Any word Ryan if there is going to be any Zeus optimization and night time path finding with Fridays update? Perhaps give the zombies invisible night vision or thermal head wear so they can see and run at players better at night.

also what was that command you told me to reset the zombie count to prevent the game from stopping you spawning in Zombies?

Cheers

Is this the one you mean? {if (count units _x == 0) then {deletegroup _x}} foreach allgroups; I've updated the script so now that happens only 5 seconds after a zombie dies. MrSanchez also nagged me to convert to whole script from sqs to sqf now. This should hopefully make it run faster, more effeciently and with better frame rate perhaps. See how that goes in the update later today. :)

zoranth, are you using game logic spawners or the module named "spawner"? With game logics, the alive limits you set are equally spread across each spawner. I'd recommend using the module called "spawner" if you aren't as each options you choose only affect that one spawner. At the moment you can't choose which zombies can do which abilities, well you can but only between the zombies and the demons. You could however, disable the abiltiies (for all zombies) at certain times and re-enable them later if you wish. For example, if you had car throwing enabled and you want to disable it, you would execute this script - Ryanzombiescanthrow = nil; And to re-enable it enter - Ryanzombiescanthrow = 1; I hope this helps. If you need more help feel free to send me the mission.sqm.

Okay, halloween update time.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.0 - DROPBOX
DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.0 - STEAM WORKSHOP

What's new:

- "Brittle Crawlers", a new grudge-like zombie similar to the spider zombies.
- A few extra sounds for regular zombies and also the new brittle crawlers.
- Spawners can now choose multiple types of zombies to spawn, and activation radius now works properly if the spawner position changes.
- Removed goggles and glasses from all zombies.
- Minor bug fixes and complete script convert from the old sqs format to sqf, which may improve frame rate.

Also, watch this new video too. :)

• Like 3

Ryan, I will try using the information you have provided and see if that does the trick. Thank you very much for your help and Awesome work you have done here. Finally someone who has done Zombies right!!

Okay, halloween update time.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.0 - DROPBOX

DOWNLOAD VERSION 3.0 - STEAM WORKSHOP

What's new:

- "Brittle Crawlers", a new grudge-like zombie similar to the spider zombies.

- A few extra sounds for regular zombies and also the new brittle crawlers.

- Spawners can now choose multiple types of zombies to spawn, and activation radius now works properly if the spawner position changes.

- Removed goggles and glasses from all zombies.

- Minor bug fixes and complete script convert from the old sqs format to sqf, which may improve frame rate.

Also, watch this new video too. :)

Great video. Very stunning and entertaining.

Also great job on the release.

You should know that you are doing an awesome job.

Thanks for this great mod :)

Awesome for the update, hopefully Playwithsix we get it on soon enough.

We will do our Zombie Zeus op tomorrow and give you feed back

so what happens if someone who has the version 2.x connects to a server which has 3.0 running?

with the new zombietype...

i guess he cant see this zombie then? and will die and doesnt know why...

so maybe you should change your keys with every version too?

this way they have to have the actual version to connect...

• Like 1

Ryan. your suggestions seem to have done the trick. I would still like to see a global reset or a method to do a local reset on the spawners so that they can be reset back to max once the area has been clear of players for x amount of time. I have a suggestion in already for this explaining what I mean.

Another thing I have noticed is that these Zombies will walk through items that have been placed on the map. For example, at Camp Spencer on Esseker, there are the modular medical buildings. they can walk right through those. I am also seeing them walk through H Barriers and concrete walls. Is there anything that can be done about that? I have not noticed any normal AI from any other systems do this.

so what happens if someone who has the version 2.x connects to a server which has 3.0 running?

with the new zombietype...

i guess he cant see this zombie then? and will die and doesnt know why...

so maybe you should change your keys with every version too?

this way they have to have the actual version to connect...

If the server does not have verifySignatures set to 2 (most public servers do though), then he can connect. If a brittle crawler spawns, he'll get an error message and won't see it (but he might hear it or even get damaged by it).

AFAIK, you don't need to update keys if you update the mod, you just need to re-sign the pbo which Ryan does. If the server has the new bisign file and someone joins with the old one, and verifySignatures is set to 2, he should be kicked off.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Hmmm.... can't confirm but it seems this version has troubles with the health settings. In SP of my mission the zombies are set to default and the demons are set to weakest very easy to kill, maybe two or three bullets max, but in MP the demons are super strong takes almost an entire mag of 5.56x45 to kill just one, haven't had this issue since the update.

Maybe I have to delete my old module of health settings and spawn a newer one again?

Edited : It's turns out I was right, I had to delete the old module health damage and replace it with a brand new 3.0 module now everything works great on MP. Cheers! And great work with the new zombies, I'll REALLY REALLY looking forward to the custom zombie skins.

If the server does not have verifySignatures set to 2 (most public servers do though), then he can connect. If a brittle crawler spawns, he'll get an error message and won't see it (but he might hear it or even get damaged by it).

AFAIK, you don't need to update keys if you update the mod, you just need to re-sign the pbo which Ryan does. If the server has the new bisign file and someone joins with the old one, and verifySignatures is set to 2, he should be kicked off.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yes Arma really should work like this, but unfortunately it doesn't.

The bisign is just to check for if the files is tampered with. 

Infact the entire serverkey is located in the bisign files

If Ryan Zombies is using the same server key to sign with for each release, then players can join a server using any mod version that is signed with the same server key.

The best practice is just to make up a batch file that generates a new key each time your pbo up your files.

You also add a version info the mod config.cpp & write code to end mission running an older version.

But this is prone to mistakes i.e forgetting to update to config.cpp

Awesome for the update, hopefully Playwithsix we get it on soon enough.

We will do our Zombie Zeus op tomorrow and give you feed back

Like many others, my own community have really enjoyed using this mod. However, during zeus missions we also suffered from the unresponsive zeds.

@Rekkless how did your mission go the other night? Has 3.0 fixed the zeus issue?

Like many others, my own community have really enjoyed using this mod. However, during zeus missions we also suffered from the unresponsive zeds.

@Rekkless how did your mission go the other night? Has 3.0 fixed the zeus issue?

We didn't play it we had dedicated server problems. However from what I've seen Zombies and Demons still can not be spawned in (created) using BIS Zeus like that found in Master Altis. But if you use MCC and access Zeus through the MCC Interface it works fine.

As far a unresponsiveness I can't say for sure. I was mucking around by myself for quite some time shortly after the mod was released and didn't have any real problems, while I did spawn in quite a few zombies I didn't play for all that long. So hopefully it holds out. But as you probably know it seems to get worse progressively over time rather than not working right out of the box.

I think we are going to play the Op on Thursday I will post up any feedback from the event.

Also to the Devs it would be good to have the zombie spawner in Zeus, you know the one that makes the zombie crawl out of the ground. That way you could spawn the zombies relatively close to the players without the instant "pop" you get from just dropping in units. Also Zeus's could move the module around making zombies spawn in different locations etc.

Please post suggestions, feature requests and bugs on our tracker.

If you don't your post might be overlooked and lost or you'll end up requesting something that has already been requested.

Sent from my phone

We didn't play it we had dedicated server problems. However from what I've seen Zombies and Demons still can not be spawned in (created) using BIS Zeus like that found in Master Altis. But if you use MCC and access Zeus through the MCC Interface it works fine.

As far a unresponsiveness I can't say for sure. I was mucking around by myself for quite some time shortly after the mod was released and didn't have any real problems, while I did spawn in quite a few zombies I didn't play for all that long. So hopefully it holds out. But as you probably know it seems to get worse progressively over time rather than not working right out of the box.

I think we are going to play the Op on Thursday I will post up any feedback from the event.

Also to the Devs it would be good to have the zombie spawner in Zeus, you know the one that makes the zombie crawl out of the ground. That way you could spawn the zombies relatively close to the players without the instant "pop" you get from just dropping in units. Also Zeus's could move the module around making zombies spawn in different locations etc.

The zombies will only work if they are local to the server. Things you spawn with Zeus are local to the client who spawned them. Hence, the zombies won't work when spawned with Zeus. Things you spawn with MCC are local to the server. So, spawning zombies with MCC works fine. Personally, I modified the mod and made it so you can spawn zombies for all sides using MCC. Makes it quite easy to use and you can have loads of them without any issues (by spawning them in incrementally). Doing that with Zeus might not work as well because the clients lag up very easily, and you don't want whoever is hosting stuff to be lagging or bad things happen for everyone. So, it's in my opinion better to make them spawn on the server (ie. not use Zeus).

The zombies will only work if they are local to the server. Things you spawn with Zeus are local to the client who spawned them. Hence, the zombies won't work when spawned with Zeus. Things you spawn with MCC are local to the server. So, spawning zombies with MCC works fine. Personally, I modified the mod and made it so you can spawn zombies for all sides using MCC. Makes it quite easy to use and you can have loads of them without any issues (by spawning them in incrementally). Doing that with Zeus might not work as well because the clients lag up easily.

I'm not sure about that. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Then why does every single other faction, vehicles, unit, animal or anything work perfectly fine? What are Zombies and Demons doing that RHS, Leights Opfor, Private Military Services, Cup, Euroforce, CSAT Snow Tigers, Operation Trebuchet, CAF Agressors, Thai Armed Forces or any other mod that has a faction in it isn't doing? Why is it the only mod I've ever come across that has these problems?

Anyway like I said Z&D works fine in Zeus to begin with, just as the mission goes on over time the zombies become less and less responsive, eventually to the point you have to be 2-3 meters away from them for them to react.

I'm not sure about that. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Then why does every single other faction, vehicles, unit, animal or anything work perfectly fine? What are Zombies and Demons doing that RHS, Leights Opfor, Private Military Services, Cup, Euroforce, CSAT Snow Tigers, Operation Trebuchet, CAF Agressors, Thai Armed Forces or any other mod that has a faction in it isn't doing?

Anyway like I said Z&D works fine in Zeus to being with, just as the mission goes on over time the zombies become less and less responsive, eventually to the point you have to be 2-3 meters away from them for them to react.

The zombies are running scripts that make them move around, play sounds, find targets and attack stuff, etc.

Go spawn like 100 units in Zeus next to you. You will probably begin to lag, which will affect other players if the AI units are local to your machine. Even if you are far away, you might still lag because your PC might not be that good. A (good) dedicated server doesn't have that issue. For that reason, in the community I'm in we never spawn in AI using Zeus. We always use MCC and only use Zeus sometimes to control them.

The zombies are running scripts that make them move around, play sounds, find targets and attack stuff, etc.

Go spawn like 100 units in Zeus next to you. You will probably begin to lag, which will affect other players if the AI units are local to your machine. Even if you are far away, you might still lag because your PC might not be that good. A (good) dedicated server doesn't have that issue.

Ok but we don't spawn 100 zombies at time, usually we spawn 1 or 2 hodes which is what 14-28 units and after they die we have a clean up script that deletes dead bodies after a certain time.

and we do run a dedicated server.

AND we often spawn the zombies using MCC which I know for a fact spawns them on the server as there is an option to spawn it on the server or on the headless client.

Anyway normal AI still have to move around, play sounds, find targets, attack they also use tactics, covering fire, suppression techniques and a whole bunch else.

This isn't a dig at anyway to Zombies and Demons, I'm just trying to understand what makes Z&D so different that it would cause such a unique problem.

Ok but we don't spawn 100 zombies at time, usually we spawn 1 or 2 hodes which is what 14-28 units and after they die we have a clean up script that deletes dead bodies after a certain time.

and we do run a dedicated server.

AND we often spawn the zombies using MCC which I know for a fact spawns them on the server as there is an option to spawn it on the server or on the headless client.

Anyway normal AI still have to move around, play sounds, find targets, attack they also use tactics, covering fire, suppression techniques and a whole bunch else.

This isn't a dig at anyway to Zombies and Demons, I'm just trying to understand what makes Z&D so different that it would cause such a unique problem.

Vanilla AI is made to use tactics, covering fire and the other things you mentioned. But for zombies, you don't want that. There's no melee AI behavior in Arma. That's why you must override the vanilla AI behavior using scripts and you must use scripts to give the zombies new behavior in which they run towards people, stop next to them, play an arm waving animation, play a sound and damage the player. The scripts made only work on the server. That's just the way they are made in this mod. It is possible to change that.

Vanilla AI is made to use tactics, covering fire and the other things you mentioned. But for zombies, you don't want that. There's no melee AI behavior in Arma. That's why you must override the vanilla AI behavior using scripts and you must use scripts to give the zombies new behavior in which they run towards people, stop next to them, play an arm waving animation, play a sound and damage the player. The scripts made only work on the server. That's just the way they are made in this mod. It is possible to change that.

Ok i reread your original post. However we do spawn the zombies in via Zeus / MCC. wouldn't that then spawn them on the server or do you specifically have to use the MCC interface and 2d map?

I'm certainly willing to give it a go if you think using the 2d map interface to spawn in the zombies is a better idea than Zeus (albeit Zeus through MCC).