It's really fun to make and play missions with this mod.

We use it sometimes in my community when we want some change of scenery and just have fun with some zombies.

Really great job, Ryan and crew, so many amazing features and settings allows for so many fun scenarios. And amazing job on the animations and sounds, really impressive.

• Like 1

Is it actually possible to prevent zombies from crouching/proning? Can this be done? They do it in Ravage too, it's pointless and extremely annoying...

Is it actually possible to prevent zombies from crouching/proning? Can this be done? They do it in Ravage too, it's pointless and extremely annoying...

We recently found that AI mods that affect AI behaviour can cause our zombies to e.g. crouch. Our zombies don't have a crouching animation (it's impossible for them to crouch!) causing them to seize up whenever they're told to crouch, resulting in them standing still, creepily watching you.

This bug has been fixed only two days ago, zombies are unable to glitch into crouch anymore.

Regarding zombie prone, I haven't seen a zombie go prone yet but I reckon it's another AI mod causing it, we may add a similar check to (optionally) prevent zombies from going prone, since our zombies do keep the a3 prone animation.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Dear Devs, do you think for the next version you could put in an option to disable the zombie faces (to just use vanilla faces) I'm using Zombies and Demons with Exile and whenever the zombie dies the head/face flashes and flickers like it's changing the texture, it looks kind of bad like that, I wouldn't mind having regular faces if it improves this some, could you make just an option for it please?

Edit: Or maybe I can do this already using _face, _facearray, _ngface, setface or something? I'll try it out.

I've never noticed this myself but I'd say the cause is the glowing eyes. If the zombie has glowing eyes it'll change it's face to the non-glowing version when it dies. Keeping glowing eyes disabled should prevent it.

emton, not a bad idea. Hopefully there's an easy way or script to figure out if the zombies path is blocked like that. If so we'll try include this.

We recently found that AI mods that affect AI behaviour can cause our zombies to e.g. crouch. Our zombies don't have a crouching animation (it's impossible for them to crouch!) causing them to seize up whenever they're told to crouch, resulting in them standing still, creepily watching you.

This bug has been fixed only two days ago, zombies are unable to glitch into crouch anymore.

Regarding zombie prone, I haven't seen a zombie go prone yet but I reckon it's another AI mod causing it, we may add a similar check to (optionally) prevent zombies from going prone, since our zombies do keep the a3 prone animation.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

*facepalm* of course, it's the AI enhancement mods! ACE and VCOM are the ones I use, and I used bCombat up until very recently. Don't know why that didn't occur to me... or, for that matter, why I even run AI enhancement mods when using Z&D... duly noted!

Only thing I wish for now is a way to alter non-zombie AI behavior... perhaps this could be a separate mod? I don't mean to pressure you sorry, I'd just love to be able to play Z&D with an AI fireteam. Thank you again for this wonderful mod :) Would it be possible to have zombies bash/scratch against vehicles even when the ability to throw vehicles is disabled? From what I've noticed, ATM they kind of circle the vehicle.

I've never noticed this myself but I'd say the cause is the glowing eyes. If the zombie has glowing eyes it'll change it's face to the non-glowing version when it dies. Keeping glowing eyes disabled should prevent it.

emton, not a bad idea. Hopefully there's an easy way or script to figure out if the zombies path is blocked like that. If so we'll try include this.

Thanks for your reply, about the faces, well I got glowing eyes turned off and the exploding heads turned on now so I don't notice texture changes as much when they die (because their whole head explodes usually (really cool effect too)), but it can still be seen when the LOD changes, like when you zoom in (might be less apparent if you have farther object detail (or later after the textures get loaded into memory) maybe even less apparent playing on local/lan, so just thinking if you could disable the custom faces it might save some performance or reduce some loading pause/stutter or texture flicker etc

I just have two more small points:

1. If possible make sure the zombies are oblivious to mines, it seems like they know what mines are and try to walk around them. Well it's much more fun gameplay when you can use mines against them and they shouldn't really know what mines are. Sometimes you can use them but it has to be like a narrow corridor. Edit: Oh I might be mistaking about this I'm not sure.

2. One more option: Zombiesdontclimbladders, if they'd be climbing a ladder instead have them go to the roaming, I've found this is another easy way to cheese kill them just stand with a LMG and shoot them as they climb up the ladder, again if they're roaming you'd be wasting a lot of ammo.

Well I'm not much of a coder but I spend a lot of time play testing this with Exile it's really fun I almost got all the gameplay balanced but these are some loopholes I found just letting you know thanks

Hi Guys, has anyone been able to add a more complicated AI or is there a way to do this? I'd like to be able to max difficulty my zeds but be able to hide from them?

I did try to override the current AI with Artemis but failed pretty miserably lol

Thanks

XMortX

Hey guys

Since Z&D 4.5 this mod has stopped working with ZISHC (Zeus Integration with Servers and Headless Client) which spawns all units on a dedicated server instead on the Zeus's machine.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188769-zeus-integration-with-servers-and-headless-client/

As I'm sure you guys are well aware when playing a Zeus mission any units spawned by Zeus are actually spawned on the Zeus players machine not the dedicated server. And as you can understand this is a massively inefficient way of handling AI not to mention with resource heavy Z&D it is very important that all zombies are spawned on the dedicated server and use its resources.

Anyway since Z&D 4.5 no zombies will spawn in when using this mod. Keep in mind ZISHC hasn't been updated or changed anything and ALL other factions and AI mods still work (we currently use RHS, Project Opfor, RDS Civilian pack, FAP Units and sometimes CUP Units) it is currently only Z&D that won't work.

Now I know ZISHC use event handlers to spawn the AI on the server, have to changed anything significant to your event handlers since 4.5? Either way it would be freaking awesome if we could get these two mods working together again as it was the only way we could spawn in large zombie hordes with a lot of players without crippling the experience for players.

Hi Guys, has anyone been able to add a more complicated AI or is there a way to do this? I'd like to be able to max difficulty my zeds but be able to hide from them?

I did try to override the current AI with Artemis but failed pretty miserably lol

Thanks

XMortX

We've done quite a few things to the mod lately, including a line-of-sight check, meaning it'll be possible to lose zombies now after some time :)

Hey guys

Since Z&D 4.5 this mod has stopped working with ZISHC (Zeus Integration with Servers and Headless Client) which spawns all units on a dedicated server instead on the Zeus's machine.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188769-zeus-integration-with-servers-and-headless-client/

As I'm sure you guys are well aware when playing a Zeus mission any units spawned by Zeus are actually spawned on the Zeus players machine not the dedicated server. And as you can understand this is a massively inefficient way of handling AI not to mention with resource heavy Z&D it is very important that all zombies are spawned on the dedicated server and use its resources.

Anyway since Z&D 4.5 no zombies will spawn in when using this mod. Keep in mind ZISHC hasn't been updated or changed anything and ALL other factions and AI mods still work (we currently use RHS, Project Opfor, RDS Civilian pack, FAP Units and sometimes CUP Units) it is currently only Z&D that won't work.

Now I know ZISHC use event handlers to spawn the AI on the server, have to changed anything significant to your event handlers since 4.5? Either way it would be freaking awesome if we could get these two mods working together again as it was the only way we could spawn in large zombie hordes with a lot of players without crippling the experience for players.

I looked into ZISHC and the thread, you mentioned in June that the zombies were in fact deleted upon spawn (as intended by ZISHC) but were never recreated. The eventhandlers ZISHC uses are scripted ones which are added once an object is placed in Zeus, so it has nothing to do with our config eventhandlers (of which we have only two - Init & one to disable CBA execution).

First thing popped up in my head would be group amount limit, ArmA 3 still has a limitation of 144 groups max in one game. If you spawn 72 zombies and delete them - it'll take a bit for their groups to be deleted. If you spawn another 72 right after (on HC for example) then you've hit the max. Though I assume you've tested this while spawning only one zombie at a time or so so it's unlikely that is the problem. (although a count allGroups wouldn't hurt).

Originally when you sent this I thought that it was going to be about the zombies not moving after recreation, thinking of reasons why that would happen is easier than thinking of reasons why a direct request to spawn an unit by createUnit is not working.

If you know anyone that has a bit of modding/scripting experience, ask him to add diag_log debug messages to ZISHC at various stages of the scripts to see where the Z&D part is stopping. That'd be helpful. I won't be able to do it myself, I simply don't have the time.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Cheers Sanchez

That is how ZISHC works as units (any unit) is spawned in with Zeus it is immediately deleted (using event handlers I guess) and then respawned on the server. Pretty simple really that keeps load off the server as well. Best thing with it is every 10th unit isn't spawned on the server but on another players machine further sharing the load across the entire network.

Unfortunately Z&D is the only mod that won't re-spawn upon initial deletion. Well at least since 4.5, all previous versions worked a treat.

I've test the mods with no other units present in the game (just me as Zeus) so it can't be the max units. Also again this was never a problem with previous version of Z&D or with any other AI faction.

I'll pass this thread onto flyinpenguin and see if he can make anything of it and start a dialog. As when you start saying "add diag_log debug messages to ZISHC at various stages of the scripts to see where the Z&D part is stopping." Is the exact limit of my ability.

So we did the long version, turned out be really hard :) Kinder funny. Thank again for the mod.

Hey I have zombie deletion actriviated however I'd like a zombie demon named "demon1" I'd like not to be deleted until killed how do I do that?

Any help will be appreciated :)

Hi all,

I have just downloaded this awesome looking mod. For some reasons I can't see the Zombies in the Editor. The addon seems to be loading, when I start the game. Some Zombie icons and settings are available, but when I want to add a faction, there are no zombies to choose :(

Does somebody has any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Mike

Hello :)

1- what zombies addon when they wrote "New Zombies" on CCG server please ? look they move run different...

a video :

2- on the same video where to found the "Dogs Zombies" they have on there server ?

thank you ryan and other for your answers

Hello :)

1- what zombies addon when they wrote "New Zombies" on CCG server please ? look they move run different...

a video :

2- on the same video where to found the "Dogs Zombies" they have on there server ?

thank you ryan and other for your answers

I had a chat with the lad a bit ago. They use a completely separate addon created in-house. They assured me absolutely no content of Z&D was used, so for more information, find their website I guess.

is the Z&D broke? every time the zombie respawn they don't move.

Don't know what mods you're running or what mission but it's possible that something's causing the zombies to crouch which will make them freeze in place at the moment. This is already fixed in a next update.

thank you MrSanchez ;)

regarding the Zombie Dogs its the same answer did only by them and for them ?

:)

I got a question, is there any way to stop the zombies from walking through edior placed objects, such as fences and walls? I'm having real issues with it atm. Also, i'd like to talk to you in private, if you're okay with that? It's about something i'm working on :)

Hi,

I have just purchased a server and installed Exile and found this Mod that looks really awsome. I think I played it once on an other server. I have installed everything according to the settings recommended, the only issue i am getting are the zombies are not spawning, when they do they are invisible?? Would you guys have an idea of what is needed for it to work?

Tested with and without @RyanZombies on my computer. I am also not using a dedicated server.

I don't know if these errors are related, but I also get these errors in my RPT.

*UPDATE: We are now able to see the zombies without any problem, works really well. Still get these errors.

5:28:44 Loading movesType CfgGesturesMale

5:28:44 Error: Bone cheek_lf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone nose_tip doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_uplb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone jaw_ls doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_uplf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_lc doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_lwlb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_lwlf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone jaw_lm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone zig_lb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_lwm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_upm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone ear_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone corr doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone tongue_m doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone tongue_f doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eyebrow_lb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eyebrow_lf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eyebrow_lm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone zig_lm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eye_upl doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eye_lwl doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone cheek_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone cheek_lb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone zig_lt doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone nose_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone cheek_lm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone nose_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone forehead_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone forehead_m doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone forehead_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone cheek_rb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eye_lwr doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone cheek_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone zig_rt doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone zig_rm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone cheek_rf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone cheek_rm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eyebrow_rm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eyebrow_rf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eye_upr doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone eyebrow_rb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone tongue_b doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone ear_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone neck_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_uprf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone neck_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_uprb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_rc doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_lwrb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone lip_lwrf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:44 Error: Bone neck_b doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone zig_rb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone neck_t doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_rf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_lf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone chin doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_rm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_rs doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone headcutscene doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone cheek_lf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone nose_tip doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_uplb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_ls doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_uplf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_lc doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_lwlb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_lwlf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_lm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone zig_lb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_lwm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_upm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone ear_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone corr doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone tongue_m doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone tongue_f doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eyebrow_lb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eyebrow_lf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eyebrow_lm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone zig_lm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eye_upl doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eye_lwl doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone cheek_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone cheek_lb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone zig_lt doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone nose_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone cheek_lm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone nose_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone forehead_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone forehead_m doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone forehead_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone cheek_rb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eye_lwr doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone cheek_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone zig_rt doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone zig_rm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone cheek_rf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone cheek_rm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eyebrow_rm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eyebrow_rf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eye_upr doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone eyebrow_rb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone tongue_b doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone ear_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone neck_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_uprf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone neck_r doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_uprb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_rc doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_lwrb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone lip_lwrf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone neck_b doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone zig_rb doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone neck_t doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_rf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_lf doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone chin doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_rm doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw_rs doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone jaw doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 Error: Bone headcutscene doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

5:28:45 MovesType CfgGesturesMale load time 320 ms

5:28:45 Loading movesType CfgMovesMaleSdr

5:28:50 Warning: looped for animation: a3\anims_f_epa\data\anim\sdr\cts\hubcleaned\sittingchair\hubsittingchaira_idle1.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: hubsittingchaira_idle1

5:28:52 MovesType CfgMovesMaleSdr load time 7204 ms

Thanks,

BiNoX

Hi. Ryan i am infected what should i do?

Strong cough, seizures and I see bad.

Found injection anti virus and pills but how to use this?

Hi. Ryan i am infected what should i do?

Strong cough, seizures and I see bad.

Found injection anti virus and pills but how to use this?

Double click on them in your inventory.

Hi Ryan can we check somehow if the total zombies cap of spawner module ended up?

Are the total zombies cap stored somewhere?

Thanks