Hello! First I would like to thank you for this phenomenal mod!

So is there a possibility to add support for people to customize zombie uniform with virtual arsenal? Anims seems to be bugged when done so. (E.G AAF zombie,CTRG Zombie)

Good day!

Hello! First I would like to thank you for this phenomenal mod!

So is there a possibility to add support for people to customize zombie uniform with virtual arsenal? Anims seems to be bugged when done so. (E.G AAF zombie,CTRG Zombie)

Good day!

It is not possible to customize zombie uniforms without changing the config.

It is not possible to customize zombie uniforms without changing the config.

Oh, that's a shame. Understandable. Thanks for informing me!

I'm not actually a massive fan of most modern zombie games, but Zombies & Demon's definitely takes the cake as my favourite, not to mention it's quick and easy to set up a zombie infestation.  (I spent over 12 hours last week just brutalising zombies with a Little Bird because it was just so much fun. =))  I especially like the fact that it doesn't "cheat" like so many other zombie mods and scenarios do, spawning zombies out of thin air in areas you've already cleared: zombies only appear where you tell them to, and that's fantastic.

However, has anyone had any weird issues with TPW's cars and boats mods spawning zombies even when the scenario doesn't have any zombie spawners defined, and if so, have they found any solutions?  Occasionally I'll find a zombie floating in the middle of the ocean because it jumped out of a boat, or find a zombie dead on the roadside because it ejected from a freshly spawned car and somehow died due to a collision or something -- not even sure what's going on there -- and this occurs even when I haven't placed any spawners on the map.  TPW's mod is clearly the culprit, but I figured I'd ask here since it's spawning units specifically peculiar to this mod. ;-)

hi,

love your mod, many thnx for all the hours you spend in this project.

i've got some ideas for an upcoming version:

- attack everything mode:

so that we dont have to choose which facition the zombies are friendly with.

in the attack everything mode zombie should attack all living, including animals.

- please prevent the zombies for kneeling or lay on the ground, except we shoot them their legs off.

- if their legs are gone the zombies should only move in crawling mode

- can you please check the resurrection. i think it doesnt work with apex beta.

question (explanation of the ai):

can you please explain how the zombie ai work, if they see me (close to mid range)

and i go around a corner (no line of sight), after they went to that corner and im not there,

will they loose the interest of me and try to find another victim?

i think the ai should work similar like this, because most zombie in movies act this way (stupid, simple).

sorry bad english (i'm not a native speaker or writer)

looking forward to the future of this mod.

Excellent mod, guys!

I have been having fun making missions and scripts. With some research, thanks to MrSanchez's post about zombie waypoints, gave me the ability to look at how to move Zombie Waypoints mid-way through a mission.

And with further research, I found out how to work on getting infections working if you take off a gas mask in an infected zone, you get infected at first with a scream, then slowly deteriorate before succumbing to the virus that is defeating the immune system with the current system you guys made. Or if a unit uses anti-virus cure to stop the infection from spreading - still a part of the same current system, however, I am working on trying to get the cure and pills to show up as a medical item that you can use with ACE Interact with self and others. (Head for pills, arms/legs for cure injector). Would you have suggestions for how to go about doing this as I have been trying to work on this for about 7 hours now?

All in all, excellent mod, well done! I am enjoying it!

- Bear

• Like 2

Hi. super-duper addon)

Need help. For example, a small village. I'm NATO. When approaching 800m to  the village  zombies will spawn (for example two horde  of 20  OPFOR zombie slow  civilian) but from diffirent location >not from same dot. At the same time 40 zombie alive  (maximum). After I killed all of them (for example 40)-  their bodies have not disappear. If I stay and not get out of this village they must respawn after 3 hours (game time )**. If I walk away from the village (where the module) at a distance of 1500 meters, zombies have deleted .when I come back 800 meters to the village they once again respawn.** Is it possibble co configure all your modules like this for whole map (ex altis) ?. I try to make this work about 2 day and nothing (

Can you help me with this or  provide links to mission like this.

Can this mod spawn zombies in a confined area?
By that I mean, if I want to spawn zombies ONLY on
a small island on the Altis map (for example), and
have them confined to that small island?

Thanks

Hello. Excellent fashions for arma 3. There is a problem, zombies do not attack equipment of civil. Prompt how it is possible to solve this problem?

I have two (I think) important suggestions for Zombies & Demons, concerning the human (non-zombie) AI; firstly that they prioritize headshots, and secondly that the attempt to keep a minimum distance between themselves and any zombies. Because at the moment, they'll empty entire magazines without getting a headshot and thus not killing the zombie, and they'll let zombies walk right up to them and devour them without moving back. Please consider!

EDIT: I think there also needs to be an option (all of this would be cusotmizable in modules, of course) to set maximum engagement ranges for humans, so for example you could set it to 100 meters and they won't engage any zombies beyond that point.

I have two (I think) important suggestions for Zombies & Demons, concerning the human (non-zombie) AI; firstly that they prioritize headshots, and secondly that the attempt to keep a minimum distance between themselves and any zombies. Because at the moment, they'll empty entire magazines without getting a headshot and thus not killing the zombie, and they'll let zombies walk right up to them and devour them without moving back. Please consider!

EDIT: I think there also needs to be an option (all of this would be cusotmizable in modules, of course) to set maximum engagement ranges for humans, so for example you could set it to 100 meters and they won't engage any zombies beyond that point.

Z&D doesn't really affect human AI much at all (that's what you got AI mods for). The only thing we do is make them flee (allowFleeing) when they are hit by a zombie. I don't think we'll be messing with human AI at all to avoid conflicting with AI mods such as ASR_AI, bCombat, etc.

Z&D doesn't really affect human AI much at all (that's what you got AI mods for). The only thing we do is make them flee (allowFleeing) when they are hit by a zombie. I don't think we'll be messing with human AI at all to avoid conflicting with AI mods such as ASR_AI, bCombat, etc.

Okay. It's too bad, it makes the mod pretty unplayable with the AI  :unsure:

Hello, thanks for sharing this awesome mod.

I have a question about the "Deletion Settings" why every time i leave the place where the zombie spawn the zombie got deleted (Yeah, thats what I want) and when I get back they dont respawn?

also, pls tell me what is the classname of Anti Virus? cuz I want to put Anti Virus in Zombie Loot.

thanks

• Like 1

I have a question about the "Deletion Settings" why every time i leave the place where the zombie spawn the zombie got deleted (Yeah, thats what I want) and when I get back they dont respawn?

also, pls tell me what is the classname of Anti Virus? cuz I want to put Anti Virus in Zombie Loot.

thanks

Modules are syncronized? Did you change " new horde respawn time"?

Hi, jtgibson. I had this exact problem w TPWmods, so what you have to do is use his brand new blacklist parameters in the tpw_core.sqf and tpw_civs.sqf.

If you are using the default mod (i.e. no script versions), then edit your tpw_mods.hpp in arma 3\userconfig, line 66 or near there:

tpw_civ_blacklist[] = {"RyanZombie"}; // civilians with these strings in their classnames will be excluded

the tpw_core.sqf also has a blacklist, but I'm not sure how to activate that for the mod version. I'm using the scripts for my mission, so I copied them to my mission\scripts subfolder, then I run in my init.sqf:

0 = [["RyanZombie"]] execvm "scripts\tpw_core.sqf";
0 = [1,60,3,.25,4,50,1,20,15,0,["RyanZombie"]] execvm "scripts\tpw_civs.sqf";

(note that I've heavily changed the civ parameters -- much shorter spawn range, only 3 waypoints, higher density per house -- 4 civs per house, not 1 civ per 2 houses default, notify if excessive civs killed, 20 civs spawned max, and will spawn during combat)

I haven't tried just the mod version, with zombies loaded, so I don't know if that will prevent zombie civs as car drivers.

I have thoroughly used the script version, with no zombies showing up at all. If you also use tpw_skirmish.sqf with unit strings that don't include "soldier", you will have to actually edit that sqf (unless TPW recently kept my RyanZombie exclusion that I submitted) b/c there's no parameter method to exclude the zombie classes. Search for tpw_skirmish_fnc_noncom, then edit the if statement:

if ((["unarmed",str _unit] call BIS_fnc_inString) ||(["pilot",str _unit] call BIS_fnc_inString)||(["diver",str _unit] call BIS_fnc_inString)||(["vr",str _unit] call BIS_fnc_inString)||(["RyanZombie",str _unit] call BIS_fnc_inString)||(["survivor",str _unit] call BIS_fnc_inString)||(["C_",str _unit] call BIS_fnc_inString)||(["curator",str _unit] call BIS_fnc_inString)) then

You can see my recent posts in TPW mods thread for more details on the strings.

I'm not actually a massive fan of most modern zombie games, but Zombies & Demon's definitely takes the cake as my favourite, not to mention it's quick and easy to set up a zombie infestation.  (I spent over 12 hours last week just brutalising zombies with a Little Bird because it was just so much fun. =))  I especially like the fact that it doesn't "cheat" like so many other zombie mods and scenarios do, spawning zombies out of thin air in areas you've already cleared: zombies only appear where you tell them to, and that's fantastic.

However, has anyone had any weird issues with TPW's cars and boats mods spawning zombies even when the scenario doesn't have any zombie spawners defined, and if so, have they found any solutions?  Occasionally I'll find a zombie floating in the middle of the ocean because it jumped out of a boat, or find a zombie dead on the roadside because it ejected from a freshly spawned car and somehow died due to a collision or something -- not even sure what's going on there -- and this occurs even when I haven't placed any spawners on the map.  TPW's mod is clearly the culprit, but I figured I'd ask here since it's spawning units specifically peculiar to this mod. ;-)

Berezon, would you be willing to share the gas mask infection script? :) And re: item interaction, look at:

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/framework/interactionMenu-framework.html#examples
https://www.reddit.com/r/armadev/comments/38k4tq/add_items_to_ace3_selfinteraction/

You will probably need to ask on the forum for how to specify body target location, item in inventory and consuming the item.

Excellent mod, guys!

I have been having fun making missions and scripts. With some research, thanks to MrSanchez's post about zombie waypoints, gave me the ability to look at how to move Zombie Waypoints mid-way through a mission.

And with further research, I found out how to work on getting infections working if you take off a gas mask in an infected zone, you get infected at first with a scream, then slowly deteriorate before succumbing to the virus that is defeating the immune system with the current system you guys made. Or if a unit uses anti-virus cure to stop the infection from spreading - still a part of the same current system, however, I am working on trying to get the cure and pills to show up as a medical item that you can use with ACE Interact with self and others. (Head for pills, arms/legs for cure injector). Would you have suggestions for how to go about doing this as I have been trying to work on this for about 7 hours now?

All in all, excellent mod, well done! I am enjoying it!

- Bear

5niper: Yes, place a spawner module in the center of the island and make sure that the module's density radius does not exceed the island's size.

Can this mod spawn zombies in a confined area?
By that I mean, if I want to spawn zombies ONLY on
a small island on the Altis map (for example), and
have them confined to that small island?

Thanks

Aniallator, if you are playing on vanilla (no ACE medical), you can script in no-friendly-fire, so at least your AI do not mow you down in the crossfire. :P Also, FHQ CombatMode mod is a very small addon that lets you use a key command to toggle combat mode on/off, so that when the zombies get too close, you can tell a team to disable combat mode, give them a waypoint, and let them bound back to a safer point. It's a little clunky, but I've managed to handle 2 fireteams bounding in retreat this way. I imagine you could also script in something like a mission addAction or radio commands to disable combatmode AND make a team fall back with a waypoint setPos to your cursorTarget, with a condition on the waypoint to reenable combat mode when they complete the waypoint.

Okay. It's too bad, it makes the mod pretty unplayable with the AI  :unsure:

DailyGrind, if you go into Virtual Arsenal, add the pills or injection to your inventory, then copy with ctrl+C, then you can paste into a text editor to quickly find the item class names. For respawn, check that your spawn limits for the spawner module in that location are high enough. I've accidentally deleted my spawn limits or set them to 0, 10, or some small number that causes the spawners to only spawn one horde's worth or to not spawn at all. Alt-tabbing out of the game and then back in can cause random mouse-drag select and sometimes when you start typing it can randomly put you in the wrong active entry field.

thanks

• Like 1

Modules are syncronized? Did you change " new horde respawn time"?

Yes, I sync the two module, Spawn Module to Deletion Settings.

DailyGrind, if you go into Virtual Arsenal, add the pills or injection to your inventory, then copy with ctrl+C, then you can paste into a text editor to quickly find the item class names. For respawn, check that your spawn limits for the spawner module in that location are high enough. I've accidentally deleted my spawn limits or set them to 0, 10, or some small number that causes the spawners to only spawn one horde's worth or to not spawn at all. Alt-tabbing out of the game and then back in can cause random mouse-drag select and sometimes when you start typing it can randomly put you in the wrong active entry field.

2yjpsi1.jpg

here's are my settings in module

According to those settings, if you walk into the 500m radius, you'll trigger a horde (default size of 14 zombies). If you stay in that range for at least 7 seconds, you should trigger all 14 zombies. Do you get that many zombies?

If you stay another 60 seconds after that, the next horde will spawn. Your total cap is 100, which means you will get 7 full hordes + 2 leftover zombies to spawn. That means if you stay in the trigger for about 8 minutes, you will trigger all the zombies possible from that spawner.

Then when you leave, they delete, just as you want.

If you leave before all 100 zombies spawn, and come back, then the remaining amount of cap will begin to spawn.

But if you kill all 100 zombies or leave the 500m radius so that they get deleted anyway, leave, and come back, the spawner won't spawn anything b/c it's finished its 100 zombies.

So try setting your zombie cap to 10000 zombies. and try it again. :)

According to those settings, if you walk into the 500m radius, you'll trigger a horde (default size of 14 zombies). If you stay in that range for at least 7 seconds, you should trigger all 14 zombies. Do you get that many zombies?

If you stay another 60 seconds after that, the next horde will spawn. Your total cap is 100, which means you will get 7 full hordes + 2 leftover zombies to spawn. That means if you stay in the trigger for about 8 minutes, you will trigger all the zombies possible from that spawner.

Then when you leave, they delete, just as you want.

If you leave before all 100 zombies spawn, and come back, then the remaining amount of cap will begin to spawn.

But if you kill all 100 zombies or leave the 500m radius so that they get deleted anyway, leave, and come back, the spawner won't spawn anything b/c it's finished its 100 zombies.

So try setting your zombie cap to 10000 zombies. and try it again. :)

thanks for the quick reply and tips...

now I know why they didn't respawn, I thinks its because of when I try the game in editor I use teleport to move away my character from the spawn point maybe thats the reason to break the spawn...

thanks for the quick reply and tips...

now I know why they didn't respawn, I thinks its because of when I try the game in editor I use teleport to move away my character from the spawn point maybe thats the reason to break the spawn...

Try to move with default camera  - spacebar button teleport you 

Dear Devs, do you think for the next version you could put in an option to disable the zombie faces (to just use vanilla faces) I'm using Zombies and Demons with Exile and whenever the zombie dies the head/face flashes and flickers like it's changing the texture, it looks kind of bad like that, I wouldn't mind having regular faces if it improves this some, could you make just an option for it please?

Edit: Or maybe I can do this already using _face, _facearray, _ngface, setface or something? I'll try it out.

Aniallator, if you are playing on vanilla (no ACE medical), you can script in no-friendly-fire, so at least your AI do not mow you down in the crossfire. :P Also, FHQ CombatMode mod is a very small addon that lets you use a key command to toggle combat mode on/off, so that when the zombies get too close, you can tell a team to disable combat mode, give them a waypoint, and let them bound back to a safer point. It's a little clunky, but I've managed to handle 2 fireteams bounding in retreat this way. I imagine you could also script in something like a mission addAction or radio commands to disable combatmode AND make a team fall back with a waypoint setPos to your cursorTarget, with a condition on the waypoint to reenable combat mode when they complete the waypoint.

Alright thanks, I'll give that a try :) I'm finding that Tanoa is the ultimate zombie map! Nothing like running through the jungle with zombies coming out of nowhere.

DailyGrind, in the 3den editor, you can place all the zombies, group drag-select with left mouse button, then right click to Log>>Copy Class Names to clipboard.

Then when you paste it into a text editor, you'll get a list of all the copied objects' class names.

There are other more thorough ways to export all cfg class names, but this is an easy/tedious quick fix.

do you guys have all the classname of the zombie?

Aniallator: cool! Let me/us know if you ever make a publicly satisfactory script snippet or etc. And yeah, zombies coming out of the brush and tree line is pretty terrifying. Even in open spaces, BIS have done well placing small shacks, piles of trash, fences, etc. that break up the open fields. I've come to dread anything blocking my field of fire. :D

Alright thanks, I'll give that a try :) I'm finding that Tanoa is the ultimate zombie map! Nothing like running through the jungle with zombies coming out of nowhere.

• Like 1

Could you consider this issue:

Eu4doSM.jpg

How about when the zombie has no path to the target it goes into Roaming, so that at least it's still moving around and hard to hit. While it's roaming then do a check every so often to see if there's a path (maybe this would help in other situations where the zombie path gets blocked (like sometimes weird objects in cities). But being able to hop on a rock to stop the zombie makes cheesing them way too easy, just headshot them all with a pistol. But if they're still moving at least they're harder to hit, wasting more ammo (I use strong zombies) Now imagine these zombies just roaming around the rock waiting for the player, terrifying. Also if there could be any optimizations for multiplayer it would be so good (the zombies currently get a bit desyncy)

Hey Ryan, Thank you very much for this mod, Is there any chance you can create different way points rather than one. Well we tried and only survived 2 person :) Thank you for the great mod again. 

• Like 1