il_padrino

[WIP] Padrino's Static Animations Pack

I like making screenshots. I need good new animations for making good ones, and using the same old animations from Arma 2 and ArmA was getting repetitive and boring. I was waiting for someone to make an animations pack for Arma 3 for quite some time, but it was in vain. So I decided, what the hell, I'll learn making my own ones, and thus this thread was born.

I'll post pictures of my animations as I keep making them. For now there are only three (mostly) done, this pack will be available when I finish a dozen or so. Since I'm new to all this, and I already have a long list of animations I want to see in game, I can tell you that I won't be taking wishes for now, but If you have some suggestions, feel free to post it, who knows it may end up in this pack after all :)

Credits:

-Alwarren, for making Arma Toolbox for Blender, a very handy tool without which I wouldn't be able to make this stuff.

-SAF Fuxna, my fellow team member from SAF who showed me some tricks in Blender

So, enough babbling, here are the screenshots :

(click for fullsize)

11 animations so far

18813158188_123670ce50.jpg

18392160494_2bcc79a73c.jpg

19027763641_1aa14c81f2.jpg

19057625791_ccd897774b.jpg

18894636168_f56054c196.jpg

Edited by il_padrino
  • Like 7

Hey il_padrino, you´re looking for animations for just statics (idle animations)? Or whole new animations, just like SMK_animations did back on good ol´A2 days? (they had sliding, shooting overhead, shooting on corners, "give the finger" animations etc... here´s some video tutorial - the neat features are up the 4:25)

Great iniative anyway, I´ll keep an eye on it, as well as I´ve been following your SFA mod for quite a while =)

Keep up the great work!

cheers!

I'll be doing just static poses for now, because I have limited experience in this field, and these are very simple to make. I think there are already a few movement mod packs for Arma 3, so that field is already covered more or less. :)

PS. SMK animations work in Arma 3 animation viewer, I don't know if the author of SMK animations is still active, but I guess it wouldn't be that hard to make a full port. ;)

I'll be doing just static poses for now, because I have limited experience in this field, and these are very simple to make. I think there are already a few movement mod packs for Arma 3, so that field is already covered more or less. :)

PS. SMK animations work in Arma 3 animation viewer, I don't know if the author of SMK animations is still active, but I guess it wouldn't be that hard to make a full port. ;)

OK, so it is kinda a "poser tool" for screenshots (so we can make some nice posters for ingame deco´s or neat mission load pictures), got it! BTW, the video I´ve attached says the SMK author was HIRED by BIS, so that´s why A3 movements are way better than A2´s, but they didn´t incorporated overhead/corner shooting nor mud sliding, which were so neat on SMK... and "giving the finger" animation went to DayZ taunt animations lol

cheers!

;2955542']OK' date=' so it is kinda a "poser tool" for screenshots (so we can make some nice posters for ingame deco´s or neat mission load pictures), got it!

[/quote']

Yes, ArmA had ICP animations pack, Arma 2 had Modul Animations pack, so my pack for Arma 3 will continue that tradition so to speak. :)

edit:

Two more done today

18392160494_2bcc79a73c_c.jpg

This awesome pic of Serbian paratroopers from the '90s inspired me to make these :D

1077400_581963281870187_274627746_o.jpg

Edited by il_padrino

This is right up my street, i do love a good screenshot, and your pictures are just awesome......

So, let me be "that guy"...what mod/faction are you using in your screenshots....those guys in the first picture look killer!!

Good luck with the project :rthumb:

Thanks for the kind words. Everything on these screens so far is from RHS Escalation mod, they have the best looking models in Arma 3 so they're perfect for cool screenshots.

Here's two more, and that's it for today. (The balaclava on this screen is from the upcoming SAF mod btw, check it out :D )

19027763641_1aa14c81f2.jpg

Edited by il_padrino

Looks cool :cool:. If only a slinged weapon was the default animation instead of the dumb animation of putting your weapon on your back.

Ah if only, but even that weapon-behind-your-back animation is looking weird...:j:

Anyway, here are two more animations, with some '90s feel. :cool: Obviously, the cigarettes are from the awesome EWK_CIGS mod, they won't be included in my pack :D

19057625791_ccd897774b_c.jpg

Hope you like them :)

Awesome! I'm loving it! Quick question tho, how do these animations work? When u mean static is the character doesnt move at all or it's idle animations where theres just small movement?

Maybe u should make a small video showing them :P

Keep up the good work :D

Static means their body remains static, but the characters move their head spontaneously, as if they were looking around. These kind of animations are to be used for promo material like screenshots, videos, but maybe even missions or campaigns. Like I've said, there were 2 big packs similar to what I'm doing, namely ICP and MODUL animations pack, so you can check those out while waiting for me to finish this :)

But who knows, maybe in the future I'll do some poper animations with full movement once I get some experience with this. ; )

• Like 1

Dude! These are brilliant :) I still use icp and modul but these are just stunning.

Perfect and super idea, i was missing this a lot in A3, i dont know how much i used the ones for A2 in its time... Great idea and keep it up.

The author of the SMK Animations is still very much active, the Author is Smookie. Who works for BIS and did the animations for Arma3 ;)

• Like 1

He also said he wont port SMK_Anims to Arma 3 :P I saw his post on forum somewhere.

He also said he wont port SMK_Anims to Arma 3 :P I saw his post on forum somewhere.

He did indeed, didn't take much to find it.

Unfrotunately I do not work on this project anymore. BTW please compare dates and check when running vault and bunnyhop were released :)

Very nice ! I have no experience about animations, can you activate them in the soldier's init line ? (like with on MCC sandbox when double clicking a unit as Zeus)

Well there are more ways to activate animations, I guess it should work that way too (I personally use triggers in editor).

Are you using ReShade or SweetFx for those screenshots?

I'm not using anything like that, I edit my screenshots in Photoshop as I usually do with real life photos I make :)

Excellent work both on the animation and Photographic grounds hahaha :)

Will there be looping animation or just literally 'static'?