AHHH nevermind, i found what the bug is, civilian on the spawner is buggy, when ever civilian is selected on activation it causes any faction to activate it, blufor, opfor and indepentent activation setting work but civilian works as a any faction atm

I have forwarded an SQM file test via private message so you can see for yourself

Hi,

Just a heads up, the dropbox link in the first post is broken.

@ryandombrowsky

Hey Ryan....i see a new Frankie Video, and i have a question....can you add in your RyanZombie Script the Dogs? (Zombie Dogs). TornZ2 is a Private Mod...

Have a nice day and thank you!

Hi,

Just a heads up, the dropbox link in the first post is broken.

Cheers, should be fixed now. ;)

Hey Ryan....i see a new Frankie Video, and i have a question....can you add in your RyanZombie Script the Dogs? (Zombie Dogs). TornZ2 is a Private Mod...

Yeah go for it, if it works and if it's just for private use of course. ;)

@ryandombrowsky

Take my Money...^^ Send me a Private Message what you need for that...

I don't think Ryan understood your question. He thinks that you're going to be adding in the dogs yourself for private usage.

I'm pretty sure you're requesting Ryan (and me) to add in these dogs, right?

In that case the answer to zombie dogs, quoted from Ryan on the Steam Workshop:

Zombie dogs.. maybe in future, maybe...

:P

Hi Ryan,

I was testing your mod on the Tanoa map and found something weird when used with other mods. I load up both your mod and TPW_MOD to enable a skirmish between BluFor and Opfor. The zombies were thrown in there to randomize things.

The funny thing is that some BluFor squads would spawn as zombies in both vehicles and on foot. Opfor would be chased by these guys.

Is there a way to enable 3 unique sides when used in this way? It is easier to use TPW_MODs with this mod for a quick skirmish than editing a mission.

I am unsure there is a setting to enable or disable this behavior.

Looking forward to your advice.

Hi Ryan,

I was testing your mod on the Tanoa map and found something weird when used with other mods. I load up both your mod and TPW_MOD to enable a skirmish between BluFor and Opfor. The zombies were thrown in there to randomize things.

The funny thing is that some BluFor squads would spawn as zombies in both vehicles and on foot. Opfor would be chased by these guys.

Is there a way to enable 3 unique sides when used in this way? It is easier to use TPW_MODs with this mod for a quick skirmish than editing a mission.

I am unsure there is a setting to enable or disable this behavior.

Looking forward to your advice.

No idea what TPW_MOD is so you're better off asking it in the author's thread rather than here. Our zombies are by default available on sides Opfor and Independent.

^^ you don't know what TPW mod is ?  You need to be stuck to the forums more !

^^ you don't know what TPW mod is ?  You need to be stuck to the forums more !

I avoid singleplayer-only mods :D

• Like 1

You do know that it is also MP?  I use it all the time.... perfect for killing any zombies :)

Is there a way to initiate or start spawning zombies from a trigger or when some value turns true? From what I see, you only have a initial spawn delay and then the set wave times. What I want to do is that the team does an objective, turns some arbitrary value true and then starts the spawner.

Is there a way to initiate or start spawning zombies from a trigger or when some value turns true? From what I see, you only have a initial spawn delay and then the set wave times. What I want to do is that the team does an objective, turns some arbitrary value true and then starts the spawner.

What I've done in a past mission was to set up the spawner like I want, name it, then place it off in the corner of the map far away from anything so it doesn't start spawning. Then I place a game logic where I want the spawner to be when the trigger fires. Then in the activation part of the trigger use the setPos command to move the spawner to the game logic.

You can basically "turn on" and "turn off" a spawner like this by teleporting the spawner away and back again

What I've done in a past mission was to set up the spawner like I want, name it, then place it off in the corner of the map far away from anything so it doesn't start spawning. Then I place a game logic where I want the spawner to be when the trigger fires. Then in the activation part of the trigger use the setPos command to move the spawner to the game logic.

You can basically "turn on" and "turn off" a spawner like this by teleporting the spawner away and back again

I can see a few problems with that. So if you leave it to default always on activation, you will have a bunch of zombies spawning in a location till you get the max which could lag the server. Even if you move it, it would still be filled up so they would have to be deleted to spawn more possibly. If you do it based on presence of blufor for example, then you get into the issue of what happens if you want to spawn the zombies at point A then waypoint at point B? You would first have to tele both. If you had players doing a task at Point B where the waypoint is, either the spawner had to be close enough or the activation distance increased. If the activation radius is to far, then you get to the point where even if you move the spawner to an "off" zone, they would still activate. Do you know what I mean?

Not if you set the min distance param on the module :) once you teleport it away no players will be nearby so it will stop spawning. I had to use the same technique in the past.

Not if you set the min distance param on the module :) once you teleport it away no players will be nearby so it will stop spawning. I had to use the same technique in the past.

Assuming the spawner activates based on unit side i.e. blufor, if not they would keep spawning zombies and the activation radius would be a moot point I think. Not sure if you missed the part that if I want to add a waypoint, the activation radius would have to be the length at least from the spawner to the waypoint. The larger the distance, the larger the circle of activation. Means that players can accidentally activate the zombies without being near the waypoint which is the "hot zone". Also if it gets large enough, there would be no "safe/off" zone of the map or it will severely limit the rest of the player zone.

Great mod, is there a way to have the settings of a abilities module to only apply to one spawner and another abilities module to apply to a different spawner so that one spawner spawn zombies that roam and the other spawns zombies that do not roam I and maybe an option that let only zombies from a specific spawner move to a designated way point module I can't get these to work or maybe it's not possible. Hope this makes any sense and somebody can help me.

Hi, this isn't possible at the moment sorry. The settings/abilties effect all zombies. Although in future we may add an option allowing you to set abilities to specific zombie types, such as only allowing fast zombies to jump/throw cars, or make walkers have more health and runners have less, or whatever... We may add this in future.

In the meantime we're doing an update to fix an annoying MP bug, and we also added a new face textue. :P

DOWNLOAD MOD - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD MOD - DROPBOX

- Fixed a multiplayer bug involving invisible units getting stuck inside vehicles.
- Another face texture added.

• Like 1

Hey Ryan, is there a way to start or initiate the first wave of a zombie spawn based on a trigger or value turning true or something? I can't seem to be able to do it with trigger linked to a spawn module. Maybe I am doing it wrong it any help would be very appreciated. What I want to do is that the Blufor units go to an area, do an objective. They trigger something. Zombies start spawning with the spawning module. The zombies start moving towards the the waypoint module linked to the zombie spawn module. The waypoint module is placed near the objective area. The zombies then attack the Blufor units.

Hey Ryan, is there a way to start or initiate the first wave of a zombie spawn based on a trigger or value turning true or something? I can't seem to be able to do it with trigger linked to a spawn module. Maybe I am doing it wrong it any help would be very appreciated. What I want to do is that the Blufor units go to an area, do an objective. They trigger something. Zombies start spawning with the spawning module. The zombies start moving towards the the waypoint module linked to the zombie spawn module. The waypoint module is placed near the objective area. The zombies then attack the Blufor units.

There's no way to do this at the moment other than by using a little bit of scripts. If you scroll up you can find that the1krisrob's reply may work for you. He already replied the first time you asked this question.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

There's no way to do this at the moment other than by using a little bit of scripts. If you scroll up you can find that the1krisrob's reply may work for you. He already replied the first time you asked this question.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

So I read his reply and I replied that since I  also want to use a waypoint, I have to increase the activation radius to a minimum distance from the spawner module  to the waypoint module. On paper this can work. On smaller maps this could be an issue because it would cut off parts of the map. The larger the distance, the larger a map would be cutoff if you do not want to spawn zombies. Larger maps have no problem I guess. I just wanted to find a method that works for "most" scenarios to future proof the method against all circumstances. If this is all we have to work with, I have to make it work for now. Thanks.

I am new to this amazing mod.

Is there any way I can limit spawn limit, like 25 zombies per logic, now they are keep spawning and spawning.

I am new to this amazing mod.

Is there any way I can limit spawn limit, like 25 zombies per logic, now they are keep spawning and spawning.

Yeah use the zombie modules' option: Total Alive Cap, set it to 25 ;)

• Like 1