Sign in to follow this  
rawalanche

Zoom in vehicle optics stuck at maximum

Hi,

I've tried to map my controls to be more like battlefield for faster aim down the sights in multiplayer. The problem here is that once i have mapped Hold RMB as Optics (temporary), Zoom (temporary) and hold breath, as soon as i enter any vehicle and use optics, it immediately zooms at the max possible level, and becomes stuck there. Not even using NUM - works, not even accessing optics via any other hotkey, and not even exiting vehicle and re-entering it.

I will be very thankful for any solutions.

Well, looks like i am done with ArmA for good. That bug has been reported more than 2 years ago and still isn't fixed >:(

This bug has been part of the engine since Armed Assault (Arma 1), so really it's been around for 8 years and reported at least 6 years ago. Here's the second Arma 2 community bug report (the first was lost).

The only workaround is avoiding the repro steps. Using third person view in vehicles makes it far more likely to happen.

You can also use the zoom in/out commands instead of zoom temp (I use a 4 button mouse with the extra buttons being bound to zoom in/zoom out, and it works quite well).

That's really not an option. I use that exact setup to make target acquisition as rapid as possible. I found out that if i map my controls similar to battlefield games i often play, i get a LOT more competitive, and game becomes lot more fluid and feels lot less clunky. It makes difference between being able to to take out 4 vs 20 AIs on my own, or being able to take out about 4-5 times more players in multiplayer matches during one spawn. It makes that much difference and makes me that much competitive, which of course ends as soon as i board any vehicle with gun optics. The entire point of this is being able to aim down the sights of your rifle within fraction of a second and return precise fire.

Try dev-branch if it's fixed there. They fixed this issue there so it might have been fixed at the same time http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16065

Unfortunately i can not. The dropdown button in betas tap of Arma 3's properties on steam is frozen. I can't click it and select dev branch :/

EDIT: Nevermind, probably a steam bug. Doesn't work when clicked, but if i tab through to the button and use cursor key to swap the option, it works.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Okay, so while i was very sceptical about this being magically fixed in dev branch, because even though it remained unfixed not only since the birth of this game, but also since the birth of previous one, i still went ahead to waste my time downloading and running dev branch. And of course BIS did not let me down, it's indeed still not fixed in the dev branch and i doubt it will ever be.