Sign in to follow this  
syncie

Respawn help

sitrep (multiplayer coop mission with ACE3 on)

I want to do a insertion by a vehicle (let's say a heli) and one soldier brings a respawntent with him. If the tent get's destroyed or for whatever reason it must be possible to respawn on base.

The ACE module (for respawn) is on the map. If you die (and tent is deployed) you can choose in a popup window where to respawn..tent or base. Works fine, respawn is in front of the tent or exactly on the spot where i placed the ace3 respawn module on the map.

problem:

At the start of the mission i spawn on the base spot instead of in the vehicle.

I want to start the mission in a vehicle (for the insertion) and after that i want to respawn on base or tent (if deployed).

If it's possible without the ace3 respawn module it's ok too.

Description.ext:

//respawn = "BASE";

respawn = 15;

respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition"};

Any ideas?

If you make a heli insertion, you can define the helicopter as a respawnpoint by using this command in the init.sqf:

[[EAST/WEST, your_insertion_vehicle], "BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition", nil, true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

then just sync your other respawnpoint to a trigger with the condiction "anybody", "present".

This will let you spawn in the helicopter on mission start and create a new respawnpoint when the helicopter reaches its destination.

You can also give the helicopter another waypoint and on its activation it deletes the vehicle and its crew.

on actication of waypoint:

{deleteVehicle _x;}forEach crew your_indsertion_vehicle;deleteVehicle your_indsertion_vehicle;

Now you are left with the respawnpoint at the base and the respawnpoint you carry in your backpack

//edit: you won't need the ace respawn module anymore, using this method. You only need the regular one from bis

Edited by DonElSarjo

Not sure about ACE but for vanilla Arma respawning set respawnOnStart = -1 in your description.ext to stop the respawn template being run at mission start, which is what is moving you to your base position.

Not sure about ACE but for vanilla Arma respawning set respawnOnStart = -1 in your description.ext to stop the respawn template being run at mission start, which is what is moving you to your base position.

Thanks for the tips. I first tried the respawnOnStart and that works ok! Didn't know that option, works also with the ACE3 module.