skyace65

What's everyone's opinion on the campaign? (spoilers)

I think it's clear from the branching endings that CSAT doesn't care about Altis, the invasion was all about getting the device, which is implied to have been a joint British-Altian project. In the ending where Miller fails to get the device, CSAT extracts it and thus gives up on Altis. The second wave only happens in the ending where Miller gets the device and CSAT are left to assume that it's still on the Island.

CSAT didn't just invade during the campaign, they already had a presence on Altis for more than a year, at least since the events of the Bootcamp campaign. CSAT developed the device on Altis with the knowledge of the AAF, perhaps in exchange for helping them financially or materially with their war against the FIA. The British, or whoever Miller is working for, finds out about the device and Miller is sent to steal it (it's hinted in the FFV showcase mission that the FIA has discovered its existence well prior to the events of the East Wind campaign). It's also implied in 'Adapt' that Miller and the CTRG have been helping the FIA for a long time.

After NATO invades and repels the CSAT surprise attack, CSAT pretty much hangs back for the rest of the campaign, letting the AAF deal with NATO. This is presumably because testing of the device has been completed, and they dedicate their forces primarily to protecting it as NATO advances, rather than getting into unnecessary skirmishes with them. In the 'good' ending, CSAT has extracted the device, murdered all of the research staff and simply leaves the AAF to be defeated by NATO. In the Miller ending, they realise the device has been stolen and launch an all-out invasion in an attempt to get it back.

• Like 1

The device was made by CSAT BECAUSE it is on a Tempest, complete with CSAT Hex Camo. (That last one is kida dissapointing.Why not Urban like the CSAT specops or just black?)

I had hoped for a beefed up and more polished Harvest Red...But it since BIS has little will to enhance AI command in an SP environment, well this is what you get...

Harvest Red wasn't a good campaign.

Half the missions were Warfare...

Plus Manhattan - searching for one guy in the whole map, seriously?

I loved the campaign. Aside from the bugs/required side-reading to understand/get everything working...I really feel this is the first time a game has been straight forward and not lead the player along like a puppy through training mission after training mission and then scenario after scenario...

I spent at least 100 hours between Survive/Adapt and I was surprised to find Win just ends so quickly. I think BI could've been a bit better and made Game Over a little more enjoyable. I'd love to play through it as it sits but I've got two baby sons and work full time so it's just not possible to sit down and devote a good few hours to one mission with the hopes I won't get shot...

It would be cool just to roam the island and setup your own base camp, collect/rescue other soldiers and then harrass the enemy for supplies. You know, let YOU do the large scale decision making instead of having Miller do it all for you...

I unpacked the mission and looked at it in the mission editor. I can play it as it is through the editor but trying to compile it into a normal mission causes the game to give me a black screen and no sound...

Has anyone made a version of Game Over for extended play? Is that even legal or does it break the EULA?

Why should it break the EULA? if i remember correctly it exist all Campains also a Coop version from some dedicated modders.

/ €: Is the Asset loadout in the Missions Changed in the last patches? the Ammo Bearer is totaly gone now. ^^

Plan to replay the whole original campaign again on the latest Arma version to see how much the game involved during the past years.

I saw changes in the gameplay in mission "Beyond Recognition" already.

I really liked the Apex Campaign, especially the part where you can play with friends and other players.

I still haven't completed the original arma 3 campaign though, finally made it onto altis though.

Loved some things, really disliked others.

Positive: Nice pacing in the missions, good challenge: no mission really felt unfair or broken. Good tour around the island, with nice scenery to be seen all the time. There's freeform gameplay with the scouting missions, and objective based story missions inbetween hubs. Overall design of the assets helps the immersion. With the new sound design, the new features and assets it is even better.

Negative: Reason for CTRG being on Altis is pure schlock, like something out of a 1960s B movie or a pinball table theme. So many reasonable cyberpunk dangers to bring into play, and they picked what they picked? This broke the immersion for me quite a bit once I realized what was going on. ORBAT is useless: killing enemies in missions, or destroying or stealing equipment does nothing to this. Feels like it was meant to do something at one point and then left in when it was realized that it wasn't doable. Smells a bit like harvest red. This also goes for the scouting missions: the only thing this does is recover equipment, which is a nice bonus, but overall they feel pointless because they do nothing to the enemy.

Generally I liked it more than I did harvest red, or the Armed Assault campaigns. Still not quite OFP, but I think that campaign wouldn't fly today either.

• Like 1