Hi, 

first of all ! Awesome Mod and many thanks for making this! 
After the last update i found out that the ACE Damage Handler thing wasn't quite correct anymore (because of this hitpoint thing).
So i tryed to figuer it out.

The "old" Code for example in  "acedamage.sqf" causes a script error at an ACE function called fnc_handleDamage.sqf  
at Line 32 with the Error "not defined Variable _hitpointindex"

[_target, "body", (_target gethit "body") + Ryanzombiesdamage, objNull, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage;

this results in: no damge recognition by ACE at all ( or very minimal damage and it is not shown at the ace medical system) 
after changing the above line to:

[_target, (_target gethit "body") + Ryanzombiesdamage, "body", "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;

solved the Problem. ( found solution here https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2816 )

Damage is again recognized by ACE (Hitparts maybe "body" "hand_r" etc) and dealed to the player without errors. 

So i have rewirten all acedamage*.sqf files according to their original damge.

But whats not realy clear to me now is, how much damage is handled to the player. Also i don't know if the "new" function has any issus in Multiplayer.
Two Hits by a Opfor Zombie Typ1 and ACE brings me down to unconscious level (for a short time). 
But maybe you know better :) 

Hope i could help to fix the issue with ACE compatibility. 
Sorry for my poor english knowledges, I am not a native speaker :) 

P

for example the full  acedamage.sqf

_target = _this select 0;

if(isPlayer _target) then {

[-2,{
_target = _this;
if(player == _target) then {
[_target, "body", (_target gethit "body") + Ryanzombiesdamage, objNull, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage;
[_target, "leg_l", (_target gethit "leg_l") + Ryanzombiesdamage, objNull, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage;
[_target, "leg_r", (_target gethit "leg_r") + Ryanzombiesdamage, objNull, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage;
};
},_target] call CBA_fnc_globalExecute;

} else {
[_target, "leg_l", (_target gethit "leg_l") + Ryanzombiesdamage, objNull, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage;
[_target, "leg_r", (_target gethit "leg_r") + Ryanzombiesdamage, objNull, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_handleDamage;
};

to 

[-2,{
_target = _this;
[_target,  (_target gethit "body") + Ryanzombiesdamage, "body", "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;
[_target,  (_target gethit "leg_l") + Ryanzombiesdamage, "leg_l", "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;
[_target,  (_target gethit "leg_r") + Ryanzombiesdamage, "leg_r", "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;
};

} else {
[_target,  (_target gethit "body") + Ryanzombiesdamage, "body", "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;
[_target,  (_target gethit "leg_l") + Ryanzombiesdamage, "leg_l", "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;
[_target,  (_target gethit "leg_r") + Ryanzombiesdamage, "leg_r", "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;
};

The A3launcher needs an Update, all Players who connect throw A3 Laucher, will kicked from the game, because the Launcher install the old 3.0 Version.

The A3launcher needs an Update, all Players who connect throw A3 Laucher, will kicked from the game, because the Launcher install the old 3.0 Version.

The A3-launcher is not maintained by us....go to their website to notify them to update their mod.

I'll do another update within a few days. I'm working on the issues. I've fixed all the animations which has now fixed all of the "Bone head_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton" rpt errors. I'm hoping that's the cause for the problems as I can't see much else but I'm gonna keep testing it for a bit first. So far so good though.

Any way we could help ?

Hi Ryan,

First of all: thanks for this excellent mod. I've played a lot with Celery's zombies in ArmA 2 and your mod is the first mod that just didn't come close, but also surpassed it. With our clan we've done our fair share of ops with your mod and we are thankful for it.

We had to make our fair share of changes to it, and I hope these are some changes you would consider for a possible next release:

- ACE3 intergration further up this page has been merged.

- I've binarized the config.cpp, it gave issues otherwise when signing the pbo (we have a custom key for a custom modset)

Things on the todolist to is reducing the growl. Currently you can hear a zombie from 300m and from 100m it is asif they are next to you. I understand they have to be scary and intimidating, this defeats that purpose a bit.

Want me to send you the diffs?

Again, thanks! Keep up the good work! :)

S.

Hey, just though i'd notify that there is still crashes going on after the first hour or so with the latest version of ArmA 3 Server (1.54.133596) and RyanZombies 3.2, I'm not sure what the error is being caused by but as soon as I disable my custom spawner system the server will run absolutely fine, it looks although as it "could" be related to ArmA's memory allocator but I'm no expert, just thought i'd post this from my RPT for diagnostic purposes.

21:15:16 Error: can't resize AutoArray to negative size!
21:15:16 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)
21:15:16 Virtual memory free 1674 MB (1755385856 B)
21:15:16 Physical memory free 26999 MB (28310675456 B)
21:15:16 Page file free 23179 MB (24305274880 B)
21:15:16 Process working set 806 MB (846036992 B)
21:15:16 Process page file used 2113 MB (2216112128 B)
21:15:16 Longest free VM region: 1062649856 B
21:15:16 VM busy 2537689088 B (reserved 169947136 B, committed 2367741952 B, mapped 44138496 B), free 1757147136 B
21:15:16 Small mapped regions: 17, size 77824 B

Time for an update. Done hours of testing and haven't seen one rpt error. :)

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.3 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.3 - DROPBOX

Changelog:

- Creepy feeding animations added.
- Fixed the deletion module and improved its script.
- Removed the annoying game freeze when the first zombie of that type spawns.
- Zombies now follow their targets into water properly, and instead of swimming they run along the bottom.

- Ace damage fixed.
- No more rpt errors, minor script improvements and binarized configs.

• Like 1

Thanks once again :D

Is there anyway to out run the slower zombies if they lose sight of you? Currently it feels like if they spot you once they will follow you to the ends of the earth even if they haven't seen you again for 10 minutes.

Thanks once again :D

Is there anyway to out run the slower zombies if they lose sight of you? Currently it feels like if they spot you once they will follow you to the ends of the earth even if they haven't seen you again for 10 minutes.

+1

would be a great feature if they go back to roaming after 2-3 min when lost line of sight

but anyway's a great Mod ;)

Thanks for the update and nice to see that the "Error: Bone" spam is gone :)

mabe its a noobish thing, but i have a problem while adding loot to the zeds.

class Item0
                        {
                            value="FirstAidKit";
                            parentCls="RyanZM_ModuleLootSettings";
                            typeName="Items";
                        };

"FirstAidKit" it's just an example... what ever i fill in behind "value=" it gives me an error in rpt:

maybe i use a wrong quotation? i dunno...

2015/12/13, 17:02:55 Error in expression <_Items = FirstAidKit>
2015/12/13, 17:02:55   Error position: <FirstAidKit>
2015/12/13, 17:02:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: firstaidkit
2015/12/13, 17:02:55 Error in expression <_ItemsSoldier = FirstAidKit>
2015/12/13, 17:02:55   Error position: <FirstAidKit>
2015/12/13, 17:02:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: firstaidkit
2015/12/13, 17:02:55 Error in expression <aponsamountmax",1];

ryanzombiesitems = _Items;
ryanzombiesitemschance = _Itemsc>
2015/12/13, 17:02:55   Error position: <_Items;
ryanzombiesitemschance = _Itemsc>
2015/12/13, 17:02:55   Error Undefined variable in expression: _items
2015/12/13, 17:02:55 File ryanzombies\functions\fn_ModuleLootSettings.sqf, line 31

Would really appreciate a hint what i'm doing wrong.

Well...first of all, are you editing the mission.sqm with notepad? If so...there's a reason why A3 made a visualized editor that can read .sqm files....to avoid screwing up :D

If you aren't however, well...the value is supposed to be an array so place squared brackets around the items.

• Like 1

Nice... thanks for the fast reply MrSanchez, am just new to that scripting stuff :lol:

but googled now for how to used brackets on scripst "arrays", thanks for the hint.

i used the editor and placed just the name into the appropriate field.

now i edited it with notepad++ (goes faster then always starting editor) to ["Item"] and it works like a charm,

btw funny to see the loot is directly spawning on the ground next to the killed zed.

Love the mod, thanks for all the work u guys put in there B)

Ryan, Sanchez,

Thanks for the update! This update made my life a whole lot easier. :-)

This said, I'm busy with a Dynamic Zombie Sandbox-esque scenario based on this ( for now conviniently called Zombie Survival Sandbox ) and while it is nearing a state that warrents its first Public release I have a question about the loot module.

I would like to configure arrays after the scenario has started to allow the inclusion of ace and cup depending on the params. Is there a way for me to access the script behind the module and feed it custom arrays?

It seems I can add and remove elements from ryanzombiesitems and ryanzombiesitemsSoldier arrays etc etc on the server. :)

Hey Ryan! 

Thanks for the update!

If I can make a suggestion, I don't really think the Zombies need to do Bullet damage regarding the ACE integration. Also, they are dumb, so I think hitting always the body and legs seems off to me.

I made some modifications, making the zombies hitting random hitpoints and doing only Stabbing and Punching damage. Also, I made the zombies do regular damage to AI, since the server can be configured to not allow ACE medical on the bots. 

[-2,{
_target = _this;

_randomAttackType = ["stab","punch"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_randomAttackLocation = ["head", "body", "hand_l", "hand_r", "leg_l", "leg_r"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

[_target,  (_target gethit _randomAttackLocation) + Ryanzombiesdamage, _randomAttackLocation, _randomAttackType] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;

};

} else {
  _target setdamage (damage _target + Ryanzombiesdamage);
};

I hope it helps!

Thanks again for the mod. Keep the good work!

• Like 1

Ah, and another thing!

I think you should mention that CBA is required, since you're using CBA_fnc_globalExecute, right?

Cheers!

Ah, and another thing!

I think you should mention that CBA is required, since you're using CBA_fnc_globalExecute, right?

Cheers!

CBA is definitely not required ;)

ACE damage is only applied if ACE is detected. CBA fnc globalExec is used in a script that is only being executed when ACE is running, and since ACE depends on CBA....well... :P

Thanks for your previous suggestion

CBA is definitely not required ;)

ACE damage is only applied if ACE is detected. CBA fnc globalExec is used in a script that is only being executed when ACE is running, and since ACE depends on CBA....well... :P

Thanks for your previous suggestion

You are right! :)

Cheers!

hey everyone, 

been having some problems with zombies not following players and after awhile they seem to group together and just stand there posing no threat to anyone,

they spot the player follow them for about 5 feet and then wonder off as if they have better things to do somewhere else. 

SOWfKV6.jpg?1

t5xNPoD.jpg

hey everyone, 

been having some problems with zombies not following players and after awhile they seem to group together and just stand there posing no threat to anyone,

they spot the player follow them for about 5 feet and then wonder off as if they have better things to do somewhere else. 

SOWfKV6.jpg?1

t5xNPoD.jpg

This issue was not related to RyanZombies but to the older version of the spawning script you used.

Please keep the issues where they belong, over there in this case : http://www.exilemod.com/topic/7952-exilez-20/

Thanks

The new Hotfix for arma 1.54 came out and apparently servers are still crashing out of memory after a few hours when using RyanZombies.

Any Idea where to look,

I've built a pretty efficient dynamic spawning script for the Zeds, but I'm not an expert coder.

Does anyway "Expert" could take a look at it to see if it could be the cause of that crash ?

I would be surprised but I want to be 100% before saying it's the Zombies fault...

Thanks 

This issue was not related to RyanZombies but to the older version of the spawning script you used.

Please keep the issues where they belong, over there in this case : http://www.exilemod.com/topic/7952-exilez-20/

Thanks

This is happening without the script, I have ryans modules setup as well as the script... 

Just thought someone in here would be able to help me out, sorry for any inconvenience caused,

Thanks

A good way to check if something is an Exile problem is by launching @ryanzombies without exile and testing it.....if the problem still persists then, it's a ryanzombies problem, if not...well....Exile forums.

98% of the problems I read about are with Exile servers.....Exile changes quite a lot of stuff that could possibly break Z&D..They were never intended to work with eachother.

(The crashing of Exile servers running @ryanzombies is being investigated though - probably a Bohemia problem since 1.54)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1