I just realised today that the simulation manager does not take triggers into account when its an "activated by blufor/opfor" etc"

Im creating a larger mission expanding the map with zeds as independant.Hostile to both opfor and blufor,i have many bulfor and opfor using bis function task patrol and simulation manager at 1000 meters to them.

The trouble is that the zombie spawn module is getting triggered and then zeds are continuing to spawn as the module settings dictate when i the player am not really present.

Long story short,im wondering if there is a plan in a later version to give the spawn module an option to spawn zombies only when player is within range?

cheers

I just realised today that the simulation manager does not take triggers into account when its an "activated by blufor/opfor" etc"

Im creating a larger mission expanding the map with zeds as independant.Hostile to both opfor and blufor,i have many bulfor and opfor using bis function task patrol and simulation manager at 1000 meters to them.

The trouble is that the zombie spawn module is getting triggered and then zeds are continuing to spawn as the module settings dictate when i the player am not really present.

Long story short,im wondering if there is a plan in a later version to give the spawn module an option to spawn zombies only when player is within range?

cheers

Sounds like something that can be done, so yeah it'll probably get added in a future version.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Sounds like something that can be done, so yeah it'll probably get added in a future version.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thanks mate it will make the use of aircraft flying throughout the map viable and not cause my rig to explode with hordes everywhere

That fire zombie looks amazing. It would look perfect coming out of a fiery wreck.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present Day Of The Dead - Part 4 - The Betrayal. DOTD is a series my group and myself whenever we can, it is a story driven role playing campaign set in the not to distant future. It of course largely features all the works of Zombies & Demons. Unfortunately we played this game literally 6 hours before Ryan updated to 4.0 so we don't have any of the stumbling walker zombies. But it is a good show case of what can be done with this excellent mod.
By the way guys we have been using the ZISHC - Zeus Server Intergration mod by Flyinpenguin to spawn the zombies through Zeus but onto the server instead of client side and it works like a freaking charm. Anyone planning on using Z&D in Zeus with a dedicated server it is almost a must have addition.

• Like 2

just add one fire emitter to the zombies chest..  

I tried that, it doesn't look quite right. you end up with flames starting from the chest and going up, it looks (in my opinion) better with flames running all up the body.

Could someone tell me how a horde that spawns reacts to suppressed weapons fired around or at them?

I was testing but my results are inconcistent.Are they like normal AI?

It seems that if i kill one zombie of a horde without him seeing me,the entire horde gets my position and descends on me.

Iv been testing at 50,100 and 200 meters.Could modded supressed weapons and atatchments also play a part in results?

That fire zombie looks amazing. It would look perfect coming out of a fiery wreck.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present Day Of The Dead - Part 4 - The Betrayal. DOTD is a series my group and myself whenever we can, it is a story driven role playing campaign set in the not to distant future. It of course largely features all the works of Zombies & Demons. Unfortunately we played this game literally 6 hours before Ryan updated to 4.0 so we don't have any of the stumbling walker zombies. But it is a good show case of what can be done with this excellent mod.

By the way guys we have been using the ZISHC - Zeus Server Intergration mod by Flyinpenguin to spawn the zombies through Zeus but onto the server instead of client side and it works like a freaking charm. Anyone planning on using Z&D in Zeus with a dedicated server it is almost a must have addition.

sweet vid rekkless

• Like 2

Could someone tell me how a horde that spawns reacts to suppressed weapons fired around or at them?

I was testing but my results are inconcistent.Are they like normal AI?

It seems that if i kill one zombie of a horde without him seeing me,the entire horde gets my position and descends on me.

Iv been testing at 50,100 and 200 meters.Could modded supressed weapons and atatchments also play a part in results?

Same as regular AI (groups). I'm not sure if any new AI-related arma commands that came out lately can make a difference.

Try shooting a human enemy group and you'll see the same thing happen. AIs in groups communicate enemy positions together via invisible radios :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Progress on this mod is fantastic, keep up the good work.

Just wanted to pipe in with an interesting photo gallery on The Guardian today - creepy scarecrows...

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2016/mar/29/colin-garratt-scarecrow-photography-geddes-gallery?CMP=fb_gu

Thought it could make a pretty sweet (and frightening) addition to the zombie lineup, to have a scarecrow that stays perfectly stationary until you get close to it, or perhaps it only moves when you're not looking at it, etc... :D

One request I would like to put forward is a medium paced zombie. The medium zombies are actually quite fast (they are the same speed as the player sprinting)

It would be good to see a zombie that is faster than the player jogging but slower than the player sprinting.

I remember playing WarZ back in the day and that is one of the things I liked the most about their zombies. Players could sprint to temporarily evade the zombies but as soon as you ran out of stamina the zombie would catch up to you can rain all kinds of hell.

RIght now it is easy to out run walkers, spiders, brittles and slow zombies. But impossible to outrun Medium, Fast and Demons. It would be good if there was a sweet spot in the middle where players could outrun a zombie but they would have only the time it takes to deplete their stamina to think of a way out of the situation they are in before the zombie would indefinitely catch up to them and make them their snack. Right now you have your almost certain death fast zombies and your token slow horror movie zombies but nothing really in the middle that gives the player an evadable challenge.

I know I can adjust the speed of the zombies manually with the zombie settings but that isn't something you really want to do for every mission you make.

The zombie wouldn't necessarily have to share the same animation as the other normal zombies they could be a class unto themselves like the spiders and brittles. But just so its pace is faster than players jogging but slower than players sprinting.

Maybe a decent compromise if you didn't want to make an entire class would be to just slow the medium zombie down to that speed and maybe slow the fast zombies down a little bit as well to close that gap (still keep them much faster than current medium zombies of course and much faster than a player sprinting). And keep the demons at car speeds.

Also how difficult would it be to get zombies to climb onto objects? In our DOTD missions a few of the players have figured out the easiest way to evade zombies is to climb onto a rock or climb up a ladder. The zombies will just stand there at the base of the rock or ladder and wait to get shot. It would be good if they would follow players where ever they went within reason. I know my group uses Enhanced Movement and we have a game play rule that players can't climb onto house roofs and pick of zombies one by one. I don't expect zombies to do anything outside of the normal Arma AI but getting them to follow players onto a rock or up a ladder would be gold.

Either way, top mod. You guys know I love it. Take it easy.

Just thinking about exclusion zones again because I'm stuck at work and what else is there to do besides think about ARMA?!?!

If you create a trigger, set it repeatable, and OPFOR (or whatever side your have your zombies set to) present.

Then in the activation field you basically say any unit OPFOR unit that enters the trigger gest setpos'd back say 0.2 or so, would that not be a VERY crude way of creating an exclusion zone?

Basically you'd have any zombie that entered that trigger pushed back as if they hit an invisible wall.

Would they keep bumping into it or eventually turn and walk a different direction if you have them set to roaming?

As I say I'm stuck at work at the moment so I can't really test it but it seems to my feeble mind that it could work.

Could also use markers + script I guess too? 

At the moment they detect targets as well as any normal AI do. To get them to react to sounds and other sorts of things could take a while to script, although in future we could consider adding it as a customisable extra, sort of thing. In the meantime maybe try using the new walker zombies. Combine that with a Zombie Settings module with roaming turned on and lowering their detection distance to 50-100m or whatever you like. See how that goes. ;)

Many thanks for considering my suggestion. I hope it makes it in a future version. Also thanks for the Config suggestions with the current version. I'll give those a try on the interim.

Great mod! :)

Hello ryan, great mod!  I'm trying to integrate this mod into our BECTI mission but I'm running into an issue. The zombies function normal (wandering around a town, reacting to enemy etc) however when I get out of a vehicle as infantry on foot, they stop charging me at about 50 paces out and just stand there motionless....Any idea what's going on?

I've been having some real PhysX fun putting loads of empty vehicles around my populated areas and having the zombies throw them all over the place...

What are the chances you can make them do the same thing with other placed objects? Would be lovely to have fire extinguishers, portaloos, traffic cones and power generators flying all over the place, knocking people down and breaking fences!

Hey guys,

I'm having a conflict between this mod and switch weapons while moving(http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21553). If I press my switch weapon button while running this mod, it goes into an infinite animation loop of repeatedly swapping weapons. The only way I've found to break the loop is to reload the weapon. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a known solution for the issue?

I tried searching this thread for a solution but it's 50+ pages :o

Hey guys I present Day Of The Dead Part 5, leading off from Part 4 the survivors now find themselves held captive by slavers at devils castle and must now escape all whilst avoiding the ongoing zombie infection.

Featuring pretty much as much of the features of Zombies and Demons including the feeding, wandering, spawning, attack civilians, resurrection it all makes for one hell of a game. In fact the scene at around 20:00 is quite possibly the most intense and scary if you will moment I've ever had in any zombie game ever.

Since this comes as PBO´d mod,how does one add an eventhandler to Zombies that got spawned during gameplay and are not there during mission start?

Hey guys,

I'm having a conflict between this mod and switch weapons while moving(http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21553). If I press my switch weapon button while running this mod, it goes into an infinite animation loop of repeatedly swapping weapons. The only way I've found to break the loop is to reload the weapon. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a known solution for the issue?

I tried searching this thread for a solution but it's 50+ pages :o

Yeah I get that also. It's definitely a conflict between Ryan's and switch weapon MOD. Only recently though, maybe since 4.1 was released.

Is there a way to reduce the attack range of zombies on vehicles? They are striking the car but are standing 15m away maybe. Thanks.

PS. Has anyone got the attachTo command working flawlessly on a dedi server session.

I attach a spawner module to a player and the zombies spawn initially but when I move to another area the spawner stops working. I have the delete module set to 250m and it deletes ok, I just don't get fresh spawned ones. Also do I need a spawner for each player, ie name the players Bob, Ben etc and use attachTo Bob, attachTo Ben etc on the separate spawner modules?

I'm just looking to achieve some random single zombies walking around the area of the players while away from my horde module areas.

Maybe there is a script I can use to spawn ambient zombies? If anyone knows of such a script I would be very grateful :)

• Like 1

We figured since there isn't much documentation on the manual controlled zombies, I made a video; 

Also hereby we're acknowledging that headless clients + spawners placed on editor are broken atm. We'll fix that in the next updates or so.

Stu, you can probably use stuff like COS (civilian occupation system) and use zombie classnames & sides instead of civs.

Also regarding the conflict with this and the weapon switching mod, not sure what that is but it doesn't matter much since 1.58 will have in-built functionality of weapon switching on the move

• Like 1

Hello ryan, great mod!  I'm trying to integrate this mod into our BECTI mission but I'm running into an issue. The zombies function normal (wandering around a town, reacting to enemy etc) however when I get out of a vehicle as infantry on foot, they stop charging me at about 50 paces out and just stand there motionless....Any idea what's going on?

Reposting for vis....

Reposting for vis....

I've never seen this before. However, I have seen them continue to attack the empty vehicle for a while after I've gotten out of it. They use "findnearestenemy" in their script and an empty vehicle recently driven by an enemy sometimes (not always) still counts as an enemy to them (hope to fix this in future).

If they're motionless, is the vehicle parked in a hard to get to spot? Also, are you playing as a civilian?