Also the mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33696

This has really good anims but they stutter when they repeat. However I don't mind this atm.

Anyone know how to increase their health? and also explode thier heads? They die in one hit.

Would be good if maybe the flesh chunks and anims could get put into Ryans which is pretty seamless atm.

Also, the addition of them monster is pretty cool.

10 minutes ago, Suplextron said:

Also the mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33696

This has really good anims but they stutter when they repeat. However I don't mind this atm.

Anyone know how to increase their health? and also explode thier heads? They die in one hit.

Would be good if maybe the flesh chunks and anims could get put into Ryans which is pretty seamless atm.

Also, the addition of them monster is pretty cool.

Can we try to stay on topic, the other mod you have mentioned has nothing to do with this thread.

• Like 1

Ok so I’ve figured out the gibbing can be used aa part of bloodlust , but bloodlust doesn’t work on Ryan’s Zombies and Demons. 

So would it be possible to create a module that adds that to Ryan’s or an option in the settings module ?

im still confused as to what lord booka has done as the Zombies types aren’t from this 

59 minutes ago, Suplextron said:

Is this mod still being updated anymore?

The author of the thread last visited the forums 9th October 2017 - so likely not.

Ryan doesn't check the BI forums much (especially while logged in). He's more active on Steam.

We both have shifted our attention away from SQF scripting (with exception to Ryan's Z&D movie productions) and so there have been no updates for quite some time.

We consider the Z&D mod as still functional and feature rich, such that there's no need for any update, which could potentionally break things for the many users using the mod.

If an ArmA update does come out that renders the mod broken we will certainly try our best to update it. And perhaps we may release an update before that happens, only time will tell.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 3

Hi all,

First, thanks for this awesome mod i love it so much.

I was in the same situation of others, Zombies won't attack Civilian, but i found two way to make them attack again.

1) First one is a line of code to put in the init field of the civilian unit :

Put in the init field : 

this addRating -10000;

And it work well.

2) Second one will work for any spawned civilian by module or by the editor. You have to wrote the code in your mission folder, in the init.sqf :

EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 0];

*I use OPFOR spawned zombies*

OPFOR units will now attack all civilian units, and by the way, civilians are still able to wear all kind of uniforms.

It is all well explain with the official relationship table from BIS :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Side_relations

*scroll down to the friends table and the enemy table*

On Arma 3 engine, we can see that basically all faction are Friendly to Civilian. And Civilian are not friend with OPFOR, that mean Civilians will run away from OPFOR but OPFOR will not attack them.
Now scroll down to the enemy table.
Same here, the relationship is set that Civilian will be scared about OPFOR but nobody gonna attack them.

Hope this can help.

Katane.

Am I the only who has been experiencing pathfinding issues? Zombies just seem to quit and stand still if there is an obstacle or an elevated area. P.S. Am I not using any AI mods.

Hello, I just found possible bug which happen with this mod. If you land Blackfoot helicopter in location where zombies spawn, after 1st zombie spawn, heli jumps into air - like 50-100m

Hi, 

A new big problem appear, please, try to keep an eye on it. It's a few month i'm creating a big scenario and it's all messed up cuz of this bug.

In the spawner module, in the activation field, if you select "CIVILIAN PRESENT", zombies will appear anytime and start spawning at the begging of the mission. Creating huge lag and crash.

I tried playing as BLUFOR, OPFOR, INDEPENDANT, but the zombies spawner still spawn zombies all over the place.

It's like the "CIVILIAN PRESENT" work as "DEFAULT ALWAYS".

Any solution ? i would like to finish my mission as first as i can. It's so long i'm working on it.

Thanks to all.

I don't know if anyone else has come across a problem like this, but I'm having an issue with default Arma 3 event handlers.

player addEventHandler ["Hit", {
		//params ["_unit", "_selection", "_damage", "_hitIndex", "_hitPoint", "_shooter", "_projectile"];

if ((_this select 2) > .01) then {
			[_this select 2] execVM "thescript.sqf";
		}

}];

This works just fine for all forms of damage coming from base Arma 3, whether the player gets shot or blown up. However, when any of the zombies attack the player this doesn't trigger?

After some tests, it appear that the placed object trough the editor cause my spawning problem.

Every placed by player object seems to be detected as a CIVILIAN by the zombies spawner.

I'm trying to find a solution.

@haleks please disregard my request about integrating manually part of your Zeds function. This will not work with Ryan Zombies, despite all my efforts there is still a Ryan code loop for each zombie targeting, and it conflicts with your behaviors. I will thus work on manually supporting each mod, without stacking possible. Cheers!

Hello i found bug with this mod - Exilemod server with CUP terrains - map Chernarus. When zombies - those who spawns the way like crawling from ground - Blackfoot attack chopper jumps into air, only when landed as gunner with taken controls. Any other helicopters arma core + cup vehicles ones are ok.

Heli jumps if you land as gunner with taken controls. I tried many ways to get out from heli, but this bug is constant. I tried this sequence:

land, turn off engines, turn off take controls, wait for rotor to completely stop, get out - run for loot, then i came back to heli, zombie spawned 120m from heli and heli jumped 50m into air and boom.

If you land as pilot and zombie starts crawling from ground - heli will not jump, but takes 10-90% damage to many components.

Also i tried workaround - fly as gunner with taken controls, if i need to land in zone where are zombies spawning, i first land somewhere where isnt zombie spawn, i switch seat to pilot, then i fly where i want to land, BUT as i mentioned, heli takes dmg when zombie spawn.

Video of jumping Blackfoot when zombie spawn

I'm guessing some zombies (or their animations) have a weird collision shape, that would be why they can knock off a chopper without seemingly touching it.

But it looks like Z&D is no longer maintained though...

5 hours ago, Chimere said:

Hello i found bug with this mod - Exilemod server with CUP terrains - map Chernarus. When zombies - those who spawns the way like crawling from ground - Blackfoot attack chopper jumps into air, only when landed as gunner with taken controls. Any other helicopters arma core + cup vehicles ones are ok.

Heli jumps if you land as gunner with taken controls. I tried many ways to get out from heli, but this bug is constant. I tried this sequence:

land, turn off engines, turn off take controls, wait for rotor to completely stop, get out - run for loot, then i came back to heli, zombie spawned 120m from heli and heli jumped 50m into air and boom.

If you land as pilot and zombie starts crawling from ground - heli will not jump, but takes 10-90% damage to many components.

Also i tried workaround - fly as gunner with taken controls, if i need to land in zone where are zombies spawning, i first land somewhere where isnt zombie spawn, i switch seat to pilot, then i fly where i want to land, BUT as i mentioned, heli takes dmg when zombie spawn.

Video of jumping Blackfoot when zombie spawn

I tried to reproduce your issue using Z&D and only a few other mods.

I was unable to do so even with some silly test cases like landing the Blackfoot as gunner among a crowd of 50 now-spawning out-of-ground-crawling soldier zombies.

You're having the issue on an Exile server, which probably runs tons of mods. My guess is that one of those are contributing to the issue.

Video of one of the test cases

Kind regards,

Sanchez

11 hours ago, MrSanchez said:

I tried to reproduce your issue using Z&D and only a few other mods.

I was unable to do so even with some silly test cases like landing the Blackfoot as gunner among a crowd of 50 now-spawning out-of-ground-crawling soldier zombies.

You're having the issue on an Exile server, which probably runs tons of mods. My guess is that one of those are contributing to the issue.

Video of one of the test cases

Kind regards,

Sanchez

In the video you have pilot AI in your Blackfoot - if you have pilot or if you are pilot and land where zombies spawn, its ok - did you try to fly completely alone in the Blackfoot as gunner with taken controls?

Anyway, that exile server is one of the best optimized what i played - there are just few mods: zombies and demons, DMS missions, CUP vehicles / weapons, CBA_A3, extended base mod and optional Enhanced Movement and JSRS SOUNDMOD.

Also if i setup my local server, to have only zombies and demons mod and run chernarus cup map - i can reproduce it all the time :( Im flying with keyboard and using 2x ALT to enable free view camera, i rebinded power up (colector) to "Q" and power down to "E", using additional mouse buttons as pedals - in the past someone told me if i hold shift (for sprint) during getting out, heli will fly up - so i rebind it (also Q and E feels more natural for me :P), anyway this jump what you can see in my video looks exactly when something collides with heli model - i have 15 more videos with it, even from my local server

4 hours ago, Chimere said:

In the video you have pilot AI in your Blackfoot - if you have pilot or if you are pilot and land where zombies spawn, its ok - did you try to fly completely alone in the Blackfoot as gunner with taken controls?

Anyway, that exile server is one of the best optimized what i played - there are just few mods: zombies and demons, DMS missions, CUP vehicles / weapons, CBA_A3, extended base mod and optional Enhanced Movement and JSRS SOUNDMOD.

Also if i setup my local server, to have only zombies and demons mod and run chernarus cup map - i can reproduce it all the time :( Im flying with keyboard and using 2x ALT to enable free view camera, i rebinded power up (colector) to "Q" and power down to "E", using additional mouse buttons as pedals - in the past someone told me if i hold shift (for sprint) during getting out, heli will fly up - so i rebind it (also Q and E feels more natural for me :P), anyway this jump what you can see in my video looks exactly when something collides with heli model - i have 15 more videos with it, even from my local server

I replied to your comment on Youtube. I indeed also tested flying completely alone.

This is such an obscure issue, haha.

You said you could reproduce it on your local server. Is that without Exile running? If so, could you give me the list of mods you can reproduce it with (running on server and running locally) and the mission file if possible? Can be by PM if you wish.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

7 minutes ago, MrSanchez said:

I replied to your comment on Youtube. I indeed also tested flying completely alone.

This is such an obscure issue, haha.

You said you could reproduce it on your local server. Is that without Exile running? If so, could you give me the list of mods you can reproduce it with (running on server and running locally) and the mission file if possible? Can be by PM if you wish.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Sorry forgot to mention - exilemod, z&d, chernarus cup map - clear DB

hi,

love this mod, thnx for developing it.

... it is not without reason on top mods on all time.

is there any chance for a progress with it?

last update is long time ago. steam says: 28. may 2017!

hope we can get a newer one:

maybe with more zeus features, not only a zombie spawner

(all the features we have in 3den editor).

i would like to have dumber zombies, i mean if they lost sight

on me, they only walk to the last known loaction of me and then

afer a while roaming arround.

... and react more to hearing a thing.

... like the walkers in walking dead.

greetings

johnny

Having a bit of an issue here.

For the record, only using this mod and nothing else.

Zombies are not reacting to gunfire, only line of sight or to being shot at.

Tried to spawn them thru both a script and the spawner, and no difference.

Also tried by script in a last ditch attempts to give them terminator level spotting and hearing, yet nothing new, still not triggered by audible gunshot.

Any clue?

Using the workshop version.

Thanks.

I am currently working through what appears to be a conflict with MCC4.  Double-clicking the antivirus/injector is not passing through.

Can I trigger/script the antivirus effect in any other way?  This way I can simply script the Eden objects - or another object?

Many Thanks.

On 2/4/2019 at 7:36 AM, Machiya said:

I am currently working through what appears to be a conflict with MCC4.  Double-clicking the antivirus/injector is not passing through.

Can I trigger/script the antivirus effect in any other way?  This way I can simply script the Eden objects - or another object?

Many Thanks.

If you use ACE 3 as well this mod fixes the non working antivirus and injector while incorporating the pills and injector into your ACE menu

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1606871585&searchtext=zombies+and+demons

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rekkless said:

If you use ACE 3 as well this mod fixes

This is very useful !

Thank you very much rekkless !  :thumb: