Zooloo made a nice blood spray addon that I think would be great if you guys could incorporate into your mod. Would add more to the immersion to see some poor dude being ripped to shreds with blood spraying out of him  :D  :D  :D

I tried it out beforehand but it doesn't work with your zombie mod since it only is triggered from gunshots I believe.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189963-wip-blood-splatters/

Zooloo made a nice blood spray addon that I think would be great if you guys could incorporate into your mod. Would add more to the immersion to see some poor dude being ripped to shreds with blood spraying out of him  :D  :D  :D

I tried it out beforehand but it doesn't work with your zombie mod since it only is triggered from gunshots I believe.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189963-wip-blood-splatters/

It does seem like an interesting mod. From what I understand the way it works is that it creates a custom object with a blood texture applied to it every time someone's hit. Combining hundreds of zombies with hundreds of textured objects may not be a great idea for frame rate or network traffic.

However I'm not at home right now so I can't check what's causing it not to work with the Z&D, perhaps it's an easy thing and I'll ask the author if he wants to implement a fix, or we fix it on our end.

It however won't be integrated into the zombie mod directly unless the performance hit is tolerable and the author is fine with it as well (something you can't just assume).

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Sanchez that blood mods has already had loads to reports it isn't compatible in multiplayer, in its current state apparently it spams config errors to servers and for players in MP.

The author has already stated he doesn't plan on making it MP compatible any time soon. As good as it might be it has a long way to go, and considering how resource intensive Z&D is something you will want to seriously think about before adding to your mod.

Anyway the main reason I'm making this post is, would you consider adding Russian Civilian skins, like the ones from ArmA 2 or the ones seen in the RDS A2 Civilian port mod?

It would be awesome to see a Zombie Rocker or Demon priest.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/170165-rds-a2-civilian-pack/

If we ever do add it in, it would probably be optional with a module, and off by default. Also, yes it would be awesome to see a zombie priest. Will check those units out sometime.

Made another video, filled with action and drifts as usual. :P

Hard to believe that it took roughly 2-3 years for a proper successor to Charon's mod to finally be released. It was a pretty hard blow when he vanished since many of us were such fans of the custom horror mods for the ARMA series.

But yeah, this mod is pretty much all I play anymore. Sank thousands of hours into Charon's on ARMA 2 and probably will do the same for this one too, so kudos to you guys for making a great mod with a lot of options, hope you guys keep building upon it. 

Just curious but how difficult is it to create the animations for each zombie type? Was thinking back to the old days recently and was thinking about the resident evil style zombies that are kind of like shamblers that have their arms outstretched as they reach for you. I should probably post this on your suggestion tracker but wanted to get your take on some of the behind the scenes work that it takes to animate these guys.

Undead_2.jpg

Each animation usually takes a few days, or even longer for the more complicated ones, such as spawning out of the ground. In total there's 28 animation files, so yeah it did take a while to make all of them. I'm not so fond of their arms reaching out for you like that but we'll see what happens in future.

Had to do a hotfix as there were some module problems in 1.58:

DOWNLOAD VERSION 4.2 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 4.2 - DROPBOX

What's new:

All modules fixed for 1.58.
Zombie units in Eden Editor are now in their correct type of class.

This is a great mod. I just love the sounds some of the zombies make, and some of that animation for the crawlers is creepy as hell. Working on personal mission using this mod and it's turning out great.

Shame that there aren't many more well-made alien/monster/zombie units out there.

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help. I'm trying to make a map based around defending an airfield from waves of zombies. I'm looking to get 4 spawners that would spawn a wave and make that and only that group to follow a waypoint to attack its designated area (4 areas to defend, 4 spawns). I can't however seem to find a way to get units spawned via this mods Spawner Module to follow a waypoint without it effecting every zombie on the map (I have other objectives set up, like clear an area, where preplaced units are located.) Using the dedicated waypoint attracts the other zombies on the map, including those from the other spawners. Can't seem to find out if regular waypoints can work with modular spawned AI. Any way to get around this?

Also if I may add: I'd love to see an option in the spawner to randomize times between waves and randomize number of units if that's ever a possibility in the future!

Any help is greatly appriciated, thanks

It's a limitation of the mod and has been for a long time. One waypoint for all spawners.

First of all, nice script!

I love it.

We only have a problem.

If the server is restarting the zombies spawn good.

4/5 at the time in every town.

The problem is, after a couple of minutes (10/20) the zombies don't spawn anymore.

If play around like an hour of 2 then maybe 3 or 4 spawns but thats it.

If the server restart again, then it works good again for a couple of minutes.

Does anyone has the same or does anyone has the solution for this?

Thnx

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help. I'm trying to make a map based around defending an airfield from waves of zombies. I'm looking to get 4 spawners that would spawn a wave and make that and only that group to follow a waypoint to attack its designated area (4 areas to defend, 4 spawns). I can't however seem to find a way to get units spawned via this mods Spawner Module to follow a waypoint without it effecting every zombie on the map (I have other objectives set up, like clear an area, where preplaced units are located.) Using the dedicated waypoint attracts the other zombies on the map, including those from the other spawners. Can't seem to find out if regular waypoints can work with modular spawned AI. Any way to get around this?

Also if I may add: I'd love to see an option in the spawner to randomize times between waves and randomize number of units if that's ever a possibility in the future!

Any help is greatly appriciated, thanks

I'm not quite sure how much more we're going to expand the spawner modules..

We've already made it very modular using a lot of options and at this point people tend to forget that methods of spawning zombies isn't limited to just our spawner module. It isn't much different from spawning regular human AI.

This means that you can probably use a handful of AI spawner scripts and just change the classnames to match the zombies classnames and spawn stuff that way. 

Now don't conclude from this that we're done with the mod or anything, heck no, we're introducing a new zombie type and new features in the next version (that isn't a hotfix). It's just uncertain at this point whether we'd continue to expand the spawner module with even more options. We'll see I guess ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Well, it was like that before. We however changed that to the inventory system. I doubt we'll be changing it back.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

yeah i have an issue with that when i try to use it if i host a MP session everything works fine but i can't use pills or injector there are in my inventory i double click and not work maybe i miss something.... its  possible to set an addAction line for this in of playable unit init ? 

Great Mod guys, I do have one question though. Is there a way to get the zombies to work with the Alive Mod. I enjoy using the mod but it gets boring knowing where they are and how many. Is there an over-all class name for the zombies?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I've introduced a new feature of the zombies that I think will greatly benefit the ambiance of zombies at night: Glowing eyes

QjgRSHc.png

More pictures:

https://gyazo.com/65143f8ddf183dd66640dcaf57280342

https://gyazo.com/4c033e2c74e466c449a4ac71d68dea63

https://gyazo.com/4d3803f5e71b8476cffc856e9a211e3c

We're still working on some more new features so stay tuned!

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

nice feature "Glowing eye's "

would be nice if every zombie class had there own eye color

Demons blue

runners red

walkers yellow

and crawlers & biters green

Awesome MOD!!! But the zombies are climbing the stairs, this will be fixed? Thanx!...

I have read and searched alot on this and i cant find a definitive answer for someone like me. im VERY new to seting up servers and i am trying to get JUST zombies and demons to run on the server. the problem i keep having is that when the server loads the player (me) into it, the mod makes the screen flash and wont load and the error message is as follows "mpmissions_zombie.zargabad\mission.sqm/mission/entities/item7.type: vehicle class ryanZM_modulespawn no longer exists". I would greatly appercate somehelp ASAP with this.

thanks in advance gsg

Just though I'd drop this here as a little preview for Season 2 of Day Of The Dead. Obviously featuring Zombie & Demons. Previous to 1.58 we had loads of fun with making the Demons jump its pretty damn scary. However they seem to die due to fall damage in 1.58 which made for the lols seeing a demon kill himself by jumping but kind of ruined the scare.

I've seen that a few times, I believe they're most likely getting shot right after jumping or while in mid air. When they die while falling it's hard to tell if they're dead as the rag dolling looks almost the same. :P

Nice video btw, looking forward to the rest! I think the glowing eyes feature would fit in nicely with it. Check out this creepy screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/rywSOXb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yENmbjb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/amIfH7W.jpg

• Like 1

I present thy; Exploding heads

• Like 5

Very good immersion features that you guys are starting to roll out. +1 for being able to change the caliber required to pop heads. Looking forward to a feature in the future that makes it so that only head shots can kill zombies.

We're also working on a gorified head base to replace the missing head. :P Plus more sound effects.

any chance this will be made into a separate addon so we can get that old SLX goodness back?

i made some code to shoot helmets off of people and was planning on doing something similar to what you showed above. but it's always cool to see other people doing it instead and be the lazy consumer instead :lol:

either way. awesome stuff.

• Like 3