Good one :D

Kind regards,

Sanchez

is the suggestion good enough to be put on the mantis suggestion page or would it be to stupid, it means that will be the 4th zombie type (zombie, demon, titan, witch) which adds a bit more variety to the mod but makes it a little scarier, especially at night missions XD

is the suggestion good enough to be put on the mantis suggestion page or would it be to stupid, it means that will be the 4th zombie type (zombie, demon, titan, witch) which adds a bit more variety to the mod but makes it a little scarier, especially at night missions XD

Every suggestion is good enough for that page.

Regarding the titans, I'm not entirely sure what Ryan's progress on that is. There's a pretty significant glitch - The titans disappear when you get close to them so we had to shrink them down again. I believe they're now 3x as big as a normal human instead of 10x.

The problem with your suggestion though is that we can't really make 'kids' that easily. We'd need a custom head or a custom body (adult body proportions are different from child body proportions). Either way, feel free to post it on there :D

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Hey Sanchez,

Okay, cool - I appreciate it's not designed to be used with the likes of EPOCH & Exile, so any conflicts are in no way the fault of Z & D, I get that :)

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll grab the RPT log asap and share it. One thing though, I tried disabling the Z&D and the server works 100% - With it enabled, it has issues, so I re-did the work from scratch using a clone of our live server, tested before adding Z&D, worked - added Z&D - issues again :( 

Maybe I missed something? All I did was fire up the editor, place modules & settings, add to the Exile groups (incrementing the group items of course) and then re-pack the PBO and fire up the server - Did I miss something perhaps?

Do you know if the 'BIS_fnc_MP' thing was resolved? I'm wondering if Exile is conflicting somehow as a lot of the errors appear to be about network messages etc.

BIS_fnc_MP is remote execution of commands and that's what we use in certain areas, but that is simply blocked by Exile, shouldn't pop up any errors..should just not execute those commands, that's all. E.g. lack of certain sounds, animations, stuff like that.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Ah okay cool - I'll post the rpt soon but I think what I should do too, is throw up a stock exile server and add to them, then go from there - don't want to ask you to dig too deep unless I get stuck because, as you say, this is a standalone mod really :D

I'll throw a stock Exile server up on our server and test without Z&D, then add JUST Z&D and re-test, then go from there. If it doesn't work, I'll throw the logs up (I clear logs quite a bit so don't think I have one currently to share).  If that DOES work properly, I'll just add our other mods in one-by-one until something breaks lol - If I find a certain mod is causing a conflict, I'll reply here and saw which one ;)

Thanks for the help Sanchez - much appreciated! 

BIS_fnc_MP is remote execution of commands and that's what we use in certain areas, but that is simply blocked by Exile, shouldn't pop up any errors..should just not execute those commands, that's all. E.g. lack of certain sounds, animations, stuff like that.

Kind regards,
Sanchez

Okay, so below is a pastebin link of the RPT log, but first here's some info on what I did:

1) Set-up a new Exile server, totally vanilla

2) Booted in up, logged in, checked all works - golden.

3) Added the groups in to the missions.sqm (eliteness to decode, checked the existing groups, there was 1 item (Item0) so I carried on with my additions for Z&D (modules, done and tested in the editor, saved & exported, added on 2 extra, one to enable throwing, one to enable jumping - pastebin link for the mission.sqnm below that for the rpt, in case you could check to see if I screwed the groups up, lol).

4) - Tried to join the server - stuck at 'Waiting for server to load..."

Here's the RPT file i get with Z&D Installed: http://pastebin.com/qPAYViHP -  Here's the RPT from the same server, immediately prior to adding Z&D (Vanilla/unmodded - so, step 2, above) for comparison: http://pastebin.com/hSrXggQR

Here's the Mission file with my groups: http://pastebin.com/BwRagXUh - Here's the default Vanilla/unmodded mission.sqm from Exile, for compatison: http://pastebin.com/XH6tgF2v

In the main Arma 3 folder is: 

> @Ryanzombies

Which has (folders):

>> Addons,

>> Keys (folders)

and (files):

>> mod.cpp

>> mod.paa

In 'Addons' is just: Ryanzombies.pbo and also the key file - I've placed the keys in the keys folder in the main Arma 3 folder, of course :)

Anything else I can provide that'll help, let me know :)

Thanks for looking at this - I realise it's cheeky of me to ask, with it not being a bug with Z&D :D

Kind regards,
Sanchez

Hey Ryan,

when I set the spawner to the following Parameters the Zs just spawn every 5 seconds.

Is there a way or object I maybe missed which sets it this way?

I am under the impression my settings of the spawner gets overwritten somehow...

And how do I need to set the factions of the Zombies that they attack Blufor and Csat.

You wrote 

For example, you will need to set "Independent friendly to nobody" if you want Independent zombies to attack BLUFOR.

But I don´t know where to set that.

Any help is much appreciated

Regards

Hey Ryan,

when I set the spawner to the following Parameters the Zs just spawn every 5 seconds.

Is there a way or object I maybe missed which sets it this way?

I am under the impression my settings of the spawner gets overwritten somehow...

And how do I need to set the factions of the Zombies that they attack Blufor and Csat.

You wrote 

For example, you will need to set "Independent friendly to nobody" if you want Independent zombies to attack BLUFOR.

But I don´t know where to set that.

Any help is much appreciated

Regards

Under the "whether" settings in the editor, you have the independent friendly/not friendly setting.

In editor along top there is a tab that says Intel. Click it and at bottom u will see independent settings.

Okay, so below is a pastebin link of the RPT log, but first here's some info on what I did:

1) Set-up a new Exile server, totally vanilla

2) Booted in up, logged in, checked all works - golden.

3) Added the groups in to the missions.sqm (eliteness to decode, checked the existing groups, there was 1 item (Item0) so I carried on with my additions for Z&D (modules, done and tested in the editor, saved & exported, added on 2 extra, one to enable throwing, one to enable jumping - pastebin link for the mission.sqnm below that for the rpt, in case you could check to see if I screwed the groups up, lol).

4) - Tried to join the server - stuck at 'Waiting for server to load..."

Here's the RPT file i get with Z&D Installed: http://pastebin.com/qPAYViHP -  Here's the RPT from the same server, immediately prior to adding Z&D (Vanilla/unmodded - so, step 2, above) for comparison: http://pastebin.com/hSrXggQR

Here's the Mission file with my groups: http://pastebin.com/BwRagXUh - Here's the default Vanilla/unmodded mission.sqm from Exile, for compatison: http://pastebin.com/XH6tgF2v

In the main Arma 3 folder is: 

> @Ryanzombies

Which has (folders):

>> Addons,

>> Keys (folders)

and (files):

>> mod.cpp

>> mod.paa

In 'Addons' is just: Ryanzombies.pbo and also the key file - I've placed the keys in the keys folder in the main Arma 3 folder, of course :)

Anything else I can provide that'll help, let me know :)

Thanks for looking at this - I realise it's cheeky of me to ask, with it not being a bug with Z&D :D

I am not seeing anything particularly out of the ordinary. Strange however, because I do believe there are some Exile servers running this mod....so it's gotta be possible...

Personally I'd suggest downloading an older version of this mod and use gamelogics for spawners rather than the new modules (to see if it changes anything). I know it's a lot of converting work and the odds of success are rather slim.

Even better would be contacting a server admin that currently runs a zombie-exile server and asking him how he got it to work & what version he is using. I'd recommend that before changing anything.

Btw, how did you save the mission.sqm? outta curiosity? Are you editing it directly through notepad? if so, why?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

edit: nope, the civilian faction has still not been added to the activation list, a 3rd activation side would be great pls

Okay, so I got it  working with small hordes - 4 or so Z's... The issue seems to be when I add multiple hordes of 14 or so Z's, so perhaps they server is falling over?

Re: Editing the mission file - Usually I use notepad++ for SQF/SQM editing, but I use editor too - With this one I mainly used the editor, but then copy/paste the groups from the editor into the SQM file for exile - taking into account the first group (the exile spawns).

I am going to check now and see if it's the amount of Z's I am trying to spawn that causes the issue, or if it's that I changed the method (I'd used modules to get it working, but then switched to add some hordes via groups - that's when it seemed to fall over and stop working on the server!).

Will update if/when I either get it working OR figure out what's wrong. Thanks for the help :)

I am not seeing anything particularly out of the ordinary. Strange however, because I do believe there are some Exile servers running this mod....so it's gotta be possible...

Personally I'd suggest downloading an older version of this mod and use gamelogics for spawners rather than the new modules (to see if it changes anything). I know it's a lot of converting work and the odds of success are rather slim.

Even better would be contacting a server admin that currently runs a zombie-exile server and asking him how he got it to work & what version he is using. I'd recommend that before changing anything.

Btw, how did you save the mission.sqm? outta curiosity? Are you editing it directly through notepad? if so, why?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Kind regards,

Sanchez

The very simplest method for Exile:

1. depbo and decrypt the mission.sqm for the exile map

2. open the Exile map in editor and add any zombie settings module you want to use such as jumping and roaming

3. download and add Civilian Occupation System to your map https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/165747-civilian-occupation-system-cos/

4. Location the line in COSINIT.sqf that has the array of civs to spawn and change it to medium zombie classes:

COScivPool =["RyanZombieC_man_1mediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_scientist_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_pilot_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_journalist_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_OrestesmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_NikosmediumOpfor"];

5 In COScore.sqf locate and comment out the patrol script

// Apply Patrol script to all units
//null =[_civilianArray,_PatrolVehArray,_roadPosArray] execVM "cos\CosPatrol.sqf";

6 rePBO the mission 

Thats roughly it.

You should now have zombies spawning in every city according to size of the city.  

• Like 1

The very simplest method for Exile:

1. depbo and decrypt the mission.sqm for the exile map

2. open the Exile map in editor and add any zombie settings module you want to use such as jumping and roaming

3. download and add Civilian Occupation System to your map https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/165747-civilian-occupation-system-cos/

4. Location the line in COSINIT.sqf that has the array of civs to spawn and change it to medium zombie classes:

COScivPool =["RyanZombieC_man_1mediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_scientist_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_man_pilot_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_journalist_FmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_OrestesmediumOpfor", "RyanZombieC_NikosmediumOpfor"];

5 In COScore.sqf locate and comment out the patrol script

// Apply Patrol script to all units
//null =[_civilianArray,_PatrolVehArray,_roadPosArray] execVM "cos\CosPatrol.sqf";

6 rePBO the mission 

Thats roughly it.

You should now have zombies spawning in every city according to size of the city.  

I also run an Exile server. I have setup a "quarantine zone" in the editor and just want to create some static spawns in the area I have created. Can I just create a few spawns with the modules then merge the mission.sqm from the editor with my Exile mission.sqm?

I also run an Exile server. I have setup a "quarantine zone" in the editor and just want to create some static spawns in the area I have created. Can I just create a few spawns with the modules then merge the mission.sqm from the editor with my Exile mission.sqm?

You will need to decrypt the mission.sqm for Exile using the Arma tools

I'm nearly tempted to make a new thread dedicated to this mod and exile hahaha, but I won't.

The civilian occupation system is a good one, I use it a lot in my milsim unit. Thanks for explaining, I'll talk with Ryan to see if we're able to set up a page with all these useful snippets.

Also regarding third activation and civvies, I believe that's done already, we just haven't updated the mod recently. We're working on some custom animations ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 2

Under the "whether" settings in the editor, you have the independent friendly/not friendly setting.

In editor along top there is a tab that says Intel. Click it and at bottom u will see independent settings.

Thank you!

I am about to build some kind of a template mission for my buddies and me where we play MCC Missions (for example) on Esseker.

I really love your mod and try to populate "whole" Esseker with Zs.

Wanted to show you guys my approach and get some feedback from you. Maybe I am thinking in the wrong direction - its my first mission so please bear with me for some beginner mistakes and questions.

What I want to achieve

I would like to populate single Zombies around me with the least server load and attract them from further away when shooting my gun.

This is my approach for that topic so far for the spawning:

utsl0a6.gif

MAP LEGEND

Red circle is the Zombie Spawner with these Parameters:

gylCIGL.png

Blue circle is the Zombie delete Module with a radius of 750m.
I made the delete module with a bigger radius than the spawner so they overlap and its not such an hard cut between the sectors with the deletion.

My Idea is to place these Spawn/Delete-Sections all over the map so you got constant visitors only where you are.

So far - would you think this is a reasonable approach?

I am not into scripting or anything that´s a point why I am so thankful for this mod as well!

The problem I have with this method is (like I described in another post) that the Zs seem to drip in spawnwise even if I set the timer delays to one second...

It feels more like 5 seconds between every Zombie - and even looks like it on the MCC Mapview where I can see them appear...

Is this because of the animation when they come out of the ground that one second pro Zombie isn´t possible?

If so could I go without the animation - is that possible? Or am I making a mistake somewhere else?

Like I said I would like to place single - or maybe a group of two Zombies in my players area. I know this mod is great for Hordes but I just want to populate Esseker with scattered occurance of Zombies except for towns.

The Zombies shouldn´t come in very huge Hordes - instead I want to strive through the woods and get contact here and there but not all 15 seconds or so! I need to balance the amount of Zombies still for my project to achieve that based on my area approach (500m spawn and 750m delete).

Another thing I would like to achieve

is that Zombies get attracted by shots fired or Motor noise. I know they come to you if they see you (depending on sight I guess and the amount of Detection Distance object of course).

My Idea is the following:

If I am somewhere let´s say in the woods and shoot a not silenced gun with Zombies already around me but not having me noticed (yet) - I would like to "spawn" a Zombie Waypoint on my position for that moment when I shot the first time for maybe 30 Seconds and then delete this waypoint (like the Zombies would "forget" it or lose interest in that noise).

And spawn no new waypoint in a radius of lets say 50m meters if I am still shooting while the first shot was fired an I already got a Waypoint spawned near me.

If they would reach me with their detection radius they would follow me right - no matter if the waypoint was still there? All other Zombies from more far away would have walked 30 seconds towards that spawned waypoint - If I am not there anymore they would go on with their "lifes" and stand still again - is this correct?

If this would be a reasonable approach too I would like to know how I can achieve such spawn of an object that gets deleted after a certain amount of time.

So basically I need a script that does the following:

>If shot is fired

>Spawn Zombie waypoint for 30 seconds at position where shot came from.

>If more shots get fired in the area of 50m don´t spawn another one

>Delete Zombie Waypoint after 30 seconds after the last shot.

So in conclusion my questions are:

Is my approach with the Zombie spawn/delete ok?

How can I spawn single Zombies in that area of 750m faster (because it seems more than one second of delay per Zombie)

Is this Zombie attraction idea with the Z-Waypoint spawn reasonable and if yes - can someone give me a hint or even an example how to do something like that?

I really love this mod and have already much fun with it and I hope I can finish my mission template with your help.

Regards

Solano

• Like 2

Can confirm merging mission.sqm's works for getting spawn modules in Exile. Only things I've noticed missing are attack animations and they dont seem to be throwing cars. I'm not using demons though, just mixed zombies.

Yup, it's odd! Mine appear to not be throwing now either! I've added the setting for throwing, but they don't seem to want to do it - They did before, so not sure what I'm going wrong!

Hmmm actually - Can anyone confirm that when using the old way - placing units or groups, throwing works?

For me, it works in the editor, but on a live Exile server, although when I used modules, jumping AND throwing worked, since changing to units/groups though, jumping still works, but throwing doesn't? (I still have the settings module enabling it). The problem is that when I use modules (and so have throwing), if I place more than a handful of modules I seem to get the network errors in the RPT file and the server becomes unjoinable. I wonder if the combination of Exile and lots of Z&D modules is just too much? Odd if so as the server resources were not maxed out!

@MrSanchez any thoughts on this?

Hmmm actually - Can anyone confirm that when using the old way - placing units or groups, throwing works?

For me, it works in the editor, but on a live Exile server, although when I used modules, jumping AND throwing worked, since changing to units/groups though, jumping still works, but throwing doesn't? (I still have the settings module enabling it). The problem is that when I use modules (and so have throwing), if I place more than a handful of modules I seem to get the network errors in the RPT file and the server becomes unjoinable. I wonder if the combination of Exile and lots of Z&D modules is just too much? Odd if so as the server resources were not maxed out!

@MrSanchez any thoughts on this?

I have dynamically generated units with triggers on Exile and the preplaced settings for roaming, throwing and jumping all work.  I used the gamelogic spawners previously but quickly ran out of groups during multiplayer games in Exile. I have not tried a large amount of module spawners, but thats because zombies spawned by trigger work fine with the settings modules.

In fact last night in the military base by Telos a team of players took shelter inside the dome because the horde was overwhelming them.  The zombies were jumping on top of the dome then raining down inside, as well as throwing cars.  Eventually a fuel truck exploded, collapsing the dome and killing everyone inside....it was epic.

Mike, I'll take a look & force Ryan's lazy(jk) ass to take a look at the spawners too to see if there is a potential problem when using many spawners. Can you give me a rough estimate as to how many spawners you placed?

Synnr, that's good to hear. Means that it is certainly possible to use Exile in conjunction with Z&D. Sounds like a fun experience you had there ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Hey everyone - 

like I mentioned in my post before I would like to activate / deactivate and place the Zombie Waypoint to the players position when he shoots a bullet.

Now since I am less than a script and Coder rookie I managed to call a script upon firing at least for now.

What I now need to know is how I toggle the "ryanzombieswaypoint-Object" true and false and how can I place it to my player?

I don´t know how to handle this object because its a game logic but also unit and I can´t find any clues in the wiki for it...

Hope someone can help.

Shooting Event added to the player in the editor:

this addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this execVM "Magnet.sqf"}]

Now in the Magnet.sqf I want to manage the logic of placing the "ryanzombieswaypoint" to the player and turn it to "true" in presence and after 30 seconds It shall toggle to false...

But how do I call this "ryanzombieswaypoint-Object" and how to toggle it?

Hey everyone - 

like I mentioned in my post before I would like to activate / deactivate and place the Zombie Waypoint to the players position when he shoots a bullet.

Now since I am less than a script and Coder rookie I managed to call a script upon firing at least for now.

What I now need to know is how I toggle the "ryanzombieswaypoint-Object" true and false and how can I place it to my player?

I don´t know how to handle this object because its a game logic but also unit and I can´t find any clues in the wiki for it...

Hope someone can help.

Shooting Event added to the player in the editor:

this addEventHandler ["Fired", {_this execVM "Magnet.sqf"}]

Now in the Magnet.sqf I want to manage the logic of placing the "ryanzombieswaypoint" to the player and turn it to "true" in presence and after 30 seconds It shall toggle to false...

But how do I call this "ryanzombieswaypoint-Object" and how to toggle it?

Perhaps open the ryanzombies.pbo, open the config.cpp and check what ryanzombieswaypoint actually is.

All it does is execute the logic.sqf script, just like every other gamelogic executes logic.sqf, and in there it sets the variable 'ryanzombieswaypoint' to 1 (the variable name is the same as the module classname, ryan logic :P )

afterwards it creates an empty trigger called 'ryanzombieslogicwaypoint'

Same thing with demon except slightly different variables.

Now inside zombie.sqf, you'll see ' if !(isnil "ryanzombieswaypoint") ' roughly on line 49 (i have the development version so lines may differ slightly). This condition basically checks if the >variable< "ryanzombieswaypoint" exists, and if so, move the zombie to the position of 'ryanzombieslogicwaypoint' (the empty trigger, remember?).

If you wish to make it as if the zombie waypoint was never there, simply nullify the variable with: ryanzombieswaypoint = nil; publicVariable "ryanzombieswaypoint";

Note: the publicVariable is to broadcast the new variable value over the network (all pcs), this is not needed in a global scope such as a trigger.

Now I am sorry if my explanation is confusing or uses terms you may not know of, I am not entirely focused today but felt like I wanted to explain this to ya anyway :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez