Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

onMouse Click or interactible option for inventory items? - Discussion

Hey guys,

I'm continuing the WIP of "Dynamic Survival Sandbox: The Mod", however, my main challenge is implementing a right-click option for items in the inventory or "RscGear" such as in the DayZ Mod and Standalone.

I have all the necessary tools and resources to get this done, I just need to know how? :confused:

I have also been studying how the DayZ Developers have created the unique dialog in their configs and sqf files.

ArmA 3 for me is down at the moment because my Hard drive died from the common "Click of Death", so porting code from ArmA 2 to ArmA 3 isn't a hassle for me :)

If you guys have other alternatives or ways to make an item interactive, please don't hesitate to post it here.

Thanks,

Rawner135

NOTE: This post is relating to the configs and scripting sections of ArmA 3: Editing

See this thread, should be enough info to get you going,

See this thread, should be enough info to get you going,

Thanks for the heads up on that thread, should help me a lot :)

Also, just wondering. Within the config of a magazine item, is it possible to attach a ctrlAddEventHandler "onMouseButtonClick" to that Item? If so, this would be an extremely, beneficial alternative, other than DayZ's right-click function. (That way, when someone left clicks on the item in their inventory, they could then press a key defined on their keyboard, which then activates the item to do whatever specific script it is told to do. :clap: )

Ok, I now know how to use a dialog in both ArmA 2 and 3. But as I have said above, is there any possible way to detect if that specific item is left/right mouse clicked, within the gear menu?

This has been done both in the DayZ mod and ArmA 3's Breaking Point. So please, if anyone knows similar ways to do this, it would be great.

Thanks,

Rawner135

Edited by Ranwer

Youve already answered your own question in your previous post. Except you dont put a ctrlEH on an item, you put it on a ctrl. An item in your inventory display is not an item, it is a ctrl showing details about an item.