Perhaps open the ryanzombies.pbo, open the config.cpp and check what ryanzombieswaypoint actually is.

All it does is execute the logic.sqf script, just like every other gamelogic executes logic.sqf, and in there it sets the variable 'ryanzombieswaypoint' to 1 (the variable name is the same as the module classname, ryan logic :P )

afterwards it creates an empty trigger called 'ryanzombieslogicwaypoint'

Same thing with demon except slightly different variables.

Now inside zombie.sqf, you'll see ' if !(isnil "ryanzombieswaypoint") ' roughly on line 49 (i have the development version so lines may differ slightly). This condition basically checks if the >variable< "ryanzombieswaypoint" exists, and if so, move the zombie to the position of 'ryanzombieslogicwaypoint' (the empty trigger, remember?).

If you wish to make it as if the zombie waypoint was never there, simply nullify the variable with: ryanzombieswaypoint = nil; publicVariable "ryanzombieswaypoint";

Note: the publicVariable is to broadcast the new variable value over the network (all pcs), this is not needed in a global scope such as a trigger.

Now I am sorry if my explanation is confusing or uses terms you may not know of, I am not entirely focused today but felt like I wanted to explain this to ya anyway :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation!

I look into these many things you mentioned and maybe I´ll figure it out. At least now I am able to understand it better I guess. 

Thanks!

Quick question.. Will setTimeMultiplier = X; affect the spawn timers? Also, how would I add an onZombieKilled.sqf to Z's spawned in by modules?

Hey :)

Cool, thanks @MrSanchez - you're a gent! Re: How many spawns... Hmm I think quite a lot - possibly too many :D - Here's the mission.sqm I very recently tried, which seems to work, just no throwing :( - http://pastebin.com/icZHy3pc(I removed the 1st item in the group when I pasted to pastebin as it's just exile default stuff and took up 100 or so entries!)

@synnr Ahhh so it DOES work then - I must, MUST be doing something wrong :D - Is there any way you'd be up for sharing your sqm file so I can take a look how you set out your triggers? I'd love to spawn Z's dynamically based on triggers! No worries if not of course, just thought I'd ask ;)

Mike, I'll take a look & force Ryan's lazy(jk) ass to take a look at the spawners too to see if there is a potential problem when using many spawners. Can you give me a rough estimate as to how many spawners you placed?

Synnr, that's good to hear. Means that it is certainly possible to use Exile in conjunction with Z&D. Sounds like a fun experience you had there ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

The animation work for feeding & a special new zombie have been delayed by at least two weeks. I'm not sure if we're going to update in the meantime...

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Quick question.. Will setTimeMultiplier = X; affect the spawn timers? Also, how would I add an onZombieKilled.sqf to Z's spawned in by modules?

It only affects the daytime, NOT server time. (Server time is the elapsed time your server/mission is running for)

However, using the keys - or + will affect the spawn rate. :)

• Like 1

Hey guys, just wanted to give a shout out to the developers behind this project for doing an amazing job thus far and re-creating one of my dreams from ARMA 2.

Despite spending hundreds of hours in the sandbox editor playing the base game itself, I spent thousands more using Charon Production's Undead Mod to create innumerable missions just to pass the time. One of the main reasons I didn't get into ARMA 3 itself was the disappearance of Charon and no substantial undead content until now that is.

This seems like the true spiritual successor to the Undead mod and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. A couple of questions I had after taking it out for a spin tonight are, 

1. Is it possible that you can hard code the zombie AI to attack everything that isn't a zombie unit? This was a feature within the old Undead mod of ARMA 2 to make it easier for the AI to attack everything (including non-zombie teammates and civilians) without having to script or manually set civilians to be aligned to a BLUFOR/OPFOR leader with a probability of presence set to 0.

2. Blood effects? I know the mod is relatively new so this is probably at the bottom of the list since its visual quality but would be interesting to see a splash of blood on the ground from where the unit was attacked/killed. It got very creepy in some missions in the old undead mod where you would just see empty streets and blood splattered pavements.

Thanks for your time!

Hey guys, just wanted to give a shout out to the developers behind this project for doing an amazing job thus far and re-creating one of my dreams from ARMA 2.

Despite spending hundreds of hours in the sandbox editor playing the base game itself, I spent thousands more using Charon Production's Undead Mod to create innumerable missions just to pass the time. One of the main reasons I didn't get into ARMA 3 itself was the disappearance of Charon and no substantial undead content until now that is.

This seems like the true spiritual successor to the Undead mod and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. A couple of questions I had after taking it out for a spin tonight are, 

1. Is it possible that you can hard code the zombie AI to attack everything that isn't a zombie unit? This was a feature within the old Undead mod of ARMA 2 to make it easier for the AI to attack everything (including non-zombie teammates and civilians) without having to script or manually set civilians to be aligned to a BLUFOR/OPFOR leader with a probability of presence set to 0.

2. Blood effects? I know the mod is relatively new so this is probably at the bottom of the list since its visual quality but would be interesting to see a splash of blood on the ground from where the unit was attacked/killed. It got very creepy in some missions in the old undead mod where you would just see empty streets and blood splattered pavements.

Thanks for your time!

I've never used Charon's Undead mod in ArmA 2 and Ryan never played ArmA 2 afaik. But I saw some pics of it, looked pretty cool but seemed SP-only.

Regarding your first question, we made it so zombies attack everything that is enemy to them. Later on we also added the option for zombies to attack civilians. In the next update, in order for zombies to attack civilians you'll have to place a gamelogic to enable that, simply because of performance reasons.

Script performance is a big deal in zombie mods because after all, most missions will likely contain hundreds of zombies :P

And blood, I'll talk about it with Ryan, see what we can do.

Also, if you find any bugs or room for improvement: http://zombiebugs.site40.net/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Any chance we might see a AliVE integration in this? It would be awesome to profile the zombies and make it even lighter on open ended servers. As well as simulate a battle were zombies and demons are slowly taking over the island via the profile system.

None of us have any (good, proper) experiences on AliVE. There's been an issue made on our tracker about this a month ago. I kept it open for feedback asking what would be needed for AliVE integration. Noany responses yet so I figured it's not a big deal.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Any chance we might see a AliVE integration in this? It would be awesome to profile the zombies and make it even lighter on open ended servers. As well as simulate a battle were zombies and demons are slowly taking over the island via the profile system.

You can profile them in ALiVE. Works quite well actually.

You have to manually place the zombies though in 2d editor and put your roaming logic down. In your ALiVE profiles module change the option to profile all synced and editor placed (only 2 options available, whichever is not the default option) and set your spawn distance.

Now you can use all ALiVE features except obviously the ai commanders.

I love this mod. This is what zombies should be like. I do have one question though: is there a way to spawn zombies coming out of the ground through scripting, or is that just a module function?

Its an animation played on their creation (in their (scripted) init boxes).

This is the code: this switchmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_SaluteOut";

Goodluck ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Its an animation played on their creation (in their (scripted) init boxes).

This is the code: this switchmove "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_SaluteOut";

Goodluck ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Awesome thanks! I'll try it when I get home! 

We need an option to disable or greatly reduce the amount of damage zombies do to vehicles. Especially when we do not have them set to throw cars. A lot of my players on my server aren't happy that their APC's are being destroyed by a couple zombies. At least add a module that remove zombie damage to vehicles, or greatly reduces the damage to barely any towards vehicles. That way server creators have the option to enable/disable/reduce zombie damage towards vehicles. 

^ agree. You get to a scene in an Abrams and it gets smashed into pieces like there are 20 Hulks ;)

• Like 2

^ agree. You get to a scene in an Abrams and it gets smashed into pieces like there are 20 Hulks ;)

Mmmmm...and a bit of a mix with Halo and you've got yourself a freakin epic game. :cc:

We need an option to disable or greatly reduce the amount of damage zombies do to vehicles. Especially when we do not have them set to throw cars. A lot of my players on my server aren't happy that their APC's are being destroyed by a couple zombies. At least add a module that remove zombie damage to vehicles, or greatly reduces the damage to barely any towards vehicles. That way server creators have the option to enable/disable/reduce zombie damage towards vehicles. 

Using an easier difficulty logic lowers their overall damage. But yeah, their damage to vehicles is a bit much at the moment. I will lower it a bit. I have also recently changed the damage system with vehicles and this will be in the next update sometime soon. They don't blow them up now, they smash the windows, tyres, etc and disable them. Running down hordes is a bit easier too - they can't attack while unconscious now and they also make a nice squish sound if run over. :P

I love this mod so very much. I made an edit to CO10 escape to put it on Lingor (I also love lingor very much) with Zombies. We had a lot of fun:

ryandombrowsky awesome to hear that, can't wait for an update.

p.s. using your zombies for my MP coop campaign next week. I'll upload it to Armaholic too.

Ryan, FREAKING AWESOME mod mate first of all. I haven't really played with the Zombie mod much until today, and put in the hands of a good zeus we have the most frightening gameplay experience of any game ever. I will post a video I can. The sounds are just amazing.

However we did find that play on a dedicated server after about 30 minutes the zombies became unresonsive. Spawned in by Zeus their horde would just stand there and not do much.

the odd one would run out of the horde and attack the players but the vast majority of zombies would just stand there and wait to be shot. No other untis would do this if we spawned in Bluefor troops or Opfor or whatever they would all be responsive and move around.

It seemed to be a technical issue solely with this mod. After the game we played on one of the user PC and have them as host (not dedicated server) and found when we spawned in large amounts in zeus the same thing would happen.

Hi Rekkles,

We resolved the Zeus issues today and yesterday. There's a sizable changelog coming up soon.

Yep, that means an update will come...very soon, just count to ~100000 seconds ;)

Kind regards,
Sanchez

• Like 1

Ugh, I played that Altis Airport defense MP mission as SP LAN. Nice, but after a while FPS are pretty much < 20...

Is it intended: I was standing at an ammo box and they did not attack me.

• Like 1

Using an easier difficulty logic lowers their overall damage. But yeah, their damage to vehicles is a bit much at the moment. I will lower it a bit. I have also recently changed the damage system with vehicles and this will be in the next update sometime soon. They don't blow them up now, they smash the windows, tyres, etc and disable them. Running down hordes is a bit easier too - they can't attack while unconscious now and they also make a nice squish sound if run over. :P

Good to hear. Looking forward to the update. 

Hi Rekkles,

We resolved the Zeus issues today and yesterday. There's a sizable changelog coming up soon.

Yep, that means an update will come...very soon, just count to ~100000 seconds ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Awesome to hear, if there is an update coming is there way it would be possible to make RyanZombies more compatible with ACE 3? Currently right now when using ACE 3 and you get hit by a zombie you do a full body damage. Every part of you body gets injured. So even if you get hit in your arm you have to bandage your head, torso, both arms and legs. Meaning with each zombie hit you are up for 5 bandages and a morphine. Making playing with ACE all but impossible.

It might be something for further down the road but if you could iron out the issues with Zeus and make it usable with ACE it would be simple sensational.