Sign in to follow this  
[lol]clan killer bee

Randomize Chopper and vehicles.

Hi guys,

I have a question about the randomize !

I got it to work with the civilians and I used this script !

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false];

I looked on the forum and you tube and it showed the same code in the vehicles.

Still when I use a civ chopper [m-900] or the quad and I place the code in the init field it keep changing the textured of the vehicles.

Anyone have a idea how to solve this issue ?

With regards,

KillerBee

There is no problem with that code, it is fine.

However, earlier this year I looked in the soft.pbo files and it seems that the developers have created a randomize texture function for the "Offroad", "Quad", "SUV", etc etc.

I am not sure on how to solve this, but the only possible way is to have a sleep function set for like 2 seconds, and then call the specific skin you would like. (this would involve looking in the config if you would like to find a specific skin as mentioned just before)

Hmm been looking around a little but I'm not a script person !

I see a little to many posts at the moment whom are a little different every time and scripts !

I ran into this post http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169734-paint-MH-9-different-colour/page2

the post talks about the https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTextureGlobal and that it is now JIP compatible.

I just have no idea how to get this to work ! :(

PS.

I ran into this code and

this setObjectTexture [0, "A3\Air_F\Heli_Light_01\Data\Skins\heli_light_01_ext_sheriff_co.paa"];

I test it in the editor for the moment and it seems to hold up !

Ran into it by accident;)

Not sure if it will hold up in MP missions ?

Edited by [LOL]clan Killer Bee

Below are six textures. They all have different colours/variants. There maybe a lot more textures that I am unaware of but these are the known ones to me.

For the scripts below, place one of each choice in your init.sqf (as always, create one and edit it with notepad...if there is no init.sqf in your mission file)

sleep 2;
_this setObjectTextureGlobal ["\A3\soft_F\Offroad_01\Data\Offroad_01_ext_co.paa"];

sleep 2;
_this setObjectTextureGlobal ["\A3\soft_F\Offroad_01\Data\Offroad_01_ext_BASE01_CO.paa"];

sleep 2;
_this setObjectTextureGlobal ["\A3\soft_F\Offroad_01\Data\Offroad_01_ext_BASE02_CO.paa"];

sleep 2;
_this setObjectTextureGlobal ["\A3\soft_F\Offroad_01\Data\Offroad_01_ext_BASE03_CO.paa"];

sleep 2;
_this setObjectTextureGlobal ["\A3\soft_F\Offroad_01\Data\Offroad_01_ext_BASE04_CO.paa"];

sleep 2;
_this setObjectTextureGlobal ["\A3\soft_F\Offroad_01\Data\Offroad_01_ext_BASE05_CO.paa"];

If you wish to look deeper into more advanced coding (or advice) to prevent the randomization from running, take a look at this site:

Link: http://killzonekid.com/arma-annoyances-say-no-to-randomize/

A library of all the scripts available for arma can be found here if you wanted to create your own scripts in the future:

Link: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_Arma_3

Hope it helps,

Rawner135 / Ranwer

Thank you so much for the info and the links Rawner.

As it seems I was right about the global.

I'm not a script kid so that is why and this is almost my first mission after the OFP days 9 years ago :p

The old system has changed/is changing. See post here and wiki info here.

So to stop changes to a vehicle use

[this, true, true] call bis_fnc_initVehicle;

in the vehicles init to restore default textures and animations (addons like MH benches and treads ).