Hey guys,

This addon is coming along really nicely, the true successor to Charon's zombie mod of the Arma 2 days.

The main question I have at the moment is if it's possible to make humans turn into zombies after just being 'bitten', instead of actually being killed and resurrecting? Ideally with an adjustable timer as well, or timer dependant on how many times the person was bitten.

This could really enable some great situations of infected soldiers returning to base before turning, etc... 

With Charon's mod in Arma 2, I created some really interesting situations with this mechanic, including a police patrol which carried the infection from one town to another. The first time I saw the police, one of them was bitten before they got back in the car...the next time, I simply stumbled upon the damaged police car, surrounded by blood, in a freshly-infected town...

Hi,

We have a feedback tracker and the thing you're describing has already been mentioned before :P

http://zombiebugs.site40.net/mantisbt/view.php?id=19

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is this update gonna hit A3 Launcher?  Plenty of Exile servers using it, and they rely on A3 Launcher.  (ATD Taviana, if you're looking for a good one)

Thanks.

Its already updated on A3L, got updated awhile ago

Hm.  Weird.  I wonder why ATD isn't using it yet.  Would be nice to have more varieties of zombies.

Who?

Great Mod !!!

I was playing the single player missions, and noticed that the zomibes/demons will run at me, but not attack me, they just come close.

Great Mod !!!

I was playing the single player missions, and noticed that the zomibes/demons will run at me, but not attack me, they just come close.

Odd, please open an issue on here: http://zombiebugs.site40.net/

Hi,

I've made a dynamic spawning add-on for ExileServer running with RyanZombies

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/7952-exilez-20/

I've added a feature to randomly spawn booby trapped zombies that detonate after being killed. *(ratio is adjustable) :)

Also, It seems that 1.54 is causing a lot of RPT Errors on servers with RyanZombies, I'll update the bugtracker.

Thanks

• Like 1

Bohemia has changed some stuff regarding hitpoints in their latest update (related to personal protection), this is causing errors with our zombies that have custom hitpoints.

I think we're able to push a hotfix out..

• Like 1

Bohemia has changed some stuff regarding hitpoints in their latest update (related to personal protection), this is causing errors with our zombies that have custom hitpoints.

I think we're able to push a hotfix out..

+1

Love this mod and it's a shame to have it disabled at the moment on my exile server.

Hi all, I updated the first post. Sorry it's been a while, this is a small update mainly to fix the Nexus update errors but also includes a couple other features.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.2 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.2 - DROPBOX

Changelog:

- All errors from the Nexus Arma update fixed, minor config and script improvements, and a new server key.
- New "Loot Settings" module added allowing zombies to drop items, magazines and/or weapons on death.
- Extra optional "Type" menu in the spawner module that allows you to manually write the classnames of which zombie you want spawned.

We're started working on custom skins and also some new eating animations, so they'll be released in future. :)

• Like 2

Hi all, I updated the first post. Sorry it's been a while, this is a small update mainly to fix the Nexus update errors but also includes a couple other features.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.2 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.2 - DROPBOX

Changelog:

- All errors from the Nexus Arma update fixed, minor config and script improvements, and a new server key.

- New "Loot Settings" module added allowing zombies to drop items, magazines and/or weapons on death.

- Extra optional "Type" menu in the spawner module that allows you to manually write the classnames of which zombie you want spawned.

We're started working on custom skins and also some new eating animations, so they'll be released in future. :)

Bogan, you topped my expectations, good job. I will give you a cookie on Steam.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Hi,

Thx for this quick update :)

But i have those spam in my rpt

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\idle.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\idle.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: campaign_base

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\demonidle.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: campaign_base

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\spideridle.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: campaign_base

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\crawleridle.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: campaign_base

any idea ?

Hi,

Thx for this quick update :)

But i have those spam in my rpt

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\idle.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: amovpercmstpsnonwnondnon

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\idle.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: campaign_base

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\demonidle.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: campaign_base

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\spideridle.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: campaign_base

Warning: looped for animation: ryanzombies\anims\crawleridle.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: campaign_base

any idea ?

The question is, how much spam is there and how much spam do you want?

Also, would you like eggs sausage and bacon with that spam?

But in all seriousness, how often is this spammed? If it isn't all that often and severe then we'll add it to our to-do list for future updates and we'll leave the hotfix for what it is.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

The question is, how much spam is there and how much spam do you want?

Also, would you like eggs sausage and bacon with that spam?

But in all seriousness, how often is this spammed? If it isn't all that often and severe then we'll add it to our to-do list for future updates and we'll leave the hotfix for what it is.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I see that only a couple of times

What I see a lot is this,

10:44:38 Error: Bone head_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone lefthandthumb3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone lefthandindex3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone lefthandmiddle3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone lefthandring3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone lefthandpinky3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone righthandthumb3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone righthandindex3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone righthandmiddle3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone righthandring3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone righthandpinky3_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone lefttoebase_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton
10:44:38 Error: Bone righttoebase_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

And every time that block appears I have a lag spike on the server.

But I've already reported that in the bug tracker.

Other than that everything is fine with the new 3.2

Thanks for releasing that patch so quickly

Great job!

I have a request / question

Could you use underscores instead of space in your mod folder name ?

I can't use launch parameters unless I rename the folder because launch parameters don't like spaces.

But then it won't auto-update.

And it's also a big problem for servers and headless clients.

Thanks.

Launch parameters like spaces when you include them in quotes ( " " )

And I believe you're talking about the Steam workshop? The Steam workshop auto-renamed @ryanzombies to @zombies and demons - Pretty stupid, perhaps Ryan can check if there is a way to override the renaming process....For now use dem quotes, yo.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

The Steam workshop auto-renamed @ryanzombies to @zombies and demons - Pretty stupid, ...

Just one of the many reason why I don't recommend or use the Steam Workshop.

I must say though, this mod is a welcome treat and a fantastic example of the excellent work that can be done with animation on the Real Virtuality 4 engine. Fantastic work!

I´m not sure what about this error:

10:14:57 "ExileZ 2.0: Zombie Spawner Activated"
10:14:57 "Administrator/log: ERROR: [bIS_fnc_selectRandom] Array has no elements."
10:14:57 Error in expression <all BIS_fnc_selectRandom) createUnit 
[
_position,
_group,
"
this addVest (zVe>
10:14:57   Error position: <_position,
_group,
"
this addVest (zVe>
10:14:57   Error Undefined variable in expression: _position
10:15:12 "Administrator/log: ERROR: [bIS_fnc_selectRandom] Array has no elements."
10:15:12 Error in expression <all BIS_fnc_selectRandom) createUnit 
[
_position,
_group,
"
this addVest (zVe>
10:15:12   Error position: <_position,
_group,
"
this addVest (zVe>
10:15:12   Error Undefined variable in expression: _position

This spams my Server, and ends sometimes with server crash:

3:24:16 "ExileZ 2.0: Deleting Zombies"

3:24:27 Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)
 3:24:27 Virtual memory free 2428 MB (2545958912 B)
 3:24:27 Physical memory free 26066 MB (27332939776 B)
 3:24:27 Page file free 49604 MB (52014039040 B)
 3:24:27 Process working set 1066 MB (1118449664 B)
 3:24:27 Process page file used 1438 MB (1508216832 B)
 3:24:27 Longest free VM region: 2146369536 B
 3:24:27 VM busy 1766408192 B (reserved 161894400 B, committed 1604513792 B, mapped 43569152 B), free 2528428032 B
 3:24:27 Small mapped regions: 17, size 77824 B
 3:31:27 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1091519516): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:35:07 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(798848902): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:35:07 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1259831982): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:36:09 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1379428716): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:39:54 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(936987681): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:40:52 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(903905498): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:41:26 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1190064395): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:42:22 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1274945598): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:43:14 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1768164291): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:45:27 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1185318918): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:46:19 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1365107243): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:54:22 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1938249304): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 3:55:08 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(942719191): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled
 5:22:53 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1060053728): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Even after 3.2 servers still get the error on servers:

--------------------------
Arma 3
---------------------------
Out of memory (requested -191756 KB).
  footprint 1651376128 KB.
  pages 81920 KB.

OK   

Disabling Ryanzombies no crashes and are stable

Arma 3 stop responding:

Mods: @Ryanzombies
Extensions:
  extDB2 (D:\Server\ExileServer\@exileserver\extDB2.dll) [65.0.0.0] [65.0.0.0]
Distribution: 0
Version 1.54.133596
Fault time: 2015/12/04 22:05:57
Fault address:  00D1D495 01:0011C495 D:\Server\ExileServer\arma3server.exe
file:     Exile (__cur_mp)
world:    Altis
Prev. code bytes: 01 FF 74 24 04 8B 01 FF 50 04 C3 57 8B 7C 24 08
Fault code bytes: 80 3F 00 75 04 33 C0 5F C3 8B C7 8D 50 01 8A 08

Registers:
EAX:00000007 EBX:00000001
ECX:01D634B8 EDX:026FE278
ESI:01D634B8 EDI:00000007
CS:EIP:0023:00D1D495
SS:ESP:002B:026FE1A8  EBP:16B3A470
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00210202

Hi guys & girls

Quick background regarding my @RyanZombies experience

Been trying out @RyanZombies since V2.

Findings: ARMA 1.52 (Just crashes & close the .exe)

• Crashes servers when it is full 75/75 for about 30 minutes or so. (Kills the .exe)

Findings: ARMA 1.54 (Stalls with [OUT OF MEMORY], it keeps the .exe open sometimes but no data / other times it gives the "program not responding error" - you still have to manually close the application and relaunch the dedicated server)

• RyanZombies 3.0 crashes my servers after about 45-75 minutes. (3x servers full 75/75) other 3 about 60-80% (6 servers total)
  • RyanZombies 3.2 crashes my servers within 15 minutes. Same 3 Servers, the other 3 takes a bit longer before they crash.
  • When I delete the spawner I have 0 crashes (since there are no zombies obviously spawning). When I remove @RyanZombies also 0 crashes.

MAPS: Esseker / Chernarus Summer.

www.gamersinc.net

I'll do another update within a few days. I'm working on the issues. I've fixed all the animations which has now fixed all of the "Bone head_end doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton" rpt errors. I'm hoping that's the cause for the problems as I can't see much else but I'm gonna keep testing it for a bit first. So far so good though.

• Like 2