Tonto-

VT5 - Valtatie 5 | Final release thread | Finnish terrain for A3

I feel deja vu coming on, but here we go:

When using CUP terrains, the trees become invincible to artillery/CAS. AKA they do not fall over. It can be immersion breaking. However, it is still possible to knock the trees over with a tank.

Isn't that then maybe more a thing to post in the CUP post...or is it only when you use CUP with this map?

Isn't that then maybe more a thing to post in the CUP post...or is it only when you use CUP with this map?

I may have posted about it in there months ago, I know I posted about it somewhere. Could have been earlier in this thread. It's hard to keep track of things when you're drunk all the time.

• Like 1

Is development on this dead? Nothing heard in a long time.

Are there plans to update the lighting to look better with the new lighting overhaul? Right now it looks really bad.

• Like 1

Just uploaded final version of VT5. Sorry it took so long.

29-9-2016 - v1 - Final release

-Tweaked field clutter

-Tweaked surface textures

-Tweaked outside terrain texture

-Fixed lighting

-Fixed  class name errors with CUP Terrains

-Broke roads near gas station. :D Cannot be fixed due various reasons.

Download link:https://armafinland.fi/dl/@vt5.7z%C2%A0

• Like 10

Attention all map makers, follow Tonto-'s procedure. Work on the map for a while, then release to the public. 

Nicely done Tonto-, this map is pretty damn sweet. Good framerates, Lots of polish. 

I would like to see a bit more details like fences etc, but this map is how it's done.

• Like 1

Attention all map makers, follow Tonto-'s procedure. Work on the map for a while, then release to the public. 

Nicely done Tonto-, this map is pretty damn sweet. Good framerates, Lots of polish. 

I would like to see a bit more details like fences etc, but this map is how it's done.

I might update the lighting of the map once Bohemia releases documentation for configuring it. Im still not pleased how the map looks with new lighting shader, but other than that - no more updates are coming.

Great map. Now all we need is old beat up equipment, a winter version, shitty tent, heater that some idiot will fall asleep guarding and you can get the ultimate Finish 18th birthday experience! 

• Like 1

Hey Tonto nice map. Is there a Google Maps equivalent to it? I mean VT5 is almost 907km long and its probably hard to search the exact location of your map :D

Thanks

any news on the lighting update on this map? this is a cool infantry map, would love to play it, but the brightness just ruins everything.

4 hours ago, 2LT FitzGerald said:

Does changing time of day and cloud coverage not help?

Thats not really a fix though

I don't see how it's a bug either. Brightness and darkness are personal preference and entirely reliant upon time of day and weather which is is customizable. That is just my opinion of course. 

Uh, can't you adjust client-side brightness and gamma settings? Is it so hard to just tweak things yourself? I personally don't see a problem with the terrain right now but if you do, luckily, you have to option to correct it.

Hello Tonto,

just a little question about the Final Map. Can it be, that in the Final Version of this Map the Tree and busches Density is lowered to middle till late Beta Versions? I play a Beta Version of this map long time ago, and in my Remembers the busches density in treeareas was much higher, and the Treedensity self too. Do im go fail, or are there really such lowered busches and tree counts on this Final Map?

with best regards

12 hours ago, luilui said:

Hello Tonto,

just a little question about the Final Map. Can it be, that in the Final Version of this Map the Tree and busches Density is lowered to middle till late Beta Versions? I play a Beta Version of this map long time ago, and in my Remembers the busches density in treeareas was much higher, and the Treedensity self too. Do im go fail, or are there really such lowered busches and tree counts on this Final Map?

with best regards

No changes were made to vegetation/ tree count between final and earlier versions. If the map seems to run smoother than it used to, the credit for it goes to the devs and their work on engine optimization.

Hey! Nice map. Any good missions available for it anywhere? I would love a CTI coop with Finnish and Soviet forces!