Will I have to update all zombie/demon missions with the new update or can people still be able to play with new update regardless?

Will I have to update all zombie/demon missions with the new update or can people still be able to play with new update regardless?

Your missions don't need to be updated afaik. However, if you have a dedicated server and it checks for signature verification, then you probably want to update as clients will have different signatures.

Works just as fine with civilians. ;)

As Sanchez said, I guess we'll switch from bis_fnc_mp to remoteexec for the next update. Hopefully that'll help!

THANKS !

Feedback on the animation problem in Exile.

The animation are not working when called from the RyanZombies mod when using Exile even in local in the editor using the included spawner logic.

So you are right, Exile is "Blocking" it from the client side.

One thing though, is that I'm using Switchmove to call the salutout / spawning animation from ryanzombies when spawning them with my custom spawning script.

and it's working fine.

So one of the solution I could use would be to port zombies.sqf to the server spawning script addon.

If you your ok with that of course.

Looks like not only the animation problems in Exile,also the infection,zombie jump,throw vehicle ...and other functions were based on BIS_fnc_MP,so really hope mod creators can resolve these issues.

So far this mod still a great zombie mod then others that once I played.

Hi Gents,

First off love the mod, I have it running on a Linux build after encountering the BI issue around Windows. :)

However my zombies don't jump which I remember seeing on other servers a while ago.

Is there a problem with zombies jumping?

I have had a look at the zombie spawn settings and there doesn't appear to be a "enable jumping" option (unless I'm blind). :P

You can find the jumping option under game logic > zombie settings. :)

Airborne, will change that in the next update. Hopefully it'll all work then. ;)

Started working on a new type of walker zombie. They'll have new animations and be a little slower than the slow zombies, good for foggy missions and whatever. :P

• Like 1

Hey Mr. Ryan sir do you think you could add in the option to tweak the speed of each zombie type? I want to have the slow zombies be a little faster and I want the fast zombies to be a little slower. See I wanna use your zombies in Exile but in Exile you have to wait for loot to spawn, bambis don't start with guns, and I want the Zombies to be tough as sheet, and do high damage fast. If they move too fast then they'll just kill you when you reload, also they can glitch through walls easier, less tolerant of lag. Maybe if there was the option to tweak the speed of the zombie types (as well as have a big range of heath option) that would be pretty cool and then maybe Patrix could add the config options to his ExileZ script. *wink* *wink*

Hello all!

What settings do you guys use for the best mix in performance / but still some intensive action? 

Say i want to use several spawners located in different towns...

With default settings my cpu starts a small fire after some minutes in a spawner-zone

Thanks! 

Emton, I'll try but I don't think that's possible without editting the config and permenantly changing it.

Sinny, first make sure to use the spawner module and not the game logic spawners. You can change all kinds of settings in there. I think the default max alive amount is like 100. If you're using 3 spawners, then it'll be 300 across all of them. I'd probably lower each one to maybe 30 or 40 and see how that goes.

Ok if you want an idea of how it might work. Keep the base speed of each zombie how it is. Then for each type Ryanzombiesfast, Ryanzombiesmedium, Ryanzombiesslow a setting "0.5" makes that type 50% slower. Setting "1.5" makes that type 50% faster.

Ryanzombiesfast = 0.75; // 25% slower

Ryanzombiesmedium = 0.5; // 50% slower

Ryanzombiesslow = 1.25; // 25% faster

As an example.

Ok if you want an idea of how it might work. Keep the base speed of each zombie how it is. Then for each type Ryanzombiesfast, Ryanzombiesmedium, Ryanzombiesslow a setting "0.5" makes that type 50% slower. Setting "1.5" makes that type 50% faster.

Ryanzombiesfast = 0.75; // 25% slower

Ryanzombiesmedium = 0.5; // 50% slower

Ryanzombiesslow = 1.25; // 25% faster

As an example.

Lol, I appreciate your effort :P

Anyway, speed of zombies is decided by config. You can't change config values on the fly, so dynamic speeds are pretty much impossible with the way we've got the zombies system set up right now.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Lol, I appreciate your effort :P

Anyway, speed of zombies is decided by config. You can't change config values on the fly, so dynamic speeds are pretty much impossible with the way we've got the zombies system set up right now.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I'm not talking about changing config values on the fly or dynamically. Just a config option to tweak the speed of each zombie type like there is for Ryanzombieshealth, Ryanzombiesattackdistance etc. Not changing dynamically, just a set speed...

I'm not talking about changing config values on the fly or dynamically. Just a config option to tweak the speed of each zombie type like there is for Ryanzombieshealth, Ryanzombiesattackdistance etc. Not changing dynamically, just a set speed...

Health, attack distance and all that are all scripted. You can change scripts/variables once the game is running. You cannot change config values when the game is running. Engine limitations I'm afraid.

If you want to, you can unbinarize the PBO, open the config.cpp in the /anims folder and change the speeds yourself, repackage the PBO and test it. Re-distribution of that modified PBO (other than within a closed community) is however not allowed.

With the way we've got things going, it's just not possible to do what you request, it would be amazing though....but impossibru.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I see, in that case, if you're really interested in this possibility, the next best thing would be simply add a few extra classes to choose from. Possibly they could follow a naming convention like this:

Ryanzombiesfast (default)

Ryanzombiesfast1 (10% faster)

Ryanzombiesfast11 (20% faster)

Ryanzombiesfast111 (30% faster)

Ryanzombiesfast0 (10% slower)

Ryanzombiesfast00 (20% slower)

Ryanzombiesfast000 (30% slower)

(maybe up to 40 or 50% slower)

Ryanzombiesmedium (default)

Ryanzombiesmedium1 (10% faster)

Ryanzombiesmedium11 (20% faster)

Ryanzombiesmedium111 (30% faster)

Ryanzombiesmedium0 (10% slower)

Ryanzombiesmedium00 (20% slower)

Ryanzombiesmedium000 (30% slower or more)

Same for Ryanzombiesslow except they're just about slow enough so instead, just extra faster

Ryanzombiesslow (default)

Ryanzombiesslow1

Ryanzombiesslow11

Ryanzombiesslow111

Ryanzombiesslow1111

Ryanzombiesslow11111

Ryanzombiesslow111111 (up to 60% faster)

Well I guess maybe that's one way to do it, I admit I'm sure you know a lot better than I do but this looks like it covers a lot of options for their speed (without using crazy values that would make the animations look wrong) I don't want to hack your mod I want people to get it through your steam workshop. But some of these kinds of settings can make balancing impossible (unless I change the balance in other ways, that I kind of don't want) So to me the ultimate configurable zombie mod has it all: change health, speed, attack speed, attack distance, all that stuff and you got most of it, just the speed (and I'm having another bug with the health but I don't think it is Z&D) would be good to be able to shift the speed of the zombies just a little bit. You're gonna have a lot of people wanting to add your Zombies to their Exile and other kind of servers anything that can be done for online optimization and stuff would be good (I read the animations might get fixed that sounds great) I love the mod I just want it to fit with the specific gameplay I have in mind. Thanks for reading.

I see, in that case, if you're really interested in this possibility, the next best thing would be simply add a few extra classes to choose from. Possibly they could follow a naming convention like this:

Ryanzombiesfast (default)

Ryanzombiesfast1 (10% faster)

Ryanzombiesfast11 (20% faster)

Ryanzombiesfast111 (30% faster)

Ryanzombiesfast0 (10% slower)

Ryanzombiesfast00 (20% slower)

Ryanzombiesfast000 (30% slower)

(maybe up to 40 or 50% slower)

Ryanzombiesmedium (default)

Ryanzombiesmedium1 (10% faster)

Ryanzombiesmedium11 (20% faster)

Ryanzombiesmedium111 (30% faster)

Ryanzombiesmedium0 (10% slower)

Ryanzombiesmedium00 (20% slower)

Ryanzombiesmedium000 (30% slower or more)

Same for Ryanzombiesslow except they're just about slow enough so instead, just extra faster

Ryanzombiesslow (default)

Ryanzombiesslow1

Ryanzombiesslow11

Ryanzombiesslow111

Ryanzombiesslow1111

Ryanzombiesslow11111

Ryanzombiesslow111111 (up to 60% faster)

Well I guess maybe that's one way to do it, I admit I'm sure you know a lot better than I do but this looks like it covers a lot of options for their speed (without using crazy values that would make the animations look wrong) I don't want to hack your mod I want people to get it through your steam workshop. But some of these kinds of settings can make balancing impossible (unless I change the balance in other ways, that I kind of don't want) So to me the ultimate configurable zombie mod has it all: change health, speed, attack speed, attack distance, all that stuff and you got most of it, just the speed (and I'm having another bug with the health but I don't think it is Z&D) would be good to be able to shift the speed of the zombies just a little bit. You're gonna have a lot of people wanting to add your Zombies to their Exile and other kind of servers anything that can be done for online optimization and stuff would be good (I read the animations might get fixed that sounds great) I love the mod I just want it to fit with the specific gameplay I have in mind. Thanks for reading.

We won't be adding in more classes like that. It's way too time consuming and ultimately clutters the editor/spawners. Guess you're going to have to balance your mission out differently :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Ah man that's simple you just duplicate them and change the speed....

First I want to say, I love the mod my friends and I have come back to playing ARMA3 and this mod gets alot of use.

I have a question/request. I have been making some missions and playing around with trying to get zombies to play possum. What I am gettting at is, usually my mission are just small coop 2-10 players and looking for a way to put single zombies in the mission that look dead but once you get within a meter or so they "wake-up". I am looking to add some scare factor. Walk into a room, 4 dead zombies on the floor think the room is clear but then one stands up. I was able to get this idea to work but it was very hacky and the animations would not work. Zombie would go from lying to standing, no transition. Also had a hard time getting zombie to look dead,compared to really dead zombies. I am not sure how hard this would be to implement. 

I know the first thought would be shoot every dead zombie on the ground but with limited ammo and when you are being attacked ppl tend to forget to check the dead ones.

If something like this is doable, great. If it is not then I understand.

One last thing, this may have been mentioned already. I have not searched the whole thread. Playing missions we have had a few times where friends and I run into a building and zombies hit us through the walls. We cant  shoot them but they are able to still hit us. We have learned to stay in the middle of rooms and usually the zombie with "teleport" through the wall. Not sure if this is even a problem with this mod or a problem with the buildings. 

Nomad

• Like 1

Ah man that's simple you just duplicate them and change the speed....

Or you could fiddle with SetAnimSpeedCoef and set the required stamina level. ;)

EDIT : And don't forget to disable stamina once you've defined a satisfying fatigue level to have it "locked".

Or you could fiddle with SetAnimSpeedCoef and set the required stamina level. ;)

EDIT : And don't forget to disable stamina once you've defined a satisfying fatigue level to have it "locked".

Oh wow, I didn't even know about this command. Zombies shouldn't be affected by stamina btw because they never sprint, in fact, zombies ALWAYS walk, we simply replaced their walking animations and speeds. (This is why zombies can run inside buildings unlike regular AI which are forced to walk inside buildings).

setAnimSpeedCoef seems to not only affect the speed of the animation but also the actual running speed of a zombie (tested by controlling a zombie in SP). So I guess we may be able to implement something like this eventually :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Oh wow, I didn't even know about this command. Zombies shouldn't be affected by stamina btw because they never sprint, in fact, zombies ALWAYS walk, we simply replaced their walking animations and speeds. (This is why zombies can run inside buildings unlike regular AI which are forced to walk inside buildings).

setAnimSpeedCoef seems to not only affect the speed of the animation but also the actual running speed of a zombie (tested by controlling a zombie in SP). So I guess we may be able to implement something like this eventually :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

That is one cool thing with the stamina changes : eventhough everyone doesn't like it, it is much more flexible than before and allows to script a lot of cool features (like dynamic speed coef based on the weight carried by players).

As far as I know, setAnimSpeedCoef affects all walking/running related movements.

Nice touch about overriding the zombie walking speed by the way! Simple and efficient solution.

Here is part 3 of our long running Day Of The Dead series. This Episode introduces an all new Zombie (even one Ryan hasn't seen) a Juggernaut Demon hell bent on stalking the group the survivors and wiping them out. I hope you guys enjoy it.

We've been trying to play part 4 for weeks now but with this incompatibility with 1.54 and Ryan Zombies our server just crashes each time after about 20 minutes of game play. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do until BI patches this problem that wasn't in 1.52 or you guys find out what is causing it.

Doing a small update now, hopefully it'll fix the exile issues with animations, etc. Also added in that "setAnimSpeedCoef" script as a module, didn't know about that either and it was pretty cool to play around with. :)

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.6 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.6 - DROPBOX

What's new:

- Antivirus pills and injector are now items instead of objects.
- Script improvements (including BIS_fnc_MP changed to remoteExecCall).
- Additional "Movement Speed" module allowing full customisation of speed for each zombie type.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Doing a small update now, hopefully it'll fix the exile issues with animations, etc. Also added in that "setAnimSpeedCoef" script as a module, didn't know about that either and it was pretty cool to play around with. :)

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.6 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.6 - DROPBOX

What's new:

- Antivirus pills and injector are now items instead of objects.

- Script improvements (including BIS_fnc_MP changed to remoteExecCall).

- Additional "Movement Speed" module allowing full customisation of speed for each zombie type.

Enjoy!

Awesome news man, can't wait to try it out. We haven't been able to use Z&D for weeks due to server crashes. Time to plan Day Of The Dead 4.