Sign in to follow this  
Col. Kurtz

The sniper saga

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Oct. 17 2002,19:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">these "ballistic experts" really get me. .223 taking down large game?, it's illegal to hunt deer in most states with that calibre.<span id='postcolor'>

Pretty much. They don't want a bunch of wounded deer limping around their state tounge.gif

whoever that 'witness' was, I say make him a human target to lure that sicko whose been shooting ppl. mad.gif

/calm down ralph...calm down..

anyways I think that sicko is laying low after he realized that someone could have seen him. maybe now he is realizing that he was not seen, so maybe he will strike again.

Aplogies if this has been raised in the thread before, but this whole "saga" reminds me a lot of the Anthrax "attacks" of last year, certain amount of people killed, then it stops, they have their suspicions as to who it was but no clear evidence or motive etc.

Prolly way off the mark but I guess in theory some terrorist group could have decided on a method for terrorising a city/nation every 6-12 months.........

What hasn't stopped? The Anthrax thing?

Sneaky edit boy wink.gif

No I know the snipering hasn't stopped, but to me it has all the hallmarks (IF it's a terrorism thing and not your lone/duo nut jobs scenario) of a scheme of terrorism similar in some regards to the Anthrax thing.

Kinda like as I grew up throughout the IRA's most active period, they would change tactics fairly regularly (although of course they were limited in what things they did, basically bombing or shooting) but the IRA would go through a spell of firing mortars, then of car-bombings, then of pipe bombs, etc. etc. Also the targets would change, first NI, then London, etc.

Have there been any really bizarre theories such as the killings are in the shape of something? I solved one of the Police Quest games that way smile.gif

No, this guy is pretty random. He was keeping things close to home until they brought in that geographic profiler. That must have spooked him, because his next killings were way outside of any possible pattern. If anything, the guy has read some trash novels (cough, Clancy cough)

Well at least he's staying out of Washington county, where I live. Its gonna be a bit creepy sitting outside of school by myself waiting for my ride everyday though....

*looks worried and cries*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 17 2002,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have there been any really bizarre theories such as the killings are in the shape of something? I solved one of the Police Quest games that way smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There was a 21-year old nutcase who set off a bunch of pipe bombs earlier in 2002 while trying to make a smiley face...

happyFaceMap.gif

The full story is here.

Clearly influenced by Police Quest the computer game, thus all games should be banned smile.gif

I think they need to ban tv shows,like police dramas.Like law in order,People can get ideas on how to make sure they will never be caught when they watch these types of shows. smile.gif

WHy haven't anyone came up with this idea yet ? Maybe this guy is soo good because he watchs CSi,Law in order,all those other ones.So he will always be one step ahead of the police.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Oct. 18 2002,03:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think they need to ban tv shows,like police dramas.Like law in order,People can get ideas on how to make sure they will never be caught when they watch these types of shows.  smile.gif

WHy haven't anyone came up with this idea yet ? Maybe this guy is soo good because he watchs CSi,Law in order,all those other ones.So he will always be one step ahead of the police.<span id='postcolor'>

Heh. Great... kill all the decent TV shows and then all we'll have is 'the Bachelor' and 'Survivor'

ARGH!

Hehehe.

Somehow i dont htink this guy is using TV or Video Games as an inspiration or a way of learning what to do. It's likely a deeply disturbed sociopath that has finally broken the last ties to reality, and is now conducting his own little private war on whatever bugs him.

It's a sad story, and this sort of lunacy isnt an American phenomenon. Even in my little backwater town, people snap and then there is a lot of head shaking and wondering 'why?'

Oi. What a world we live in.

I'm hoping this guy is a muslim terrorist though.Because guns and games are getting a bad rap.I was just kidding about the TV shows.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Oct. 18 2002,04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm hoping this guy is a muslim terrorist though.Because guns and games are getting a bad rap.I was just kidding about the TV shows.<span id='postcolor'>

I hope it's some Bubba Bo Bob redneck. The last thing your nation needs is more hatred towards middle easterners. At least if it's some redneck, you can blame it on inbreeding biggrin.gif

Funny that so far the only person that has said the person was middle eastern looking and was using an AK-74 turned out to be a liar.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Oct. 18 2002,04:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Funny T-shirt,well kinda funny.Creative i guess.    

<a href="tshirthell.com" target="_blank">tshirthell.com</a><span id='postcolor'>

Wow. That is TOTALLY tacky.

But then, Americans will buy almost anything!

hahaha- I hate you all. Ive said it before, I'll say it again: we need a good old fashioned, they-invade-us, White House gets burned down kind of war. Weed the deadweight out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Oct. 17 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow. That is TOTALLY tacky.

But then, Americans will buy almost anything!<span id='postcolor'>

Why the America-bashing? sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Oct. 18 2002,05:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Oct. 17 2002,20wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow. That is TOTALLY tacky.

But then, Americans will buy almost anything!<span id='postcolor'>

Why the America-bashing? sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

It's not bashing. It's the truth. And sometimes it can be humourous or endearing...but that T Shirt is just WAY too much.

I saw a commemorative lawn sprinkler produced when the Pope visited detroit years and years ago called 'Let us Spray' IT was a life sized pope cut out with the sprikler in the raised hands. Oi.

Not that Canadians are free of this syndrome, but America is the home of 'kitsch'

I will happily retract my statememnt if you can prove me wrong smile.gif

On Topic:

The problem with crap like that is that it feeds the ego of the sniper.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Oct. 18 2002,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">America is the home of 'kitsch'<span id='postcolor'>

You have obviously not been to Germany wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm hoping this guy is a muslim terrorist though.Because guns and games are getting a bad rap.I was just kidding about the TV shows. <span id='postcolor'>

And you don't think thhat muslims are getting a bad rap???

No, I'm pretty sure that the guy is some local whacko.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 17 2002,23:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hahaha- I hate you all. Ive said it before, I'll say it again: we need a good old fashioned, they-invade-us, White House gets burned down kind of war. Weed the deadweight out<span id='postcolor'>

I pray for another European war...

Come on Germany we need you to get to big for your britches again! I'd rather be in Western Europe than the Middle East or Africa or South America or China

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 18 2002,06:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Oct. 18 2002,05:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">America is the home of 'kitsch'<span id='postcolor'>

You have obviously not been to Germany wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Or Norway for that matter. Talk about a people getting to the money fast - but not being able to spend it gracefully!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll say it again: we need a good old fashioned, they-invade-us, White House gets burned down kind of war.<span id='postcolor'>

Like the war of 1812, when the U.S. invaded Canada, and we beat you back and burned down the White house in 1814?

Actually the 'White House' was originally stone coloured. They painted it white after the fire to cover up all the smoke damage. You can still see fire damage in the building to this day.

History is cool.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Oct. 18 2002,06:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm hoping this guy is a muslim terrorist though.Because guns and games are getting a bad rap.I was just kidding about the TV shows. <span id='postcolor'>

And you don't think thhat muslims are getting a bad rap???

No, I'm pretty sure that the guy is some local whacko.<span id='postcolor'>

Sure they are,But they already have one when muslims flew a plane into the wtc.I don't think all muslims are that way,just a small group.Just like christians people, There is a small group that just go crazy and murder bunch people,Or they are soo right wing that there blind.