Sign in to follow this  
phant

Best Script for loading custom loadouts on server that is JIP compatible?

Hi there,

I've heard of a few custom loadout scripts that you run via .sqf execution on a server, however, I am not sure what the best one to use for JIP is?

Being JIP compatible is a must, and it is for loading custom loadouts on a server. If someone can point me in the direction of the best one to use for JIP, that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Phant.

description.ext:

respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition","RespawnInventory};

You can define your custom loudout by respawninventory.

just read the wiki.

You will get a spawnselection and on the next page a loudout you have defined in a class in the description.ext.

this is 100% jip compatible.

---------- Post added at 11:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 ----------

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn#Respawn_Templates_2

Thanks for the info mate, but I am not sure joining into a slot first time is classified as respawning. I'm just trying to load custom loadouts onto playable units that have joined the game for the first time, but the loadouts must also load if they join mid-mission. Respawn is completely disabled for all playable units.

if I got you right, then you can just set the respawn to group, make place your units in the editor, give them a virtual arsenal export and you are good to go.if somebody joins in progress he can get in a slot thats left and spawn at the position the unit was places in the editor.

Yeah LEA will set you straight, personally I think BIS should just add something like LEA to the editor.

Thanks guys, I have tried both suggested solutions to see which works best for me and I have chosen LEA as the best solution for this scenario so far.

Thanks for the info mate, but I am not sure joining into a slot first time is classified as respawning. I'm just trying to load custom loadouts onto playable units that have joined the game for the first time, but the loadouts must also load if they join mid-mission. Respawn is completely disabled for all playable units.

It is if you define it correctly in the respawn template in the description.ext

When set correctly the player is 'respawned' upon joining and shown the spawn selection/gear selection screen.

It is if you define it correctly in the respawn template in the description.ext

When set correctly the player is 'respawned' upon joining and shown the spawn selection/gear selection screen.

Yeah I got that working when I tested it this morning, I just misunderstood at first. I found the LEA solution to be better suited, however, as some of these missions you aren't loading into an FOB, you're loading already on the battlefield, so I couldn't have players selecting from a gear selection screen to get their loadout.

Why don't you create a loadout via Arsenal, copy it into an sqf file, replace "this" with _this select 0 and execute the script via the init of your unit? That always worked for me, even for JIP.

There not need to make this too complicated in my opinion.

I dont recommend this method because there is a bug if any jip player connect changing for all current players equipment to defined one.

I dont recommend this method because there is a bug if any jip player connect changing for all current players equipment to defined one.

I've gotten around this by using a wait until isplayer check to only run the init field once per unit and only when that unit is spawned.

I've gotten around this by using a wait until isplayer check to only run the init field once per unit and only when that unit is spawned.

To make sure I've got that right, that would be: "waitUntil {!isNull player};"

Correct?

EDIT: Or is it: waitUntil {isPlayer this};

To make sure I've got that right, that would be: "waitUntil {!isNull player};"

Correct?

EDIT: Or is it: waitUntil {isPlayer this};

This is the code I use in my missions:

"waitUntil {(!isNull player && time > 0)};"