Sign in to follow this  
gummybear_qc

Do I have the supporter edition?

Hello, so I saw the Tanoa expansion is paid, IMO that sucks should be free but that's not the point here so I will go on, except for the ones who bought the supporter edition. Does that mean when the game was in alpha? I did buy Arma 3 when it came out on Steam saying it was in alpha, it was like 20$ or 30$ back then.

So is that what the supporter edition was?

Hello, so I saw the Tanoa expansion is paid, IMO that sucks should be free but that's not the point here

lol...why would be an EXPANSION free? I am already amazed that they release the content similar to DLCs anyhow...

so I will go on, except for the ones who bought the supporter edition. Does that mean when the game was in alpha? I did buy Arma 3 when it came out on Steam saying it was in alpha, it was like 20$ or 30$ back then.

So is that what the supporter edition was?

No, it means you bought it during alpha and payed around 80 or so EUs for it back then (even without knowing what was included in that release).

Everyone who owns a supporter edition has this jpg insignia under his name...

a3_badge.png

The supporter edition was available at the same time the alpha version was, but it was ~60€ I think compared to 25. As the name suggests, this version was meant to show support for the developers not just grab a cheap bundle version.

I thought BI always said that the DLCs were free for those who bought the SE, but expansions would have to be paid. Quite a pleasant surprise, although I now feel kinda bad. It's a steal.

I don't think you have the SE, because usually people who do should have the black forum badge like I have.

P.S. I still don't understand how some people always come to the conclusion everything should be free.

edit: too late

• Like 1

The supporter edition was available at the same time the alpha version was, but it was ~60€ I think compared to 25. As the name suggests, this version was meant to show support for the developers not just grab a cheap bundle version.

I thought BI always said that the DLCs were free for those who bought the SE, but expansions would have to be paid. Quite a pleasant surprise, although I now feel kinda bad. It's a steal.

I don't think you have the SE, because usually people who do should have the black forum badge like I have.

P.S. I still don't understand how some people always come to the conclusion everything should be free.

edit: too late

Yeah, well then. I probably won't be paying another 25$ for that, it starts to get quite expensive.

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

lol...why would be an EXPANSION free? I am already amazed that they release the content similar to DLCs anyhow...

http://forums.bistudio.com/images/badges/a3_badge.png

Because Bohemia loves us?

yeah, i was actually expecting to have to pay for it, and would have been fine by me. I mean supporter only gave me free DLCs for A3, not the expansion...

it is a steal, but i think i'll buy it and gift it tbh...

Everyone who owns a supporter edition has this jpg insignia under his name...

http://forums.bistudio.com/images/badges/a3_badge.png

I don't, none of mine ever work, pretty sure i was meant to have one for voting in the ManW comp, not really fussed.

I also don't mind buying expansions, BI are a company i don't mind supporting, now if it was EA things would be different.

Hmm, maybe BI should release every game from here on out free of charge, are you kidding me.

Well If you don't want to pay for Tanoa, then stick to 1600km huge Australia or plenty of other islands.. features will be for free, so... Anyways..Don't you know the cost of this expansion guys?