known issues. Havent tested it lately after the 1.54 update, there might be new issues. If so report them please. PM sent..

Can't help report bugs or fixes without being able to play it. Can we get a link to download?

ok guys just a couple of issues i have noticed while playing. 

1. no vehicles yet . not a bug but a bummer only infantry mission so far (looking in to simple scripting option for vehicles. 

2. the base camp.

a.  i have tried turning off random pos spawn and i alwasy spawn in the water at [0,0,0].

b.  the camp lay out needs a revamp. 

1. not enough support vics. instead of just a rearm vic and a medical truck. there should also be the ammo and fuel truck.

2. too many atv's. 

3. too many helicopters. and they spawn awfly close to eathother.... I would suggest spawn based on island. and remove                  the second bird. With rhs esc. enabled, the to uh-60's would spawn so close they would sometimes blow up. and you                     couldnt take off because you would immediatly wreck the blades. (solved this in the scripting replaced one of the uh-                       60's with a lil bird) problem would be solved by only spawning one heli though. 

3. AI do not say Put... I use ASR_AI non stop it will be hard to get me to not use it. that said. I also set their radio range down to 250. AI come flooding my way in any battle we almost NEVER encounter any CQC/CQB. I could be wrong but asiai only messes with units that do NOT have a way point . so maybe consider spawning ai/then waypoint@unitPOS. with hold order. maybe that will help with this...

------------------------

I have been able to change the class names of the vic's used around the base to get an ok setup of support vic's (where the mraps/M-atv are spawned. and i moved the mrap/M-atv spawn to by the heli's where the support vic's were spawned. so instead On stratis version i changed the classnames of the RHS vic's to the woodland version.

I have found this to be INCREDIBLY VERSATILE!!!

I have copy and pasted all internal files to other Map/ mission folders. and created an ISLA DULA insurgency. Lingor Insurgency, Panthera Insurgency. I used the files from the ALTIS insurgency included in the pack that was sent to me. 

If i can make a few suggestions:

rearrange the base layout. remove one of the heli's there is no need to make it that easy. the old version only had one and it was all that was needed. add all support vic's not just repair/med. maybe make the vehicle spawn configurable again. we deffinatly need enemy vic's back in the mission those really brought the fight up a notch. 

Ai spawn count and param settings can you explain these settings cant think of them off the top of my head but things like the grid count and total numbers. how does that play in to how ai spawn how we clear an area. etc.

Do ai keeps spawning in an area unless we move in and clear it of all enemy. because ai will move out of these areas and sometimes we just walk into and clear an empty area(no cqb). 12 ai per play with a cap of 10 ai per grid.. makes me think of how this would work. as we kill the ai more ai spawn into the grid until the cap for all players int the area is reached? i donno im just asking 

THE AI SPAWNING IS SPOT ON. for the most part i never "feel" or notice any lag when ai spawn in the mission just seems very fluid on that reguard. i have however did witness a few ai spawn in front of me but thats ok that can be changed in the settings (500m to 1200m)

in the end my team is having fun and little is being seen in the way of problems. Just a lack of some features like enemy vic's / heli's. being able to rearm and refuel in the field. small stuff that can be currently ammended by a zeus so its no big deal at all. 

Thanks for allowing me to test this with my team and give feedback.. Looking forward to future updates!

Hey guys! The work done thus far by Jastreb and the rest of the team is amazing. I really missed the old Insurgency my friends and I cut our teeth on in Arma 2 and they have truly delivered in that respect. Good luck to the guys working on this and I can't wait for the next version, hopefully with vehicles worked out!

Here is a little addition I made for RHS to spawn the insurgent team as Russians.

// RHS: Insurgents  
    if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "rhs_g_Soldier_TL_F")) then {
        InsurgencyUnitTypes = ["rhs_g_Soldier_TL_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_TL_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_F3", "rhs_g_medic_F", "rhs_g_engineer_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_exp_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_GL_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_M_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_AT_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_LAT_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_LAT_F", "rhs_g_Soldier_AA_F"];
    };

I put it in my " fn_setup_classnames.sqf " and it has balanced out the enemies a bit.

I also tweaked the vehicles a bit, which also is placed in the above .sqf.

// RHS: United States Armed Forces  
    if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "rhsusf_M1083A1P2_B_M2_d_MHQ_fmtv_usarmy")) then {
        InsurgencyMHQType = "rhsusf_M1083A1P2_B_M2_d_MHQ_fmtv_usarmy";
    };
    if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "rhsusf_m1025_d_m2") && isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "rhsusf_m1025_d_Mk19")) then {
        InsurgencyMediumVehiclesA = [["rhsusf_m1025_d_m2"], ["rhsusf_m998_d_4DR"], ["rhsusf_m1025_d_m2"], ["rhsusf_m1025_d_Mk19"]];
    };
    if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "rhsusf_rg33_d") && isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "rhsusf_rg33_m2_d")) then {
        InsurgencyMediumVehiclesB = [["B_G_Van_01_fuel_F"], ["rhsusf_rg33_d"], ["rhsusf_rg33_m2_d"], ["rhsusf_rg33_m2_d"]];
    };
    if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "RHS_UH60M")) then {
        InsurgencyAirVehicles = [["RHS_UH60M"], ["B_Heli_Light_01_F"]];
    };
    if (isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "rhsusf_M1083A1P2_B_M2_d_Medical_fmtv_usarmy")) then {
        InsurgencySupportVehicles = [["B_G_Offroad_01_repair_F"], ["rhsusf_M1083A1P2_B_M2_d_Medical_fmtv_usarmy"]];
    };

Thank you again to Jastreb and the team for making this possible!

Closed Alpha test is over. Updates will be continued in the release topic once its done.

Lock please.

@jastreb

Hello mate!

Thank you for our project reviving! Any way how i can help you with some things?

• Like 3