There is a bug, on a dedicated server the zombies will not appear in the zeus spawn list.

Thats not true, just be sure you have enabled all Addons for the Zeus module and you are fine.

@ryandombrowsky

Is it possible to give the Antivirus items a mass/weight?!

Or to diffine it?

Thank you in advance!

Do the modules still work if the zombies are zeus-spawned?

Also there is a slight visual bug, when they are spawned to rise from ground they appear standing for a small moment before disappearing into the ground.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by a small second. I tried this today on our dedicated server and the zombies came out of the ground ok.

some of them (particularly when you were spawning in a zombie type for the first time) would appear standing for perhaps 1 maybe 2 frames then appear crawling out of the ground. I wouldn't call this game breaking.

• Like 1

Thats not true, just be sure you have enabled all Addons for the Zeus module and you are fine.

@ryandombrowsky

Is it possible to give the Antivirus items a mass/weight?!

Or to diffine it?

Thank you in advance!

I have set it to load all addons even unofficial ones.

Can someone upload a basic zeus mission where the zombies are loaded properly?I have tried everything and I can not get it to work on a dedicated server.

Can someone upload a basic zeus mission where the zombies are loaded properly?I have tried everything and I can not get it to work on a dedicated server.

I set it up in this way:

Owner: #adminLogged

Name: 

Addons: All addons (incl. inofficial)

No syncronistation to units needet, just log in as Admin in game and you can spawn the Zombies.

If i am at home (7:00 AM CTE+1)  i can build a zeus mission for you.

I Just tried this mod out and its very well made.Lots of configurablee options is amazing.

Im having a problem however with zombies not de spawning after the player is a certain distance away.(blufor and set up as such if im reading it correctly that i can set a distance where blu for is in meters away)

Maybe im reading it wrong but it looks like zeds should be deleting when im out of a pre set range as the module says

• Like 1

I set it up in this way:

Owner: #adminLogged

Name: 

Addons: All addons (incl. inofficial)

No syncronistation to units needet, just log in as Admin in game and you can spawn the Zombies.

If i am at home (7:00 AM CTE+1)  i can build a zeus mission for you.

Would be great if you could upload a small mission that you can confirm shows zombies in zeus on a dedicated windows server.

I have tried everything, even 2.6 of the mod and that wont show too. But I recall using the zombies on a dedicated server a year ago.

I Just tried this mod out and its very well made.Lots of configurablee options is amazing.

Im having a problem however with zombies not de spawning after the player is a certain distance away.(blufor and set up as such if im reading it correctly that i can set a distance where blu for is in meters away)

Maybe im reading it wrong but it looks like zeds should be deleting when im out of a pre set range as the module says

The spawner module only handles spawning. It does no deleting of any kind. The deletion module is what you're after. Although I realize that uses a global 'distance' variable until deletion which is not linked to individual spawners. Maybe that'll change some day. :)

The spawner module only handles spawning. It does no deleting of any kind. The deletion module is what you're after. Although I realize that uses a global 'distance' variable until deletion which is not linked to individual spawners. Maybe that'll change some day. :)

Yes i understand that

i am using the deletion module,its simply not working and i have set different distances for BLUFOR not present to delete zombies at 200 meter,i tried 600meters and waited minutes but they did not delete. and im the only blufor on the map just testing

• Like 1

Yes i understand that

i am using the deletion module,its simply not working and i have set different distances for BLUFOR not present to delete zombies at 200 meter,i tried 600meters and waited minutes but they did not delete. and im the only blufor on the map just testing

Hmm weird.

Please report it here so we can take a closer look at the issue: http://zombiebugs.site40.net/

Kind regards

Sanchez

Tested on a local dedicated, still the problem exists. Means it can be ruled out my remote dedicated server is faulty. How is that possible?

Tested on a local dedicated, still the problem exists. Means it can be ruled out my remote dedicated server is faulty. How is that possible?

Isn't this the mystery problem where at least one patchname of the mod needs to be inserted into the addons section of the mission.sqm?

In English, see what happens if you place 1-2 zombies on the editor first and then try to access Zeus.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Make a new mission mate. I can spawn zombies in both locally and on a dedicated server via Zeus.

I had the same issue you are having several months ago, I managed to solve it by scrapping the mission and making a new one.

I can assure you the Zombies And Demons can be spawned in via Zeus both locally and on a dedicated server.

Yes i understand that

i am using the ,its simply  and i have set different distances for BLUFOR not present to delete zombies at 200 meter,i tried 600meters and waited minutes but they did not delete. and im the only blufor on the map just testing

same problem. Deletion module not working.

• Like 2

MrSanchez is right, you have to add the addons to the mission.

Here is a simple Zeus Mission example: 

version=51;
class EditorData
{
	moveGridStep=1;
	angleGridStep=0.2617994;
	scaleGridStep=1;
	autoGroupingDist=10;
	toggles=1;
	class ItemIDProvider
	{
		nextID=3;
	};
	class Camera
	{
		pos[]={23200.809,169.13719,17780.58};
		dir[]={-0.3899157,-0.8864525,0.24933572};
		up[]={-0.74681646,0.46281984,0.47755978};
		aside[]={0.53873169,1.937151e-007,0.84247786};
	};
};
binarizationWanted=0;
addons[]=
{
	"A3_Modules_F_Curator_Curator",
	"A3_Data_F_Curator_Characters",
	"ryanzombies",
	"ryanzombiesfunctions"
};
randomSeed=15272827;
class ScenarioData
{
	author="[RG] Salutesh";
	overviewText="Just a simple Zeus mission for Zombies and Deamons.";
	disabledAI=1;
	class Header
	{
		gameType="Sandbox";
		minPlayers=1;
		maxPlayers=1;
	};
};
class CustomAttributes
{
	class Category0
	{
		name="Multiplayer";
		class Attribute0
		{
			property="RespawnButton";
			expression="true";
			class Value
			{
				class data
				{
					class type
					{
						type[]=
						{
							"SCALAR"
						};
					};
					value=1;
				};
			};
		};
		class Attribute1
		{
			property="RespawnTemplates";
			expression="true";
			class Value
			{
				class data
				{
					class type
					{
						type[]=
						{
							"ARRAY"
						};
					};
					class value
					{
						items=1;
						class Item0
						{
							class data
							{
								class type
								{
									type[]=
									{
										"STRING"
									};
								};
								value="None";
							};
						};
					};
				};
			};
		};
		nAttributes=2;
	};
	class Category1
	{
		name="Scenario";
		class Attribute0
		{
			property="EnableDebugConsole";
			expression="true";
			class Value
			{
				class data
				{
					class type
					{
						type[]=
						{
							"SCALAR"
						};
					};
					value=0;
				};
			};
		};
		nAttributes=1;
	};
};
class Mission
{
	class Intel
	{
		briefingName="Zombies Zeus";
		resistanceWest=0;
		timeOfChanges=1800.0002;
		startWeather=0.30000001;
		startWind=0.1;
		startWaves=0.1;
		forecastWeather=0.30000001;
		forecastWind=0.1;
		forecastWaves=0.1;
		forecastLightnings=0.1;
		year=2035;
		month=6;
		day=24;
		hour=12;
		minute=0;
		startFogDecay=0.013;
		forecastFogDecay=0.013;
	};
	class Entities
	{
		items=2;
		class Item0
		{
			dataType="Logic";
			class PositionInfo
			{
				position[]={23400.016,3.1900001,18199.844};
			};
			id=0;
			type="ModuleCurator_F";
			class CustomAttributes
			{
				class Attribute0
				{
					property="ModuleCurator_F_Owner";
					expression="_this setVariable ['Owner',_value,true];";
					class Value
					{
						class data
						{
							class type
							{
								type[]=
								{
									"STRING"
								};
							};
							value="#adminLogged";
						};
					};
				};
				class Attribute1
				{
					property="ModuleCurator_F_Forced";
					expression="_this setVariable ['Forced',_value,true];";
					class Value
					{
						class data
						{
							class type
							{
								type[]=
								{
									"SCALAR"
								};
							};
							value=0;
						};
					};
				};
				class Attribute2
				{
					property="ModuleCurator_F_Name";
					expression="_this setVariable ['Name',_value,true];";
					class Value
					{
						class data
						{
							class type
							{
								type[]=
								{
									"STRING"
								};
							};
							value="";
						};
					};
				};
				class Attribute3
				{
					property="ModuleInfo";
					expression="false";
					class Value
					{
						class data
						{
							class type
							{
								type[]=
								{
									"BOOL"
								};
							};
							value=1;
						};
					};
				};
				class Attribute4
				{
					property="ModuleCurator_F_Addons";
					expression="_this setVariable ['Addons',_value,true];";
					class Value
					{
						class data
						{
							class type
							{
								type[]=
								{
									"SCALAR"
								};
							};
							value=3;
						};
					};
				};
				nAttributes=5;
			};
		};
		class Item1
		{
			dataType="Group";
			side="West";
			class Entities
			{
				items=1;
				class Item0
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
						position[]={23502.537,3.1914389,18201.217};
					};
					side="West";
					flags=3;
					class Attributes
					{
						isPlayer=1;
					};
					id=2;
					type="b_survivor_F";
				};
			};
			class Attributes
			{
			};
			id=1;
		};
	};
};

This is wath you need in your mission.sqm:

addons[]=
{
	"ryanzombies",
	"ryanzombiesfunctions"
};

Works for me.

That fixed it. I have to place at least one zombie for the addon to get written into the mission. This is a very odd bug. The addons are loaded properly on the server but still require to appear in the sqm.

That fixed it. I have to place at least one zombie for the addon to get written into the mission. This is a very odd bug. The addons are loaded properly on the server but still require to appear in the sqm.

I assure you it isn't a bug there is something wrong with your mission.

I have multiple Zeus template and none of them have any problem spawning in any zombies.

same problem. Deletion module not working.

I just checked and there was a small annoying typo with the deletion module script. Will fix it and I'll probably do a hotfix within a few days.

• Like 1

I just checked and there was a small annoying typo with the deletion module script. Will fix it and I'll probably do a hotfix within a few days.

Thank you

You get help and just ignored it. You call things buggy without any idea. Sorry but thats just sad..

I do some work for CUP now and then and a few people noticed the same issue with CUP factions, doesn't happen for everyone though, still unsure what's causing it.

But at least it works for you now, I can't imagine it being a problem to add one zombie in the middle of nowhere for your missions.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hi Ryan & MrSanchez. 

Thanks for a great mod. I have been a follower and a user for some time now. I use your mod on the 2 of my 5 servers which run exile with the addition of Patrix87's exile addon for the triggers.

I just quickly want to outline some feedback from players I'm getting from both my exile servers....

In old Arma 2 DayZ mod and DayZ Epoch, the zombies worked on player proximity for their initial spawn but, then worked on sight and sound to home in on the player. So, if the player remained silent and out of sight, the zeds would loiter and only start running towards the player and attacking him if they saw him or heard him. This made the zeds in those mods truly great imo.

With the way they work in your mod, they spawn in and are always on their way to you. It's not a case of 'if' but more 'when' you're going to get attacked. This will happen regardless of how well hidden you are, how quiet you're being, or using a silenced rifle etc.

I'm wondering if you would be prepared to look at some of that old DayZ or DayZ Epoch code and see if you would be prepared to modify the mod to work in this way? 

Please feel free to virtually beat me up if I've missed something in some config somewhere but, I have checked with Patrix87 to see if this could be managed through his addon and he has referred me to you guys.

Again, thanks for a great mod :)

Hi Ryan & MrSanchez. 

Thanks for a great mod. I have been a follower and a user for some time now. I use your mod on the 2 of my 5 servers which run exile with the addition of Patrix87's exile addon for the triggers.

I just quickly want to outline some feedback from players I'm getting from both my exile servers....

In old Arma 2 DayZ mod and DayZ Epoch, the zombies worked on player proximity for their initial spawn but, then worked on sight and sound to home in on the player. So, if the player remained silent and out of sight, the zeds would loiter and only start running towards the player and attacking him if they saw him or heard him. This made the zeds in those mods truly great imo.

With the way they work in your mod, they spawn in and are always on their way to you. It's not a case of 'if' but more 'when' you're going to get attacked. This will happen regardless of how well hidden you are, how quiet you're being, or using a silenced rifle etc.

I'm wondering if you would be prepared to look at some of that old DayZ or DayZ Epoch code and see if you would be prepared to modify the mod to work in this way? 

Please feel free to virtually beat me up if I've missed something in some config somewhere but, I have checked with Patrix87 to see if this could be managed through his addon and he has referred me to you guys.

Again, thanks for a great mod :)

At the moment they detect targets as well as any normal AI do. To get them to react to sounds and other sorts of things could take a while to script, although in future we could consider adding it as a customisable extra, sort of thing. In the meantime maybe try using the new walker zombies. Combine that with a Zombie Settings module with roaming turned on and lowering their detection distance to 50-100m or whatever you like. See how that goes. ;)