Those blown off heads are awesome! Dare I ask for a step up with blown off limbs:

hands

forearms

arms

torso - chipped out portions that are shot at. Divide torso into 4 regions. 

Hips

upper legs

lower leg

foot

I can see zombies crawling with nothing waist down then the arms shot off and only a screaming stump with head for us to roll down a hill.

Or shootout one leg / foot so it hops around until falling onto the ground. Or no arm zombie which can only attack with bites.

This kind of feature with the Bloodlust mod would be incredible.

Those blown off heads are awesome! Dare I ask for a step up with blown off limbs:

hands

forearms

arms

torso - chipped out portions that are shot at. Divide torso into 4 regions. 

Hips

upper legs

lower leg

foot

I can see zombies crawling with nothing waist down then the arms shot off and only a screaming stump with head for us to roll down a hill.

Or shootout one leg / foot so it hops around until falling onto the ground. Or no arm zombie which can only attack with bites.

This kind of feature with the Bloodlust mod would be incredible.

Any bodypart other than the head won't work unfortunately since they're perma attached to the uniform p3d file..We can only modify the arma 3 sample character file which is nekkid, and I don't think anyone's interested in blowing off the limbs of a nekkid man.

any chance this will be made into a separate addon so we can get that old SLX goodness back?

i made some code to shoot helmets off of people and was planning on doing something similar to what you showed above. but it's always cool to see other people doing it instead and be the lazy consumer instead :lol:

either way. awesome stuff.

It is very possible that I'll release this standalone (that being, this version, without the gorified heads). I am just not sure if ArmA would benefit from having a feature to blow off the heads of humans. It seems kinda arcadey (perfect for zombies though, so definitely keeping it in there).

I'll think about it though.

Hey Ryan and Sanchez

I've been asked to ask you if in a future release you can have a separate setting for player controlled zombies in the abilities section.

One of my mission makers wants to add a few player controlled zombies that can jump and throw cars but doesn't want the AI or normal zombies to have that ability. It just makes for greater control over what zombies are going to do to players and allows the mission maker greater control over the zombies.

I am just not sure if ArmA would benefit from having a feature to blow off the heads of humans. It seems kinda arcadey (perfect for zombies though, so definitely keeping it in there).

what a weird way of looking at it.

i think i'll do it either way though. so no worries about you breaking arma's realism. i'll take that bullet for you :P

• Like 1

Rekkless, yes we were planning on doing something like that. Possibly a whole new module just for the player zombies, but either way there'll be something. ;)

Any bodypart other than the head won't work unfortunately since they're perma attached to the uniform p3d file..We can only modify the arma 3 sample character file which is nekkid, and I don't think anyone's interested in blowing off the limbs of a nekkid man.

Blow off pieces nekkid without clothes could be possible if you add enough blood splatter to cover parts of it. Most horror movies do show just the limbs with no cloths (arms and legs) but the torso should have parts of the clothes on. In the classic SLX mod for ARMA 2, the torso was usually burnt or bloodied to make up for lack of uniform.

The only issue I could forsee is that if the gore system transfer to AI or Player units, then users cannot recover any gear from the blown limbs unless we can show the torso and just "hide" all the arms and legs and replace with blown off nekkid man pieces.

I think blown off limbs we still be welcomed. Especially with in CQB shotgun situations like this:

I've never seen this before. However, I have seen them continue to attack the empty vehicle for a while after I've gotten out of it. They use "findnearestenemy" in their script and an empty vehicle recently driven by an enemy sometimes (not always) still counts as an enemy to them (hope to fix this in future).

If they're motionless, is the vehicle parked in a hard to get to spot? Also, are you playing as a civilian?

First off the obligatory Fantastic mod Ryan! And it is, been using it to replace all the standard adversaries on my Epoch server for some time.

I have seen this behaviour too. I use COS to generate the spawns in towns and villages and when they started becoming less responsive I assumed that it was a problem with the event handlers in that script and the latest ARMA versions (the EH in COS is known to have issues).

However, today I've been testing native spawners to replace COS and I find the same problem. If I run into a town I can walk up to most of the infected and they'll just stand and stare at me in the same way they are doing when under COS control. One note here: if someone drives through a town knocking the infected over then they will follow them until the end of the earth - so it seems to be an issue with detection in some form.

Also note, I have certain places with medium or fast infected spawners which are default 0 density rather than spread out as I've done with the town spawners. These behave in the way you would expect and charge and attack the players. The COS and native spawns that have a problem are slow or walker zombies.

I'll try to provide as much further info as possible here:

- COS zombies are being spawned in towns, side resistance, and were working for months with no problem. The zombies were originally slow ones but I liked the walkers so much I switched to them.

- COS zombies react to vehicles but in the main do not react to individuals on the ground. Some do, but only a few. I have stood among a group of four or five and they just stare at me...

- I thought it might be a group leader issue with COS given the number of towns that can simultaneously spawn on the server (the default max groups is 72 after which each town spawn is put in one group) so I increased the maximum number of groups to 500 and tested when I was the only player. Their behaviour remains the same. I can shoot a number of closely grouped zombies and the still just stare at me.

- Thinking that maybe it ws a COS problem I had decided to migrate over to native spawns. What I would be doing is creating a spawn in each town with parameters set to mirror the behaviour of COS (for example, 500m detection range, increased density to spread them about, side resistance, walkers, etc.). I tested this by placing a spawner in Panachori through Eden and then integrating it into my Epoch mission.sqm.

- The infected spawn without an issue and they are spread throughout the town. They wander around and seem to behave as I would like

- When I enter the town on foot though they behave as before just standing there and staring at me even when I start slowly killing them. They do follow vehicles and attack them as they pass (though as others have noted, their arms seem to be 5' long :)) They will also follow vehicles back to a players base which is cool but only vehicles

- Initially I had tested this by spawning all 25 zombies for the town in one horde with a max size of 25 to prevent more from spawning. As with COS I thought that maybe it was a group leader issue so I reduced the horde size to increments of 5. This did not fix the problem.

- When I go on foot to a native spawner at the Stadium, for example, which spawns medium zombies, they rise up and start chasing (and infecting) me immediately as you would expect... The only two differences between the two native spawners (the town of Panachori and the Stadium) are the density of the horde and the type of infected spawned (walkers or slow vs. medium).

If you need any further information or someone would like to check out the server or mission files please let me know.

Thanks again for a great mod,

Grahame.

• Like 1

-snip-

Thanks, will investigate and might ask you for more info.

Also, after seeing the high demand, I will make a standalone head gore mod that will have no dependencies whatsoever yet be fully compatible with the Zombies & Demons' version.

I expect to release this within two days but no guarantees.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 3

Anyone wish BI would incorporate female civilians into A3 or APEX? Seems like such a better locale than ARMA 2 even though it's essentially a lot of work for just eye candy but I miss my Valentina  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

3fOCYFH.jpg?1

UOGdqMM.jpg?1

On a unrelated note, saw this tidbit of information from the Bloodlust developer which I thought was nice of him. 

"Feel free to make any modifications to Bloodlust. You can even release your modification as long as it follows the GNU GPL license I've packaged the mod with..."

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189963-wip-blood-lust-5-3-2016-v17/page-11

• Like 1

Thanks, will investigate and might ask you for more info.

Also, after seeing the high demand, I will make a standalone head gore mod that will have no dependencies whatsoever yet be fully compatible with the Zombies & Demons' version.

I expect to release this within two days but no guarantees.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

After a lot more testing today it looks like I was wrong about the native spawners I'm afraid. Sorry for the mistake, looks like I hadn't properly blacklisted Panachori so there was a mix of native spawns and COS spawns. Isolating the native spawn works like it should. Apologies again.

For anyone using COS though there is definitely an issue. The infected will pursue and attack you if you do not fire on them, if you do fire on them they stand in place and stare at you. It's a mix of a problem with the EH and the deletion of waypoints I believe but after playing with the code to no avail, I'm moving exclusively to the native spawns.

As an aside, I will be looking this up myself in the am, but if anyone could give me a quick heads up on regenerating the trigger for the native spawns after the deletion (when OPFOR and BLUFOR have left the area) I would greatly appreciate it. That's my only outstanding issue remaining. Otherwise everything is good.

Thanks again to you and Ryan for all your hard work on this - my server, among many, would not be the same, nor nearly as good, without this excellent mod!

my server, among many, would not be the same, nor nearly as good, without this excellent mod!

would you mind sharing your server info? or is it passworded?

would you mind sharing your server info? or is it passworded?

Sure. Didn't want to shamelessly promote, but why not:

EpochZ: Black Tide (23.250.21.74) It's a work in progress right now. Set in 2025 so CUP replaces most standard ARMA 3 weapons and vehicles. Ryan's Zombies (walkers and a few choice hordes of fast in select locations) and AI renegades replace the standard Epoch adversaries. Still got a lot of work left before I'll be happy with it, but my small group of regulars seem to like it. Have injectors and pills in limited quantities and locations too since the infected can infect you.

One on-topic note: I actually fixed COS so that it works again. I adjusted the AI behaviour settings for the infected through COS and completely removed that script's FiredNear event-handler and all works like a dream. I can provide the code if anyone wants it. Also, I would probably move to native spawners, but I'd need the triggers to be resettable, which by default they're not as far I as can see from behaviour and the code.

Cheers again.

We will do an update very soon. We've been busy and have a decent sized changelog. Check out our new head stump model:

5IujiSb.jpg

• Like 2

We will do an update very soon. We've been busy and have a decent sized changelog. Check out our new head stump model:

5IujiSb.jpg

Bring the headless horsemens (without the horses)! :D

I think we'll release the update when 1.60 comes out. I'm testing the RC now and the new limping feature breaks the zombie animations. This is already fixed but will have to wait til 1.60 is out as it won't work in 1.58.

Anyway, what will be in the update... There's the glowing eyes, head decapitation, about 20 extra civilian zombies (for each zombie type), a randomize values option for the spawners, zombies will not attack empty vehicles anymore, camera shake while coughing/infected, and tons of other improvements! Here's some random screenshots. :P

http://imgur.com/a/oQ9Y0

Looking forward to releasing this. :)

• Like 4

Any chance of configuring to these standards?
Allowing A.L.I.V.E. Compatibility would be a major breakthrough, I think people would be raving over this, and I have a little project in mind for it/

• Like 2

Allowing A.L.I.V.E. Compatibility would be a major breakthrough, I think people would be raving over this, and I have a little project in mind for it/

​This!

The Zombie hive mind!

And I though things couldn't get worst xD

In the mean time I'll see if I can get HETMAN to control those flesh eating maniacs :P

Any chance I can get the update as I am testing the RC1.60 update at the mo and I am having trouble with the previous version as the zombies refuse to walk,

they just stand there looking at me, they can hurt me still.

Anyone wish BI would incorporate female civilians into A3 or APEX? Seems like such a better locale than ARMA 2 even though it's essentially a lot of work for just eye candy but I miss my Valentina  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

YES!!!

Arma 3 feels like a cheap game when you only see male citizens...I refuse to make any missions for it until a decent female mod comes out.

Any chance I can get the update as I am testing the RC1.60 update at the mo and I am having trouble with the previous version as the zombies refuse to walk,

they just stand there looking at me, they can hurt me still.

Sorry for the late reply. It's the new limping feature that breaks their animations. PM me if you'd like a copy of the updated anims config to use before 1.60 if officially out.

Hello Ryan.

I am a beginner in arma3 game (less than 1 month), but I love creating new missions in the editor, in addition to being a big fan of survival games and zombies.

I'm trying to create a SP combining the Zombies and Demos and mod Ravage.

Everything works very well, especially the interaction between the various groups of zombies. But one thing does not integrate: the infection module Z&D and the survival module Ravage. From the moment the survival module is added in the editor, it is impossible to consume the anti-infection pills. Is there any solution for this?