Sign in to follow this  
megagoth1702

Tiny Sound Mod - Megas Sound, Sonic Cracks

Hey guys,

although I have put my mod on ice until BIS releases a more stable sound platform, here is a tiny piece of audio. One of the main complaints I read is that sonic cracks are annoyingly loud up to the point where you can't hear the enemies rifles anymore and they do not sound convincing.

Here is something I put together. I lowered the volume and replaced the samples.

DOWNLOAD - Megas Sound - Sonic Cracks

If you want to keep using the VANILLA sound cracks, here you go - I only changed the volume levels in this package.

DOWNLOAD - Quieter Vanilla Cracks

I hope this helps someone.

Edited by megagoth1702
  • Like 1

Could we possibly have quieter gun sounds? At least the most used ones? Anyway, this is very nice.

Could we possibly have quieter gun sounds? At least the most used ones? Anyway, this is very nice.

Will have to talk to audio guys about it. I would love nothing more than a consistent platform but right now there is a big volume boost for 1st person. So we will have to decide - quieter 1st person sounds -> superquiet 3rd person? Or quieter 3rd person sounds -> still loud 1st person... This boost has to go.

Maybe if I feel like it I might work up a config that has reduced volume values for weapons. Or someone else could. :p

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey megagoth1702 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:17 ----------

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey megagoth1702 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

We also added a further video for you:

Does this work with jsrs ?

But JSRS doesn't work right now anyway?

But JSRS doesn't work right now anyway?

Lite version works ok.

Lower weapon sounds would be great as they're far too loud at the moment. I've manually adjusted most of my favourite weapons mods and vanilla either through reaper or configs. The results are fairly good but I agree a standalone all weapon config mod would be great. Anyway thanks for your work mate, I like the way you're approaching this.

Does this work with jsrs ?

I think JSRS has it's own sonic cracks. You can try looking for the JSRS sonic cracks PBO, removing it and putting my pbos in there.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Lower weapon sounds would be great as they're far too loud at the moment. I've manually adjusted most of my favourite weapons mods and vanilla either through reaper or configs. The results are fairly good but I agree a standalone all weapon config mod would be great. Anyway thanks for your work mate, I like the way you're approaching this.

If i was to go through the configs and reduce all the weapon's volumes strange things would happen:

1 - because the volume falloff is so extremely steep, weapons will be super quiet over distance - this is something BIS has to fix, volume fall off curve needs to be softer

2 - reload sounds will become louder in comparison, so they need to be turned down as well -> more work

3 - vehicles will become louder in comparison (but it will be like pre-marksman dlc)

Will have to talk to audio guys about it. I would love nothing more than a consistent platform but right now there is a big volume boost for 1st person. So we will have to decide - quieter 1st person sounds -> superquiet 3rd person? Or quieter 3rd person sounds -> still loud 1st person... This boost has to go.

Maybe if I feel like it I might work up a config that has reduced volume values for weapons. Or someone else could. :p

I don't understand the need of the volume boost. Shouldn't your own gun be naturally louder when you are in first person, given that you are much closer to the sound source compared to 3rd person?

I don't understand the need of the volume boost. Shouldn't your own gun be naturally louder when you are in first person, given that you are much closer to the sound source compared to 3rd person?

Yeah, if the gun was actually the sound source. I am not sure this is how it works though. Maybe the soldier is sound source, we don't know.

Thank you so much for this! I was able to join in EUTW CTI with this mod and your Megasound mod combined, as they allow both and my ears were pleased, I was able to hear enemy gunfire and not only sonic cracks.

All this without the loss of hearing! And GJ on the grenade sounds on megasound mod, it's what we should have in vanilla game

Thank you so much for this! I was able to join in EUTW CTI with this mod and your Megasound mod combined, as they allow both and my ears were pleased, I was able to hear enemy gunfire and not only sonic cracks.

All this without the loss of hearing! And GJ on the grenade sounds on megasound mod, it's what we should have in vanilla game

Thanks!

MegaSound is actually outdated... It does not have weapon tails which means vanilla tails are being played together with the tails baked into my weapon shot sounds. It could sound weird.

Thanks!

MegaSound is actually outdated... It does not have weapon tails which means vanilla tails are being played together with the tails baked into my weapon shot sounds. It could sound weird.

I get it's a bit outdated now, but still it makes playing more enjoyable. I noticed few bugs like environment sounds missing when revived and grenade sounds sometimes playing vanilla sound, but nothing that bothers as much as vanilla MX's earshattering sound.

I'd rather take the moment of silence from crickets than hear vanilla MX again :D

I get it's a bit outdated now, but still it makes playing more enjoyable. I noticed few bugs like environment sounds missing when revived and grenade sounds sometimes playing vanilla sound, but nothing that bothers as much as vanilla MX's earshattering sound.

I'd rather take the moment of silence from crickets than hear vanilla MX again :D

This!

Thanks for all your efforts megagoth1702. :)