13 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Hi @ryandombrowsky ! I am currently on Devbranch running ONLY your mod and I can't get the Zombies to attack Civilians. I am trying to accomplish a ground-zero like scenario where 1 zombie spawns from a spawner module and infects the available civilian AI. However, the zombies refuse to attack civilians and simply ignore their presence. I have checked the following: 

• Zombie settings module: Civilian attacks : ON
  • Zombie spawner module: Side : Tried with west, east, independent, same results.

What am I doing wrong?

The zombies spawn, attack blue/east (if set to ind faction), but never even glimpse at the civilians.

We noticed a flaw with the zombie civilian-targeting system a while ago but unfortunately we haven't been able to rewrite it just yet.

I have a suspicion your issue may be related, could you go into the editor and stand infront of one of the civilians that get ignored and type this into one of the the debug console's watch tabs: cursorObject isKindOf "Civilian" and see if the output is false?

If it is indeed false, try placing down one of the altis (generic) civilians with shorts and see if the zombies do attack those. 

If you don't want to that's fine, in that case just let me know which (subtype/subfaction) of civilians you're using that get ignored.

I had some time tonight to investigate the issue with civilians and it seems that it's caused by the OPFOR AI not 'knowing' the civilian units. Their knowledge of units can be tested using the knowsAbout/targetKnowledge commands.

Atleast some knowledge of the civilian units is required for zombies to attack them, hence why the zombies right now straight up ignore them.

The only quick workaround I can think of right now is to write some loop that reveals the civilians to the zombies, but that is obviously a very tacky hack. 

I'm not quite sure why the zombies do not have knowledge of the civilians by default, this definitely used to be the case (it worked when we made this system). Perhaps a BI update changed things.

We do no longer give out update ETAs so I'm afraid you'll either have to come up with a workaround or otherwise abandon the idea until we publish another update.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by MrSanchez
investigated.

9 hours ago, MrSanchez said:

We do no longer give out update ETAs so I'm afraid you'll either have to come up with a workaround or otherwise abandon the idea until we publish another update.

Thank you for a very elaborate answer. I'm not proficient in arma scripting so I will have to wait for an update.

I also remember they used to attack civilians just fine, just figured I was doing it wrong ?

@MrSanchez hello there, i want to ask something really important. i have mission with zombie and demons mod the question is simple, did someone know how can i disable VCOMAI on dynamically spawned zombie units? i spawn them via module, i tried to place this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; but of course this is not going to work on dynamically spawned zombies, how can disable vcomai on module or zombies a don't know...

Hey Zombie lovers...

Has anyone brought up  crazy mikes zombie classnames / models in to this mod yet? I did not go too far back in the thread. But..... Would be cool to have more zombie models with axes and knives etc stuck in their bodies....

Please give it some thought. Thanks !!

Its on the Steam workshop for Arma 3 as C M zombies.. But my search did not locate it that way.   I just searched zombies and scrolled down.

Below is a link to his zombie mod classnames. I believe for the spawner to pull his zombies you need to replace the classnames.

https://pastebin.com/q7EkySAJ

• Like 1

Hi people,

I am much enjoying the zombies & demons mod and the headgore mod aswell! I have encountered two problems though:

1. Zombies don't attack the civilians.

2. How to setup the antiviral sjizzle into ACE3?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Groove

When I change clothes of zombie (use addForceUniform), it is not moving. Will be this solved, or is there at least some workaround?

I've been wondering. Does this mod allow "infection scenario"? With that I mean that you spawn a zombie somewhere (1-3 guys) and they attack a population living in villages and towns. When they kill the civilian, body gets deleted and script spawns a new zombie from that dead civilian? And they continue to roam around the map until the QRF units doesn't contain the outbreak and eliminate all of the infected on the map.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:41 AM, Mr. Groove said:

Hi people,

I am much enjoying the zombies & demons mod and the headgore mod aswell! I have encountered two problems though:

1. Zombies don't attack the civilians.

2. How to setup the antiviral sjizzle into ACE3?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Groove

I think the zombies not attacking civilians has something to do with the engine and how sides are setup.

Blu/red/green forces are coded not to do so, and if they do, they end up being attacked by their own teammates who now see them as enemies.

Something like that would have to be scripted in without bogging things down on the optimization side.

Gents, I am trying to call a code/script from every killed Z:

(quote from the Simple Shops forum

Function: It rewards the "single" players for every kill they make (random money count on each kill) + it counts the kills (if ur using a statusbar, u can add a kill's status)

Ryan zombie: Open up ryan zombie's mod, locate: fn_preInit, Search for line 168:  RZ_fnc_zombie_onDeath_exec = { };

Between those brackets place this:

params["_unit","_killer"]; if(isPlayer _killer) then { _arr=[8,9,10,11,12,13,14]; // Money range _Func=selectRandom _arr; // Random Money [_Func,0] remoteExecCall ["HG_fnc_addOrSubCash",(owner _killer),false]; // Add money [0,1] remoteExecCall ["HG_fnc_addOrSubKills",(owner _killer),false]; // Add kills };

(unquote)

I enter it and it looks like this:

//

RZ_fnc_zombie_onDeath_exec = {params["_unit","_killer"];

if(isPlayer _killer) then

{
             _arr=[8,9,10,11,12,13,14];                                                         // Money range
             _Func=selectRandom _arr;                                                           // Random Money
             [_Func,0] remoteExecCall ["HG_fnc_addOrSubCash",(owner _killer),false];            // Add money
             [0,1] remoteExecCall ["HG_fnc_addOrSubKills",(owner _killer),false];               // Add kills
            };}; // allows users to add code here if they wish to add events upon zombie deaths (such as extra points, notifications, et cetera) - run in unscheduled environment.

//

and i get the following message: 

"Data file too short 'E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma3\!Workshop\@Zombies and Demons\addons\ryanzombies.pbo'. expected 1496017635 B, got 46424687 B"

I have made a local copy (not using the cache version in !Workshop) but i still get this message.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Edited by Vandeanson
pasted a slightly wrong version of the script, corrected now. PS: I beliefe now that not the script is the problem but the way that I amend the mod..
  • Like 1

Line Of Sight Check

Had a few go's at adding LOS check but either the spawned zed group all aggro together or all spawned zeds aggro  not what was intended, while breaking LOS can send the zeds back to roaming at times.

Has anybody else managed to add a working LOS check and willing to share....

I'm using a edited version of ExileZ v2.0 for Epoch which works bloody well.

On 12/10/2017 at 8:55 PM, icebreakr said:

I've been wondering. Does this mod allow "infection scenario"? With that I mean that you spawn a zombie somewhere (1-3 guys) and they attack a population living in villages and towns. When they kill the civilian, body gets deleted and script spawns a new zombie from that dead civilian? And they continue to roam around the map until the QRF units doesn't contain the outbreak and eliminate all of the infected on the map.

In case no one answered by PM, then yes, absolutely. You can also choose the speed of the Zs that spawn from those killed. For example on my server, the Zs are slow but those raised when killed are fast (because they are fresher)

Anyone else having issues with players not being able to use Virus pills or injectors when running ACE? For some reason when you double click on the items nothing happens. It started happening a little while after an ArmA update.

4 hours ago, rekkless said:

Anyone else having issues with players not being able to use Virus pills or injectors when running ACE? For some reason when you double click on the items nothing happens. It started happening a little while after an ArmA update.

I have ACE on my Epoch server and anti-virus pills and injectors are still working.

Hi everyone,

I love this mod, but cannot seem to find any documentation for it! A couple questions:

1) Is there any way to disable any effects of a zombie successfully hitting you (screen pulsing with slight fade, "ugghh" sounds made by the player, etc.)? I'd like to provide the player with a tool that makes them "invulnerable" to zombies for a short period of time.

2) Is there a way to spawn zombies by script? When I try something like

"RyanZombie16Opfor" createVehicle getPos player;

it spawns the zombie half-buried in the ground and it doesn't do anything (see image below). (EDIT: figured this one out, have to use "createUnit" instead of "createVehicle").

3) Is there a way to script a zombie to run away from you? I'd like to provide the player with "Zombie Repellant" to that makes the zombies run away when used.

Thanks!

wu4pTyJ.png

is there a way to make a player unit start the game infected by script?

@chronicsilence you could probably use "setcaptive" to make them ignore you, but that is not quite the same as repellant. otherwise you could have a script on the player that fetch all zombie units in a radius and assign them move commands away from you. not sure how well it will work though with the AI being what it is.

@MrSanchez

Hi again. You've probably thought of it already, but in case you figure out some way to make the zombies target civilians again, the 'newly introduced' "Civilian presence" module would probably work very well with the zombies. They populate areas of player choice and react by running away from threats, hide and look more chaotic. :)

I found a problem using VCOM AI with RYANZOMBIES.

When a player shoots, the zombies run away or lie down, instead of being focused only on eating your brain.

Is there a way to solve this problem Sanchez?

Thanks,

Mr. Groove

On 1/27/2018 at 5:17 AM, Mr. Groove said:

I found a problem using VCOM AI with RYANZOMBIES.

When a player shoots, the zombies run away or lie down, instead of being focused only on eating your brain.

Is there a way to solve this problem Sanchez?

Thanks,

Mr. Groove

I think you can set  VCOM AI to turn OFF for the IND faction or OPF faction so assign the zombies that side and try your mission again.

Hello, is there a way to adjust the dead body deletion time so that dead zombies get deleted sooner? This would be good for improving game performance when there's a lot of zombies on screen.

Hello,

I just had a thought for an option that might be fun to add.

What if zombies would resurrect after being killed (if not killed by a headshot). They could come back weaker each time though. Suppose they start as fast zombies -> get killed -> resurrect as medium speed zombies -> resurrect as slow zombies -> get killed... stay dead.

It could be fun, particularly with a module that can determine how long they stay dead (with some randomization)... it could lead to situations where one may want to go through a recently re-dead horde and pull out a pistol and headshot all the corpses, because they may revive again in a few minutes.

hi there. i hoped you could help me. i am running a dedicated server on a laptop at home for exile. i am using the latest exile mod for client and server as of the date of this message. i have dms and occupation along with advanced towing,  traveling trader and admintoolkit. these all work perfectly. the problem i have is that i am also trying to run zombies and demons, rzinfection and exilez 2. everything works great apart from that when an ai (eg occupation survivor) is hit (chance 100% infection) or killed by zombies, they never resurrect. I have tried putting zombie and demons under both mod and servermod parameters in start batch file. i have made certain that the addons are listed in mission.sqm. i have even tried using both z&d's version 4.6 and 5.0 (making sure that both client and server have the same). nothing seems to make any difference. any help would be greatly appreciated as i have been reading page after page online for the past few days and i'm getting nowhere ... fast.

thanks,

adam

Who knows how to fix this problem?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, pioneer said:

Who knows how to fix this problem?

I see nothing wrong in that video!

• Haha 1

How does his mod modify the zombies? They have better animations when shot and flesh chunks fly.

What's missing is his spawner is awkward to customise. anyone know how to make their heads explode?