Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Sorry we've been inactive lately, work has been busy but now we should have more spare time soon. We plan on doing another update after some testing, which will include a few small improvements and the ACE damage fixed.

 

In the meantime, I finally finished another silly video:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vid looks awesome!   I'm confident that many people such as me are waiting for the ace update so we can once again terrify our gamer groups with wonderful ace enabled.

 

Keep up the good work!  :rthumb:

 

 

SideNote:  You guys are really good at custom animations.  Ever think about contacting hcpookie and maybe give him some pointers on animating a Xenomorph for his Aliens mod?   Sidenote over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, accuracythruvolume said:

Vid looks awesome!   I'm confident that many people such as me are waiting for the ace update so we can once again terrify our gamer groups with wonderful ace enabled.

 

Keep up the good work!  :rthumb:

 

 

SideNote:  You guys are really good at custom animations.  Ever think about contacting hcpookie and maybe give him some pointers on animating a Xenomorph for his Aliens mod?   Sidenote over.

 

I love pookie and all his content full-homo of course, but the amazing animator Katie has very little spare time and creating custom animations takes a substantial amount of time so unfortunately we won't be able to help pookie in that regard. :P

 

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ryandombrowsky you are really good at making these dude. loving it! always liked how you use the arma 3 voices too.

 

please enter this into the video contest. i have two votes left and i'd definately give this one of them. already gave one to a friend (also his video was awesome) but there is so many videos and many of them bad (no offense to anyone) that i jsut can't look through all of them. so this way my votes don't go to waste.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this subject has already been posted. Does anybody consider a minimum spawn radius worthwhile? I've found myself defending against zombies in a fort, only to have them appear under our feet. Having a minimum spawn distance as well as the current maximum spawn distance would be quite handy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan, your mod turned out really nicely by now. So much appreciated. Thanks a thousand times for such an awesome mod! If I may contribute a tiny hint: How about adding an alternative animation for the walker zombie, maybe with his arms typically streched forward. Also seeing the ArmA 2 civilians as zombies would add a lot (thinking of the priest i.e.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi i try to edit a mission with this mod but i don't know how to use the deletion module its like that delete the spawner, so if im going in a town with a spawner inside the town i just need to go away and come back and there no zombies, there is a way to make the spawner not deleted by the delete module or respawn the spawner ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys can anyone tell me is there a way to make the Zombie spawner modules work more than once?

I'm building an in house zombie sandbox for my clan and while the spawners work wonderfully as the players move out of an area the zombies are set to despawn to save on server load. But when players re enter the area the spawnner doesn't re-spawn the zombies. The zombie spawners seem to be only a one time thing.

 

 

Is there a way to make the spawners work multiple times, or more importantly retrigger after players have left the area and re enter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please help im totally stuck in this scenario making thingy.
All of a sudden im getting these messages, and i realised that the zombies are barely damaging players or AI.
I changed the difficulty, but i dont know how to get rid of this horrible and annoying msg. Im trying to record gameplay but like this i cant.
Please help

edit:
Im trying to use it with ACE3. Probably thats the problem but it seemed to be fine before. Any way to get rid of the window at least? The problem is kinda sorted out because i set the damage output on the Zombies, but the windows blocks the view if im recording.
Thanks!

Edited by RagingBoneR
Lack of information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2017 at 1:43 PM, rekkless said:

Hey guys can anyone tell me is there a way to make the Zombie spawner modules work more than once?

I'm building an in house zombie sandbox for my clan and while the spawners work wonderfully as the players move out of an area the zombies are set to despawn to save on server load. But when players re enter the area the spawnner doesn't re-spawn the zombies. The zombie spawners seem to be only a one time thing.

 

 

Is there a way to make the spawners work multiple times, or more importantly retrigger after players have left the area and re enter?

 

Yeah its like that delete the spawner when is in pause, i find a way to solve this its to make the same amount of total zombie cap and alive cap for exemple 1000, put a horde size up to 20 and a respawn time for horde like 30 min, or a smaller horde size and respawn time like 5 zombies every 5 min, when they deleted the spawner still work if you come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this mod, actually i want to infect a alive civilian via script, to simulate a bitten guy has tranformed, but i havent idea how can do this thing, can anyone help?

 

Sorry about my english :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 09/03/2017 at 0:55 PM, anfo said:

Apologies if this subject has already been posted. Does anybody consider a minimum spawn radius worthwhile? I've found myself defending against zombies in a fort, only to have them appear under our feet. Having a minimum spawn distance as well as the current maximum spawn distance would be quite handy?

That's a good idea and could work well with spawners attached to players too. Will consider this!

 

On 12/03/2017 at 7:17 PM, cyclone83 said:

Ryan, your mod turned out really nicely by now. So much appreciated. Thanks a thousand times for such an awesome mod! If I may contribute a tiny hint: How about adding an alternative animation for the walker zombie, maybe with his arms typically streched forward. Also seeing the ArmA 2 civilians as zombies would add a lot (thinking of the priest i.e.).

Would be cool but our animator is working full time now and she doesn't have time unfortunately. :(

 

On 13/03/2017 at 11:03 AM, damsous said:

Hi i try to edit a mission with this mod but i don't know how to use the deletion module its like that delete the spawner, so if im going in a town with a spawner inside the town i just need to go away and come back and there no zombies, there is a way to make the spawner not deleted by the delete module or respawn the spawner ?

Deletion module just deletes each individual zombie if it gets too far from the selected side. The spawn module should still work when you go back.

 

On 17/03/2017 at 1:43 AM, rekkless said:

Hey guys can anyone tell me is there a way to make the Zombie spawner modules work more than once?

I'm building an in house zombie sandbox for my clan and while the spawners work wonderfully as the players move out of an area the zombies are set to despawn to save on server load. But when players re enter the area the spawnner doesn't re-spawn the zombies. The zombie spawners seem to be only a one time thing.

 

 

Is there a way to make the spawners work multiple times, or more importantly retrigger after players have left the area and re enter?

No, they can't do at the moment, sorry. I have done it before in old missions though. Perhaps I'll try incorporate it into the mod.

 

On 18/03/2017 at 5:21 AM, RagingBoneR said:

Please help im totally stuck in this scenario making thingy.
All of a sudden im getting these messages, and i realised that the zombies are barely damaging players or AI.
I changed the difficulty, but i dont know how to get rid of this horrible and annoying msg. Im trying to record gameplay but like this i cant.
Please help

Have you got -showscripterrors on the startup parameters? Remove that if you do and I don't think the error will show then. Otherwise, we're still working on fixing this.

 

On 26/03/2017 at 0:19 AM, logan83 said:

I love this mod, actually i want to infect a alive civilian via script, to simulate a bitten guy has tranformed, but i havent idea how can do this thing, can anyone help?

 

Sorry about my english :(

Enable civilian attacks and use the infection module.

 

Made another silly storyless video of zombie action :P

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ryandombrowsky but, i have to explain my self better :), in the mission,  im doing scene, where meet with your friend, but he is in the floor, he has bitten but still as a human you help him and in a exact moment he become in a zombie, need to be a transformation (need to be the same guy with the same clothes and inventory), thank you again for answe the question. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, logan83 said:

Thanks ryandombrowsky but, i have to explain my self better :), in the mission,  im doing scene, where meet with your friend, but he is in the floor, he has bitten but still as a human you help him and in a exact moment he become in a zombie, need to be a transformation (need to be the same guy with the same clothes and inventory), thank you again for answe the question. :) 

Okay, make sure you place an infection module and set the chance to 100%. You will also need a resurrection module to make him come back as a zombie. Try using this code to infect the civilian after those modules are placed:

if (man getvariable ["ryanzombiesinfected",0] == 0) then {[Man, EAST] execVM "\ryanzombies\infected.sqf";};
sleep 0.5;
Man setVariable ["ryanzombiesinfected",0.9,true];};

Man is the name of the civilian, EAST is the side the zombie will be on when he resurrects, and the 0.9 value means he'll be 90% infected. When he dies depends on how you set the infection rate. You can adjust all these to suit what you need.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so im making a zombies mission based of the battle of yonkers in the world war z book one of the things i am trying to do is make the zombies die only from headshots can anyone tell me how to make this happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/3/2017 at 6:39 AM, ryandombrowsky said:

Okay, make sure you place an infection module and set the chance to 100%. You will also need a resurrection module to make him come back as a zombie. Try using this code to infect the civilian after those modules are placed:


if (man getvariable ["ryanzombiesinfected",0] == 0) then {[Man, EAST] execVM "\ryanzombies\infected.sqf";};
sleep 0.5;
Man setVariable ["ryanzombiesinfected",0.9,true];};

Man is the name of the civilian, EAST is the side the zombie will be on when he resurrects, and the 0.9 value means he'll be 90% infected. When he dies depends on how you set the infection rate. You can adjust all these to suit what you need.

youre the boss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, KaiserWillhelmII said:

so im making a zombies mission based of the battle of yonkers in the world war z book one of the things i am trying to do is make the zombies die only from headshots can anyone tell me how to make this happen?

Hi dude, in older versions i see a option in the modules, but cant see the option now... maybe removed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roaming: Is it possible to enable this per-hoard instead of globally?

 

I'd love to have most roam, but small groups in buildings stay put.

 

Or alternately, be able to set a max roaming radius. 


Thanks for the mod!

 

-Doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2017 at 8:23 PM, KaiserWillhelmII said:

so im making a zombies mission based of the battle of yonkers in the world war z book one of the things i am trying to do is make the zombies die only from headshots can anyone tell me how to make this happen?

IIRC, there's a module that specifies that.

 

I don't have the game open at the moment, so I can't really tell you specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main problem with Zombie missions (this one included) is training the AI to make HEADSHOTS ONLY !  If someone was able to come up with such an addon this would add a huge amount to these games.  They don't have to be SUPER accurate, just avoid pumping whole clips into a zombie body and it doesn't go down!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/04/2017 at 6:04 AM, doc. caliban said:

Roaming: Is it possible to enable this per-hoard instead of globally?

 

I'd love to have most roam, but small groups in buildings stay put.

 

Or alternately, be able to set a max roaming radius. 


Thanks for the mod!

 

-Doc

Not possible at the moment, sorry. During the mission you could try setting the roaming variable (Ryanzombieslogicroam & Ryanzombieslogicroamdemon) to nil, and then back to 1 to re-enable it later on. But it will effect every zombie on the map when doing so.

 

11 hours ago, Maxwell(friendly) said:

Hey guys I made a tutorial for the Zombies and Demons mod for anyone who needs help using it, hope it helps :D

Nice video! Should help a lot of people. :) Just wanna let you know, there's no point in changing the placement radius on the modules, it won't do anything (except mess with the waypoint location as you noticed). :P Also, with the deletion module, the way you set that is by changing the "delete zombies radius" option (it's set to 1000m by default) - not the placement radius. Let's say you set it to 500, and Blufor not present. This will make any zombie who is more than 500m away from a Blufor unit delete. Other than that, thanks for making the tutorial, appreciate it! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×