Hmm root of ace? because I simply cannot find it... I know I come of as a little set back, but I'm quite puzzled.

< pic >

Nope not really, root of Z&D.

fljGryXF.jpg

Ok that helped a lot! =)

Next noobish question - I suppose everyone needs to do this change if they want to join my (local) server?

It fixed it! 

Thank you for the help - both of you!

Probably, unless everyone waits for this: 

Hey guys.

Me and Ryan have basically taken a break from more or less the internet in the last month, this break is now mostly over and we're resuming work. 

A few weeks ago the entire zombie mod has been rewritten (in a way that is backward compatibility).

We've optimized various things and the ACE damage issue was already fixed. Due to the rewrite, we will have to test all of our features extensively again and this will take some time.

It is a priority of mine to get this new update rolled out before Halloween this month. Best case scenario it could even be within a week.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I saw that one - and the updates on this mod have been cool - but I have a zeus session monday and needed a quick fix, so I'm really thankful!

Did anyone try disabling medical system in ACE, does it work then? We have a zombie squadnight tommorow night 2100 CET :/

Is the error still present with newly released ACE?

Just a question and or maybe an idea to add,,,, is there a way to suppress or cure the infection ? Seems like there is no items with the mod that I'm able to find..

AWESOME MOD Ryan!!!!!!!!!!!!

And is there a tutorial on the mechanics of how to fully use this mod to its fullest ?

Same question as blockade. I can find the pills and injector but I am unable to use them?

You should be able to use the pills and injector by double tapping them in your inventory. It is possible that some mods may overwrite that inventory behaviour, I had reports of Exile doing so in the past.

Only if you disable the medical system by deleting ace_medical.pbo you'd be able to revert to the old damage. I'm not even sure whether that's possible though.

Alternatively, if you have a private repo/redistribution for your squad, you can go a few pages back and use the hotfix posted by someone and push that through your repo. Me and Ryan will have another testing session tomorrow but I don't think we'll be ready to push out an update by then.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

You should be able to use the pills and injector by double tapping them in your inventory. It is possible that some mods may overwrite that inventory behaviour, I had reports of Exile doing so in the past.

Only if you disable the medical system by deleting ace_medical.pbo you'd be able to revert to the old damage. I'm not even sure whether that's possible though.

Alternatively, if you have a private repo/redistribution for your squad, you can go a few pages back and use the hotfix posted by someone and push that through your repo. Me and Ryan will have another testing session tomorrow but I don't think we'll be ready to push out an update by then.

Kind regards,

Sanch

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Are the items in ammo boxes ? I have no clue where to find them, and I'm running vanilla for the most part in those regards,, just CUP Terrains, Esseker, and MCC..

I just have no clue where the items should be.

Thank you for your response :)

Sorry for the double quote *sigh*

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot and forgot about the search field in the editor :D

You should be able to find them on the Virtual Arsenal in the same tab where stuff like mine detectors are found iirc. Eden editor loadout manager should have them as well under the items tab.

There's no boxes that have them by default though.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

hello guys, just a small question..

i ve searched a lot but didn t found, i m making a sp sandbox and everythings running well, but i don t know how to stop zombies attacking other zombies ??

a little help?

Hello RyanDombrowsky.
I can't seem to delete dead zombies no matter whether I use your module for it or a script, or by using the BIS function,,,,, soooo I'm lost brother..
Any help or insight would be appreciated..

Cheers!

Hey there,

i have a little problem with the zombies while building a little zeus template. Most of the time everything works fine, zombies crawl out of the ground, their heads explode and so on.

but as soon as i host the mission on a dedicated server, the heads of the zombies spawned by zeus wont explode and jumping zombies die as soon as they land. Zombies, which are spawned on the dedicated via a spawner module work as they should..

I know, that this is not an important thing, but its much more fun to see exploding heads :D

any suggestions how to fix this?

Hey there,

i have a little problem with the zombies while building a little zeus template. Most of the time everything works fine, zombies crawl out of the ground, their heads explode and so on.

but as soon as i host the mission on a dedicated server, the heads of the zombies spawned by zeus wont explode and jumping zombies die as soon as they land. Zombies, which are spawned on the dedicated via a spawner module work as they should..

I know, that this is not an important thing, but its much more fun to see exploding heads :D

any suggestions how to fix this?

We don't really remember this bug being reported before but we found it while testing a few days ago. Apparently that bug has been there since head popping was introduced :O

I managed to fix the problem though :) The Z&D mod is now being tested in my community.

We should be ready for a release very soon ^-^

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Hello, I'm editing a missions for my squad for Halloween, I used the zombiespawn, but when zombies spawn they attack other zombies... :blink:

Players are Indep, and CIV.  Zombies are opfor civilian. 

Where is my error?

Thanks for that great mod!

Hey guys, I was wondering if the new update with fixed ace medical thingy will be out before this weekend? I was hoping to use this mod for our special halloween event but we use ACE as well.

EDIT: nevermind...just found the post where u said u want it to be out before halloween.

• Like 2

Any hopes we'll be seeing the ACE3 damage fixed for the weekend? A lot of the communities I know have already dropped this for any possible Halloween events (which is a huge shame), but I still want to wait a bit more before declaring it a lost cause.

• Like 1

Unfortunately we won't make the halloween deadline, which is a shame, especially for all the communities using ACE3.

For the past month or so we've been working on rewriting the >entire< mod including folder structure, yet keeping everything backward compatible to not break previously created missions.

It is taking us far longer than expected to test and review all the niche features of our mod that have been affected by this change.

Extra note:

To be honest, mentioning deadlines for modifications is hardly ever a good idea. That's why 90% of mod projects simply don't do it. Modding is a hobby after all, we don't get paid for it, we still have work/education,etc.

When dealing with a hobby there's too many things that can take precedence that could cause a deadline to be missed and let people down. (In fact, it's not allowed on these forums to even ask when an update is going to come out, iirc.)

So my apologies for setting up a deadline in the first place, Halloween would've been perfect though :)

In regards to when the update is going to be now, all I can say is soon  :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 5

RIPthere goes my dreams

Hehe, sorry for the dreams :P 

One does not simply rush out a mod update if there's at least 300.000 people using it. Needs to be perfect ;)

here's a crazy idea guys. don't use ACE medical for that one halloween play session.

• Like 2

here's a crazy idea guys. don't use ACE medical for that one halloween play session.

On our side... they dont know that they will encounter zombies.... I got 30 guys going on a regular mission tonight. I want the effect of surprise when they see the opfor getting eaten alive. They dont even know how the vanilla revive work ;)

Problem is our modset is heavily entwined with all of ACE

Just want to thank you for producing an amazingly entertaining mod. Weve just finished our halloween session and one of the missions ended with the last survivor getting into a getaway helicopter only to get a nearby truck thrown at it. +10 absolutely amazing! :D

L38D94O.jpg

• Like 2

Just finished up our horror Zues op. After investigation turning into survival, the local police of Tanoa managed to catch the last bird out. It was pretty epic, minus the AI deciding to crash into a mountain.

It actually let me do some pretty extensive testing with Zues and the zombies, I found a few things that I could consider request more then features and findings.

• Make "wondering" behavior get disabled when given a move way point. I found the AI take there sweet time when simply moving to a location before spotting players in this state. But then again I enjoyed dropping them in towns and letting them scatter.
  • Give me option to bash cars and jump when remote controlling zombies. 
  • The resurrected zombies don't get deleted with the zombie module, and they can't be deleted by zues even in a edit state. 
  • Maybe a Feast Zues module? Something that will just make zombies wounder and eat dead bodies (aside from them actually killing the units)
  • Anti-Viral supply crate, just a skinned crate full of the stuff would be nice.

Edit: If you don't mind could you publish on this forum the transparent logo you use for your mod? I like to post them in the mission previews so people like the zues, faction, ect. Would like to include yours in my mission!