Thanks for informing us about the updated release :-)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Zombies and Demons v3.5

** Armaholic now supports authors with donation button/links. When you have any donation/support links please contact me!

I made the spawner script for Exile called ExileZ 2,

I can't get any of the animations like spawning, attacking, etc to work properly...

Do you have any idea why ?

The script I made is simply creating the unit and placing it into a group.

Exile probably blocks CfgRemoteExec? Try overriding it and whitelist the zombie functions.

E.g. we wrote a small function to sync switchMove as there is no global variant of switchMove in arma (playmove interpolates too much).

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hey Ryan and Sanchez

Loving 3.5, the new feeding sounds and zombie sounds are great.

I'm super keen to try this infection module out but I can't find the infection pills or injections anywhere in the virtual arsenal. Perhaps I missed them, I was looking under Misc. Items.

I also tried looking in Zeus for a ammo box or some kind of Z&D box that might have them in and couldn't find anything.

How do we equip the pills and injections?

The bogan has currently turned them into objects, equipable by addAction - we/i intend to change that to an item-based system next update.

So right now you can find them under Empty -> Zombie Antivirus - I believe.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Exile probably blocks CfgRemoteExec? Try overriding it and whitelist the zombie functions.

E.g. we wrote a small function to sync switchMove as there is no global variant of switchMove in arma (playmove interpolates too much).

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Ok good, but how do I do that?

I found that : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgRemoteExec

Which is a good start,

I can place that in my Addon config.cpp I guess

But I'm not sure what to place where in that block of code...

So I've got the spawning animation working by calling them directly when I spawn the zombies

I've placed this in my addon config.cpp 

class CfgRemoteExec
{        
	class Functions
	{
		mode = 1;
		jip = 1;
		class fnc_RyanZombies_SwitchMove
		{
			allowedTargets=1;
			jip = 1;
		};
	};        
	class Commands
	{	
	};
};

And it seems that it does no do any difference...

What addon config cpp are you talking about?  I suspect exile has a cfgremoteexec in their actual mission - that would overwrite your config one - try testing the animations without exile enabled 

I'd have to edit the config and make all the zombies like that normally. I'm not sure if there's another way. Try using the max health module and making them stronger. Then they'll take around 10-15 shots in the body, and 1 or maybe 2 in the head to die.

• Like 1

Ummm when i start the game in editor i get the message "no entry bin/config.bin/CfgVehicles/RyanZombieBoss1/HitPoints/HitFace.name". Everything works fine, except that zombies NEVER ATTACK ME no matter how many of them there are and what i do to them, they will just stand there or move away, but never attack. 

How do i fix this?

Well, make sure you're on the opposite side of them (ie, opfor against blufor). With the hitface error, what version of Arma are you using? Sounds like it's not the latest...

Heyyyy did you make the slow zombies easier to kill and even slower than before? I'm trying to use only slow zombies and making them tough to kill. Before I couldn't even kill a zombie with 7.62 in 2 headshots. Now I can one shot with 6.5mm, even .45 and 9mm only takes 2 shots to the head now. It made it way too easy, before it was perfect they were just the right speed to be dangerous, took a ton of bullets to kill, had to have something like a 12.7mm to one shot them in the head. Now the only thing I can do to make it tough enough is add in running zombies but unless I can configure their health separately it's not gonna work I can't have tough zombies and running zombies because the runners will kill you everytime (I use very fast attack speeds, also if you happen to have no ammo you can't even run away they will follow you forever, bad balance) Don't know what I can do I just want the slow zombies but their speed and damage they can take has to be tweaked just right...

Edit: I tried some more using runner zombies, you can gain some distance on them running away and they're not too hard to kill it's just if I balance the gameplay for running zombies, then slow zombies become almost pointlessly easy. I guess I'll just try some other settings maybe use all running zombies...

The bogan has currently turned them into objects, equipable by addAction - we/i intend to change that to an item-based system next update.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Do you think it would be to much to ask to make them a consumable for exilemod ?

Or is that something I would have the right to do and publish with ExileZ 2 using your models? *(ExileZ 2 being a zombie spawner for Exile Server that requires RyanZombies to be running on the server and client)

What addon config cpp are you talking about?  I suspect exile has a cfgremoteexec in their actual mission - that would overwrite your config one - try testing the animations without exile enabled 

You can theorically place CFGRemoteExec in the config.cpp of a mod or addon.

But in the present case I've also tried placing it in description.ext of the mission

class CfgRemoteExec
{
	class Functions
	{
		mode = 1;
		jip = 0;
		class fnc_AdminReq { allowedTargets=2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_SwitchMove{ allowedTargets=0; };
		class ExileServer_system_network_dispatchIncomingMessage { allowedTargets=2; };
	};
	class Commands
	{
		mode=0;
		jip=0;
	};
};

But no success.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Cheers

I just tested it out. Having the cure and pills as objects only addable via the editor it kind of nullifies missions for Zeus, unless you want to add custom loadouts.

It will be good however to see it implemented as an item we can add and remove via Virtual Arsenal and even if thee was an ammo box Zeus's can drop that would be awesome too.

One request would be to make it ACE compatible. Where I can go into my medical menu and inject the cure into my arm or leg like I do with Morphine or Epi.

Either way great work guys.

Do you think it would be to much to ask to make them a consumable for exilemod ?

Or is that something I would have the right to do and publish with ExileZ 2 using your models? *(ExileZ 2 being a zombie spawner for Exile Server that requires RyanZombies to be running on the server and client)

You can theorically place CFGRemoteExec in the config.cpp of a mod or addon.

But in the present case I've also tried placing it in description.ext of the mission

class CfgRemoteExec
{
	class Functions
	{
		mode = 1;
		jip = 0;
		class fnc_AdminReq { allowedTargets=2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_SwitchMove{ allowedTargets=0; };
		class ExileServer_system_network_dispatchIncomingMessage { allowedTargets=2; };
	};
	class Commands
	{
		mode=0;
		jip=0;
	};
};
But no success.

I know you can put the cfgremoteexec in an addon but imagine having it both in addon and in description.ext, in that case, description ext one overwrites.

Anyway please test the animations without exile running and tell me if it works.

Also, regarding the consumable stuff...I intend to script it so you can use the pills and or injector by double clicking it in the inventory.

Now, you may modify this behavior to fit exile, but I'm not sure what I think of it if you were distributing a modified version of our mod... So... I'll talk to Ryan about this.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I know you can put the cfgremoteexec in an addon but imagine having it both in addon and in description.ext, in that case, description ext one overwrites.

Anyway please test the animations without exile running and tell me if it works.

Also, regarding the consumable stuff...I intend to script it so you can use the pills and or injector by double clicking it in the inventory.

Now, you may modify this behavior to fit exile, but I'm not sure what I think of it if you were distributing a modified version of our mod... So... I'll talk to Ryan about this.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I'm not going to distributes the whole mod.

I would just add the exile version of those two items to ExileZ which is just a script not a mod.

I'm not going to distributes the whole mod.

I would just add the exile version of those two items to ExileZ which is just a script not a mod.

Yeah, it's fine if it's a script. I was just saying IF ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

thx for ur work!!!

and its possible to make Anti-VBirus Cure and pills  for Depolyable item via ZEUS?

really need it.

Hey Ryan and Sanchez

I've just done a google search on the subject and it appears that you guys know about it.

But whatever is crashing the Exile servers it is also happening to us. We had our server crash 5 times tonight with a memory crash as the Zeus's and game master we're spawning in Zombies. If it makes any sense I'll put the code below. As total speculation on the matter it might be some kind of incompatibility with Z&D and dedicated servers. Be advised we were spawning in zombies via 2 Zeus's and through MCC (which spawns them on the server). so we essentially had 3 hosts (owners) for the units.

After having no luck with our mission after about 2 hours we bailed on the Zombie idea and did a normal mission without hick up. With the exact same mods. I will say this has only been an issue since the 1.54 update, but I'm sure you've read and heard all about it from the Exile hosts.

0:54:08 bipod_hide - unknown animation source hasBipod

0:54:08 bipod_unhide - unknown animation source hasBipod

0:54:08 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)

0:54:08 Virtual memory free 2459 MB (2578456576 B)

0:54:08 Physical memory free 6150 MB (6449483776 B)

0:54:08 Page file free 282246 MB (295956578304 B)

0:54:08 Process working set 1152 MB (1208229888 B)

0:54:08 Process page file used 1420 MB (1489596416 B)

0:54:08 Longest free VM region: 2146369536 B

0:54:08 VM busy 1733578752 B (reserved 153772032 B, committed 1579806720 B, mapped 40300544 B), free 2561257472 B

0:54:08 Small mapped regions: 22, size 98304 B

after the last message the server hangs and every ones game freezes.

Disregard my last post it appears to be an issue with 1.54 which is exasperated by Z&D and there is little if anything you can do about it until BI patches ArmA.

Hmm, i cant seem to get the "spawned horde density" in the spawner module to work with the logic spawner...

It would be great to have them more spawn more spready

NM, got it working!

Awesome mod!

Did anyone test the infection,does it work properly on Civilian populated island? I need to make a squadnight with that setting soon ;)

Feedback on the animation problem in Exile.

The animation are not working when called from the RyanZombies mod when using Exile even in local in the editor using the included spawner logic.

So you are right, Exile is "Blocking" it from the client side.

One thing though, is that I'm using Switchmove to call the salutout / spawning animation from ryanzombies when spawning them with my custom spawning script.

and it's working fine.

So one of the solution I could use would be to port zombies.sqf to the server spawning script addon.

If you your ok with that of course.

Exile overrides afew functions for security / performance reasons.
If you look @ exile_client/trashbin   you will notice pretty much afew functions are overridden
including  BIS_fnc_MP  BIS_fn_MPexec.

Thats is why no remote execution for switchMove is working 

I'll inform Ryan to switch BIS_fnc_MP to the engine execution version, namely: remoteExec.

If that doesn't work then welp, screw it xD

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Did anyone test the infection,does it work properly on Civilian populated island? I need to make a squadnight with that setting soon ;)

Works just as fine with civilians. ;)

Exile overrides afew functions for security / performance reasons.

If you look @ exile_client/trashbin   you will notice pretty much afew functions are overridden

including  BIS_fnc_MP  BIS_fn_MPexec.

Thats is why no remote execution for switchMove is working 

As Sanchez said, I guess we'll switch from bis_fnc_mp to remoteexec for the next update. Hopefully that'll help!

• Like 2