calibre

PvP / TvT similiar to EUTW/TacBF

Hello guys

After hundred of hours spent in Arma 3 i started to search for another servers. Is there something like EUTW/TacBF where i dont have to download 15gigs of 3rd party mods ? Im ok with few mods running like JSRS, ShacTac, Blastcore etc.

EUTW is great but still same missions , great admin approach but its started to be boring. TacBF is also great but low performance due to its scripts and you need to have few hours of spare time to play there. EUTW is "join and play" so i prefer something like this.

Basically, im searching for EUTW like servers, public servers (no closed groups/clans) with some 3rd party maps / sound mods. EUTW is built on TeeTimes scripts AFAIK.

Thank you very much guys.

If you want to make money and buy stuff as you progress you should go to King of the Hill, though for me that's not my style of play.

If you want something more tactical and competitive, you can try DTAS, though the real tactics start to show when you play it with an organized and skilled group.

There is also Total War, which is a bit similar in style to TacBF, but again, not really my style.

You can find events for Total War and DTAS in the Arma 3 PvP Community Steam group. Possibly other events may be posted there as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/arma3pvpcommunity#events

DTAS used to run events mod-free, but now we run with IDF mod and Task Force Radio required, along with optional shacktac hud, shacktack stamina bar and JSRS3.

You can easily get the mods through Play withSIX with 1 click, though. Details on our website www.arma-il.info.

• Like 1

Yeah, for casual shoot'em up, HostileTakeover's 1st person (hc), infantry only servers are very good "target rich" enviorments.

Good place to sharpen one's combat skills.

Well admin'ed, they got ts & 'join group' for more squad based play.

Galzohar's IDF crew are worth checking out for fine PvP play.

Don't overlook Bis's 'Endgame' servers for squad play either.

Good Luck!

Thanks for suggestion. KoTH and stuff like that is totally out of my interest. It looks like i have to stay on EUTW. Thats probably only one public PvP/TvT CTF community where you dont have to join clans and install 10gb of mods.

I dont understand why there is no CTF as "core" MP mod. Two teams capturing flags.

Well, we play DTAS with IDF mod now, but it's not a large download and well-worth it. Same goes for Task Force Radio mod.

It has 2 teams fighting for a flag alright... But it's a single flag, single life, and with a time limit for attackers while defenders wait for them in ambushes or try to flank.

Keep in mind "CTF" has a completely different meaning than what you think. "CTF" refers to picking up an enemy flag and carrying it back to your home base, gaining score. Respawn is generally a bit behind your own base/flag. Killing a flag carrier makes him drop the flag, and touching the flag an enemy dropped flag makes it go back to your base. CTF works much better in arcade games, where running around fast and dodging shots is more viable. In Arma, by the time you clear your way (or even half-way) to the enemy flag, the enemy would have respawned and counter-attacked you, making it very difficult to make any flag captures (with some exceptions, like an absolute noob team, or a team that gets completely spawn camped, or a game with very low player count and multiple covered approaches, so you can go around the enemy and get the flag). In any case, realism is not something that CTF is based on :)

Arma 3 needs a good multiplayer game mode, well not only one it needs lots of them.

Start by giving DTAS a go, we have an event this Saturday at 20:00 GMT (22:00 Israel Time). Only Task Force Radio mod is required.

Server and TS IP: ts.arma-il.info.

Server port: 2302.

Start by giving DTAS a go, we have an event this Saturday at 20:00 GMT (22:00 Israel Time). Only Task Force Radio mod is required.

Server and TS IP: ts.arma-il.info.

Server port: 2302.

I would like to give it a go too!

As mentioned above, BECTI has decent teamplay (sometimes, it's pub after all) and a bit of structure to it. It's not so much infantry based as combined arms and AI management based, but if you're not looking for pure intense infantry combat it's good. If you are, KOTH (infantry only) can't be beat.