RozekPoland

14th anniversary of OFP:CWC

zPotFmp.jpg

Picture by Acecombat. Edited by RozekPoland.

14 years ago, on 22th of June, 2001, Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis was released. Taking this opportunity I would like to share with you something special. It took me a lot of time and energy to get it to a shape it is but I am sure you gonna like it.

For this occasion I prepared a gallery of the best pictures that have ever been posted in OFP photography threads. I went through 5 such threads that consist of 2000 pages so it was an enormous amount of work. Unfortunately, not all pictures were available (about 20-30% were dead) so I was trying to trace them by links or names in other sources. Some of them were found that way. When it was done I had to select the best ones. My goal was to represent variety of addons and mods from different themes and eras. Finally, there are around 700 pictures in the gallery. The gallery is a great overview of the content that has been created for this game since it was released.

I am not able to list all authors of the pictures included in the gallery. There are over 200 pictures created by Shernas and around 20 pictures created by Parvus. The rest of the gallery consists of pictures created by many BIForum users. All in all, the gallery is addressed to this awesome community and BIstudio :)

The gallery is hosted on Photobucket which allows to view the content in two ways: Slideshow or Story. If you have more time you would probably prefer to use Slideshow as it allows you to see pictures one by one. If you just want to have a quick overview of the whole content, it is recommended to use Story mode. You can also download the whole gallery from here (you have to be registered on Photobucket to be able to do so!).

SLIDESHOW

http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/RozekPoland/slideshow/OFPCP

STORY

http://s1241.photobucket.com/user/RozekPoland/OFPCP/story

• Like 2

Indeed, my BIS gaming story began with the OFP demo. I still have the disc somewhere, good memories :)

Amazing work, bring back so many memories ;) it is funny how we're still on the "same engine" with less quality mods than ever before... and its 2015 ;)

14 years already? It seems like it was yesterday...

Thank you for the great picture collection!

Good memories! I still remember the OFP demo, playing the Ambush mission over and over again, wondering how they managed to make it different on each playthroguh. And I'm still waiting for the playable conclusion that was promised at the end of the demo.

I still remember playing it first on my brother's PC, and since then one thing was settled - addiction.

I love the picture gallery, the quality of many of the addons is amazing, considering the age of the game. Makes me want to play one of the Vietnam missions...

Amazing, though I never got to see most of that stuff. And this is just "normal" mods. I remember there were addons for literally everything from middle ages to warhammer.

Happy birthday, best complement I can pay ofp is that I got the gold edition in 2003, didn't get the internet until 2006, in those 3 years didn't get bored once.

OFP was the hallmark of a new military gaming era. Lovely times, and it's still kicking if you simply want to have some fun.

14th birthsday? So, that means OFP is now a teen game? :P

@Rozek:

Lots of gorgeous pictures. I recognize some of WaaZzaa's stuff. And there are some interesting addons that I've nevere played! But fake bipod is a violation of my copyright! :icon_twisted:

Happy birthday OFP!

Still running it on my PC with tons of addons. There are about 30 countries with almost complete army sets represented in my OFP. Such amount is still not achieved in any ArmA I have.

Thanks, I just recently played it's great cold war crisis campaign and see more new surprises still after thousands of playing! did you heard radio news in first mission (actually cutscene) where our squad are sit down in a wooden house in training island of malden map? radio is talking about Crimea crisis and russia interfere on it! OFP was a great soothsayer too!!!

well done! :bounce3:

It's OFP birthday (well kind of) and you know what that means comrades -

Vodka? Voodka! :drinking:

Guest ti0n3r

15 years ago today, I tried to steal the car. I tried :(

Happy Birthday OFP!

• Like 2

Just tried to go into it. Doesn't load properly, no mouse actions. Is it some type of condition at BI now, break things. Or.. can they stop engaging ex modders and employ some pro's to do the job....

Just tried to go into it. Doesn't load properly, no mouse actions.

Care to elaborate? I guess you're talking about Arma: Cold War Crisis (and not some A2/A3 mod as the rest of your post implies). If so then are you using Steam or non-Steam version? The non-Steam indeed had some troubles on release (though not the kind you're reporting) but it was patched several times - this page have a one-stop updated mirror.

Hi, came here to say happy birthday OFP - much fun had, and continue to have. The MercenaryS [MCY] ( winners of various CTF Cups in OFP's CTF leagues) are still going strong, and it all started with this game.

Since OFP there hasn't been a time that I have not had a Bohemia game installed on my PC.

Thank you.

....still got it.

B5hkQnT.jpg

Happy birthday godfather :)

• Like 1

Rozek, the pictures are beautiful but how many of the units depicted were actually available in SP missions or campaigns ?