Yeah it's starting to get annoying.

With all due respect, if you don't know how to make this mod work with Exile then I don't know if you should be hosting an Exile server in the first place :P

It definitely seems to be that most exile server admins i've seen in this thread have little to no scripting experience and me and Ryan (although he seems to straight-up ignore most Exile posts :P that bogan) get tired of having to constantly explain scripting basics.

The usage-instructions provided with this mod are for regular (intended) usage. If using Exile prevents regular usage, you're going to have to dePBO the mod and take a look at the script files if you want to do some more advanced stuff.

From what I understand, Exile blocks remote execution of functions and (possibly) breaks when mission opened in editor?

To fix the remote execution, use cfgRemoteExec, we recently spent a lot of time converting our remote-executed script commands into functions so you can whitelist them.

To add modules to the exile mission, as mentioned before, make an empty mission with the module(s) (settings), save it, then open the mission.sqm and look at the code. Perhaps modify some numbers like Item0 to fit it into the exile sqm and voila, you're done.

So I personally will stop answering Exile-related questions (unless they're really unique & special), if you do have exile related questions, ask it on their forums or here (and hope for a community member to help ;))

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I appreciate the insight. I don't appreciate the disparaging remarks, but I can't say I didn't expect them all things considered. The nature of exile means that if we added modules and spawners in mission.sqm, server fps would drop far below playable levels. The spawning script that is available to us doesn't use them, and we effectively cannot use them. I have pored over the code for both this mod and the exile spawn script trying to figure out how to make it work, and have not come up with an answer. The spawn script HAS variables for these things, but they do not seem to work at all, and the guy that wrote it doesn't have any answers either. He is the one who suggested asking here. I realize this isn't your script and therefore not your problem, but I was hoping maybe there was just something we were missing. I appreciate your help. 

Oi, screw you, Eurotrash. :D

If you don't wanna use modules, you can set these variables "Ryanzombieshealth = 0.7" and "Ryanzombieshealthdemon = 0.7" to whatever you wish. That is the damaged applied to zombies and demons. The higher it is the weaker they are 0.7 is default, and at least 0.5 is needed for their injuries to show. Ryanzombieshealthdemon = 0.9 should make demons take 3 or 4 hits to die I reckon.

Their damaged can be changed with "Ryanzombiesdamage". It's default is 0.15. Demons don't have a variable for damage so you can't change that.

I appreciate your help as well, and thank you for your great work. I've tried this as well, but this would require all my players to download a custom version of the mod. Once again, due to the nature of exile, this won't work as I would never get any traffic outside of my own clan. 

Thanks again, guys. 

I've tried this as well, but this would require all my players to download a custom version of the mod. Once again, due to the nature of exile, this won't work as I would never get any traffic outside of my own clan. 

Thanks again, guys. 

Actually no, if you are using the most recent version of the zombie mod you can easily overwrite the damage values within a mission init.sqf or any file that is executed (even the mission.sqm if you wish).

If you do overwrite these variables, make sure you broadcast them to every player on the server using publicVariable.

Yet again, because this can be done mission-sided, you don't need to get a custom version or anything. Do make sure that the overwrite happens with perhaps a little delay (otherwise your overwrites get overwritten by the addon, haha)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Here you go guys something we put together in Zeus and MCC. Role Play Zombie Mission.

Everything in the video was dynamically created. We were using 2.6 at the time which caused some technical issues with Zeus. But overall a really immersive and exciting.

hey rekkless. nice video. could you share what revive script your using for us who are looking for one that works well with this mod? Thanks.

Papahyooie

I am not sure what your exact ideas are, but you could throw out exile and just use a script that loots items. that may be an easier way to do what you want.

Even with the functions white listed, animation on the new 2.8 still dont appear to work with exile, or am I missing something?

class CfgRemoteExec
{
	class Functions
	{
		mode = 1;
		jip = 0;
		class fnc_RyanZombies_SwitchMove { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_PlayMoveNow { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_DoMoveLocalized { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_Bleeding { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_Velocity { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_SetHitIndex { allowedTargets =2; };
	};
	class Commands
	{
		mode=0;
		jip=0;
	};
};

Even with the functions white listed, animation on the new 2.8 still dont appear to work with exile, or am I missing something?

class CfgRemoteExec
{
	class Functions
	{
		mode = 1;
		jip = 0;
		class fnc_RyanZombies_SwitchMove { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_PlayMoveNow { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_DoMoveLocalized { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_Bleeding { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_Velocity { allowedTargets =2; };
		class fnc_RyanZombies_SetHitIndex { allowedTargets =2; };
	};
	class Commands
	{
		mode=0;
		jip=0;
	};
};

I assume you've placed this in your mission description.ext ....change allowedTargets = 2 to allowedTargets = 0 (some of these functions are supposed to run on every instance, rather than server only)

After you've done that, and it still doesn't work...welp....Exile forums time because then it's officially their problem ^^ (seriously though, if it still doesn't work they have some weird-ass protection going on that I don't know of.)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Hi Dev Team.

We tonight was an interesting night. We played Day Of The Dead Day 2 tonight.

Unfortunately the night was plagued with technical issues. I'm pleased to say that through out the mission Zombies and demons worked fine with ACE, for the time being that side is covered no issues there. But after about 20 minutes of play the Zombies once again become unresponsive to Zeus inputs. Once they were spawned in 80% of them just stood still and did nothing. 15% of them would move up on the players then stop about 20 meters from players and once again become unresponsive and just be shooting gallery fodder. About 5% would actually attack the player.

As the mission moved on the Zeus would clean up the server deleting dead bodys and unused items like dead zombies, players, vehicles etc. to free the server from as much load as possible. It should be noted the mission was not heavily populated with spawned in items everything was being created in real time as the players moved through the mission.

The demons for them most part were the most responsive but I think much of that had to do with one of the Zeus's taking physical control of the demons. The spider zombies weren't too bad they moved around in a horde but almost all of them would stop short of players and wait to be shot.

Consequently pretty much all of the tension was lost once the players realized they were in a shooting gallery rather than an actual survival situation.

The server as far as I know wasn't spamming any errors in particular.

To fill in some information one Zeus was using the MCC Zeus feature the other Zeus was using the standard Bohemia interactive Zeus like the one found in Master Altis.

Only the MCC Zeus could spawn in Zombies, The normal Zeus did not have them in their spawn-able options (if that makes sense) which I was lead to believe was fixed in version 2.8 but alas is still a persistent problem.

We have so many awesome ideas for custom missions and I'm not talking about Exile garbage I'm talking about stuff I imagine you guys always had envisioned but it is really hard making a Zeus Zombie Op when the Zombies are almost no threat what so ever even the fast moving ones.

I will point out also after about 90 minutes the server all but shut down the Zeus's couldn't spawn anything let alone zombies, they couldn't even spawn in respawn points.

Also when the Zeus's spawned in AI players like Russians or CSAT they worked perfectly fine. Just as they do in our normal operations. They would engage the players, move around as act as normal AI even though the Zombies were unresponsive.

So it doesn't seem like any kind of bottle neck in bandwidth or server processing. It just seems to be bug between Zeus, players and RyanZombies.

I really hope this mod gets optimized as much as I'm sure you guys do. As said above we have so many ideas for some really fantastic zombie campaigns. But unfortunately they have to be put on hold until the zombies can be a threat.

*EDIT*
Come to think of it the zombies did work slightly better, just slightly better during the day. I'm not sure if they have difficulty seeing at night or anything.

Here are a couple of screen shots. All zombies pictured were doing nothing just standing there waiting to be shot
OS7uwzY.jpg

ktQb6Y3.jpg

7q5qdsS.jpg

6IzBknm.jpg

8F2KncC.jpg

BCVb597.jpg

• Like 1

Hey,

Thanks for this fun mod ^^

But i have a problem with zombies :

SPAWN BY ZEUS :

Inde zombies = not attack Player

OPFOR zombies = not attack Player

SPAWN BY LOGIC :

Zombies = not attack Player

Any idea please ? :s

Thanks

hey rekkless. nice video. could you share what revive script your using for us who are looking for one that works well with this mod? Thanks.

Papahyooie

I am not sure what your exact ideas are, but you could throw out exile and just use a script that loots items. that may be an easier way to do what you want.

Hey mate in that video we weren't using any revive script. You die you have a 60 second respawn. If all players die within 60 seconds mission failed. We were using the vanilla medical system. You could try using ACE 3, ACE 3 has a revive script in it.

In that video we were using these missions.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179749-tactical-map-pack-the-ultimate-zeus-mcc-template-missions-rhs-version-11/

Wanted to say that your mod is turning out to be quite fun, again really loving the animations. I would like to make one small easily fixable suggestion for the spawns.

If it's possible try to dress up the zombies in more creepier A3 uniforms. Some of them are dressed up as if they are about to go to the beach, or to a night club lol. I know you're working on getting rid of the sun glasses which is great, but try to dress up the zombies in more simply uniforms.

Take the show The Walking Dead for example, the walkers look like they're dressed up in really simple stuff almost like what an old person would wear. In other zombies missions I made in A3 I was a big fan of dressing up the scripted zombies in the hunter/guerilla uniforms. Guerilla Outfit (Plain, Dark), Guerilla Smocks, Guerilla Outfit (Pattern), Worn Clothes from the poor civi, Marshal Clothes, you know what I mean? Sometimes I used the Commoner Clothes (Tricolor) uniform too. Just a small detail that easily fixable and makes them look more zombie-ish.

Hey,

Thanks for this fun mod ^^

But i have a problem with zombies :

SPAWN BY ZEUS :

Inde zombies = not attack Player

OPFOR zombies = not attack Player

SPAWN BY LOGIC :

Zombies = not attack Player

Any idea please ? :s

Thanks

Post it on the bug tracker (link is on the first page)

Wanted to say that your mod is turning out to be quite fun, again really loving the animations. I would like to make one small easily fixable suggestion for the spawns.

If it's possible try to dress up the zombies in more creepier A3 uniforms. Some of them are dressed up as if they are about to go to the beach, or to a night club lol. I know you're working on getting rid of the sun glasses which is great, but try to dress up the zombies in more simply uniforms.

Take the show The Walking Dead for example, the walkers look like they're dressed up in really simple stuff almost like what an old person would wear. In other zombies missions I made in A3 I was a big fan of dressing up the scripted zombies in the hunter/guerilla uniforms. Guerilla Outfit (Plain, Dark), Guerilla Smocks, Guerilla Outfit (Pattern), Worn Clothes from the poor civi, Marshal Clothes, you know what I mean? Sometimes I used the Commoner Clothes (Tricolor) uniform too. Just a small detail that easily fixable and makes them look more zombie-ish.

I know what you mean. Plans are to give the zombies custom faces & custom clothes. However, due to bug fixing, animation-work and new features (and IRL stoof), this keeps getting postponed thus the altis/stratis summer-look ^^.

The shorts and Tee shirts are what every fashionable zombie is wearing in Paris this Autumn !

• Like 2

The shorts and Tee shirts are what every fashionable zombie is wearing in Paris this Autumn !

Probably with rds civilian would be great result.

Enviado desde mi D6503 mediante Tapatalk

Along with some extra added in zombie sounds, these are the new guys that will be in the Halloween update. The animations are a little jerky at the moment but it's the first test we've done ingame so they will be improved before release.

Along with some extra added in zombie sounds, these are the new guys that will be in the Halloween update. The animations are a little jerky at the moment but it's the first test we've done ingame so they will be improved before release.

You dummy..I don't think we said there was going to be an update on halloween yet...

Looking good guys. Loving the sounds. Reminds me so much of the grudge.

Have to ask for one request. For the spawner could you add slow mixed and med mixed. I would like to add slow moving zombies and spider zombies into one spawn. I know i can go into the pbo and change it. Just did not know about messing with the pbo for mp.

Have to ask for one request. For the spawner could you add slow mixed and med mixed. I would like to add slow moving zombies and spider zombies into one spawn. I know i can go into the pbo and change it. Just did not know about messing with the pbo for mp.

Done. ;) I added two extra drop downs for type of zombies to spawn. They're blank by default but if you choose anything they'll get added to the list as well.

Fascinating. I might have missed something, but:

The spawner module's trigger doesn't move with its spawning function, if I use setPos. I placed a spawner module 400 m south of player, and moved it via triggered setPos to a marker 100 m south of player. Verified location of the relocated spawner with a visible test marker. I walked right on top of the spawner, and nothing spawned.

I walked into activation range of the spawner module's original position 400 m south, and it immediately triggered with zombies spawning at the new, relocated position 100 m south of player starting position. (I set module to non-default conditions, to differentiate from the general game logic spawner settings; 0 delay to initial horde, 0 horde delay, faster zombie spawn rate, smaller spawn density)

I'll post to the bug tracker as soon as I get the log-in conf e-mail.

A kludge workaround is to initially place the module somewhere out of the way (an unused island or offmap if on a landlocked map), setMarkerPos an empty marker to the module's location (getPos). Use a trigger or script to setPos the module according to your mission requirements, and in the same trigger spawn/setPos a BLUFOR unit (if using module BLUFOR present activation, for example) to the getMarkerPos of the empty marker. (optional) Upon success trigger of surviving the zombie attack, or a reasonable (5-10 minutes) waitUntil or sleep via script, deleteVehicle the module, the trigger(s), and deleteMarker the empty marker (just for clean-up to keep the mission lean as it progresses).

Otherwise, mod works great. I used primarily game logic spawners for my mission. Placed in editor, somewhere out of the way (middle of the ocean). Various conditions trigger setPos to player's location on certain game logic spawners (slow, fast, civ, soldier, etc.). Zombies spawn just fine, so long as I keep the horde/alive/total values  and activation/deletion ranges appropriate.

(dumb beginner hints I learned: deletion range has to be minimum = activation range, or else any larger activation range is pointless. OTOH, if deletion range is too large, zombies can stop spawning b/c you run into your alive cap and there are zombies wandering around inside deletion range but possibly not in sight. I found that, in areas w buildings, forests, etc. 200-300m makes for fairly fast-paced but still directionally varied spawning.)

Another video of the Zombies in work. Half of the players weren't aware that there would be zombies in the mission and how they worked, so it lead to very funny moments!

This also shows how well they work now in conjuction with ACE Advanced medical

Mind the audio is in Spanish, as we are from Spain.

Thanks Ryan and Sanchez for the wonderful work!

Cheers. Cool video, very entertaining! :)

Dakaodo, I just fixed this then. Now the activation triggers are updated regularly, just tested and it works fine. Just another 2 days until it'll be released. ;)

I'm planning on releasing a new survival horror mission on Halloween, I wanted to ask since I just finished the mission today and it's ready, will your update affect the spawn modules at all? Should I wait until you release your update first before publishing the mission on steam?

I'm planning on releasing a new survival horror mission on Halloween, I wanted to ask since I just finished the mission today and it's ready, will your update affect the spawn modules at all? Should I wait until you release your update first before publishing the mission on steam?

It should work fine. All I've changed is so the spawner trigger positions update regularly. :)

Any word Ryan if there is going to be any Zeus optimization and night time path finding with Fridays update? Perhaps give the zombies invisible night vision or thermal head wear so they can see and run at players better at night.

also what was that command you told me to reset the zombie count to prevent the game from stopping you spawning in Zombies?

Cheers

Hello Ryan and MrSanchez, I must say, you have done some great work here and I hope it continues where it is heading.

I have a question or two about spawn modules and control modules.

I am trying to set up an area so that when a player enters the fenced in area, x number of zombies spawn in y number of waves to a local cap of x. Once those are cleared, the players proceed in any number of directions from the entrance. once they proceed, they would then again activate another spawn module that spawns zombies with a different set of abilities. Is this possible or are we limited to just one spawner module along with a few control modules such as delete dead bodies, max global zombies and a couple others. If we are allowed to have the modules activate apart from each other then unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that. When I enter the area, only the spawner at the Top Left spawns anything.

Here is a screenshot of what I am trying to accomplish:

MYjcNxn.png

Dakaodo, I just fixed this then. Now the activation triggers are updated regularly, just tested and it works fine. Just another 2 days until it'll be released. ;)

Fantastic! I hope you are enjoying the ongoing work as much as we are enjoying slinging undead hordes around. :)