Tested out the mod now with the spawners and it seems to be more stable fps wise. Still think there is more room for optimization though. Zombies and demon animation/sounds is wonderful 10/10 for that. Something I'd like to see in the next update though is please remove the sun glasses and hats for the spawners, zombies/demons don't wear sun glasses and hats lol. Something I noticed with the spawns are when you reach the spawn trigger point the locks up the game for a slit second, kinda gives away that zombies are near by maybe it's something you can look into.

Overall things have been improved, it seems playable. I might use these in my next mission. 

The freeze that you're experiencing is the initialization of the zombie animations, I think. I mentioned this with Ryan many weeks ago but the topic diverted and we forgot :P

In the future, zombies will have custom skins/faces, that'll help. Also, I don't recall zombies having hats and glasses...but could just be memory playing tricks on me.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Does anyone else have problems with zombies clipping through walls etc?

I thought it would make for a cool mission to have some scientists barricaded in one of the research HQ buildings in one of the research domes, zombies all around the dome trying to get in, then have the players team have to fight their way through the horde to get to the scientists, rescue them, then fight their way back out.

Just as a test I placed a spawner outside the base, added a zombie waypoint over the research HQ and watched what happened. 

The zombies spawned, ran towards the dome, clipped straight through the dome door, then through the floor and walls of the research HQ and killed me. Yet if I as a player try it of course I get stopped by doors and walls as you would expect.

I'm only running CBA along with the Zombies addon and have tried it with both the zombie spawner and with placed zombies (in case the whole "coming out of the ground thing" when they spawned somehow made them glitch through things)

Can anyone else replicate this, and is it something that can be fixed?

Would it be possible to add the zombie behavior to other units through a script or other method? It would be great to have some Takistan zombies or try using the AI with dinosaurs, etc... right now I am able to remove glasses vests, helmets, etc. from zombies I place in the editor, but if I change the uniform the zombie will no longer attack. 

Thanks for an outstanding mod and keep up the great work!

Would it be possible to add the zombie behavior to other units through a script or other method? It would be great to have some Takistan zombies or try using the AI with dinosaurs, etc... right now I am able to remove glasses vests, helmets, etc. from zombies I place in the editor, but if I change the uniform the zombie will no longer attack. 

Thanks for an outstanding mod and keep up the great work!

You could try executing zombie.sqf on AIs, I'm not sure what results you'll get though. Also, messing with the uniform causes the animations to be reset (bohemia configured animations this way).

Does anyone else have problems with zombies clipping through walls etc?

I thought it would make for a cool mission to have some scientists barricaded in one of the research HQ buildings in one of the research domes, zombies all around the dome trying to get in, then have the players team have to fight their way through the horde to get to the scientists, rescue them, then fight their way back out.

Just as a test I placed a spawner outside the base, added a zombie waypoint over the research HQ and watched what happened. 

The zombies spawned, ran towards the dome, clipped straight through the dome door, then through the floor and walls of the research HQ and killed me. Yet if I as a player try it of course I get stopped by doors and walls as you would expect.

I'm only running CBA along with the Zombies addon and have tried it with both the zombie spawner and with placed zombies (in case the whole "coming out of the ground thing" when they spawned somehow made them glitch through things)

Can anyone else replicate this, and is it something that can be fixed?

If you are able to, do the following:

Make a copy of your mission, remove all the zombie spawners and things that can kill you -

Place a civilian unit (or any unit that doesn't shoot at you) at the place where you had placed the spawners. Make sure you give him a variable name e.g. myUnit

Place yourself, the player, inside of the research HQ.

Press ESC to open the debug console and type/paste the following code: myUnit domove (getposatl player);

Now observe if the civilian AI glitches through the walls like the zombies did. If it does, it's to do with the pathfinding of that building and there's not a great lot we can do about it. If it doesn't clip through, well, further investigation is required ^^.

Could you give the map name & grid reference of the dome you're trying this in btw?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Tested out the mod now with the spawners and it seems to be more stable fps wise. Still think there is more room for optimization though. Zombies and demon animation/sounds is wonderful 10/10 for that. Something I'd like to see in the next update though is please remove the sun glasses and hats for the spawners, zombies/demons don't wear sun glasses and hats lol. Something I noticed with the spawns are when you reach the spawn trigger point the locks up the game for a slit second, kinda gives away that zombies are near by maybe it's something you can look into.

Overall things have been improved, it seems playable. I might use these in my next mission. 

I haven't seen them with hats, but I have with sun glasses! I just fixed this then and removed all glasses from all zombies and it'll be in the next update.

I'll try do an update soon but I have an unfinished zombie we're working. It's a crawler zombie, but it's a bit freakier than the spider ones. :P  I'll try get some videos once there's more progress on the animations.

You could try executing zombie.sqf on AIs, I'm not sure what results you'll get though. Also, messing with the uniform causes the animations to be reset (bohemia configured animations this way).

If you are able to, do the following:

Make a copy of your mission, remove all the zombie spawners and things that can kill you -

Place a civilian unit (or any unit that doesn't shoot at you) at the place where you had placed the spawners. Make sure you give him a variable name e.g. myUnit

Place yourself, the player, inside of the research HQ.

Press ESC to open the debug console and type/paste the following code: myUnit domove (getposatl player);

Now observe if the civilian AI glitches through the walls like the zombies did. If it does, it's to do with the pathfinding of that building and there's not a great lot we can do about it. If it doesn't clip through, well, further investigation is required ^^.

Could you give the map name & grid reference of the dome you're trying this in btw?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Looks like it it just the pathfinding for that building. Civilian AI just walks through the the dome and then walks through the door to the research bunker.

Thanks for your help, looks like another mission idea gets canned due to being "ARMAed"

Looks like it it just the pathfinding for that building. Civilian AI just walks through the the dome and then walks through the door to the research bunker.

Thanks for your help, looks like another mission idea gets canned due to being "ARMAed"

Yep. I've had many missions & mod ideas that have been canned due to ARMA'ed :P

does any revive script / mod work with ryans zombies? If so please post. Thanks

does any revive script / mod work with ryans zombies? If so please post. Thanks

It's not like this mod changes the whole game like ACE or something, haha. So yeah...but if you're wondering if the zombies stop attacking you when you're in "revive' state, well it depends on how that revive script works.

If the revive script makes you civilian (setCaptive true) and you did not place a 'zombies attack civilians' logic on the map, the zombies will stop attacking you while you're in the "revive" state. ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Ok thanks for the info. I guess my question is related to which revive will work. I had tried farooqs 1.5a and it wouldn't load. I wasn't sure if it was the script or something else. But was wondering if a certain revive script worked better than others.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Why aren't we able to loot their bodies? I'd like to be able to script it so that we can at least take their clothes once their dead  for our own personal usage. How could it be done?.
Trying to make some survival mission and it'd be nice to have that feature in.

Why aren't we able to loot their bodies? I'd like to be able to script it so that we can at least take their clothes once their dead  for our own personal usage. How could it be done?.

Trying to make some survival mission and it'd be nice to have that feature in.

The ability to add loot to zombies will be added in a future update. We've actively discussed & thought about it. At the moment, it's impossible to add loot to the zombies because the zombies don't have uniforms. (They are in fact nekkid, but instead of the underpants model, civilian models are used). This is only for the civilian zombies of course, the soldiers do have vests.

A thought is to give the civilian zombies invisible vests and add a module for loot options.

edit: Yeah, you won't be able to wear zombie clothes :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Wearing zombie clothes... somebody please shoot him as a precaution.

We learned from Bill Murray that it just goes bad :p

• Haha 1

Hot damn! This is one top notch mod! Great work and I really hope you're gonna keep updating it. Wish Arma models had allowed more gore to be added, plus dismemberment.

Btw, Ryan - have you tested this on current dev branch? 1.53.133021. When spawned in hordes (with F2 in the editor) and given a waypoint, zombies stop & go after detecting an enemy.

Is it because they operate on the same AI FSM that default military AI does? After detecting a threat, they stop / hold position and proceed forward with small increments instead.

As for zombies, I'm sure we all want them to just march forward into the bullets without any activity! That's what hordes are for. :)

Thanks, and I hope you'll look into this. Perhaps this issue is present on stable, too.

All zombies have their FSM disabled. Unless you're running some AI mod, this shouldn't be the issue. If you can make a repo mission and post it on our bug tracker that'd be grand.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I have this mod running on Exile and the Opfor zombies do not do the attack animations, anyone know how to fix this . Am running the 2.8 version of Ryan's Zombies.  Also The zombies do not respect the Exile base parts and just walk through them. Any idea on how to fix that ??

I have this mod running on Exile and the Opfor zombies do not do the attack animations, anyone know how to fix this . Am running the 2.8 version of Ryan's Zombies.  Also The zombies do not respect the Exile base parts and just walk through them. Any idea on how to fix that ??

Find https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgRemoteExecor define it yourself and whitelist the ryan functions found in /ryanzombies/zombie.sqf

Regarding the base parts, that's probably just another AI pathfinding glitch. This mod gives the zombies a constant move order, which you can see as waypoint-giving. The zombie will move to the waypoint on it's own, just like regular human AIs in vanilla ArmA 3.

Here you go guys something we put together in Zeus and MCC. Role Play Zombie Mission.

Everything in the video was dynamically created. We were using 2.6 at the time which caused some technical issues with Zeus. But overall a really immersive and exciting.

Find https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgRemoteExecor define it yourself and whitelist the ryan functions found in /ryanzombies/zombie.sqf

Regarding the base parts, that's probably just another AI pathfinding glitch. This mod gives the zombies a constant move order, which you can see as waypoint-giving. The zombie will move to the waypoint on it's own, just like regular human AIs in vanilla ArmA 3.

Do you know why they do not do the Attack animations within Exile. 2.8 is amazing. But within exile the zeds just stand there. So within This; https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgRemoteExecI can tell what animations to do ? not really good with this stuff. 

I know that you're probably hating being flooded with Exile questions... But I figured I'd try anyway. 

Since Exile doesn't use the spawning and module system, is there ANY way we can change the amount of damage the units do, or how much health they have? Currently the only spawn system we have for exile doesn't seem to be able to, and the demon zombies are one-shotting players, while being able to take 10 or 12 headshots. 

Is there anything we can do to change that? 

I know that you're probably hating being flooded with Exile questions... But I figured I'd try anyway. 

Yeah it's starting to get annoying.

With all due respect, if you don't know how to make this mod work with Exile then I don't know if you should be hosting an Exile server in the first place :P

It definitely seems to be that most exile server admins i've seen in this thread have little to no scripting experience and me and Ryan (although he seems to straight-up ignore most Exile posts :P that bogan) get tired of having to constantly explain scripting basics.

The usage-instructions provided with this mod are for regular (intended) usage. If using Exile prevents regular usage, you're going to have to dePBO the mod and take a look at the script files if you want to do some more advanced stuff.

From what I understand, Exile blocks remote execution of functions and (possibly) breaks when mission opened in editor?

To fix the remote execution, use cfgRemoteExec, we recently spent a lot of time converting our remote-executed script commands into functions so you can whitelist them.

To add modules to the exile mission, as mentioned before, make an empty mission with the module(s) (settings), save it, then open the mission.sqm and look at the code. Perhaps modify some numbers like Item0 to fit it into the exile sqm and voila, you're done.

So I personally will stop answering Exile-related questions (unless they're really unique & special), if you do have exile related questions, ask it on their forums or here (and hope for a community member to help ;))

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

that bogan

Oi, screw you, Eurotrash. :D

Since Exile doesn't use the spawning and module system, is there ANY way we can change the amount of damage the units do, or how much health they have? Currently the only spawn system we have for exile doesn't seem to be able to, and the demon zombies are one-shotting players, while being able to take 10 or 12 headshots.

If you don't wanna use modules, you can set these variables "Ryanzombieshealth = 0.7" and "Ryanzombieshealthdemon = 0.7" to whatever you wish. That is the damaged applied to zombies and demons. The higher it is the weaker they are 0.7 is default, and at least 0.5 is needed for their injuries to show. Ryanzombieshealthdemon = 0.9 should make demons take 3 or 4 hits to die I reckon.

Their damaged can be changed with "Ryanzombiesdamage". It's default is 0.15. Demons don't have a variable for damage so you can't change that.